PDA

View Full Version : Women offing handsome guys at gay clubs

Wim888
November 27th, 2012, 17:16
After many years [far too long], I was able to make a short trip to Bangkok.

On the first night, I went to Jupiter.
A group of Asian women was there, and the women offed several of the most handsome guys--the ones I liked.
Is this a common situation? Do the gay clubs now have women customers offing the guys? Or was this unusual??

November 27th, 2012, 17:21
I think in Jupiter especially it's very normal and in the other clubs in Soi twilight it's becoming more common - I guess if there anren't enough gay guys spending money then the businesses are happy to get it from whence it comes and from talking to several of the guys they certainly dont mind a break from the norm and a lot of them who are str8 much actually prefer being off'd by a woman - worst luck :-(

lonelywombat
November 27th, 2012, 17:51
I posted on this subject last week on gaybuttonthai

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5286

I have seen this more in Bangkok than in Pattaya but there are bars in Pattaya that do have men for ladies.

November 27th, 2012, 17:56
Hmmmmm

"Women offing handsome guys at gay clubs"

I won't feel threatened as long as the women stick to the gogo boys and don't start on the handsome punters.

But I do remember a few years ago a friend of mine went into Copa to take off a specific boy only to find himself beaten to it at the last minute by a woman punter, so it's nothing new.

:hello2:

Wim888
November 27th, 2012, 18:15
I do NOT think that the women who offed the guys at Jupiter could offer much enjoyment.
The women were in their 40s and 50s, and not particularly attractive.

On the second night, about 15 percent of the customers were Asian women. Luckily I went early and was able to off a very handsome guy. But he could not stay overnight because he had a late booking with a customer (an Asian woman?)

November 27th, 2012, 18:27
I agree Wim - "not particularly attractive" women "in their 40's and 50's" cannot reasonably hope to offer as much enjoyment as the average male punter you will find in a gogo bar (especially back in the hotel room when he takes his false teeth out to give the boy that extra special blowjob)

:party

arsenal
November 27th, 2012, 18:44
Yes, like SG I of course have no worries being particularly handsome and getting more and more handsome as I part with more and more handsome man vouchers.

However, a few points. Women have always offed gogo boys but apparently they are rather mean when it come to the tips. Also, the boys, even the straights are not always keener to go with a woman than a man. With a woman they are actually expected to perform.
Walking back to X-Boys Pattayaland one evening I was greeted by the sight of four of their delicious boys walking up the streeet with a collection of what I can only describe as hags. This was a disappointment as I was on my way to off one of the boys the hags had purloined.

My final point. Thai boys are fantastic and one can never have enough.

November 27th, 2012, 19:09
....Walking back to X-Boys Pattayaland one evening I was greeted by the sight of four of their delicious boys walking up the street with a collection of what I can only describe as hags...

Obviously you need to plan your outings better so they do not clash with DaBoss, Joe, and NIrish having a night out at X-Boys.

:evil4: :evil4:

Just kidding sweeties!

joe552
November 27th, 2012, 19:24
nice one, scottish-guy, but I was one of the 4 good looking boys he saw with the hags :sign5:

nanette
November 27th, 2012, 19:37
I have observed Thai ladyboys & feminine men offing bar boys. Some were rather generous with the whisky bottles, thus attracting many interested boys. :ura1:

Oliver
November 27th, 2012, 21:18
There are indeed Pattaya karaoke clubs in which middle class Thai women (often with absent or unfunctioning husbands) meet and "off" handsome Thai guys. They pay much the same price as we do. I've seen some of the guys; they are stunning. And some make enormous amounts of money.

egel
November 27th, 2012, 21:40
Where ,where, where, names please!

November 28th, 2012, 00:51
Egel, are you proposing to go along in drag? :dontknow: :dontknow:

RonanTheBarbarian
November 28th, 2012, 02:50
Egel, i believe that most of the Pattaya karaoke clubs aimed at women customers are in and around Soi Korpai (might be spelling it wrong).

Big hairdos like a Korean popstars and ghostly white faces seems to be the "look". One of the places -Fullman karaoke - has a webpage where you can see some pics of the guys.

Seems to be very much a Thai-for-Thai place.

Would be interesting to here a report from a gay farang that went to one of them, though.

adman5000
November 28th, 2012, 03:07
I have seen this in both Pattaya and Bangkok. I have also seen a guy and girl looking for another guy to join them. I just chalk it up to the boy and the bar doing whatever is necessary to earn money. I try not to take it personally but I prefer not to have any female competition sitting around me.

joe552
November 28th, 2012, 03:48
scottish-guy, perhaps you can enlighten us - would going to the bars in drag mean less competition from these old hags? :dontknow:

lonelywombat
November 28th, 2012, 04:44
Replying to the bars in Pattaya that are males for females, my first choice was Cartiers.

