PDA

View Full Version : Thai King Birthday Celebrations 2012 Dec 5

Neal
November 30th, 2012, 19:13
His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej will turn 85 on 5 December 2012. In celebration of this occasion, the public and private sectors are joining hands in organizing various activities in Bangkok and the provinces from December 1 to 9.

cameroncat
December 1st, 2012, 07:04
Every time I visit Thailand, I cross my fingers and pray he doesn't pass while I'm there. When he does pass, Thailand will go into mourning for 6 months and it will not be a pleasant place to be visiting. Here's hoping he lives to be 100

jinks
December 3rd, 2012, 18:13
Having locked my post of years ago which was only information.

How can you allow the above to think what is unthinkable for most Thais.

Danger take care boss.

Neal
December 3rd, 2012, 18:20
I do not recall locking any thread re the King. Are you sure this something you did before you left and are saying once again it was me? How about telling me where it is so I can go look? I re-read your sour grapes post which is all you seem to come on and post and I have looked back to when I took over the board and see no locked posts of yours since I took over. Now I see you said from years ago and I will remind you that I took over as of Oct 28, 2011. The only thing that was fixed as you are well aware is that threads older than a certain time were deleted and you were the one that deleted them on my instructions and we discussed it. Only posts that were deleted were posts that said "deleted" and nothing else which would indicate that the poster went back and deleted their post and just took up room. So that is my answer. I did not lock any threads that were previous to my take over. How absurd. I have enough to do than sit here and read old threads that you took care of.

jinks
December 3rd, 2012, 18:55
5th-dec-the-king-birthday-t10040.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/5th-dec-the-king-birthday-t10040.html)

At the bottom section of this page locked by YOU.

I am sure that we all know the respect that should be afforded the King and the Royal Family on this forum or any other place. That being said, this topic makes me very nervous as we cannot monitor it 24 hours day and check each post for something that might get us into a lot of trouble. Therefore this topic needs to be locked. I know I can trust most of you to be respectful but it is the other few that I worry about! Sorry DaBoss

I was tryng to help but if everything I say is to be taken as sour grapes.

I will no longer try to be helpful.

Neal
December 3rd, 2012, 19:17
jinx that thread was locked the two week period that I was purchasing this board 1 year and two months ago. It was a period of time that I felt that I did not want conversations going on about the Roal family. It is now 1 year and two months later and I do believe that I have gotten a better understanding about the board and feel that nothing in the thread was a problem but thanks for your continued advice.

arsenal
December 3rd, 2012, 19:35
There are no sour grapes in Jinks' post. It's a gentle warning from a wise head and one that should be heeded.