PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Lobsters In Pattaya!

Neal
October 24th, 2012, 09:56
I reported 2 weeks ago that there were imported Canadian lobsters here for buying and that they were in the frozen seafood sections at both Villa Market and Foodland. Here is the update....

Last week when I was in Villa Market they were about 900 baht per lobster and Foodland has them at about 400 baht per lobster, quite a difference in price I would say. :lol:
Now the great thing about these lobsters which are identical in taste to Maine Lobsters is that they are tender and small and already steam cooked! Because they are small, the shell is relatively easy to remove. My suggestions are as follows:

Take the meat from the tail, claws and arms and don't screw with whatever minute amount may be inside the body. Too much work! Anyway because they are already steamed all you have to do is let it thaw in your refrigerator or on the counter for a few hours then remove the shell the shell and just ever so slightly steam or nuke for like 1 1/2 minutes. You definitely do not want to over cook and they are cooked already.

Melt butter and enjoy home!

PS They have been restocking very regularly so I don't think we need to worry about supply. :ura1:
Actually Dumbo, Lobsters come from the sea and so they are known as Atlantic Lobsters, not Canadian Lobsters

Neal
October 29th, 2012, 13:10
Went by Villa Market and they had only about 3 or 4 of these overpriced babies left (not that I would buy them at that price) so went up to Foodland. Got 4 and they said that this was all they had. I have a few very good friends there and one woman is a buyer so I asked her to get hold of more. She assured me that they would contact Bangkok and the rest of the stores and get them on reorder.

That being said I saw a 24 pack of Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale at Villa Market. I had ordered a bunch or it about 6 years ago. I grabbed the 24 pack and reordered 300 cans which are due to arrive in 2 or 3 weeks. I hope that I have ordered enough not only to keep me stocked for a long time but to also supply any of my freinds and open their eyes and stock this and other diet drinks! we shall see and I will let you know. PS They have A & W Root beer and Cherry Coke if anyone is looking for some.

Neal
March 29th, 2013, 08:29
bump
still available! Foodland has been bringing them in regularly by the case for me o there ae plenty to have. Look in the frozen shellfish area at Foodtown and enjoy!

March 29th, 2013, 09:17
Do they sell crabs as well?

Neal
March 29th, 2013, 09:30
Since you are vicious most of the time, no one knows when you are serious or just being an ass so I won't answer.

lonelywombat
March 29th, 2013, 12:27
Brisbaneguy has a very similar writing style to BBB. His remarks seem to going lower as his latest name, did also

March 29th, 2013, 13:22
Since you are vicious most of the time, no one knows when you are serious or just being an ass so I won't answer.You are altogether too kind.