PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to being back in Thai

November 30th, 2012, 01:49
On Tue ..i fly back to Thailand and my bf will be meeting me at Suvarnabumi even tho i talk to him every day online i've not seen him since June
Were staying in hotel for one night near Don Mueang airport cause were flying next day to Udon Thani ..staying there for 2 days then going to stay as usual near bf's village in Ban non sang ...this my 3 rd visit to his village so got to know his family and friends really well..it his birthday on the sat so were having a big party for him..staying there till the folowing thur then off to Vientine ..Laos for 3 days....then back to Isan for 4days....then flying from Udon to Phuket to stay at CC, Blooms for 3 days.....next were getting the ferry from Phuket to Ao Nang, Krabi staying there for 5 days over Christmas....then Flying from Krabi to Bkk ..then on to Pattaya for 3 weeks..so got a lot to look forward to.

November 30th, 2012, 02:03
That sounds like a great trip planned, lots of different places and different types of activity, almost makes me feel lazy for just heading to Bkk and Pattaya now, but I'm sure once I get there the lazy feeling will wear off and the "it's GREAT, I've nothing to do but eat, drink and shag for 3 whole weeks" feeling will suitable compensate for that :-)

Enjoy your trip ! Sounds like you're in for non stop fun !

November 30th, 2012, 03:26
Thanks..like to make it something to remember.....and enjoy yours too

latintopxxx
November 30th, 2012, 15:54
I'm in BKk for a long weekend staying at The malaysia, plan to spend the days at babylon and the evenings trawling soi twilight area for arse.....longest trip will be from the airport to the hotel...now thats lazy!!!

November 30th, 2012, 17:22
That's a very long way to go just to find "arse"- when a quick look in the mirror would have sufficed.

If you're thinking along the lines of "...But I can't fuck myself", you're digging a even bigger hole

:hello2:

latintopxxx
November 30th, 2012, 18:36
...not such a long way actually...got appointments in China, Malaysia and Thailand...so just passing through...as for arse....given up looking at mirrors...toooo scary....anyway prefer slim smooth Asian variety...

a447
December 1st, 2012, 08:11
got appointments in China, Malaysia and Thailand..

Can we at last look forward to some DETAILED reviews of the bars/clubs you "visit?" And I don't mean previous vacuous comments of yours such as the place has lots of "hot guys" or "sexy gogo boys."

Or are these simply more flights of fantasy?

latintopxxx
December 1st, 2012, 17:49
...ah good...some semblance of normality...super troll is back....missed you....

a447
December 1st, 2012, 20:40
So, how about it? Can we look forward to some bar/club reviews??

latintopxxx
December 2nd, 2012, 07:42
stop begging...not very becoming...

a447
December 2nd, 2012, 12:40
So what's your answer?

To make it easy for you, I'll give you 2 choices. Ready?

Here they are:

a) Yes, I will do some reviews, as I will be really visiting those places and reviews are really helpful to readers of this forum

OR

b) No, I can't cos I'm not really going there

latintopxxx
December 3rd, 2012, 12:05
...well if you gotta know its work most of the time with limited time for bars/clubs..did manage to pop into eddies and studio in Shanghai but the weather was dreadful this weekend...cold and rainy.....just landed in KL...thank goodness...warmth!!

Jellybean
December 4th, 2012, 23:12
Crikey bluechris1 youтАЩve certainly set yourself quite a hectic schedule, reminds me of the film, If itтАЩs Tuesday this must be Belgium! I hope you and your boyfriend have a great time and that youтАЩll share some of your experiences with the forum when you have the time.

I am heading back to Thailand, after a much delayed return due to health issues, in 2 days time. To be honest, given the choice, I think IтАЩd rather opt for the sort of holiday that NIrish has lined up, but unfortunately, I fear the first few months of my visit is going to appear more like work than pleasure.

IтАЩll be in Bangkok for 5 short days. IтАЩve rented out my condo for a year and will therefore be staying at the Tarntawan Place Hotel for the first time. ItтАЩs only a short walk or taxi drive to my condo, where IтАЩll have to pack up all my personal belongings to take to Hua Hin. Two of those days IтАЩll have to spend queuing at the British Embassy while I try and organise a new method of securing my visa. For several years now IтАЩve opted for the money in a Thai bank method, but with the continuing low exchange rate and my deteriorating financial circumstances I have to look for savings where I can. I also think itтАЩs a bit crazy to leave so much money in Thailand when IтАЩm not living there permanently.

