PDA

View Full Version : Sauna reviews

Dboy
November 24th, 2012, 19:15
Sansuk (Pattaya): visited late-Nov 2012. I'd say the ratio is around 60 asian/40 western. Perhaps the farang stand out more because they are not what you're looking for? Construction seems to end at 5pm, although I've been told that workers are allowed to work later if they want overtime. Appeared that less than 5 workers were staying after 5pm. It's still worth visiting even with the construction..didn't bother me too much. Saw some lovely Thai's in the workout room. Most action is in the steam room and in the darkrooms. Might want to park on the guesthouse-side, as the sauna-side is busy with construction equipment.

Babylon (Bangkok): visited mid-Nov 2012. Ratio was maybe 50/50. Babylon was very busy after 5pm, with plenty of action going on, especially in the steam tunnels. I found the gym to be well-equipped. Staff was on hand at the pool to take food/drink orders and to keep the pool area clean. I stayed 2 nights in one of the "barracks" rooms. I felt it was overpriced for what it was, but was worth it for a one-time experience. Food at the restaurant was good. Breakfast in the barracks was nice; very impressive lounging area. It felt very exclusive..and I suppose at the price you're paying, it better be. Facilities all looked neat and clean, no issues there.

Nadam (Saigon): visited early-Nov 2012. Ratio was 1 white guy (me) and the rest Vietnamese LOL. The attention you get in that situation is really crazy. It was a lot of fun. Very local scene, but vietnamese language ability really not necessary. Nadam is located back in a secluded residential area, which I found a little weird, but hey..this is vietnam. They have a small indoor pool area, dark rooms, relaxation rooms. Motorbike taxi from District 1 should cost around $10 round trip (taxi guy will wait for you outside if you want...mine happily waited for me for around 3 hours).

Dboy

gregvc
November 24th, 2012, 21:46
Edok -over the river, past Shangri-La. Nearly falling apart. They all seemed very Thai Thai working class.
DayThermos Kuala Lumpur- ONG!! 30 to one in favour of local asian guys. Had to fight them off (something I have not had to do for decades). Strange but nice.
Bangkok10 (Sri Phaya)- many things already in disrepair, faucets not working, staff unfriendly and they closed up before 10pm (on a Saturday night!!). The owner is throwing money away.

atri1666
November 25th, 2012, 03:44
For Day Thermos in KL i only can agree. It is a paradise for me. I am there every day. Happy to stay here 2 weeks. With Utopiacard only 15RM entry.

pong
November 25th, 2012, 14:50
hello from Saigon-my last day here. Nadam ├нs just over the bridge beyond the Mien Tay busstation-plenty ├▓f buses (4000 dong = 6 bt) go thс╗Гre from Ben Tanh market. Very clearly signed. Went to BigC today though- just opened hс╗Гre in Saigon and crazily crowded. No Thai food though-which was what I had hoped for.