PDA

View Full Version : A Message From Punya at Sansuk Suana

Neal
November 19th, 2012, 12:49
From DaBoss:
Recently we had a person join who I will leave un named. Within an hour of joining he sent a huge post against Sansuk Suana and attempts to continue to try and post awful posts against them. They don't get to the forum because this is the only thing he tries to post and that is bad posts against Sansuk and why I will not post his post. I do not feel it is fair to slam a business that has been part of the community for as long as Punya has been and while he is attempting to do so much construction.
Let's wait til Punya is finished. I think everyone has been told he is doing construction and they have a choice to stay or not to stay while this is going on but I don't think it is fair to slam him and will hope that everyone will wait until work is completed. Thanks Da Boss

Here is Punya's reply to our inquiry regarding this persons complaint:

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Sansuk Sauna & Guesthouse <info@sansukpattaya.com> wrote:

Hi ******, Thank you for being kind enough to ask us for feedback from the customerтАЩs complaint which I have to regretfully admit in part is probably true, with the exception of the sauna being dirty that is.

There is a new Guesthouse wing being built which except from the daytime construction noise does not affect the old Guesthouse or Sauna Complex at the moment

What does affect the sauna complex is a new three story building and another two story building going up around the swimming pool area and part of the sitting area has cladding to hide the building work, which makes the sitting area around the pool a bit restricted, it should have been finished in October, but as always, the builder is behind schedule despite constant pressure.

Regarding the unfriendly staff, if that's what the guest felt then they must be right, and for that I sincerely apologize. There is a delicate balance between being friendly and being too friendly and sometimes the customers expect 'Too friendly' Sometimes we have language communication misunderstandings!

We are waiting for a new manager to start who I hope will sort any staff problem out. I have so much going on at the moment I am finding it hard work trying to cope with everything on my own.

In the meantime I must apologize most sincerely for all the disruption that is going on, but I hope the end result will have greatly upgraded Sansuk Sauna and Guesthouse and this horrible inbetween period will have been forgotten when everything is completed by February or March тАУ Hopefully

P.S. When I showed your email to a guest he sent me this email; тАШI have been in the pool every morning at 7:00 am and watched four staff start cleaning the area and they have all greeted me in a most friendly way. In addition, this is the only sauna I have ever seen that has someone walking around during open hours cleaning up after patrons.
I suppose someone may have had an experience with a staff member who seemed unfriendly, but it seems hard to believe. My guess is something may have been lost in translation. Having worked in public relations for over 30 plus years I do know you can't make everyone happy - and Punya truly tries.
I have had his staff tell me Punya has a huge heart. And I believe them.
Thanks for letting me give some input. I plan on giving Sansuk great reviews on every website I can find when I return home to SeattleтАЩ
Room 203

Thank you for your interest in Sansuk, congratulations on going on-line

Sincere best wishes, Punya (Ratana)

So there is your answer and we have investigated your complaint and find Punya's answer quite satisfactory.

November 19th, 2012, 16:44
I can only speak for myself.

I have stayed at Sansuk Sauna/Guesthouse in the past - although I have not utilised the actual sauna myself I have lounged about the pool area etc.

My comment is that I have never been in a cleaner place before or since - it is spotless.

I imagine that if there is construction work going on then there will inevitably be dust etc from that. If this upsets someone, surely the best course of action is to take it up directly with the proprietor (he is there every day) and based on that you decide whether to go back.

I found the staff (rather than Punya himself, who is very outgoing) to be courteous rather than friendly - which is all I require actually. They even nodded to me :evil4: .

zubes
November 20th, 2012, 01:47
Have to agree, always enjoy my visits to Sansuk and was a great addition to the Gay scene when it opened, always find the staff friendly and I treat them in a professional manner as they deserve. Punya does a great job which is proven by his need to expand and I wish him well for the future. This is one customer who will continue to return!

anonone
November 20th, 2012, 05:40
I miss Howards Guesthouse. I wish Punya's new "value" place was in a better location for hitting the bars and such. I really like being within easy walking distance....

I have been to Sansuk once and it was fine, nothing stellar but nothing horrible either. I am not a big sauna fan while in Thailand so I have no reason to hurry back.

I do wish Punya all the best though.

travelerjim
November 20th, 2012, 12:52
Over many years I was a guest of Punya's Howards Hotel...
always felt at home with greetings and clean room...Punya and staff do try to please :-)

I have never stayed at Sansuk, but can appreciate the issues involving "construction"
I have on occasion visited the sauna for health reasons :-) and always found it clean and welcoming.

A friend of mine is coming for a weeks stay in Pattaya and has chosen Sansuk.
He says Punya has some special rates on offer....ask him. My friend has a nice
standard room reserved for him, with breakfast & sauna privileges at 1,000 THB total nightly.

