PDA

View Full Version : High Season?

frequentflier
November 8th, 2012, 03:01
With the first week of november over,is there a visible increase in tourist numbers?
I have noticed that Planet Romeo is as busy as usual.

Up2U
November 8th, 2012, 15:23
Here in Pattaya there are definitely more tourists. Especially more Russians. The beach is more crowded but I can not speak about the gay bar scene.

markie1
November 8th, 2012, 15:41
Having just returned to the Uk from a 3 week trip to Pataya ,i thought there was a increase in people especially at Jomtien beech on my last week there ,there seemed a lot more people in the chairs than the first two weeks.
Most days the police were down trying to catch the venders selling things ,i just can not understand why they would want to take away the goods of a ice cream sellerand fine them,same goes with the food ,fruit and fish ,i can understand wanting to get rid of the other venders selling cloths and nicks and nacks ,and vids , but a ice cream seller ,why ,people want to eat a cream in the hot weather,they also want to eat fruit or fish .
The police also game down a couple of times saying the fines were increasing to 700 baht a time i believe if caught selling these items.

November 8th, 2012, 15:42
..Here in Pattaya there are definitely more tourists. Especially more Russians...

Since it is currently 0-2C in Moscow and 34-35C in Pattaya, I can hazard a guess as to why the Russians are starting to arrive!

:hello2:

Up2U
November 8th, 2012, 17:13
Seems like they never left. There are 5 Russian tv channels on my cable. Actually those young gay ones are a welcome addition to the beach scene, sure beats the old farang wear a thong.

Manforallseasons
November 8th, 2012, 22:31
It's a sorry state when we begin to judge "high season" by the amount of straight Russian tourists here.

Magnum
November 9th, 2012, 10:46
I travel to Thailand since 2007 and I never saw Hotmale and Classic Boys in BKK such packed. Most customers are Asians (Korea, Thais trip home). On the other hand some bars seem to be dead. I was the first time in Pattaya and it was more than great. Much more fun than in BKK, the boys are lovely. Not as many people as BKK but enough to enjoy with others.

pong
November 9th, 2012, 13:06
here in BKK big city its nearly overcrowded. Compared to last year-when the floods threat and town was near empty. Many more Spanish, Russky, South-Europe and those funny mainland Chinese etc- thats all om the streets. TYraffic also much worse.

November 9th, 2012, 23:07
Let me get that straight - BKK is nearly overcrowded compared to when it was nearly empty?

:sign5:

Dani69
November 18th, 2012, 20:32
Just returned after a month in Thailand spent between Chiang rai, Chiang Mai and Pattaya.
Sunee plaza in my opinion is dying slowly...very quiet.
Boyztown a bit busier but not like it was before.
Much nicier time in my other Locations but had a thai friend with me so didn┬┤t check out the bar/club scenes there.

latintopxxx
November 19th, 2012, 00:41
yes...sadly sunee seems to be dying...wish this was not true....