View Full Version : Hows the weather in Pattaya just now ?

TravellerDave
October 16th, 2012, 13:12
Some of the Thailand boards have reports of storms and flooding. I,m due in Pattaya next week and would love to get some sun after the awful summer in England. Do I need to pack my speedos ?.
I,m a regular visitor in October/November and last year the floods in Bangkok were dreadful but things in Pats were fine, although there were a lot of more affluent Bangkok Thais in the hotels.
When Pattaya has had a lot of rain I recall part of Soi Buakhow under water but dont remember this happening in Sunee or Boys Town - maybe they are slightly higher.

October 16th, 2012, 15:14
...Do I need to pack my speedos ?...

Nah - the cotton wool goes soggy when you go in the sea and it loses all its shape.

:ura1:

newalaan
October 17th, 2012, 15:25
Some of the Thailand boards have reports of storms and flooding. I,m due in Pattaya next week and would love to get some sun after the awful summer in England
Weather is changeable from hour to hour! The last few days it has been raining at some time or other during the day. The last 4 days have been very light rain-wise but even with little rain the water seems to lay around in large puddles for ages. Boyztown now seems to have permanently huge pools of water in the soi as does Pattayaland soi 1. But there have lots of times the storm clouds have gathered but no rain came.

A couple of days ago I went to Dong Tan, Jomtien something i do rarely, about 3pm the sky darkened in the distance heading towards Pattaya, rumbles and lightening. Most farang around me kept looking up and lots of them paid their bills and left, 2 hours later still not a drop of rain. In fact Jomtien had no rain that afternoon/evening. All the Thai guys were saying don't worry, rain not come here, that time they were right.

But that is Pattaya just now, some rain virtually every day but sometimes only and hour or two, and lots of threats of rain which often come to nothing. I take a light compact brolly with me when it threatens but I never don't go out just because of the threat of rain, even if it is raining heavy I find the brolly does fine between bars/venues. In between the dark skies it is very hot, plenty of sun late morning early afternoon, so you will definitely get some sun for sure.

Today it was pouring torrentially for about a couple of hours, now off but cloudy.

TravellerDave
October 18th, 2012, 02:47
Thanks newalaan for your excellent weather report. Mixture of sunshine and showers. I suppose thats "par for the course" for this time of year. According to the statistics October is the wettest month but rainfall reduces considerably in November.
Yes a compact brolly is a vital part of ones kit although when the heavens really open the best reaction is to enter the nearest bar and wait for it to stop.
I managed a week at Playa del Ingles Gran Canaria in early September and got fairly brown on the beach there, but it has faded now, so I hoping to work on my tan next week.