Then IтАЩm off to Hua Hin for the next 4 months. Someone once said to me that Hua Hin is half the size of Romford Cemetery, but twice as busy, which is a little bit unkind, but I do find it too quiet for my liking. Think IтАЩll have to try and persuade some of the Bangkok bar and Internet boys I know to come down for the occasional weekend. IтАЩve been in contact with several new boys on the Internet over the last few months, though nothing too serious, and one or two have indicated their willingness to spend some time in the seaside town. Actually, there are many beautiful beaches in the area, lots of restaurants of every variety and with the right person the town can be very romantic. So if anyone is at all interested then I recommend you give it a try and see for yourself.

Rather depressingly I have several important tasks to perform. IтАЩve got to renew my Thai visa, which is now three months late. An immigration officer informed me last year that I would just have to pay a 2,000 Baht late renewal penalty; I just hope she is right, otherwise I could find myself coming back in 4 weeks time! :) Anyone any personal experience of this?

There are some serious repairs to my house, which need urgent attention and require the services of a quantity surveyor and a qualified builder. Oddly there has been some problem getting a suitably qualified builder. I thought there would be a surfeit of builders falling over themselves to offer their services, but not so. Unfortunately there does not appear to be the equivalent of the Federation of Master Builders in Thailand as we have here in the UK тАУ well, none that I know of! So all I can do is rely on тАШword of mouthтАЩ recommendation.

One of my ex-boyfriends was formerly in the building trade and has agreed to come down from Bangkok and help me out. Then, as mentioned on another thread IтАЩve got to get involved in finishing off our small development. Not sure how long all this will take, but Bangkok is only a 2 hour drive away and itтАЩs been a while since I was last in Pattaya, so maybe IтАЩll try and find time for a short visit. But four months in the sun has got to beat the worst winter in 100 years facing the UK according to some press reports.

But then next year, itтАЩs back to yet another round of hospital visits with my surgeons estimating at least two more operations, hence one reason why IтАЩm only in the тАШLand of SmilesтАЩ for such a short time. Even so, I rather doubt IтАЩll ever spend more than half the year in Thailand as I do enjoy spending the other half the year back in the UK.

December 6th, 2012, 18:01
Got to Suvahanibumi safe and great to see my bf...stayed at Amari Don mueang hotel last night ...nice hotel and very handy for airport ..connecting walkway straight into the airport, had a horny night with bf..then flew to Udon Thani this morn and staying in hotel we loved last time ...it 's called paradise...just been in the pool and having a few drinks pool side, its hot ..after all that cold back home..
Tonight going to a isan concert bf says their's going to be many gay people there and after going to disco...

anonone
December 9th, 2012, 06:20
Hey bluechris. Glad you made it back and are having a good time again with BF.

If you get a chance and have some spare time, any info you can shed on your time in Udon Thani would be appreciated.

I am contemplating bypassing Pattaya on my next trip, going straight out to Udon Thani to meet BF there. Probably spend some time there, maybe rent a car and take a drive out to BFs village for a couple nights, whatever. Would be interested to hear about your experience there and any tips regarding activities, hotel, etc.

It also depends on how many days I can get away from work....it is so damn easy to trot down to Pattaya and hang out there for the short visits.....Tough to give up the easy trip.

December 10th, 2012, 17:42
Thanks Annon....Thur...went to Isan concert in udon Thani ...couldent believe how many people were there thier was big funfair and hundreds of market stalls and 3 small stages and i one very big stage with about 20,000 people in front of it...cause this is Udon Thani Isan it is the main base for The isan concerts...there were many gay isan boys there all dancing and getting mou like us
After we went to mixed disco in city center...good dance music ..and every one staring at me cause i was only Farang there ..and getting plenty of smiles off the the cute boys there.

Fri ....we went to Singer beer promotion in front of Central shopping plaza with live local Thai bands playing till midnight and on of my bf's very cute friends joined us and we went back to disco from night before ..my bf got very mou ..then went back to Paradise hotel in Udon Thani...one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in...very good service ...allways with a smile and nice rooms great pool area..and all parts of the hotel fresh and modern...only about thb1000 a night..i'd say it was like 4 star

Sat , bf's family and friends came to pick us up i n car, it was bf's birthday so like my birthday last june had a big party in village for him

Sun : Went to chill out in the village with his family and friends ..eating and drinking at different houses

Today; hungover so got up late ..were staying in big bungalow in Ban non Sang ..only thb 500 a night ..the gardens round it are beautifull an with it being in the countryside ..the weather is fantastic...not as humid as the cities in Thailand..it reminds me of a English summer when the weather is nice

The people of Isan are the most friendly i've ever met...and it helps having a Isan bf to show you around

December 11th, 2012, 17:14
Today..went to one of the big lakes near Ban non sang...eating and drinking in the sun...in the beautiful countryside..hot but not humid like it is in the cities...getting about on the back of my bf's motercycle

December 12th, 2012, 16:58
Today...took some friends from the village on day trip to famous temple in caves at Nong bua lamphu...and 150 million year old fossile and Dinosaur bones..one of the oldest digs in the world..on way back stopped at massive market...and eat at ;lakeside....for 8 of us 850 tbh..very cheep in isan compared to the rest of Thailand....this one of my best days out here

anonone
December 12th, 2012, 17:42
Sounds like you are having a great time bluechris. Thanks for some of he details on Udon Thani.

