PDA

View Full Version : Discos , or clubs

aot871
November 12th, 2012, 01:18
On another message, guys are talking about improving pattayaland. What is missing in the whole of pattaya is a decent club ( in my days a disco ). While there is Dave and Nab , there is no western style disco , ie a big central dance floor. The only such clubs i know of in thailand are DJ station .and God , both in bkk . I dont see the point of just dancing round the table which the locals tend to do. On my last trip to siam reap , I found a club which is western style so , I just wonder why pattaya does not have one

November 12th, 2012, 01:24
Yes i love dancing when i go to a club...but feel a bit restricted in places like nab.....so somtimes have to go to straight clubs like Mix disco at the top of walking st

November 12th, 2012, 01:43
Totally agree - plus never mind me wanting to strut my stuff ( not a pleasant sight at the best of times I'm guessing) but fir me half the pleasure is actually just standing back and enjoying watching the Thai guys dancing their asses off as I just love the energy and fun they throw into every move and the fun atmosphere just fills the whole venue !

gaymandenmark
November 12th, 2012, 03:04
I totally agree, Pattaya needs a disco with a decent dancefloor, but is there a demand? would it change the characters of gay tourist coming to Pattaya?

Now when I think about it, even in Luang Prabang, Laos, some years ago I was in a mixed "disco" which had a dancefloor, but it closed way to early :party

pong
November 12th, 2012, 13:48
as history proves, these places do not live long with Thai. BKk had quite a few (general-str8)-the most well known was NASA-in the 90ies, on the place where is now the ramkamhaeng ARL-station (yes, as so many it was illegally built on encrouched land of the SRT). There seems also to be an inevitable trend for these places to soon turn into drug/dope-hideaways etc.-which again leads to frequent BiB-checks with all that comes with that, which again drives away the normal joe customer. All gay such places here in BKk are of the tabel-dancing system-why simply not turn your mindset into some Thai custom? Around RCA now even (castro), the well known Lamsalee/Ram 89 and the OToKo (weekend market) area. Thew real flesh market is after they close on the roads. I guess in PTY it will turn into a prostitute gathering place whithin seconds.

aot871
November 12th, 2012, 17:09
I belive you are wrong there Pong . as i said in my first message , both DJ and god have dance floors , although its a while since i have visited them