PDA

View Full Version : Gay Beijing?

joe552
October 25th, 2012, 02:34
My nephew's just back from China and his experience re-awakened an idea of going to Beijing. Do any of you have experience of gay Beijing or tips in general for travel there? I'm surprised that flights are considerably cheaper than to BKK? Any information would be appreciated.

pong
October 25th, 2012, 11:18
re flights; Obviously that very much depends on from where. Its only halfway between USA and TH/SEA.
From EURope: in WINTER-most certainly not at all th best time to go there, airfares can indeed be amazingly cheap-then its low season- for PEK and high for BKK. Winter starts around 1/11 and can get suddenly-the winds turn north from Siberia-freeze the whole town with bone chilling winds. Very good HTLdeals too at that time.

joe552
October 25th, 2012, 15:51
Thank pong - I was comparing flights for June next year - fares to Beijing were a couple of hundred Euro cheaper than to BKK for the same dates.

latintopxxx
November 8th, 2012, 02:20
China is NOT...I repeat NOT...Thailand....in any way or form....gay scene is not as friendly or open..but if you insist i would suggest skipping Beijing and do shanghai...start at Eddy's bar around 22h30..move across the road to Studio after midnight.....lots of talent...

joe552
November 8th, 2012, 16:39
Thanks for the replies - I've decided to spend my 2 weeks in Pattaya as usual - old habits die hard.

Khor tose
November 8th, 2012, 17:40
Thanks for the replies - I've decided to spend my 2 weeks in Pattaya as usual - old habits die hard.

Beijing, Imperial China, the forbidden city, different culture, different gay boys, 4500 years of history and you want to go to Pattaya!!

"No matter how old you get, if you can keep the desire to be creative, you're keeping the man-child alive."
John Cassavetes

Joe, I am not really judging, just surprised.

joe552
November 8th, 2012, 18:19
At the moment, I'm limited to the amount of time I have for holidays. I intend to save a trip to China for when I can spend perhaps a month there. So not cancelled, just postponed. It's definitely on my list of places to visit before I die.

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2012, 19:51
khartose...have you been to China???...if you want to see real Chinese culture you gptta pop over to Taiwan...nothing left in China..all bull dozed...dumbed down..paved over...sanitized...soulless people chasing fake western culture...all plastic + fake....anything local is looked down on...

Liamog
November 9th, 2012, 20:38
nothing left in China..all bull dozed...dumbed down..paved over...sanitized...soulless people chasing fake western culture...all plastic + fake....anything local is looked down on...

Seems to me this may be partially true for some major cities but could not be the case for the whole country?

joe552
November 9th, 2012, 22:36
Latintop's judgement seems a bit harsh to me, but wouldn't put me off visiting Beijing and a couple of other places. There's enough there to keep me happy for a few weeks.

Neal
November 10th, 2012, 03:32
A few years ago I visited Shanhai and schenzhen a few times and had a great time. The young men were the most handsome I had ever seen anywhere and very very innocent and helpful. If I could, I would gladly return. Also had some boys from Rentboy.com and was nagnificent!

Wim888
November 27th, 2012, 16:04
If you want some action in China, go to Shenzhen, across the border from Hong Kong.
Shenzhen has several interesting clubs. On weekends, 30-40 handsome, masculine guys would be available to off.
The guys are so attractive that you will have difficulty choosing.

Unfortunately, I do not know the names or addresses of the clubs. Colleagues from Hong Kong took me there a couple times last year when I was doing some consulting work in Hong Kong.

latintopxxx
November 28th, 2012, 00:31
they will cost you a lot more than in Thailand...even the big mango is dirt....dirt...cheap by comparison...