PDA

View Full Version : Siam Reap

Neal
November 30th, 2012, 18:12
I am trying to plan a few day get away in the next few weeks to Siam Reap. The suggestions that were given to em were Golden Banana Superior and Mens Resort. I can't get Men's Resort website to respond. Anyone else have that problem? Looking for a place where staff are cute and in their younger 20's and somewhat available. Is there a beach or something within close proximity that disabled person can get to pretty easily? :dontknow:

Neal
November 30th, 2012, 19:01
Finally got through to Mens website., Does anyone know if they have suites on the ground floor?

Also does anyone know of someone with a reliable and clean van to take a few to Siam Reap stay there 4 days and come back?

Janus
November 30th, 2012, 20:32
1. There are no beach or anything like it near Siem Reap. If you want to go to a beach in Cambodia you must go to Sihanoukville in the south western part of the country. There is a nice beach front with a paved walkway between the beach and the buildings with the bars and restaurants. Nice sitting arrangements at the beach also. During the week ends many young guys come out from Phnom Penh to have some fun.

2. I believe it is not that easy to bring a car into Cambodia from Thailand as they do not allow cars with right hand drive allthough many/all "problems" can be solved with money in Cambodia. But do not expect a receipt.
You will have to arrange transport to the border and again from the border to your destination i Cambodia. It is not a problem beacuse it is the way it works. You can have the car you want and you will see that the drivers are very keen about keeping their cars nice and clean.

3. If you go to Siem Reap I suggest you visit the Linga Bar where you will find some young boys hanging arround all night. You will not find a gay life as you know it from Pattaya.

December 1st, 2012, 03:02
Apparently the name means something like "f*** Siam" but for someone whose so pedantic about spelling and insulting people you should be aware that its actuallu "Siem Reap".

Neal
December 1st, 2012, 03:38
I guess you missed the entire post. Your two posts this time as well as most of your previous posts are in nothing more than attempts to insult groups and individuals of different races etc. Do a search. As I promised not to edit or delete and erased Justme months ago, I have left them there but find them very insulting from a personal view. :nknw:

joe552
December 1st, 2012, 04:35
When I went to Siem Reap some years ago I stayed at the Golden Banana. I understand they've expanded the premises now to include more rooms. I found it a great place to stay. I can also recommend the Linga Bar mentioned above - had some good fun there.

December 1st, 2012, 06:41
I guess you missed the entire post. Your two posts this time as well as most of your previous posts are in nothing more than attempts to insult groups and individuals of different races etc. Do a search. As I promised not to edit or delete and erased Justme months ago, I have left them there but find them very insulting from a personal view. :nknw:I didnt realise that the right not to be offended is enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rites perhaps you could direct me to it - and it's still Siem Reap and not as you have spelled it and you still havent pointed out which word I have misspelt somewhere that you find so offensive.

ceejay
December 1st, 2012, 07:20
Golden Banana has three separate units, all on the same lane (now called"Golden Banana Lane".
A backpacker type place.
The Boutique Hotel. Not, perhaps, of any interest to you because the rooms are mostly split level, with a bedroom upstairs. (This is where I stayed)
The new Boutique Resort (being built when I was there and finished since) which may have some ground floor only units.
Unless things have changed since I was there 3 years ago, you also have to consider the road leading down past Wat Damnak to Golden Banana. When I was there, this was unsealed and rather uneven. You would probably need a car to go into town, even though it's only a few hundred yards to Pub Street.

December 1st, 2012, 13:01
The meaning of the name Siem Reap - http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/lofiver ... 70386.html (http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t170386.html) - plenty of information on numerous sites via Google.

Neal
December 1st, 2012, 23:30
I am very pleased that the doctor has approved that I can miss one dialysis treatment so Bee (my b/f) and I will be headed to Siem Reap for 4 days starting Saturday. I have decided to stay at Mens-Resort and even though I will not be able to get around much I will report the trip.

a447
December 2nd, 2012, 08:16
I'm looking forward to your report, Daboss, as I'll be heading off to SR after New Year.
Please try and check out the new Ei8htbar, as I haven't seen any reviews yet.

BTW

Brisbaneguy once wrote:
.....a447 who is always a perpetule quest for new places based on his posts is there a single place in Asia he hasnt asked advice about?

No, I've probably asked about them all. And I hate to tell you, Brisbaneguy, but yes, I'm off again on yet another trip. I guess it's because I can and you can't. The envy in your post was palpable.

paulg
December 2nd, 2012, 17:32
I am surprised that you are going to Mens Room as I cannot remember ground floor rooms. I hope that they are available, as I had two wonderful trips and can totally recommend the place

The tuk tuk trip can be uncomfortable, the facilities worthwhile.

Neal
December 2nd, 2012, 18:49
Thanks Paulg and you are right, there are no ground floor rooms or suites but according to them it is only 10 steps from ground floor to landing and then 10 more steps to the first floor. They have promised me a suite on that first floor and I should be able to do 10, rest and 10 more as long as it is only 1 or 2 trips up per day. Of course I could always do a head over heels on the way down so Bee will have to help. There are a few around that would love to have a camera but we won't get into that.

We were going to take a van to the boarder and then I understand we have to get another van. Do we need a tuk tuk from somewhere or can the van get to it?

ceejay
December 3rd, 2012, 07:28
I've not been through Poipet, but I gather the setup is similar to other land borders I have been through. Your van will drop you near Thai immigration, to get an exit stamp. You will then have a walk of a hundred yards or so to Cambodian immigration. If you go for visa on arrival, you have to queue twice - once to get the visa and again to enter Cambodia. I suggest you get an e-visa to cut out the first of these:
http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/
Personally, I would consider arranging a pickup through Mens Resort or a Siem Reap taxi firm. They can then pick you up from near Cambodian immigration.

December 3rd, 2012, 15:49
I'm surprised you took pot luck asking in the Forum I got all my information via Google from
http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-overland-bkksr.htm which convinced me the only way is to fly its only USD350 or so and you miss out on all the backpackers with there BO I stayed at Ei8ht Rooms which they assured me they will thoroughly disinfect after a447s visit in January before I return around Songkran time but its a walk up to.

witchhunt
December 3rd, 2012, 16:55
I am surprised at BrisbaneGuy's requests for info on this forum, if he has access to better quality sites with better information.

Why do you bother posting requests here?

December 3rd, 2012, 17:27
Isnt it obvious?

a447
December 3rd, 2012, 19:06
Brisbaneguy wrote:
..... before I return around Songkran time but its a walk up to.

Brisbaneguy wrote just a while ago:
....but sometimes that runs into songkran which I avoid like the plague

Ahh...don't you just love it!!

December 4th, 2012, 08:36
How gratifying to know I have a stalker but sweetie "around Songkran time" isn't the same as "at Songkran" did they scrimp at teaching you proper English grammar at your Nipponese school. If your organizing the brass bands and massed gogo boys lining the streets the actual date is 19 April.

a447
December 4th, 2012, 14:09
Nice try, albeit unconvincing.

December 4th, 2012, 14:26
Those who don't wish to be convinced never will be but I should get used to the constant sniping I guess.