PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Sir Ian McKellen?

James Barnes
October 22nd, 2012, 19:05
I will be doing an interview with Sir Ian McKellen later tonight so if you have a question that you would like me to ask him, please post it here or at www.out-in-thailand.com/facebook (http://www.out-in-thailand.com/facebook)

The best will be asked and get a free OUT iT t-shirt

Warm wishes,

James.

October 23rd, 2012, 00:03
How about "Does he fancy taking me out for dinner and a few drinks when he's next back in the UK ?" :-) It's always worth a shot !! lol

Brad the Impala
October 23rd, 2012, 05:20
My question would be:

Why would you agree to be interviewed by James Barnes?

Marsilius
October 23rd, 2012, 19:56
Does he have any special knowledge of - or insight into - Thailand that the rest if us don't? Has he been to Thailand at all?

I'd be interested in what he had to say about acting - or working in films - but why should I care tuppence what he, as opposed to anyone else, thinks about Thailand?

October 23rd, 2012, 20:15
Marsilius you are being less than generous to Ian McKellern - he is far more than an distinguished actor - he is a co-founder of Stonewall and been fighting for gay rights for many, many years.

His personal influence (with others) on Tony Blair may well have helped strengthen the political will to have Section 28 repealed and the Age of Consent equalised - to name but 2 relatively recent advances in the UK.

I recall he signed "Fuck Off I'm Gay" when the homophobic Tory Home Secretary Michael Howard asked for an autograph and he caused a chat show on homophobic Singapore TV to be taken off the air when he asked the presenter if he knew of a good Gay bar nearby. :sign5:

I presume his gay rights activism is one of the reasons for the James Barnes interview, rather than asking him about whether he prefers Pattaya to Patong.

I suspect you know all of that and you're just being mischievous :evil4:

Neal
October 23rd, 2012, 20:35
Well it seems he only gave you a few hours to submit questions and the interview is already over. So....... Guess it would have been nice if had given people a few days or at least an entire day to ask your questions :dontknow:

James Barnes
October 24th, 2012, 09:25
Dear scottish-guy,

You are quite right, we did explore his views on gay rights generally and the fledgling movement here in Thailand.

DaBoss: Yes, sad that I could not give more time for suggestions but Sir Ian's management arranged the interview at the very last minute- I gave as much notice as I could.

Best wishes,

James.

October 24th, 2012, 18:36
James never mind the whole "we explored his views on gay rights stuff" lets get down to the most serious question I sincerely hope you remembered to pose.......so, is he taking me out for that dinner and drinks then OR WHAT !!? lol

James Barnes
October 26th, 2012, 10:41
Dear NIrish Guy,

He did happen to mention that a 'dear friend had recently emigrated to Thailand' and this could mean a visit. Was he referring to you?

JB.

October 26th, 2012, 20:06
I wish !! Unfortunately not me though :-(