PDA

View Full Version : Tourist visa

November 20th, 2012, 23:46
Some times i go to Thai just for 28 days...but my next trip i'm there for 7 weeks so just been to The Thai consulate in Liverpool for a visa..could have gone to Laos for it but i thought i'd get it sorted..in advance

pong
November 21st, 2012, 19:18
you could have easily taken the postal way via the consul in Hull.

November 21st, 2012, 20:31
yes i know but i dont like sending my passport through the post and its an excuse for a day trip to liverpool ..it only takes 40 mins on a train from manchester..they've spent a lot of money on Liverpool in the last few years and its a really nice looking city now

November 22nd, 2012, 15:10
Yes it's amazing how rioting in the streets loosens the Government's purse strings.

Peter28
November 23rd, 2012, 00:00
If I apply for a TRIPLE TOURIST VISA, does that entitle me to visit Thailand x 3 staying 60 days per visit., just want to have confirmation before I go ahead and apply for visa. Thank you in advance for your advise and guidance.

francois
November 23rd, 2012, 00:25
Peter, what do you mean regarding a triple tourist visa? I know of a multiple (2) entry tourist visa but none other. A tourist visa allows you to stay for 60 days which can be extended, while in Thailand, for another 30 days = 90 days. With a multiple entry visa you can leave the Kingdom to another country and apply for another tourist visa in that country for another 60 days . Or just leave the Kingdom and return and get a 30 day on arrival stay. Others may wish to revise, clarify, or confirm my comments.

November 23rd, 2012, 00:51
Maybe Peter's a big guy - maybe its the TOURIST that's TRIPLE and not the VISA!!!!!

:naka:

Peter28
November 23rd, 2012, 03:05
Thank you Francois for the information hence I can stay up till 90 days in Thailand, without worrying about visa runs to Laos or Cambodia. :party

Scottish-Guy You made me laugh and day, good sense of humour if only you knew what I look like. :naka:

francois
November 23rd, 2012, 08:37
yes Peter, you can stay 90 days and can leave, if you have a multiple entry tourist visa, and return for 30 days or get another tourist visa at a Thai consulate for another 60 days; but again only my interpretation.

ceejay
November 23rd, 2012, 15:08
Apologies, Francois, but I find your last post a little unclear.
With a single entry tourist visa you will be stamped in for 60 days. This can be extended by 30 days (giving 90 in all) at an immigration office for a fee of baht 1900. The rules allow for further extensions after this of 14 and then 7 days (again baht 1900 each time) but you are not guaranteed to get these.
You can get two- or three-entry tourist visas (I believe the triple entry is only issued in some countries, but the UK is one of them) allowing 60 days per entry. You need to leave the country and re-enter each 60 days. I don't know if you could extend these on the first entry. I doubt it.

2lz2p
November 23rd, 2012, 15:27
You can extend the 60 day stay for an additional 30 days (fee 1,900 B) on any of the entries (single, double, or triple) - BUT, be sure to note the "expiration date" on the visa - after that date, it is no longer valid. If you enter a day before the expiration date, you would get the full 60 days, which can be extended another 30 days. If you still have another permitted entry, but it is after the expiration date - you will get only the 30 days permitted under Visa Waiver (if entering at airport or 15 days if at a land border).