Good Luck Punya...I wish you even greater success with your new additions at Sansuk...
and I am sure many will mis the convenience of Howards Hotel.

Might I suggest the Flamingo Hotel or Two Guys Guesthouse, both fine locations and
easy access to most anything your heart desires in Pattaya...If you fine Sansuk's location difficult for you.

Additionally, the Bondi on the beach at Dongtan Beach is ideal location with great staffing & hospitality.
As are the many good hotels in the Jomtien Complex...The Venue, Poseidon, Ganymede and more.

tj

Neal
November 20th, 2012, 16:21
I apologize as I thought I scanned Punyas letter enough and did not see that there was the name of the guest who sent him the email saying he had a good time. The name has been removed.
As far as someone's quest to read the complaint, I am not going to have a member join this board and within 1 hour make a huge post going on and on about a person or business who has had a very good reputation in this community. Posting only one post and only coming on to our board that time, trying the post 3 times over a few days wreaks of having a libelous agenda which I won't allow or get into. We have no idea who the poster is and he has no other posts. Very easily can be a libelous post. We passed it on to Punya and he responded to the customer and all who read.

anonone
November 20th, 2012, 18:03
tj

Thanks for the suggestions re Flamingo and Two Guys. I have stayed at Two Guys a couple of times. It was fine, but not quite like Howards. Probably a bit of sentiment talking, but I really liked the whole package there. Basic rooms at a good price, elevator, perfect location, fun free lance staff in the lobby til late, Punya dropping by to chat up a bit.....

I am booked at Mosaic for the next trip, with a couple of nights in Jomtien Complex as well. I am still trying to find my new "home away from home" for my visits.

Neal
November 21st, 2012, 13:32
So to end the complaint that was sent to me regarding Sansuk I am going to print the latest response from Billy: ( and I am allowed to say the members registered name)

You are right. I have an agenda. My agenda is to improve Sansuk so that my
friends and I can again enjoy being there. None of us frequent the place
anymore.

Sorry if the Russian comment was considered discriminatory. It was meant to
factual. Anyway, there are at least 2 foreigners to every Thai.

My friends have also made the same observations I stated and this is a
compilation of our complaints. Read my comments again and go there
yourself or send someone who is unbiased and totally objective. You will
see that everything I said is fact. If the problems I mentioned were
fixed then everyone and Sansuk would benefit.

So basically the problem is that he feels there are too many foreigners there right now and not enough Thais to have sex with. That there are a few too many Russians staying there. I think if they are young that would be a PLUS!

Personally the complaint is written...."me and my freinds would like to improve Sansuk" sounds too much like well another board owner. Do it my way and you will sucseed. I am done with this complaint.

Neal
November 24th, 2012, 21:35
This was a post put up by Dboy today and since it has to do with Sansuk I thought I would put a copy here also. Enjoy.

Posted: Sat 24 Nov, 2012 8:15 pm

Sansuk (Pattaya): visited late-Nov 2012. I'd say the ratio is around 60 asian/40 western. Perhaps the farang stand out more because they are not what you're looking for? Construction seems to end at 5pm, although I've been told that workers are allowed to work later if they want overtime. Appeared that less than 5 workers were staying after 5pm. It's still worth visiting even with the construction..didn't bother me too much. Saw some lovely Thai's in the workout room. Most action is in the steam room and in the darkrooms. Might want to park on the guesthouse-side, as the sauna-side is busy with construction equipment.

November 24th, 2012, 21:49
Interesting to see that Sunsuk now also have their Sauna web pages translated into Russian too ! Just shows there must be a market amongst all those hot Str8 russian guys after all perhaps ( as every one I've ever spoken to tells me there are NO gay people in Russia apparently ! :-)

Liamog
November 24th, 2012, 23:17
Interesting to see that Sunsuk now also have their Sauna web pages translated into Russian too !

I would be much more likely to visit if the place was frequented by russian boys.

Maybe it is and that's why or what they are up to is to get some young Russian guys in there. Has anyone checked it out and seen if it may be what they are trying?

Dboy
December 10th, 2012, 17:53
Sansuk (Pattaya): visited late-Nov 2012. I'd say the ratio is around 60 asian/40 western. Perhaps the farang stand out more because they are not what you're looking for? Construction seems to end at 5pm, although I've been told that workers are allowed to work later if they want overtime. Appeared that less than 5 workers were staying after 5pm. It's still worth visiting even with the construction..didn't bother me too much. Saw some lovely Thai's in the workout room. Most action is in the steam room and in the darkrooms. Might want to park on the guesthouse-side, as the sauna-side is busy with construction equipment. (originally posted in my sauna reviews).

I've now visited again (early December 2012) and can report that Sansuk is really busy on the weekends, especially after 5pm. Fun scene to be sure.

Dboy