PDA

View Full Version : Police Raid Chair Vendors at The Beach

Neal
November 5th, 2012, 10:42
Just recieved a phone call that the police are currently raiding chair vendors on the beach and taking away excess umbrellas, chairs and writing tickets. While I have NO confirmation yet, my guess would be that the police are retalliating for the sand that appeared on the cobblesstone walkway in order to make the chair sections bigger.
I don't know that for a fact and I have several people down there now that are calling in reports to me and will let you know later in the day.

Rene
November 5th, 2012, 12:12
Finally! Those chair vendors act as if they own the beach. I'm glad to see the police take action on this criminal activity. Lock them up and throw the key away! This is an excellent first step to help clean up Pattaya.

Neal
November 5th, 2012, 13:01
My contacts report that the spot next to toilrts (yellow chairs) had about 20 umbrellas and 20 chairs taken, orange had a little less and blue even fewer. He reports that as usual they will get them all back after they pay a fine and that the area between the back row and the main street road is a distance. Personally I would love to see them put all that sand back and make them open up that brick pathway again but who knows what their motives were. Maybe it was the pathway or maybe it was because they were encroaching with too many chairs and umbrellas. I am sure more people will report what they saw as they return from the beach today.

Up2U
November 5th, 2012, 15:43
For the last 2 days (before today) the police were going up and down beach with loudspeakers announcing they would be doing inspections about complying with the law and ordinances with onset of high season. Most vendors heeded the instructions and made sure they were within their boundaries with the authorized numbers of chairs and umbrellas. Obviously, some did not and were fined and umbrellas and chairs confiscated. I must say the areas around the Rainbow now look pristine. Naa (the owner) removed all the potted plants he had purchased 3 or 4 days ago. In my opinion the police action had nothing to do with retaliation for covering the walkway with sand although it would not surprise me if the vendors are forced to restore the path.

pennyboy
November 5th, 2012, 18:58
The only police activity I saw today was at the bay to the north of the Gaybeach well away from where the paths were sanded in. At the time I did not know what they were doing with long tapes but the above posts make it all clear.

November 5th, 2012, 20:06
The Watergate revelations had nothing on this - I can't wait for the next instalment of ChairGate - it's every bit as exciting as SignGate on another thread.

:party

Koh Samui Luv
November 5th, 2012, 21:32
The Watergate revelations had nothing on this - I can't wait for the next instalment of ChairGate - it's every bit as exciting as SignGate on another thread.

But its your comments which are by far the most boring thing on this forum.

[Thank you for your comment, it is very much appreciated.
The information you require is Control Panel > Friends & Foes > Manage Foes > Add New Foes > Submit ]

Up2U
November 5th, 2012, 21:42
The only police activity I saw today was at the bay to the north of the Gaybeach well away from where the paths were sanded in. At the time I did not know what they were doing with long tapes but the above posts make it all clear.
About 20-25 assembled at the parking lot, they moved south to north in teams around 0900 hours. It didn't take them long and most customers were unaware of what was happening.

Up2U
November 5th, 2012, 21:46

:party

You sure know how to score points with your boss.

November 5th, 2012, 22:29
All that was discussed with my "Boss" was $100,000 and 4 weeks paid holiday a year, 5 free offs a week & all I can drink at HP.
Giving up having an opinion was not a contractual obligation.

The OP was interesting and informative enough.
It's the fact that other posters felt that they had to give us even more on this subject, that amused me.

:hello2:

Neal
November 6th, 2012, 03:18
Well I found the most interesting from Pennyboy.

Up2U
November 6th, 2012, 07:37
I didn't realize the OP had issued a press release that didn't deserve comments. It sounded like was a hot breaking major news story as it was written in the present tense with words like "no confirmation", "my guess", "don't know for a fact". Next time I will just zip it.
It doesn't take much to amuse you; I am more amused with your $100k salary with all the perks!

ChrisUK
November 6th, 2012, 15:34
Oh dear, and there was I in my innocence thinking with Western logic that the sand had been used to raise the level to make it easier for disabled customers to access the beach chairs. On reflection, I imagine disabled people would prefer the original path re-instated.

For me, interest in the beach was curtailed at about 2.30pm today (Tuesday) when lightening and heavy rain drenched us all. It was nice to see the waiters scurrying about topless and wet trying to protect equipment and handing out the occasional brolly to favoured customers like the odd female who generously display their tits to the straight waiters in the gay areas.

The chubby guy who took a brolly while wading into the water would have provided a nice distraction if he had been hit by lightning.

I thought this was the dry season???

November 6th, 2012, 20:55
I've never heard of a "dry" season - the only two seasons I've ever heard of are "hot" and "rainy"

Not nit-picking, just tellin ya.

christianpfc
November 6th, 2012, 22:13
More precisely, there are three seasons: hot, cold and rainy. But scotty is right, no dry season. (The "hot" and "cold" has to be seen in context, the Thai "cold season" would qualify as summer in Germany.)

Neal
November 10th, 2012, 23:22
So the answer on the chairs is that with the permission from the city to run one of these sections you are to have a certain amount of chairs and umbrellas.
I am getting bad at recalling some recent details and not to whine but I seriously think it is from the stroke. I believe the amount she told me on the chairs was 80(?) and I forget how many umbrellas. Maybe it was 100 chairs and 80 umbrellas? Also she told me that a few more this way or that way is not a big problem, just a fine but that some areas were going too far overboard and putting out too many chairs and umbrellas. Also was told that a certain amount of umbrellas need to be replaced each year so that the areas don't look shabby and unmaintained and that the city does inspections one time a year to enforce this and this was absolutely nothing new. She did not tell me anything about the walkway. So there you have it for those who care.