PDA

View Full Version : Resorts - Need Advise

SlaveDriver
November 26th, 2012, 03:42
Hello Guys

Visiting Thailand in February to escape the cold winter. Will be staying in BKK most of the 2 weeks holiday but want to get out for the weekends.

Any good ideas?. Like the resorts about 2-3 hours drive from BKK. I hear they offer good weekend deals targetting the Thais. I like those prices lol.

Looking at Hun Hin for the first weekend. Any good reasonably priced resorts anyone can recommend. Should I take a companion from BKK or will I be able to find someone there?

The second weekend I would prefer to go to nice village type area gay friendly and available for pick up. Should be withing 2-3 hours drive from BKK.

I am looking for some quality advise Guys. I know you are good at that :party

ceejay
November 26th, 2012, 04:36
I don't know Hua Hin myself, but you may find this helpful:
http://huahingayguide.blog.com/bars/
As far as a "village type area" goes, you will struggle unless you speak Thai. Setting yourself up in advance by making contact via Gay Romeo might be a good idea.
How about Kanchanaburi? It's a beautiful province, and you have the river Kwai bridge to visit if you want. There are a lot of resorts around that area. You have a car, I gather? Consider not booking. You absolutely cannot rely on the term "resort" to mean anything at all - it's applied to anything from a 5-star spa to a run-down Isaan hotel with small rooms and no swimming pool. Drive around and have a look at the places you come to. Look at the rooms, and when you find one you like, stay there.
Note: very few hotels outside the main tourist areas have safes in room. Be prepared for that.

SlaveDriver
November 26th, 2012, 05:07
Thanks Ceejay. Prompt, clear and to the point. Thats why I love you guys.

In face I will be driving and also have a Thai speaking Chinese friend with me. He is agood go getter too.

Kantchaburi is a nice suggestion. I will go there and book the hotel of my likings.

Hun Hin anyone have experienced suggestions on Resort-Spa hotels but gay friendly.

Thanks Ceejay once more :party

joe552
November 26th, 2012, 05:14
Doesn't our friend Smiles live in Hua Hin? He might have some good suggestions. :dontknow:

Two41
November 29th, 2012, 22:01
And for up to date information check out the newest dot com http://www.huahingayguide.com

Manforallseasons
November 30th, 2012, 00:44
A drive from BKK is more like 5 hours.

November 30th, 2012, 15:13
it is nice post...