When bored with other bars have called in and had mixed blessings. Had a real great companion and a few flops.

Of course Happy Place in Pattayaland 2 has a sign in the window, encouraging females.

Daniel-old
November 28th, 2012, 05:08
I appreciate that many of us would prefer the clientele in the gay go-go and host bars to be exclusively gay male. No doubt too, there are some bar owners that wish there were enough of us to go round. The economic reality is that these women pump much needed baht into gay establishments as well as the pocket of many of the staff. There have been women in 'our' bars for the twenty years I've been visiting Thailand. Perhaps their numbers are increasing but, if that helps to sustain the number, variety and quality of bars we have, then I see it as something positive.

Wim888
November 28th, 2012, 12:16
I have no problems with women coming to the gay clubs and offing the guys. The women help the clubs stay in business.
Besides, Jupiter seems to be owned by a woman.

I just hope that the women do not grab the guys I like.

I wonder whether the women off the guys for sex, or just to go dining, dancing, shopping, etc.

I also visited the massage saloon Hero one evening. There were no women customers.

Do the massage saloons providing guys have women customers?

Neal
November 28th, 2012, 13:22
I think Lonely is in a crabby mood this morning. Anyway, Happy Place which WAS my bar previously does not have a sign "encouraging women", we have a sign that says that women are welcome. That means that we do not look down on them or discourage them. The bar is on a very mixed soi and we recognize that. while I wish I had a gay bar, if it was not for some women coming in and pumping some money into the til, we like many others would have gone out of business.

November 28th, 2012, 16:16
Of course Happy Place in Pattayaland 2 has a sign in the window, encouraging females.

Which to be fair so do a load of gay bars / go go's now in Pattaya / Bangkok - hence this very thread in the first place as I guess if you own a bar and have a stage full of boys and very few gay guy customers you take the business from when it comes - hence why we need to get out there to keep the women at bay ! As like some others I HATE sitting next to women in go go bars :-( but I can see the business logic behind it I guess, sort of chicken and egg situation unfortunately, no customers, encourage women, bring in women less customers ....what's a guy to do !!??

peeseua
November 28th, 2012, 19:47
I really don't see what the problem with having women in a gay bar might be. I take the attitude that it immediately shows me whom the straight boys are so that I can focus my attention on those who aren't - and are more likely to give me the kind of happy time I'm looking for.

egel
November 28th, 2012, 22:12
scottish-guy

Egel, are you proposing to go along in drag?

Yes but I dont have a skirt. Do you know anyone who might lend me one?

newalaan
November 28th, 2012, 22:58
On the first night, I went to Jupiter.A group of Asian women was there, and the women offed several of the most handsome guys--the ones I liked. Is this a common situation? Do the gay clubs now have women customers offing the guys? Or was this unusual??
This may seem a pedantic point, but one which might answer the OP's question and that is these bars, clubs, agogos and karakos do not seem to describe themselves as 'gay' anything. Not gay agogos, not gay clubs, not gay karaokes. They are all described as boy bars/boy clubs and boy karaokes. Establishments where one, no matter your gender, can find available males for money.

I could be wrong, and no doubt there will be one or two quick 'to put me right' but I can never remember seeing any bar, agogo, club or karaoke in Bkk, Pattaya and probably in Thailand as having the word 'gay' in their name or advertising. Well, there are bound to be one/two/some in the whole of Thailand, but it is not something even bars which are almost exclusively patronised by gays tend to use to describe themselves.

I think that is the great difference between Thailand and western establishments. In the west gay venues tend to announce the 'gay' part. This non-specifically gay labelling in Thailand leads to questions like the one from the OP. That is one of the great aspects of Thailand, the non-certainty of many sexual situations. We 'assume' so much regarding sex in Thailand, but the Thais don't seem to look at sex as black/white, there are huge areas of grey.

So "Wim888" it is not unusual in Thailand to find wimmin in boy bars, neither is it a new 'trend', females have taken off males for years. It's true Jupiter has a higher female and Asian customer base, and always has since I rembemer first visiting there more than a decade ago. I have no figures to back this up so it's only a guess that there there may be more clubs and karaokes (the type mentioned by "RonanTheBarbarian") aimed at female customers than male customers in Pattaya. Sunee, Boyztown and Jomtien have gay areas, but all over Pattaya outwith these areas there are a multitude of clubs and karaokes where boys are available. Hotmale, Pretty Boys, City Man, all aimed at females, katoeys and on some occassions gay males.

