PDA

View Full Version : BANGKOK Ramblings (For Senior Readers with Nothing Better t

October 30th, 2012, 16:34
BANGKOK Ramblings (For Senior Readers with Nothing Better to Do)

22 OctтАЩ12 : Check-in at SIAM HERITAGE HOTEL on Surivongse. If you donтАЩt reserve a room for two adults you may get hit with a 900 Baht surcharge each time you bring in a тАЬguest visitorтАЭ (I guess this hotel considers the term тАЬjoinerтАЭ to be too low class). BTW, joiner fee at the Montien is 1,500 Baht !

Siam Heritage breakfast is OK, eggs cooked to order. On the days I made it to breakfast, most people were part of ASEAN tour groups. Being assailed by loudly communicated tonal dialects as I start my dayтАжтАж ItтАЩs so jarring. Yet I used to feel the same way when I heard Tagalog spoken in Vietnam, till I went to the Philippines and was immersed in it.

SOI TWILIGHT /PRATUCHAI /BOY SOI. Around 3pm, had a Coke at DickтАЩs Caf├й to check out the boys at BONNY Massage. Not impressed. While looking around the soi, I saw a few guys at X-BOYS Massage soliciting customers (business is open 1pm till midnight). One boy smiled at me and made appropriate hand signals; I nodded, and he came running over with the price list. 500 Baht/hour for тАЬbig roomтАЭ (= king size bed, a/c, private shower). He was a VERY cute Cambodian guy, 24yrs-old-but-looks-18, so I paid the bill at DickтАЩs and followed the boy up 2 flights of dangerously uneven stairs at X-BOYS. Massage skills were basic; he asked for a reasonable amount for тАЬsex massageтАЭ. Looking forward to meeting him again, maybe an outcall at my hotel which has both an elevator AND a hot water shower. How lucky I am! lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23 October: HE Massage: a new place, next to Indra Massage, and opposite Tawan Bar. Couple of good looking guys out front of HE. Business recently opened. English spoken only minimally. Clean, small massage rooms with narrow table and with shower. The boy that I was assigned was perhaps the only massage тАЬtherapistтАЭ in Thailand who had not been instructed in happy endings. I should have guessed that when he did not remove his clothes. After nearly an hour of ordinary massage, I tried to put his hand where I wanted it, but he baulked, said Mai Rua (I donтАЩt know/I donтАЩt know how). So I left, advising the cashier that the boy did not know how to satisfy customers. Cashier said that one of the guys sitting out front was better. That knowledge would have been very helpful an hour earlier. Oil massage one hour for 400 Baht. I gave the kid 300 for his work. Would have been 1K if he had just performed a little more specialized service.

I guess I should have invited a GayRomeo guy to join me for a short-time tonight, but these days I somehow resent the need to let strangers enter my personal space, and I really lack the motivation to put up a brief pretense of bonding in order to help the boy feel at ease before going to bed with him. Younger readers will perhaps be mystified by this mood, but I suspect it afflicts many of us who are long in the tooth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 Oct: ItтАЩs 3pm. I could have gone out to try one of the massage places this afternoon, but I was in one of my more reclusive moods the whole day, so I decided to wait till this evening. My first ex-bf is coming for dinner. Not for sex. He has HIV and is no longer sexually active. I met him 14 yrs ago when he was very cute, a star at his bar, and when he thought he was immortal. Lots of partying, spending (my) money like it was limitless. Five years ago, working at a massage place, he was offed, got drunk, passed out and was topped bareback by the customer. He thinks thatтАЩs how he got HIV.

Today I saw a Pattaya guy on GayRomeo, had him last year. Delightful. But I couldnтАЩt deal with bringing him up to Bangkok for a couple of days. Getting started in the mornings is a challenge for me now and I donтАЩt speak enough Thai to communicate with him for more than a couple of hours. Aside from sex twice a day, I wouldnтАЩt know what to do with him. Hmmmm. Let me re-think that.

