PDA

View Full Version : Babylon Sauna

thrillbill
November 6th, 2012, 17:38
It seems Babylon Sauna BKK is losing its "touch". The last couple times they have had some kind of performance, there is no spot light, so the dancers/lip sync singers are all in the "dark" --seems strange. This past week Babylon had "free drinks" before their foam party but it was just soft drinks (the spiked punch didn't seem to be spiked). I remember few years ago, free beer would flow and they "owned" a spot light for their performances. Do they have a new manager?
:kap: (Ok, ready for the sarcastic comments.)

yaraboy
November 7th, 2012, 02:37
After an absence of 5 years I am about to return to Babylon..........your comments seem a bit irrelevant
What about other maybe positive changes ? Is the gym food massages etc still acceptable. How about the falang Asian ratio?

joe552
November 7th, 2012, 04:33
how can you say the OPs comments are irrelevant when you haven't been to Babylon for 5 years? :dontknow:

yaraboy
November 7th, 2012, 09:32
Because his complaints are petty............bit like you

November 7th, 2012, 15:31
Having never been to a sauna anywhere in the world since 1978 (bad experience) - I was surprised to read the OP's description above.

Seriously, they have a show in this sauna? All this talk of spotlights and lip-synching?

I had imagined just elderly, corpulent, sweaty farangs with their man-tits (and more) hanging out - and if I wanted to see that, I'd just sit nude in front of a mirror :evil4:

:dontknow:

joe552
November 7th, 2012, 17:13
SG, you think guys go to the saunas just for sex? No, it's the fabulous shows and talented entertainers that attracts them. Times certainly have changed since you last visited a sauna (and I admit, for me too - haven't been for 20 years). :party

Which begs the question, why haven't we had a review of the entertainment in the various saunas? :dontknow:

November 7th, 2012, 17:32
Ah Joe - - sorry no you were right the first time - guys go to saunas for sex ! - the "shows" if you could call them that are simply an add on to get you over the door - I think I can fairly safely state that "in general" people go to saunas for the sex not the cabaret, to be fair I might go if the foam party is on in Babylon but that's mainly as it's jam packed with 20 something hot Thai guys all dancing, wearing next to nothing and covered in foam :-)) And as the other poster stated even when then have "shows" on it's not exactly Alcatraz - but to be fair no one expects it to be either, it's a fun interlude in your evening, where you might sit in the bar area, have a drink, have a chat, meet a few boys ( or chat with faring), recharge your batteries and then afterwards get stuck in for round two or three or four he he of what you REALLY bothered going to Babylon for - or maybe that's just me - but I doubt it.

And SG seriously if you haven't been you should go - I do recognise the description you gave as many saunas are of course exactly like that still - but the bigger / smarter/ classier ones certainly are changing and are more aimed at being more like a gentleman's ( and I use that word loosely) relaxation clubs, complete with spa's, hot tubs, steam rooms etc etc ( without or without sex fun depending on the place) but also with the added fun of the cabins, darkrooms, video rooms etc etc if that's your thing and whilst babylon claims to be the biggest and best sauna in the world it's SO not - but it's still good and has a nice gym ( which to be fair some people may go to rather than for the sex) and a nice restaurant I think? ( not that I've ever tried it) plus a swimming pool, weights room etc - and yes the sexy part too of course, but many other saunas in Europe have upped their game dramatically too and I know I was in one in Germany recently and it was like going into ancient rome with big swimming / splash pools and a full large "irish" bar ( strangely!) plus loads of other relaxing / sexy things to do, so if you haven't been I suggest you go as they HAVE changed somewhat since your last visit I'm guessing - and the babylon foam party night is always a good starting place for your first trip back as they are generally good "fun" and have lots of young fit thai's - although strangely I find other "normal" nights better for the sexy stuff as there's less cute guys walking around strutting their stuff and on other nights the guys who are they are generally there for a good ( free) fun fuck IHMO :-)

November 7th, 2012, 17:40
Joe, you are a mine of information - I hadn't even considered going to a Sauna to see an upscale cabaret show featuring "fabulous shows and talented entertainers"!

So, do you happen to know which nights Maisie Trollette and Dolly John are on?

Please let me know also. I would like to make sure neither I nor my freinds appear on those nights!! :pukeright:

joe552
November 7th, 2012, 17:41
I think you probably mean Alcazar (that Tiffany type place) rather than Alcatraz (than prison type place in San Francisco). Nevertheless, it's still not my idea of fun, but to each his own.

