PDA

View Full Version : Pataya Nightclubs and their Dancers?

paulfort
October 13th, 2012, 18:30
I am returning to Thailand for 10 days in November, the last few times I have been whilst I have been in all the Boys Town bars, I haven't really made it to any of the clubs, used to go more often to Hollywood or one I think called "Xite" often with a few of the boys from one of the bars. Looks like they may have gone but wondered what you guys think about NAB, Dave Mans Club or Triangle if they are still about - or any others you would recommend?

I am especially interested in any with the more muscular and defined type dancers showing off a bit, also wondered what is the score with these dancers, are they sometimes "off-able" in any way like in the go go bars?

Any help really welcome!

colmx
October 13th, 2012, 20:17
X-zyte is the club that you are thinking about... it has been demolished now and is nothing but an empty lot

There are 4 main gay clubs in Pattaya, Dave, NAB,IDOL and Triangle

Dave
Its basically an after hours gogo bar, Boys are offable here. Unsure of off fee but i think its around 600B
You would also be expected to buy the coyote a drink wich will be 2-400B depending on what he orders
They have 2 groups of Coyotes, 1 are the butch straight looking boys, the second group are the younger gay boys
Each coyote s expected to get at least 600B in drink revenue for the bar pernight
They have 3 ladyboy "mamasans" there to help you woith the process!

NAB
They don't have as many coyotes as before and i believe that it costs 2000B to off them
They are not in the business of selling their boys... although they do have "mamasans" to ensure when a coyote joins a table taps the bill payer for a coyote drink (2-400B each)

IDOL
Like dave they have 2 groups of Coyotes, 1 are the butch straight looking boys, the second group are the younger gay boys
The boys here are not offable... but if you buy them 10 drinks @200B each they are automatially excused from work...
So i suppose you could say they off fee is 2000B
(of course the 10 drinks/cocktails can be shared out amongst your table so the Coyote is not rendered unconcious)

Triangle
I have never been here before, I understand Mama Lek (Used to be in Dude, x-ray and Dave) is involved here

Dave tends to attract a younger thai clientele (and older farang)
NAB attracts the Hiso bkk people, Chinese tourists, young russians and younger farang

Idol attracts the wealthier Pattaya thai people and a mix of farang

For me its 50:50 as to which of Idol or dave has cuter boys
(i like 3-4 boys in each place)

Martin911 is the man on the ground for all the up to date info on Pattaya night clubs....

From my experience a lot of the coyotes prefer to swap e-mail or facebook and meet the next day (not swap phone numbers as thats not allowed!)
Alternatively they may ask you to pay the off fee on the night... but not meet you until the following evening

They are not trying to cheat the bar out of fees its just by the time 4-5 o'clock comes most customers (and the coyotes) are drunk...so best to meet up at a time when everybody can perform!

pong
October 14th, 2012, 18:45
thanks colmx-this is the type of response I like to read-even if i never intend to go that way. Blunt, still humorous and to the point and informative enough.
I think if I would be an USAer, it would be ''apppreciate this very much''

paulfort
October 15th, 2012, 04:35
Thanks Colmex

Really helpful, I think I need to try and pull myself away from the Boys town area just a little bit and at least try out Dave, tried on my last visit but my BF for that holiday didn't appear too keen to go there, maybe I now undersand why!

Don't suppose your in Thailand between the 4th and 15th Nov - if you are would love to buy you a beer?

colmx
October 15th, 2012, 06:10
Don't suppose your in Thailand between the 4th and 15th Nov - if you are would love to buy you a beer?
Sorry but i won't be back till December 28th... instead of buying me a beer you can report on how you get on in Dave when you get there!
Don't forget that it doesn't get going till after 00.30... so get there at 12.55 for the pick of the tables... before the bar boys arrive at 01.15!

lonelywombat
October 15th, 2012, 07:09
It is interesting that the NAB attracts Chinese tourists, young Russians and young farang.

Would be interesting to know how NAB connects with these people, that seem apparently to live away from the gay areas?

latintopxxx
October 15th, 2012, 15:31
do any of these clubs ever put on shows..special (as in naked/sex show) or otherwise?/ if yes at what time??

newalaan
October 15th, 2012, 16:50
I am especially interested in any with the more muscular and defined type dancers showing off a bit, also wondered what is the score with these dancers, are they sometimes "off-able" in any way like in the go go bars?
As others have said Colmx covered all aspects of club-life etiquette very well. The only thing I would add is that often the situation is not back and white, there are many Coyotes who maybe would not often go with customers but if you make a good connection all bets are off and virtually anything is possible depending on the circumstances and how well you get on with the guy. I have offed Coyotes I have thought initially not 100% gay, but have turned out to be very flexible. As Colmx suggests, i the past I normally arranged to meet later or when he finished his routine, at the insistance of the Coyote, not so much about avoiding off fees etc..but more, (I think) a combination of not wanting the mamsan/club/ his friends etc..to know what his movements are...some of these guys get a good bit of latitude with regards to their arrangements outwith their dancing routines.

