PDA

View Full Version : Some newbie questions

teadrinker
November 15th, 2012, 19:18
Hi folks,

I'm a 52 year old farang, due to visit Bangkok in mid December for a conference. I'm a bit out of shape (paunchy stomach), but not hugely obese - nicely huggable, I've been told - and, I should add - pretty fit with it! Anyway, I've been visiting various forums and websites, and I'd like to know: which of Bangkok's saunas are farang-friendly? I've heard (possibly wrongly) that Babylon is all old overweight westerners (like me) - well, I can get all of that at home (Australia). I'm hoping to mix with locals.... Secondly, which of the gogo bars are worth visiting? They seem to change quite a bit, and some of them sound like rip-off places mainly designed to separate ignorant farangs from their money.

Thanks folks! I can't wait - although I've spent lots of time in KL and Singapore, this will be my first visit to BKK, and I understand the food is even better!

cheers,
-T.

Neal
November 15th, 2012, 19:26
Welcome to the board and hope you have a great time.

latintopxxx
November 16th, 2012, 01:58
just relax, babylon is paradise, lots of nationalities, lots of Asians too...complete nonsense that its all fat old Europeans...as for the gogo bars..its only small money..a 1000baht is not gonna hurt..only about тВм25....where else in the world can you order a boy like its a pizza...off a stage crammed full of gorgeousnesses....stop being so wary...gonna spoil your fun.

egel
November 16th, 2012, 04:36
as for the gogo bars..its only small money..a 1000baht is not gonna hurt..only about тВм25....
Call that 2000Bt, minimum (all in) for an "Off".
But it still wont break the bank.

adman5000
November 16th, 2012, 10:52
I tell all newbies the same thing. The boys at the bars change constantly, so visit all the bars and decide which one you like the best as we all look for different types and looks. Also, share your viewpoints here on this forum. Think of yourself as a reporter or bar reviewer.
Change your paradigm (my favorite word). Don't regard a 200 baht drink price as a rip-off. Regard it similar to a cover price to allow you to see the boys to find one you like. After flying half-way around the world to visit Thailand, I think a drink price is a small price to take a look at which boys you like. You are paying a small amount to possibly see someone who you want to spend more time with. You can ask questions of the mammasan about the boy, you can invite the boy down by buying him a drink to talk to him directly or with the mammasan's help, (and of that 200 baht- please remember that the boy will probably get 30-40 baht which he will likely later use to eat that night). You may also time your visit with a show, so you get additional entertainment at no additional cost. I also want the bar owners to make enough profit to make this entertainment available in the future. So I never regard a drink price as a rip-off. If all I wanted was a cheap drink, I would buy the drink at 7-11 and take it back to my room. But how much fun is that?
:occasion9:

christianpfc
November 16th, 2012, 22:04
Secondly, which of the gogo bars are worth visiting?
You will get a different answer from every forum member. There are a few bars that never disappointed me, the others I take the offer by the doorman "Have a free look first, Sir" and if I don't like what I see (too few boys on stage, show I don't like, or other reason), I leave and try again another time.

pong
November 17th, 2012, 12:48
as for sauna; BKK has about 40-find them nealry all and uptodate on a site gayscout-with google maps-most are pretty accurate.
As to your Q; there is sadly no good answer-Ive been to about half of them-spread out in some years, and you simply never know. Its even a drag to find out when they are busy or not and waht is going on-but there are Thai-lingo fora. For the rest its pretty much hit or miss and lucky draw. But you can be assured that the 4/5 around Silom area are uite sued to any type of farang-those are SaunaMania, Menfactory, Heaven and M10-. SM has a rep. for being sometimes afa=aseanforasean only-often large groups of mainland Chinese. For data and sepcials-cheakc a site named gthai.net-again only in Thai. On a site named cr..ngf.rs.x you can find more saucy stories.
For myself my succes ratio in outofBKK sauna's was 150%-but in BKK maybe 50/60. But I am small, Asian posture and older as most patrons.

christianpfc
November 17th, 2012, 22:54
On a site named cr..ngf.rs.x you can find more saucy stories.

There is something wrong with this address, I can't find it by copying in into the address bar or by googling it.

Neal
November 17th, 2012, 23:29
That's because Pong continues to pretend he can't spell. The name is cruising forsex.com There ya go Christian.