Ex-bf showed up at 6pm with MK duck for me and Som Tam with sticky rice for himself. He left around 7.30 to report to work as a waiter (not offable) at Soi Twilight. We reminisced, talked about his treatment for AIDS (doctorтАЩs letter clearly says AIDS, not just HIV). He regretted that the meds made him fatter and that his uncertain future made him refuse the attentions of prospective Thai boyfriends. At 36 years of age, heтАЩs now mature enough so I could get along with him quite well, even share a home with him, if I did not already have a partner waiting for my return to Vietnam. I still send ex-bf a little money every month to help with the cost of meds and incidentals. Even working two jobs it is not easy for him to make ends meet.

After he left the hotel, I went round the corner to check out HE massage again, hoping they might have a twink type that I had overlooked last night. No luck. I lingered at Indra massage next door for a bit, trying to decide if my urges would allow me to return to my room unsatisfied. A pleasant fellow, with barely passable looks, finally enticed me to have a massage (500 baht/hour oil massage, shower not in room). Indra is comprised of a warren of small rooms totaling one large fire hazard. There are only curtains at the doorways but IтАЩm beyond caring if someone accidentally intrudes while I am being serviced by a naked massage тАЬtherapistтАЭ. I think I was the only customer in the building. The massage boy, off the farm in Surin (and, he said, away from the blazing sun that was so unkind to his complexion), did know the meaning of prostate massage and happy ending.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25 Oct: Started the day with a trip to Silom Complex to pick up some things which are not readily available in Saigon. TOPS had everything I wanted, except walnuts.

Dinner with the ex-bf at the Montien. Their nightly buffet is ancient history, but what we ordered was good. He had their best seller, Kow Man Gai, and I had an October special, sausage and mash. After dinner, we killed some time by having a drink at DickтАЩs and I looked around trying to spy a friend for the evening. Then we went to the bar where ex-bf is a waiter several nights a week in addition to his day time job.

Once in the bar, we had to agree that as usual, we each had very different ideas about cuteness and the guys at his place did not fit my definition of тАЬcuteтАЭ. They were all nicely proportioned but several years above the age I prefer. Anyway, the idea of having my personal space at the hotel invaded by a bar boy did not appeal to me this evening, so I left and went to BONNY massage. That was an eye opener.

I had expected Bonny to be a dingy, sleazy enterprise but found it clean and bright. Only drawback was that the shower was located down the hall. Actually two showers, divided by an opaque glass partition, so if itтАЩs a busy night you will have another customer and his тАЬtherapistтАЭ splashing around just a couple of feet away from you. That would make me slightly uncomfortable.

My guy at BONNY was a delightful 20 yr old from Bangkok who had just started working at Bonny and I was his first customer, or so he said. Massage skills were rudimentary but when the appropriate time came he placed my hand on his rock hard equipment. If I were 20 years younger, IтАЩd have proposed to him, at least a civil union.

I do recommend the place. Ninety minute massage is 700, plus 700 minimum tip for boy.

Speaking of tips: ex-bf says that at his bar you need to put the tip directly into the hand of the waiter. If you put the tip in the bill holder or the folder, it goes to the owners and is not distributed to the staff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 26: A little souvenir shopping today тАУ earrings for a couple of young ladyboys who work at the Thai food stall of the new mall near my home in Saigon. They are sweetly, funnily innocent and a joy to encounter several times a week.

The rest of my day was spent on the internet or napping. If I were to act my age, I would not be meeting a new masseur every evening. But I find it convenient to reverse the numbers, so IтАЩm actually just 27.

Ex-bf and I had dinner at DickтАЩs. Each time I go to that soi, a hundred memories flood my tired brain. Can only remember the names of a few of the boys I met there during the past 14 years, but many, many of their faces are still engraved on my mind. By now most of them have retired to Issan, or work in factories or hair salons, or, sadly, have died of AIDS related illnesses.

