PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 09.09.2012-13.09.2012 Bangkok

christianpfc
October 29th, 2012, 00:29
Trip report 09.09.2012-13.09.2012 Bangkok

09.09.2012 Sunday Bangkok

From touching ground at Suvarnabhumi until sitting in a taxi (at 4th level departures) in 50 minutes (18:05 тАУ 18:55). This time I remembered to check out the 3 passport control areas. So far (always coming from E F G side), I always went to the first and was not aware there are more. There was some queue at immigration 1, so I continued past immigration 2 (for visa on arrival) to immigration 3 with considerably fewer people. After passing immigration, I had to walk all the way back to get my luggage, no queues left at immigration 1 (but good to know there is a choice!). The luggage caroussels can get pretty full!

Taxi to Penguin House Sathorn. From agoda, I printed out 722 Baht per night, but the walk-in rate is 800! Bad surprise at the very beginning of my holiday! The receptionist (whom I remember from my last visit) offered a discount of 750 Baht per night which I accepted (Update: the walk-in rate is including all charges and taxes, whereas agoda adds 10% service charge and 7% VAT at the end, which makes the walk-in cheaper). Check in, shop some toiletries, taxi to Surawong. Stroll through Silom, finally to Soi Twilight.

Enter New Classic Boys. A doorman from a girl bar in Patpong whom I have been lusting after for over a year (and had one or two chats, but we didnтАЩt get to a deal) is now working there, face as cute as ever, however a bit too hunk for my taste, now that I see him shirtless. So I off another boy who has been smiling at me for a while and has no fault apart from a horrible tattoo on his abdomen, but itтАЩs at the right place to cover a crab ladder. Back to my hotel, where I will find out that I made a good choice!

10.09.2012 Monday Bangkok

Breakfast together, then sightseeing. Due to time (early afternoon), the choice is limited. I have been to the Golden Mount 2 years ago, he has never been there, so we take bus 47. As before, good view over Bangkok:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4808.jpg

After that, continue to Wat Intharawihan.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4812.jpg

Unfortunately, the door to the stairs to climb up behind the Buddha was locked.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4813.jpg

Back to my hotel. I give him 2000 Baht for long time. I thought I was generous, but he asks for 100 more for taxi, which I give him. This is my most expensive off (in bar: 250+270+400+20, tip 2100, total 3040!), but one of the best as well, worth every Baht. Very good English and he managed to entertain me the whole time (which is not easy: talk the right amount and the right stuff). I hope to see him again. Only one complaint: he likes hard nipple play and did so on me. I should have said тАЮstopтАЬ, but I didnтАЩt, so I had to live with irritations on my nipples (from chafing shirt or water jet during shower) for two days.

Back to Silom, (new) Super A bar (now on ground lever, previous тАЮThai boy massageтАЬ). Nobody to my taste. Tiredness from the flight kicks in, so I leave and return to my hotel. For reference I stop the time: walking from DJ-station 23:41 through Soi Convent and Soi Ngaamduplii to Malaysia 00:20. Sleep alone.

11.09.2012 Tuesday Bangkok

Meet a Farang friend at his office and a Thai friend who works for him. From the office, you have a nice view to the Robot Building (South Sathorn).

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4817.jpg

Then river boat to Royal Palace area for a trip to Wat Ratchabopit and the Royal Cemetary (I noticed these on previous night-time visits to Saranrom).

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4820.jpg

There are mausoleums in various Asian and European architectural styles.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4821.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4822.jpg

I ponder how to get back to Sathorn and decide for taxi. Mistake! The worst traffic jam I ever experinced in Bangkok. The driver suggests to go via Thonburi as the direct way would take 3 h. It still took 2 h, out of which 1 h driving less than 6 km/h, 40 km, and 360 Baht! My mistake, I could have walked in the same time.

At night to Silom and Surawong. X-Boys (my favorite bar there). There is one boy I donтАЩt remember from before, great body, no tattoos, cute face, but totally indifferent to everything that happens in the bar. I try to catch his look and get him to smile back, in vain. But I see he does not look or smile at anyone in the audience, so it is not me. Not a good start, but I invite him for a drink and he warms up, so I off him. Good English, he likes girls. Back in my hotel room, great service, not shy, trimmed pubes (I donтАЩt like a forest or a crab ladder). I tip him 1000 Baht for short time, he asks for 500 more which I give him. Worth every baht, hope to see him again.

