PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire in LOS, Khon kaen

May 28th, 2006, 00:22
I will be visiting my b/f family who live about 60mins from Khon kaen. I was thinking about hiring a Car. I have never hired a car before in Thailand. what paperwork do I need to take with me? what insurance do I need? should I use a credit card or cash?

thank you if you can help me

Captain Swing
May 28th, 2006, 01:00
I've rented a car several times at the Budget rental office right in the Khon Kaen airport. You should call beforehand to reserve one, either directly or to the Budget nationwide (Thai) number. The office has always been efficient enough, thought they've never had exactly the model I wanted. I've used an International Driver's License, but I'm 99% sure your local home-country license will suffice. You should take whatever insurance they offer--it's not expensive. I can't imagine not using a credit card; renting a car anywhere without one is difficult. You'd probably have to leave a huge deposit if using cash, if they would even accept that method at all. All in all it was a very simple, hassle-free, process. My BF has a Thai license so I put his name on the rental agreement too and let him do all the driving. Having a car with us added immensely to the enjoyment of the visit to his village, not to mention making a good impression on the family members. They really enjoyed the various excursions we were able to take some of them on.

Dodger
May 28th, 2006, 05:04
jingmith,

You may consider sending a private message to John Botting, as he owns a car rental agency in Pattaya and consistently receives positive reviews regarding his service.

mai pen rai