November 7th, 2012, 17:42
NIrish just wanted to go to Alcatraz so he could try dropping the soap in the showers

:party

joe552
November 7th, 2012, 17:43
scotty, NIrish seems to be the expert, so I'll let him answer.

November 7th, 2012, 17:49
Ha ha yes I did of course mean Alcazar - mind you I have also been in those very showers in Alcatraz that you mentioned !!! But that's a whole other story for another day ! :-)

And by the way speaking of being GAY ( in the modern sense ) only you two poofs could talk about a gay sex sauna and end up talking about how the shows are and are there dancing girls with lots of lights and glitter and pink ponies everywhere etc etc ( I'm paraphrasing of course :) - it's a gay SEX sauna - if you want glitter and west end productions GO to Alcarzar and leave our SEX saunas alone damn you :-) !! God what am I going to with the pair of you, here we have "Her majesty the Queen" and then there's you two other Queens wanting no doubt to strip out the sex cabins and the dark rooms to make way for a bigger stage and more lights and LOTS more glitter !! :-) - god spare us, I just don't know anymore :-(((( lol

joe552
November 7th, 2012, 17:52
well we know scottish-guy is past his prime in the sex department, but I'm still young and virile (and have just booked my trip for next June) :party

I was never IN my prime in the sex dept - I was always rubbish at it :crybaby:

latintopxxx
November 8th, 2012, 02:16
wow...unbelievable...actual people living in Thailand and have never visited one of the 7th wonders of the world....Babylon sauna...one of the best gay sauna complexes in the world...pool..2 bars..2 resTaurants..hotel....private garden bungalows..a well equipped gym...large clean cruise area and "rest"cabins...and lotsa free sex...men of all shapes and sizes....whats there not to like....many a long weekend have I spent there...only venturing out at night to dine at telephone bar..and catch a show at best boys bkk......

November 8th, 2012, 02:38
Yes the best 2 saunas i've been to are Babylon and Thermos in Amsterdam

Liamog
November 8th, 2012, 02:57
I've never been to Babylon or any gay sauna anywhere. I would like to give it a try but am not sure what to expect or how to behave. I'm not really a shy person but do find the whole gay sauna idea a bit daunting. Any tips on gay sauna etiquette in Thailand?

November 8th, 2012, 03:45
Liam as I'd mentioned to Scots Babylon would be a good sauna to go for a first trip as its not perhaps what you are expecting, yes there's the sex element to one area of it if you chose to dander down that way but aside from that there's a nice relaxed bar area where you can just sit and relax and have a drink in your towel ( and likewise everyone else in their towels too by the way) and you can go into the steam rooms, jacuzzi etc and genuinely chill out or hit the gym etc so it's not all about sex- then ( and to answer your question I guess) just have a wander around the rest of the place, in the "sexy" part you'll see quite a few small cubicles with sliding lockable doors with like a light / dimmer switch and a padded raised seating / lying down area inside suitable for short time fun ( just I find I wish they would make then a bit bigger !) and a tissue dispenser on the wall ( which comes in handy as i find its so bloody warm in babylon the sweats dripping off me before i even THINK about the sex !

So then just have a wee dander about ( again all in your towel like everyone else so no worries there) and basically as you walk around ( and everyone else is doing the same - lots!) if and when you see someone you like just like just give them a wee smile, maybe some eye contact and with a subtle nod of the towards the cubicle if they're interested then hey oh in your both go, youll also see guys standing in front of the cubicle doors waiting for passers by to give them a smile as a) it means they've got a cubicle when they need it and b) it saves you getting knackered walking round and round in circles all night ( as can happen sometimes :-) And remember if you do go in somewhere to lock the door when you're both in ( unless you're a bit if an exhibitionist and then you won't have to I guess and you'll have a audience if that's your thing lol) and have fun at your own pace and I know you've said you're not shy so that's good but just remember basically everyone is there for exactly the same thing as you so you don't need to worry about beating about the bush to much and just go for it, and should someone who you don't wish to have fun with follows you a bit of runs your leg or something it's quite ok just to either walk on our ignore then ( rude I think personally) or just smile and say a polite no thanks.

Needless to say condoms should be a must always with no exceptions - especially in a sauna perhaps ! And when you pay in you'll be given two condoms and a sachet of lube, I inevitably lose mine within minutes of arrival from assing about wrapping my towel round me awkwardly but a wee tip is to fold the top edge of your towel over double, just about an inch and basically "wrap" the condoms and lube into the fold of the towel as that seems a safer bet for keeping them longer until you need them.