Enjoy the countryside and your time with BF.

December 13th, 2012, 19:28
Thanks....last night in Village they put up big screen in field and had old 35mm projector from cinema and shown 4 films ...and it was free

Tomorrow we go to Laos to stay 3 days in Vientine...country i've never been to before

December 15th, 2012, 12:00
Thanks....did,nt realise there would be so much form filling for visa for Laos when we got to nonkai...before i left uk i got thai visa and thought i wouldent have to add anything to my visa for going back into thai but i had to go to imigration at nongkai and fill form for re- enter when i go back to thai cause they said my thai visa would only be valid for 15 more days cause i go out side thailand and pay them thb 1,000 and another thb 3,800 for laos visa's and car from nongkai to vientian
we stay at inter city boutique hotel ..its facing mekong river..very traditional laos style hotel...but not good if you dont like walking up stairs..lift not working so exhusting walking up 4 flights of stairs....this place about same price as paradise hotel in Udon but no where near as good
went in bar overlooking mekong river...very loud dance music ...and too many backpacking farlangs.....more tourists here than Thai..think i like Isan better...i'm the only gay farlang in the village ha ha

December 15th, 2012, 16:32
Had a fab day..going round the historical sights of Vientiane...some of the most amazing buildings i've ever seen in my life
The tuk, tuk driver waited for us every were we went for over 2 hours and only charged us about 9 pounds or in Laos money...100,000 kip so all these notes make you think your rich haha
The Laos people are very friendly

ceejay
December 15th, 2012, 17:17
thb 3,800 for laos visa's
How much did they charge you, please? This was for how many visas? The official charge is, I think, US$35.00, but they often try to get thb 1500 out of you, which is much more, of course. Are they trying for thb 1900 now?

December 16th, 2012, 15:50
Yes Cjee...i think i got ripped off...they charged me 1,000 baht for re-entry into Thai when i allready had Thai visa
the 3,800 baht was for two laos visa's and limosine from nong kai to our hotel in Vietiane

Neal
December 16th, 2012, 16:02
It seems that if you have any type of visa and leave Thailand there is a 1,000 baht fee to protect whatever visa you had prior and keep it valid.. I experienced this and went directly to the immigration office in Pattaya and was told that I needed this one time re-entry visa so that my other visa was protected. I could get a one time or pay almost 4,000 for a multi entry/exit visa which I will be getting as I want to keep going to Cambodia to visit B's family.

December 16th, 2012, 16:09
Sorry spelt your name wrong ...i meant Ceejay

last night went to one big straight bar and 2 gay bars in Vientiane....had loads of lager and gin and tonics and were very mou when we crawled home and still had change out of 25 pounds..that was for 2 of us!;....yes Laos is even cheeper than Thailand..and thier beer is very strong

December 16th, 2012, 16:11
Thanks Daboss for explaining to me ..makes me feel..i understand it better

Well that's how they explained it to me. DaBoss

December 17th, 2012, 09:55
Today we travel back across the Laos/Thai border to stay again in Bungalow near my bf's village in Isan

December 17th, 2012, 16:43
Just got back to Ban non sang from Laos....been here so many times it feels like home

December 18th, 2012, 10:31
When i woke up this morn....i thought ..how beautiful the weather...the countryside...and with the one i love....no stress...just peace and happiness

anonone
December 18th, 2012, 18:06
Very happy for you bluechris. You are obviously enjoying your visit and being with BF.
Glad everything is going well....

I just made plans for some time in Isan at BFs hometown. Not nearly as long a trip as you, but I am excited none the less.

December 19th, 2012, 15:47
Thanks ....i'm sure you will have a nice time being with the bf and family is really special thing to do in Thailand

December 19th, 2012, 15:52
Last day in Isan.....tomorrow off to Udon Thani airport for flight to Phuket..think i will start a new post for the next stage of my journery
being in Isan has been really special again and feels like a 2nd home to me

December 20th, 2012, 06:37
Isnt there a word missing shouldnt it be "Looking forward to being back in a Thai" or better still "Looking forward to being back up a Thai"??

December 21st, 2012, 15:14
Haha ..or more like Thai up me

latintopxxx
December 21st, 2012, 17:38
...how can you tell??...does he tap you on your shoulder...