PDA

View Full Version : Donuts

TOQ
December 2nd, 2012, 18:37
I must admit that when I go to Jomtien beach I must have an apple strudel or two. It seems I have become addicted to them. This last trip to Pattaya I noticed that the family that sells the donuts and other pastries were not around at all. Does anyone have a clue as to what might of happened to them. I did not even see anyone else selling them either.

Neal
December 2nd, 2012, 19:32
Hmmmm you are right and it has been a pleasure not to see some of them. Today when someone mentioned it to me I did see ONE new boy selling doughnuts and he did have a colorful box rather than the plain Poon Doughnuts. Wonder what happened? :dontknow:

Doug
December 3rd, 2012, 11:06
Unfortunately the two cutest boys who were members of the family and who sold donuts were seriously hurt in a motorbike accident which sent them to hospital. A couple of days later, the father and donut business owner took them home to Issan to the hospital there. A couple days after that the ladies went home too. Therefore the business is closed until further notice. There has been no report on the boy's condition but I'm sure we all wish them well and a speedy return to the beach. They and the donuts are missed.

TOQ
December 3rd, 2012, 11:48
Thanks for the information but sorry to hear about the sad circumstances.

zubes
December 4th, 2012, 22:17
Devastated to read this, have been buying donuts from the family for years and find them very nice friendly people, I hope the boys recover and I wish them the best.

Up2U
December 5th, 2012, 09:45
I see Poondonuts are for sale again at the beach. No details about the accident.

Neal
December 5th, 2012, 14:19
I was at the beach today and yes the donuts are out again but not Poon Doughnuts.
I wanted to say that last week I heard quite a different story but I wanted to hold off posting it until the information could be verified. Seems that the story in the beginning is what some people were told but seems that information was a cover-up and that the Poon Family and a group of "other people", (may be a family or just a group), got into a bar room fight and cue sticks etc were used. The Poon Family was I was told took a severe beating and the "other group" was described to me as a motorcycle mafia group. That after losing the battle and going off to the hospital, the Poon Family received a warning that if they were caught on or near the beach, they would be killed. Now that is what I heard from several of the new doughnut boys today and the Poon Family has disappeared.

Will they be back? Who knows. You know Thais, they can be very violent and yet also forgiving, so stay tuned to an update in this saga!

Up2U
December 5th, 2012, 19:57
Well that is an interesting story. I will try to ask the Poondonut person spotted earlier today if he is in fact a family member or is "borrowing" the donut carrier. Your story is believable because for an entire family to pack up and leave doesn't make a lot of sense.