PDA

View Full Version : Dentistry

egel
October 12th, 2012, 01:26
Im due in Thailand in about 6 weeks and need some dental work done. Probably a root canal filling or two.
I could get it done here in the UK before I leave, or have it done in Pattaya.
Anyone got any recomendations, or otherwise?
Should I get it done here before I leave?
Any good dentists near South Road?
Thanks

lonelywombat
October 12th, 2012, 06:23
Two Years ago a friend asked for details of where to go for the same reason. Most people recommended the hospital.

After arrival he met a number of expats and locals and was told the Dental Surgery opposite the supermarket in South Road, was excellent value.

I will be seeing him during the weekend. Since then he has sent a lot of the people from his office there, as the rates are about 25% of the local rate in Australia.

Surgery by US trained surgeons is first class

Neal
October 12th, 2012, 07:24
If you are on blood thinners or an asprin regimine may I suggest that you go to the dentist at the hospital only. Most responsible dentists if they know will also do that and not take the risk.I approached that german dentist on the way to Jomtien that mant people rave about and when he heard i was on blood thinners refused me and told me to go to the hospital and to make sure to advise him as sometimes they have a difficult time getting the area that they worked in to stop bleeding. The hospital puts other doctors on call if they ahould need help. :idea1:

jvt22222
October 12th, 2012, 07:32
Strong recommendation for Dr. Teppasit ..... was for years at the BKK Hospital Pattaya ...... then set up his own clinic right at the Dolphin Roundabout at the intersection of 2nd Road and North Pattaya ......easy song taew ride from South Pattaya ....... trained in the US and lived in New Jersey for many years ..... speaks perfect English .... market prices for work but TOP quality ...... in Pattaya his telephone number is 038-362-095

ceejay
October 12th, 2012, 14:13
Egel, be careful with your travel health insurance. Travelling to Thailand intending to have dental work done counts as elective surgery and can invalidate most policies. You need to make your insurance company aware of your plans. You may end up paying a higher premium, but that is likely to be more than offset by the saving from having the work done in Thailand.
Personally, in a similar situation a few years back, I had the work done before I left the UK, in spite of the cost. There's bound to be some discomfort for a day or two after anything but minor work and I didn't want that taking the edge off my holiday.

x in pattaya
October 12th, 2012, 18:17
I've used the "Pattaya Dentist" on South Pattaya Rd for many years and there are many other dentists on South Pattaya, all of whom are probably reasonably good and fairly cheap.

Recently I made the shift to the Dental Clinic at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and have used DR. THAMMARAT SANGUANSATWAJA, a number of times. His English is good, but not great, but his dental work is miles better than the less expensive store-front operations on Pattaya Tai.

http://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/d ... entist.php (http://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/dentalcenter/dentist.php)

You'll need to scroll down nearly to the bottom of this page to find him.

paulfort
October 13th, 2012, 20:08
Not sure if I would want a couple of root canal treatments whilst on holiday, just had one done in the UK for ┬г325 so you would certainly save a lot in Thailand, but can be painful for several days after and before!.

However I normally go to Dentist Kittipoj on South Pattaya Road just about opposite from Tukcom, she is excellent, really modern equipment, immaculately spotless and she speaks decent English, I will call in there when back next month but just for a couple of basic fillings.