TriangleI have never been here before, I understand Mama Lek (Used to be in Dude, x-ray and Dave) is involved here
Yes, when I visited here on my last trip 3 months ago Lek was indeed involved. I have'nt visited Triangle this trip so I don't know if it is still open or not as I did meet Lek outside Wild West Boys a few nights ago where he is currently working, he wasn't clear if he has finished with Triangle or not.

IDOLLike dave they have 2 groups of Coyotes, 1 are the butch straight looking boys, the second group are the younger gay boysThe boys here are not offable... but if you buy them 10 drinks @200B each they are automatially excused from work... So i suppose you could say they off fee is 2000B(of course the 10 drinks/cocktails can be shared out amongst your table so the Coyote is not rendered unconcious)
Having talked with quite a few boys this trip is seems that the consensious is that Idol is the 'in place' at present, primarily according to most because specifically of the Coyotes there. And the fact it seems to be the busiest club at the moment, to the detriment it would seem of NAB as I visited there this morning about 2am to find it 1/3rd full and not much 'atmosphere' so we didn't stay that long.

rifraf
October 15th, 2012, 20:30
Hi, I am new to the board, but not to Pattaya. I have been living and working here for the past two years.

Because of my working long hours, I mostly go to the late night clubs at weekends. NAB used to be my favourite to go party the night away, but it has just gotten stale of recent. There are fewer coyotes, most have been there longer than I care to remember, and the place desperately needs a facelift, new atmosphere and a whole lot of positive energy. It has been experiencing thin crowds of late. Maybe high season will change that unfortunate reality. Step-up, its sister club, is doing well, though, and is a lot of fun later in the morning. I now frequent IDOL most of the times and go to Dave's on specially promoted nights.

IDOL seems fresh, modern designed interior with quality stage, lights and sound system, and okay deals on the almost ubiquitously required bottle of whiskey, ice and mixers. The show is a blend of sexy boys and cabaret, albeit they have that annoying section where the ladyboys start talking for what seems like forever. And it is all in Thai. All three clubs do this, so there is no escaping it.

The coyotes in both Dave and IDOL are very energetic, diverse, customer-friendly, as they need to hit you up for drinks, and most speak sufficient English to get a conversation going, if you are intersted in 'offing' them.

I have never been to Triangle, so cannot say anything about it, but will give it a try soon, if it is still open for business.

colmx
October 18th, 2012, 03:29
Hi Rifraf
Thanks for your report and welcome to the board!

The late night venues in pattaya are only of interest to a few of us.... but those that are interested in them really appreciate any updates!

Idol does seem to be the no.1 these days.... but they are pretty strict on their 20+ age policy which means that the younger guys and their friends tend to stick to dave

Agree with you about Step-up being a lot of fun later in the morning.... seems every boy is dying for an invitation to go there at the end of a night in idol or dave

Looking forward to hearing more reports from you!

Alex303
October 20th, 2012, 00:39
I'm something of a 'Night Owl' too and still a big fan of NAB....really like the energy in there on a Saturday and the mix of people (Pattaya & BKK crowd), went there a few times last trip...but only at the weekends with a small Thai entourage and they all seemed to enjoy themselves judging by their condition at the end of the night. Some aspects of the place remind me of certain London clubs i used to go to.

Funny thing is i hate smoking (can't abide cigarettes)....but got stuck into a Shisha pipe a couple of times there and loved it!

rifraf
October 23rd, 2012, 19:26
Colmx, thanks for the welcome, but I am more looking forward to reading your next report, which never fails to entertain and educate, much in the fashion of the one above.

Latintopxxx, DaveтАЩs Man Club is known to hold big cock contests at times and features in its shower scene some sexy guys in the buff. As to how often these are held, I have no idea. The regular show, much as the same with NAB and Idol, tends to be more cabaret style with lipsnycing ladyboys in the lead backed up by dancers (not my cup of tea). NAB and Idol both have shower scenes as well featuring one or more of their models, but always wearing bikinis (why?).

DaveтАЩs Man Club deserves credit for being way more creative in promoting and hosting theme parties and sexy boys contests. They do an excellent job of creating a fun and high energy atmosphere. This may explain why they attract such a loyal following among the bar guys, in addition to ColmxтАЩs observation of their more lax policy of admitting guys who are under 20 years.

If you are looking for good sexy boys shows to go see and have a drink before heading to the late night clubs, I highly recommend X-Boys Land 10:45 p.m., X-Boys 11:30 p.m. and Happy Place 12:00 a.m. shows. These will keep you well-entertained. Just get there early as they fill up rather fast these days (especially at weekends) and, of course, high season is right round the corner.

latintopxxx
October 25th, 2012, 15:20
Spent 21st to the 24th in Jomtien, at the eurostar (rooms ok, big but cleanliness not up to standard), on Sunday fkyers were being handed out advertising erotic shows at x-boys; woe...what an excellent deal, no silly cabaret ot comedy shows, just big cock, jack off and fuck shows, a total overload. Same owners also run the place across the road x-boysland/david; and agin same formula.
Shows have only 10 min between them so I started off at x-boys at 10 and ended at x-boysland at the last show at 00:15; all fit young guys, way better than anything on offer at the fucksoi in BKK.