Seems to be very a much Thai-for-Thai place (Fullman karaoke). Would be interesting to here a report from a gay farang
Well i cant give an up-to-date report of offing as I am now 'hitched', but up to the time I met my bf I frequently used JJ Pub, JJ karaoke and other karaokes suggested to me by local gay boys as the best places for finding boys ok to go with gays and farangs. However my first 2-3 years of visiting Pattaya in the early 2000's I used to visit and off more boys from these karaoke clubs than agogo bars. At one time there were 6 busy karaokes in Day/Night soi 1 alone, and the main part of my evening would be from 12am-4/5/6am. It was amazing to see man-boy types, straight acting types as well as the obvious gay boys slowly over an hour or two of whiskey drinking, (as that was the etiquette you bought a bottle of 100 pipers for Bt999 all mixers included) change their pose and body language. I would often go alone and simply invite one or two waiters/boys to sit share the whiskey, sing some karaoke or dance to the DJ's requested songs, never failed to leave with a partner for the night (or rather the rest of the day). My recent visits to JJ (has new name?) and one or two others leads me to believe very little has changed. But you need to go to these places with no specific set-in-stone requirements, it needs a flexible approach.

As for women in bars, as others have more or less said, if the boy i like the look of is keen enough to go with a female, he's going to be the wrong type of guy for me.

Happy Place does not have a sign 'encouraging' women, that means they are welcome and don't discourage them
Isn't "encourage" and "don't discourage" the same thing? I dont think Lonelywombat is 'crabby' just to point out that fact, there is a sign and i dont think there are any other agogos in the Pattayaland vicinity who have one apart from maybe ABomb? Not that it matters they all 'welcome' females don't they? Now straight western women and couples who go to bars and clearly look down on gays, and the 'having a laugh at the queers' visits is another thread altogether.

That's my tuppance/satangs/cents worth, well more like a quidsworth.

November 29th, 2012, 09:09
Egel, are you proposing to go along in drag?

Yes but I dont have a skirt. Do you know anyone who might lend me one?

I have a selection - but for hygiene purposes I must insist you wear your own panties.

Neal
November 29th, 2012, 12:00
While I am trying to understand your point Newalaan I want to first say that it is over two years that some can't get over the sign and need to keep on bringing it up at every chance. Obviously their needs come first and have no understanding about business and the fact that these are very skimpy times so of course all they are interested in is their self gratification and I am not referring to you.

As to your point that you raised, there usually is always two ways to view a situation but yours and mine are totally different and as I am the one that ordered the sign and decided what to put on it, well I think that what I was thinking when I did it would seem to be more of a plausable answer than one that is not familiar with the what's and why's and how it came to be.

This particular sign was the second sign to go up and it was a few months after the first one. The reqason for the amount of boys in the bar was because many people saw a small shop house and wondered just how many boys could be in such a small place. The reason for the Ladies Welcome was because as everyone knows, I sat outside every night for a year and a half. Soi 2 is a very mixed soi and men would bring wives and girlfreinds in hopes to see a different type of show and of course the ladies let the men go into lady bars and the men in exchange would sometimes take the ladies into boy/men clubs. To each get a little excitement. The only problem was that most of the women that DID want to go in felt they were intruding into a gay club where the men looking to pick up other men would feel uncomfortable that a lady was in the bar. Now while some of you may say that.... but they are! Again you are only looking at your own self gratification, wants and needs and feel that what you are doing is embarassing in some way. Women like cock also! :sign5: So answeing the question at least 12 times a night to women or their other halves that yes, a woman can go in, and trying to convince them that it was genuinely ok, became a boring task and I just felt it was fine to put on a sign rather than answer that question all the time.
May I also say that even though it was on a sign and I did say it was ok, many women had to be coaxed inside. Remembering that in these slim times that the selling of drinks etc. is the business rather than to whom.

In closing Newalaan, a simple wording that 50% of the population is welcome in what "appears" to be a gay guy's club is very different thqan accusing a place for encouraging. I personally take encouraging and say that when Middle Easter, for example reataurants have their wording on signs and windows exclusively in Arabic,
they are really making it known that they are not interested in the rest of the population understanding them at all and are only encouraging those who can read and understand the sign.

Either way, as the other poster said, just about all bars will welcome either or sex and I say that it has been over two years and it is about time to leave my sign alone as this is tiresome and petty already. :occasion9:

Dax
November 30th, 2012, 08:30
Scottish-guy, you're a riot.