After dinner, I ran across the love of my life, the boy from BONNY last night, with whom I wanted to spend the rest of my daysтАжтАжand he barely acknowledged me. Could it be that he considered me just an anonymous customer? Dagger to my heart. lol

Nicky mentioned a new place, CHAI Massage, next to Scorpion, near the end of Soi Twilight. Walked down there, but it seems to be just foot massage and there were no visible humans inside, though the lights were on. Their sign says they are open 24/7.

Walked back up the soi to BANGKOK Massage, found a nice guy. Bangkok Massage also has two showers separate from the rooms, and they are divided only by shower curtains. On leaving the establishment I stopped to light a cigarette and one of the boys sitting out front said, тАЬBob? Are you Bob?тАЭ I looked at him and immediately thought of Dorian Gray, or Khmer magic, or Botox. This guy is over 30 years old and looks younger than when I first met him more than 10 years ago. He wanted me to take him off for an hour so we could chat, but I was knackered (massage with extras every night this week) and begged off.

Came across this from Picture of Dorian Gray: тАЬExperience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.тАЭ CouldnтАЩt think of a more appropriate interpretation of my relations with Thai boys.

Soi Twilight was jam packed this Friday evening. Like the good old days. I honestly cannot think of any place IтАЩd rather be than among those hundreds of guys.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 27: Celibate today. Regaining my strength in preparation for tomorrow, my last night in Bangkok. Almost went out for pizza this evening, but wound up by choosing a few items from 7-11. I donтАЩt enjoy eating out if IтАЩm on my own.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 28: My last full day in Bangkok. Spent the time catching up on work. Ex-bf called and said he was too sick to come to my hotel this evening. He was up till 4am moving into & cleaning his new quarters. He overdid it and now feels very unwell.

A final massage at Soi Twilight tonight? Check out a go-go boy mentioned in a gay forum? Take a chance on a GayRomeo guy? Finally went to Maxis in Soi Twilight since itтАЩs directly opposite BANGKOK Massage, allowing me to evaluate the available massage boys sitting out front. After I finished my lemon juice, I walked across the soi and chose a light skinned boy who turned out to be from Burma (grandparents born in China). His technique included body on body and was quite тАЬinvigoratingтАЭ. Really a sweet kidтАжтАж.but I say that about all of them after we have had sex.

Tomorrow I leave Fantasyland and return to Reality in Vietnam. I really must find some way to make Realityland more pleasant. I am getting too old to fly off to neighboring countries for a happy ending every nightтАжтАжтАж. But it is fun. Cheers

a447
October 30th, 2012, 18:47
Great report. Thanks, Bob.

October 30th, 2012, 19:01
Well I'm sure it was great but as it said at the start "for senior readers" as I'm only 27 I just couldn't bring myself to make a start on it ! :-)

No, great report Bob and I SO get the can't be bothered going through the motions thing sometimes hence the massage route is by far the easiest / laziest way round that when having a lazy can't be bothered afternoon !

October 30th, 2012, 19:58
.. I'm only 27..

Well, I'm only 17 - but that's round the neck!

:party

October 30th, 2012, 21:44
I'm glad you youngsters were able to read through the whole report. :happy7: Just wait till you're actually 70+. That's a whole different view of life waiting for you. :crybaby:

newalaan
October 30th, 2012, 22:50
BANGKOK Ramblings (For Senior Readers with Nothing Better to Do) Superbly entertaining and informative read bob. Do miss those kind of posts here nowadays, although at times too cringingly close to a few home truths!

October 30th, 2012, 23:12
Writing the report actually made me aware of some home truths which I had pushed to the background for too long, but a reality check every now and then is advisable.

lexusgs
October 30th, 2012, 23:22
A great read Bob! Well done. :alc:

cdnmatt
October 31st, 2012, 01:39
Nice read, thanks for taking the time to write it!

newalaan
October 31st, 2012, 07:00
return to Reality in Vietnam
A post regarding some of the reality you have to put up with in Vietnam would be interesting Bob, I have yet to visit there.

