PDA

View Full Version : Massage for medical reasons

christianpfc
November 20th, 2012, 15:19
Massage for medical reasons

Occasionally, you read on the forums that massage can be beneficial if you have back problems or problems with joints, and a I have a first-hand report from a friend who found massage helpful for his back problems where western medicine was not helpful.

I have problems with my right knee (only after running more than half an hour, this has been going on for years) and went to see a doctor recently. I wonder if forum members have experience with massage alleviating problems with knee joints. If yes, please share (within the board rules regarding medical advice).

Neal
November 20th, 2012, 15:25
Christian it is always worth a try. As far as my personal experience with massage for my left knee, I am unsure if it is arthritis or an accident I had about 4 years back and fell on my knee but unforyubately massage feels good but the pain comes right back afterwards. My suggestion? Give it a try all you stand to lose is 300 baht. Oh, I forgot who I'm talking to. Just kidding!

November 20th, 2012, 18:15
If you don't want to be forever getting massage on your back (because any immediate benefit rapidly disappears) - you might try some self-administered transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS).

You can buy these little machines fairly reasonably now and, as the name suggests they generate low-voltage electrical stimulation which passes through the skin and stimulates muscles and nerves - which many people find beneficial.
The only consumables are batteries, and the sticky conductive pads which you place over the affected area and which deliver the stimulation - you have to replace these now and again.
There is lots of evidence-based research to demonstrate the effectiveness of these systems for back and knee pain.

Of course, as with massage, these machines can be (ab)used for sexual stimulation - which might be an added bonus as I can just (unjustifiably maybe) picture Christian being into electro-sex (whilst in his army uniform of course!)

:wav:

Beachlover
December 27th, 2012, 20:59
I exercise a lot and lead a pretty fast paced life so a massage once a week loosens all the tight muscles, relaxes the body and gives my mind an hour and a half of quiet time without my phone or laptop to distract it!

If there's a specific problem or injury you need to fix, go for remedial massage and only go to a therapist qualified in remedial massage. This means they can actually diagnose and direct the right massage techniques towards fixing whatever problem you have.

latintopxxx
March 6th, 2013, 04:12
...those electrical gadgets can also be used to exercise your cum muscle...same one you use to stop urine flow....train that and you can maintain the most incredible erections....and repeat orgasms......