PDA

View Full Version : Menu card

markie1
October 29th, 2012, 08:54
Having popped in to copa last night I was very surprised to have been offered a drinks menue card ,this is a first in this bar ,never has one been offered one before,well it was no surprise at a quick glance at it ,that all prices have gone up yet again, from there little colourful menu you can order a beer for 200 or a glass of coke at 180 or even a cocktail for 300, I had to laugh last night my Thai friend looked at the menue and ordered what he thought was a orange juice ,that's what it looked like on the photo on the menu,it endeared up been a cocktail ,so for three drinks it cost 680 baht.High season is on its way and the bars have put up there prices for them,
Having been in this bar a few times in the last couple weeks ,and boys boys across the street ,on more than one occasion,I have been astonished at the lack of customers,I have never seen these bars so dead in 10 years of coming to thailan

blazer
October 29th, 2012, 09:26
It is surprising that they have raised drink prices that fast. But if the show is good, will attract customers and be well worth it. I remember Copa raising to 140 baht from 120 baht not too long ago.

I think the rising air prices and poor economy in many areas are keeping people away. Some of these places are having a tough time filling rooms even in high season. I see Copa, Ambiance, and Ganymede are advertising on Agoda and having a tough time filling their rooms over the holidays. Plenty of good rooms available now at reasonable prices.

Anyone planing a trip now has a large range of choices.

At any rate, it will not deter me. Will be arriving in a few weeks and will stay for 3 weeks.

bruce_nyc
October 29th, 2012, 09:36
@markie1 Have you always come at about the same time of year? Like late October each time?

UncleTom
October 29th, 2012, 11:24
I see Copa, Ambiance, and Ganymede are advertising on Agoda and having a tough time filling their rooms over the holidays. Plenty of good rooms available now at reasonable prices.

Just tried booking rooms for the holidays at these 3 hotels with Agoda (Yes DaBoss I used the link), but none of them have rooms available.

December 24, 2012 - December 28, 2013 | 4 nights
Sorry, there are no available rooms at the Ambiance Pattaya Hotel for your chosen dates
Sorry, there are no available rooms at the Copa Hotel for your chosen dates.
Sorry, there are no available rooms at the Ganymede- Resort & Spa for your chosen dates

December 30, 2012 - January 03, 2013 | 4 nights
Sorry, there are no available rooms at the Ambiance Pattaya Hotel for your chosen dates
Sorry, there are no available rooms at the Copa Hotel for your chosen dates
Sorry, there are no available rooms at the Ganymede- Resort & Spa for your chosen dates

Neal
October 29th, 2012, 12:56
Thanks very much Uncle Tom for trying to use our link. Now people always remember that if the Agoda rates/rooms are filled up, that does not mean that the hotel is all booked. Usually these hotels have other rooms put aside (sorry to say) at a higher rate. CALL or EMAIL these hotels and also if they are full, get on a waiting list.
May I also say that if you have a friend here, get them to call or try for you AND I will be happy to assist anyone in getting a room for your holiday here in Pattaya. I say Pattaya because that is where I live. Maybe other people in other areas might volunteer the same? tell me dates and price range and what area and I will do my best.
:hello2:

October 29th, 2012, 14:39
If people know its going to be busy in peak times...i dont understand why people leave it late to book..i booked all my accomodation in july for dec /jan then you can get in anywhere no problem

markie1
October 29th, 2012, 16:04
@markie1 Have you always come at about the same time of year? Like late October each time?Yes we usually come in oct/now and again in march/April .
There is certainly a fair few people around on the beech at present ,but these people are certainly not spending there money in boyz town,most the go go bars I entered were pretty dead ,and yes it was on more than one occasion ,
I did enjoy boy bingo last week at the bosses. Bar ,it was a fun evening .

October 29th, 2012, 16:26
Indeed @ markie1.

I too, tend to visit in low season - simply because that's usually the best time for me to take time off work.
Almost every time I visit it's quieter than before - and that's obviously comparing like with like, as you are.

I have visited in High Season, and that's a different kettle of fish.
It's always busy, but what I think is happening there is that although it's very busy the high season is contracting and probably now only runs early December to mid-January. Say 10/15 years ago it might have been November to February.

There is little doubt the economic situation is the major factor. People are cutting back and big ticket items and holidays are among the first to go.

People in employment are worried about their jobs, people out of employment aren't able to to spend, and most retirees will have seen their pension pot significantly reduced and income from savings shrinking to almost zero.
When will that all end - who knows :dontknow: - they are spinning that the UK (for example) is out of recession but I don't see it, all I see is a summer of Olympics and the Royal Jubilee distorting the figures and producing apparent growth.
I wouldn't be surprised if we are in for a triple-dip recession (I think that might be a record!)

:crybaby:

Neal
October 29th, 2012, 16:45
Thank you Markie and the boys managed to listen to me at 6:30pm the night of Bingo and quickly throw it together. I think I have convinced them to let me help them two weeks prior next time so they can have much more than booze! Anyway they said that several of the customers were looking around and told them they really enjoyed when we all joked and carried on with the microphones and asked if I would come back on Bingo nights and I said I would. See ya next Bingo. :hello2:

a447
October 29th, 2012, 19:14
Uncle Tom, I booked a room at the Ambiance last week for new year and was told I got the last room. SORRY. I intended to wait a bit longer but am now glad, I didn't.
You may get a cancellation so don't give up hope. BTW I always contact the hotel directly.