BONNY massage. That was an eye opener. I had expected Bonny to be a dingy, sleazy enterprise but found it clean and bright. Only drawback was that the shower was located down the hall. Actually two showers, divided by an opaque glass partition, so if itтАЩs a busy night you will have another customer and his тАЬtherapistтАЭ splashing around just a couple of feet away from you. That would make me slightly uncomfortable.
I have used Bonny for years, massages are one of the few 'allowances' I am 'allowed' with bf's 'blessing'. Most who go there for the first time are surprised. I will also add that even if the guys outside have a tattoo or two and manly hairdo, many of these guys are very flexible when it comes to one-on-one. One lad from here a few years ago, (before i got hitched), exchanged numbers and frequently came to my Saphan Kwai hotel for massages and fun around the karaokes and bars there, a long-ish haired very cute boy with a manly exterior, but flexible bedside manners. Bonny's is consistantly good, it's always had a nice laid back atmosphere with polite staff. I like the rooms there even though small, and they are always locked with the key in posession of your masseur when you go shower. There is actually another shower not far from the big shared shower, which is much smaller, darker and more private than the shower you used bob. I just make for there rather than the other one.

Ex-bf showed up at 6pm with MK duck for me and Som Tam with sticky rice for himself
I take it you are talking MK restaurant chain duck? That is only one of two reasons I go to MK. The duck and the fact although considered a treat by many Thais I find not expensive for what you get, but mainly i find that it is a place my thai bf and friends relax and chatter away compared to when I used to take him to a more formal restaurant, which nowadays we don't bother with. They like the interaction of doing something while chatting like checking the boiled vegetables, fishing out this and that, apart from the Duck I like the asparagus tips there. But i've never asked or thought about....you can get duck takeaway from MK?

GWMinUS
October 31st, 2012, 07:23
Bob, very much enjoyed reading your post.
As you know, I will be returning to Thailand for the first time in 6 years.
Looking forward to the sounds and sites!!!

But this time bringing my Filipino BF. His first visit overseas.
So I think not many times for a sweet sexy massage.
Maybe to Babylon for an after noon. Just to open his Catholic eyes...

Enjoy Vietnam!!
George

PS At 71 and 72 soon, I am with you!!!

October 31st, 2012, 10:00
Newalaan: I guess most MK dishes are available for take away. Ex-bf brought the container of duck and a container of these green noodles. I removed the duck skin and he promptly transferred it to his plate.

I'm afraid a report on my life in Vietnam would just lament the fact that gay activities here are not accessible to me since I have been with my VN partner for 12 years. In general, gay life in Saigon requires much more circumspection, much more operating under the radar than in other places. Ten years ago gays or lesbians were still offically described as "social evils". Fortunately, that is changing, but very slowly.

George: Those Filipino Catholic eyes seem to be able to view things selectively. My bf in Manila is an enthusiastic member of his local Catholic community, Mass every week, etc. HeтАЩs also extremely enthusiastic in bed with me. I asked how he reconciled the two. He said, тАЬI just donтАЩt go to ConfessionтАЭ. Problem solved. Lol

bruce_nyc
October 31st, 2012, 16:44
He said, тАЬI just donтАЩt go to ConfessionтАЭ. Problem solved. Lol

LOL Me too! I do the same thing..... Problem solved.

Yes..... Every time we have taken our Thai boyfriend, with or without his family, to an "MK" chain restaurant ( in Central Festival Mall in Pattaya, in Bangkok, and even back "home" at the one in Nahkon Si Thammarat), they have appeared to consider it a MAJOR treat. Seemingly the Thai equivalent to taking us to Patsy's on 57th St. for a $500 dinner here in Manhattan. And yes, his Mama LOVES the duck.... And it's not expensive at all, in our opinion. Great food that everyone enjoys --- even us falang.... And.... ( Since we always order the Chinese or Korean (?) style "hot pot".... where they bring a big pot of boiling water and then plate after plate of meats, vegetables, seafood, etc. to put into the pot to cook. ) Our Thai boyfriend loves how he is sort of "in charge of cooking" the food..... and serves us too. He loves cooking and serving us food anyway. It's one way he expresses his love.