So that's it in a nut shell, there's no hard and fast rules and sure absolutely your first and second time if feels a bit strange / risqu├й etc but after a while you won't even think twice and will just relax into having lots of good dirty fun and meeting and chatting with some nice guys I bet, hope this helped, have fun :-)

* oh I should just add just for clarity that not all saunas are as nice, clean, relaxed as the likes of Babylon and may not have the same facilities and whereas most have some form of steam room and cubicles etc some ( in the centre of Bkk perhaps ) ARE just intended as more or less basic sex joints - but the same basic "smile and a nods and wink" system is the same worldwide I find.

Liamog
November 8th, 2012, 04:29
Well explained NIrish. Thanks. Think I'll have to have a look next time I'm in BKK. :ow:

GWMinUS
November 8th, 2012, 08:18
Looked on the Babylon web site for a Foam Party in early February??
But no Events are listed.
Anyone know the schedule??
My friend from the Philippines is SHY but I think this is a event he would remember for years!!!
Thanks!!
George
Who needs TWO towels...
:hello2:

cameroncat
November 8th, 2012, 11:38
I have visited some nice saunas in Europe, but many, like the one is Zurich, allow (actually approve) prostitutes in the facility who expect payment. IF I want prostitutes for pay, I will just go to a massage place. As to whether or not is just a bunch of fat, sweaty old farangs, it really depends on when you go. If you go during the day mon-fri, it's mostly farangs. Any asians present tend to be visiting from other asian countries. The Thai boys show up after work or on the weekends.
It's still a bargain. Dirty, dark, small saunas in the US charge four times as much.

pong
November 9th, 2012, 13:19
hello again to all- was unable to log into this site for some time.
1. I guess NIRish might have seen an off-topic of me for rental masajistas in 2 Spansih sauna's- partly to honour latintop, who hails from 1 of those towns. in THOSE sauna's you do not go for meeting up, but for the services of those masseurs. You would not want to meet up with the patrons there either, I guess.Prices are posted and are 30/45 eur for 30/60 mins. In BRasil this system is the main outlet to have paid gay sex-their equiv. of our thai gogo etc.
2.Babylon-last reports from real visitors indicate it has more whiteys in as Asians/Thai. It has never labelled ITself as the best in this world-that was from listings/guidebooks. It has clear shields telling that s.x for money is prohibited.
3.Other sauna's in Silom area are Saunamania, Menfactory, Heaven and M10. SM seems favoured among visiting Chinese-can be extremely crowded when they go on holiday breaks.
4.BKK has about 40+ of such sauna's, spread all over town. Some are notorious for naughty activities, mainly Farose2, Cruising1, Muffill. V-Club is notorious for its beautiful models parading there. Find all adresses on the gayscout listing site-has maps too, mostly accurate, Naughty actvts are mostly late eve/in the night-at weekends. Sauna's are mainly busy just after work-and dry out by 21/22.00. Entry (bbln is easily the most expensive) is mostly 120/200 bt and may include free food, drinks or even other shows. Some sauna's are often named as ''sticky rice'' or so-that means its Asean for Asean-but IMHO thats mainly like a lotteree. Suburban sauna's however may indeed often have pretty stable small groups pf patrons who come very often and know one another.

November 9th, 2012, 15:57
I guess NIRish might have seen an off-topic of me for rental masajistas in 2 Spansih sauna's- partly to honour latintop......

You guess wrong.

November 9th, 2012, 16:08
I guess NIRish might have seen an off-topic of me for rental masajistas in 2 Spansih sauna's- partly to honour latintop......

You guess wrong.

It has never labelled ITself as the best in this world-that was from listings/guidebooks.

Whilst the quote listed below was made by a magazine and not Babylon's owners I think the fact that they then repeat that same quote on their own website and have used several variations of these worlds on many adverts over the years IS proof enough and evidence that they DO want to also deliver and repeat that same marketing message to us all - no?

"Lauded by the TimeOut City Guide to Bangkok as the тАЬmost beautiful sauna in the worldтАЭ,

By the way just on that has anyone visited Babylon's new website of late - WOW I thought it was a 6 star hotel's site I'd visited by mistake, very classy - I just hope that the new wave of visitors they may get DO realise it IS a gay sauna otherwise they may well get a whole different type of relaxation in the steam rooms that they were expecting ! lol link below......

http://www.babylonbangkok.com/en/5-senses

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2012, 17:00
very rarely do fat old Europeans out number Asians at babylon.....maybe only for an hour or two in the early afternoon soon soon after opening...but by mid to late afternoon Asians dominate the numbers....and on the weekend its even better....