12.09.2012 Wednesday Bangkok

Go to a job interview in Bangkok, which runs positive (I might start working in Bangkok later this year, I will update my post about looking for work in Thailand once everything is clear). In the afternoon, I go to Wat Hua Lampong. They have live cows and you can buy food to feed them.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4832.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/Bangkok%2009sep2012/DSCN4834.jpg

Later stroll along Silom and get a foot massage (this allows me to have a chat with the masseur to discuss future massages and to see who else is working at the massage shop). At night to Saranrom park. Plenty of boys, but none is my type.

Take taxi back to Silom. A few hundred meters before my destination, we get into a police check point. I forgot to put on my safety belt! More precisely: when travelling alone, I usually sit on the front seat and donтАЩt put on the safety belt. The policeman is talking angrily to the driver, finally I am asked to pay 500 Baht, no receipt is issued.

Lesson learned: always put on the safety belt (but in the back seat, taxis often have no safety belt!), which I do in Europe all the time. This shows: people do strange things in Thailand, things they would never do in their home country. But donтАЩt worry, this does not apply to safe sex, I always and everywhere use a condom for penetrative sex, I even use a new condom every time!

Go to DJ station, leave alone.

13.09.2012 Thursday Bangkok

One of these dreaded days: I am alone and due to staying up late the previous night, I get up at noon, so itтАЩs too late to go on a daytrip and there are no important sights to see within reach. With a Thai friend you could spend the day in bed or study Thai or have a nice lunch, but alone I donтАЩt know what to do. I decide to walk to Lumpini Park and have a stroll there. On my way I walk past VincentтАЩs (Soi Ngaamduplii) where a Farang is calling out to me: тАЮChristian? Are you Christian?тАЬ I confirm and ask who he is and if we know each other. He has been reading my reports on the boards and the way I walk and how I look matches the picture he made of me from my writing style. (No joke!) This saves my day. We have a long chat at VincentтАЩs and later dinner (pizza at Mama Dolores Soi Yen Akat, recommended). After dinner, we part and I wait in an internet shop for a friend B who works in Bangkok (11am to 10pm). Previous meetings have shown that B is reliable (else I would not wait an entire evening/night for him), and here again B arrives at the agreed time, around 11pm. B stays overnight for sightseeing the following day (Friday, his day off).

To be continued.

latintopxxx
October 29th, 2012, 21:53
thanks for telling everyone about the 2nd..3rd immigration halls...now some Chinese tour guide will pick up on it and my quick entry point will be blocked by a gazzillion Chinese tourists...show off!!!

bruce_nyc
October 29th, 2012, 23:07
Well, we should all know..... Of course.... The entire world revolves around YOU, Latin....

newalaan
October 30th, 2012, 00:27
To be continued. Look forward to it. It's great to get altenative reviews (esp with phots) on places most are unlikey to experience. What i enjoy about christianpfc's text is certain descriptions/statements he makes would be considered ironic or sarcastic to Brits, but the joy with him is the fact he is quite serious.

October 30th, 2012, 02:02
Ah but I think the game is up there for Christian as I too often found his "innocent" ironic comments hilarious, especially even more so as I was thinking he didn't "get it" BUT !! the cat's out of the bag, I'm on to you Christian as your comment in your trip report about "and you even used a fresh condom"etc was a bridge too far and shows that you actually have a wicked sense on humour !! ( which lets face it for Germans is a rare thing indeed ! ) so whilst I will still always enjoy your reports etc, the next time I read some gem that makes me smile I'll now always sit back and think "that bugger knows fine rightly that that's hilarous!" - either way I'll guess I'll still get a good laugh so keep up the good work and all that - but just know I'M ON TO YOU Christian and I now KNOW that you're offically a funny man with a strange sense of humour ........or the exact reverse, I never can quite make up my mind about that perhaps - but that's half the fun of your posts !! :-)