When I first took him and his Mama and Papa to MK in Nahkon Si Thammarat.... They had never been to such a restaurant before. ( His words ) They were so impressed...... Photos were SMS broadcast to all the brothers and sisters all over Thailand.

I later told him that when we go to Bangkok, I want to take your brothers and sisters to MK in Bangkok too. When we arrived at their home in Bangkok, the 8 year old was dancing around and jumping for joy.... as if this was the day we were all going to DISNEY LAND.... but all he kept saying with a huge smile on his face was, "MK MK MK!!!" :bounce:

We've gone there enough times now that..... whenever the wait staff begins singing the MK theme song as a group.... I join in.... and I can do all the proper hand motions with them too. The kids get a big kick out of the falang singing along with the MK theme song! :tongue3:

Oh, and now.... Our Thai boyfriend was given a frequent-customer card of some sort. So he now gets some points every time we go. I think it's good for a discount or something free... I'm not sure. But be sure to ask them for a frequent-customer card.

cameroncat
November 1st, 2012, 08:59
My budget could not handle all those trips to a Massage place! I sure can sympathize with the desire not to drag some strange boy back to your room, but wouldn't a trip to The Babylon provide as much sex at a fraction of the cost? or do some punters just not like to face the possibility of rejection?

fedssocr
November 1st, 2012, 10:06
I think I have been with the Cambodian boy at the Xboys massage place too. Very short, great smile, totally sweet? Despite the crazy stairs there I have had a good time there a couple of times.

I tend to prefer the massage places too. Prime Massage on Soi 6 provides a very good massage but not a good place to go if you want happy ending either. Altho one guy did try one time I was there. But I just wasn't really into it at the time.

November 1st, 2012, 10:49
Cameroncat: My budget for the week was of the usual тАЬshort-time millionaireтАЭ variety. I could not sustain that indefinitely. The Babylon? IтАЩll take your suggestion as a compliment. It has been decades since I would consider parading my towel draped carcass around a sauna. Stayed at Sansuk Sauna in Pattaya for a week and remained fully clothed and non-participatory. Brought Sunee boys back to my room.

Fedssocr: Yes, thatтАЩs the same Cambodian guy - Very short, great smile, totally sweet. For another non-Thai experience, you might want to consider meeting the Burmese (Myanmarese?) guy at Bangkok Massage (said his name was тАЬNotтАЭ). Also totally sweet.

Giessen
November 1st, 2012, 16:23
Bob

I really enjoyed your post and it made me smile. Your attitude to your personal space is much the same as mine. For some years, the joy of waking up next to last night's pleasure has lost its appeal. I like to have the bed (and the room) to myself. If the entertainment was good, I might invite him to return next day. That doesn't happen all that often as I've usually had business commitments during the day. I also rarely off the same boy two nights running. Variety is the spice of life and my Thai friends call me helicopter as they reckon I'm faster and more fickle than a butterfly.

I too enjoy taking my pleasure at massage places. No more having to avoid the wet spots when sleeping! My favourite massage place is Candle Paradise Spa (Rama 4 City Court, Rama 4 Road near the boxing stadium). One of the receptionists (can't recall his name) is a randy little guy and very honest about theabilities of the other masseaurs. The decor is of a very high standard and justifies the place being called a spa.

I tried the Tawan Massgae soon after it opened and was less than impressed. I was expecting the staff to be from the Tawan Bar. My luck was out when I visited. The masseurs may have worked at the bar but as waiters or doormen. The massage was of middling quality but the overall experience did not entice me back.

I know many find Senso expensive but I've had some great massages and ending there. It is a little daunting first time to find yourself a metre away from the massuers when you a trying to decide who'll be the dish of the day. On my last visit, my masseur gave a fabuluous and professional massgae and then insisted on being topped! Quite tired me out for the rest of the afternoon.

Bob, I hope you have many more visits to Bangkok. Once I passed 60, I decided that I had a diminishing amount of time to enjoy myself. While I mightn't have the same energy I had in the past, I have the money to do what I want, when I want and as often as I can manage it without pills and other aids. I no longer particularly care what others think and as I'm not seeking a life partner (or even a short term relatinship), I indulge myself without a guilty conscience.

November 1st, 2012, 17:44
...do some punters just not like to face the possibility of rejection?

You've hit the nail on the head - and not just about massage shops - why do you think many of us come to Thailand at all?

Oh, apart from the temples, the culture, the sweet-natured people, <insert more unconvincing touristy bullshit here>.

As a particulary rotund friend of mine said years ago "Why would I spend a small fortune on a night out in a gay bar in my home town to have boys telling me to "fuck off you fat old cunt" - when I can come here, pay a little money, and at least gain the impression or illusion that they enjoy being with me." :dontknow: :dontknow:

anonone
November 2nd, 2012, 13:04
Bob.

Just wanted to add my thanks for taking the time to put together a great post. Very nice to hear about Bangkok and your experiences there. You have a very entertaining writing style....well done.

bruce_nyc
November 2nd, 2012, 14:49
Ditto. By the way. I really enjoy your writing style, Bob.

Too bad you can't just live in FantasyLand, eh?

I don't mind sharing my personal space with someone I'm going to have sex with. However, if you already have a bf ( or two ) with you.... the massage shops are a perfect way to satisfy the need for even more diversion. It's so tidy. No muss, no fuss. When you're finished you're on your way.

In my case, we have no secrets, so I brought both of my bf's with me
... and we all three had fun.... as just another activity between lunch and shopping and dinner, etc. :-)

November 2nd, 2012, 17:31
In my case, we have no secrets, so I brought both of my bf's with me

Ha ha Hey Bruce I'm beginning to think that just like our friend Latin you're actually just taking great pleasure in making others suffer in actually rubbing in the that fact that not only have you one BF but you've actually TWO !! lol I mean just what are you thinking :-) So what is it so are you just like Latin then and are taking some sick pleasure in rubbing your TWO BF's in to us whilst us poor mortals have to sit here at home stuck in the UK making do with crackly Thai porn from a rip off DVD from the beach plus a future dated airline ticket and a lot of wishful thinking ( or is that just me !!) - Shame on you you sick man !! lol :-)

latintopxxx
November 2nd, 2012, 19:23
...actually we're one and the same.....

bruce_nyc
November 2nd, 2012, 20:50
:sign5: You guys crack me up!

I think everyone should have two! If anyone's open to a relationship, don't limit yourself to the available single guys.... think about joining a couple. :ink:

T wasn't sure about this idea of "3" at first, but knowing how important it was to me, he decided to stay open-minded about it... and he's happy he did... as those two became very passionate lovers very quickly.

I'm sorry if I mention it too much.

November 2nd, 2012, 22:12
To be fair Bruce Most Thai guys from that background aren't ususally busting about the whole 3 way thing either - as they know it means they have to share the pot of gold either now or later - but faced with the choice of do or don't and especially if they feel the money is no object and there's enough to go round then the answer is usually "yes ok, if you want we do" - for a while anyway......

bruce_nyc
November 3rd, 2012, 01:08
Ha ha.

If it's about money.... That might explain the common Thai boy "preference".. I've heard more than one say...

Two Falang, one Thai.... ok.

Two Thai, one Falang.... no good.

About money. three able-bodied men can earn more total income than one or two. And if they live together, there are many expenses they can split.

November 3rd, 2012, 04:13
I would LOVE to be a kept man by two Thai guys but I just don't see any of them offering of late, so I guess us farang will just have to keep on being the hard working main bread winners to ensure our Thai sweet hearts are kept in the manner to which they might become accustomed :-( ha good luck to us with that one eh as I'm not sure they've made trousers with pockets just that deep yet ! :-))