PDA

View Full Version : Just curious, do Japense Boys uusally like Americans/

Wesley
October 11th, 2012, 09:39
I was thinking after post I saw about Japanese boys on U tube, if they like Americans or is there still some issues wwith us becase of the war. I have seen a lot of them around but they act superior to almost everyone. I have never has an opportunity to ask one out but only because they seem to shut other people out except Koreans. What do you guys know about this, I would be interested to know. Now, my plans are to be a good boy after talking to Scottish guy and this is a serious post.

a447
October 11th, 2012, 14:08
Hi Wesley,

I think I may be able to help here. I hate to generalise, but I base my observations on the fact that I have lived in Japan since I was 12 - went to high school, uni, lost my virginity and worked there. Now I spend a lot of time in Australia.

Over the years I have noticed a big change in attitude towards westerners in general. In the early days, we were kind of "admired" just for being gaijin (farang). I was constantly touched by the students (loved it when the boys rubbed their hands over my arms!) and was basically treated a bit like a rock star. As I ws the first gaijin at the school, I even made the local newspapers, which made me even more of a star. Everyone wanted to take my photo, kids would come up and ask for an autograph, etc. etc. I always seemed to be surrounded by people looking at me. I didn't feel self-conscious - I felt really special. And I lapped it up! I LOVED the special attention heaped on me simply for being a gaijin. I didn't have to do anything. BTW I also loved how all the boys thought I had a 12 inch cock. Afterall, I was a gaijin and as we all know, they are HUGE! I didn't deny it. :sign5:

As Japan's economy took off, it all seemed to change. Suddenly the inferiority complex disappeared and just a little bit of arrogance appeared. They were still madly in love with everything western (i.e. American) but the talk now was all about Japan's place in the world and their awesome technology. They all wanted to live in a big western house - but they wanted it filled with Japanese goods!

I find that today, Japanese kids are still very interested in American culture, but I am also happy to see that they have embraced Korea. My friends used to badmouth their close neighbour, but now they are best of friends, thanks to popular Korean T.V. shows and K-pop. Japanese of Korean descent used to hide their background. Now it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I remember visiting Rekihaku in Chiba prefecture many years ago. It is the Museum of Japanese History. It is awesome, not only in its content, but the way things are displayed. Whole villages have been reproduced, exhibits rise up out of the floor, etc. Typical Japanese technology at work. After I had left, I realised that i hadn't seen anything about the war, apart from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I went back to reception and asked where WW2 was and was told it was "under construction!" I trust the situation has now been rectified.

As for the war, the kids seem oblivious to the greater atrocities of the Japanese army; in fact, they don't seem to know a lot about, or care about, the war. It has nothing to do with their daily lives. And unlike Germany, where I find I am always asked about my attitude to Hitler, et al, the war has never been a topic of conversation during all my years living there. Everyone has moved on, helped, of course, by the attitude of the Japanese govt, which is to "modify" the history taught to the kids in school.

So apart from the ultra rightest groups who hang around Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo, no-one gives a fuck anymore about the war.

That's my answer from my perspective and personal experience over the years. Others may beg to differ.

BTW, if you are contemplating a trip to Japan, go. You, 'll love it. The Japanese are the most courteous, respectful and sweetest people in the world, bar none! Honestly, they are. Just don't expect a thriving gay scene like we have in Thailand. The scene can be very challenging for gaijin, even if you speak the language. In this area it is a closed shop.

pong
October 12th, 2012, 17:39
just a little logic thinking would have given that there is no universal answer. 65+ years since war ended-that a long forgotten history among youth. I think a447 has given a spendid answer and he also is very much in the postion with his experience to know.
My exp. from the many young Jpnese- I've met in TH and in BKK are much the same. Most seem to be a bit shy-they fear their english is not enough. Always very polite and eager to please and many seem relieved when you speak to them-a little in their lingo, a little in slow basic english. Many are return visitors to TH and know a lot about a little (area, aspect). BKK also has a great lot of longer living JPNese expats-for all their factories. Its not the mostly farang loving majority that most Thai seem to have, but the sheer fact that they travel abroad also signifies they are not purely JPNese directed.

Wesley
October 14th, 2012, 04:01
I tend to agree, The answer was superb, I have seen the younger and older around a lot in the Philippines, Usually in the better restaurants and in the better resorts. They do look at Americans as if they are interested but as you said, they seem to be shy. it can be taken the other way if you are not careful. They are genuinely good looking men and some time spent with them would be interesting. Some end up on Planet Romeo but I have never been able to get any to respond. Many Filipino's speak or or two languages, Chinese and Japanese and English, occasionally some German as well. But, they seem to not care much for the Japanese. its hard to tell if its memories of the war or prejudice of their position. The Philippines economy usually stay about the same no matter how the global market is going. I am not sure why they just tend to weather things better. The dollar is not as up and down there as in most places and hovers much around the same place. Well if anyone else comes up with any real life experiences again or if anyone knows anything if would be kindly appreciated.

Khor tose
October 14th, 2012, 07:50
Very good report, and I hope you don't mind one question. I am bothered by the closed gay scene. I know this is true as others have commented on the same thing, but I have yet to understand why it is closed. Why is it okay to have sex with some old Japanese industrialist, but not a foreign gaijin? Would a young good looking American have trouble cruising in Japan, or would he be able to meet boys? To be honest, I sometimes worry that this is another aspect of the Japanese Xenophobia that is fueled by the notion that they are direct decentents of the sun god and better then everyone else. I would appreciate your input.

a447
October 14th, 2012, 21:04
Khor tose wrote:
Would a young good looking American have trouble cruising in Japan, or would he be able to meet boys?

Not in discos or somewhere like that. No problem at all. It's just that the gay sex clubs,saunas and many small gay bars do not welcome gaijin. They have a regular clientele and like to keep it that way - exclusive. Cruising is a good way to meet Japanese guys. But you have to keep in mind that the boys will be very shy, as they don't usually speak English (or lack confidence, even if they do). Plus, the American guy is still a gaijin so it would take a brave Japanese boy indeed to make the first approach, I would imagine. The gaijin really needs to know at least a little Japanese so he can make the first approach.

To be honest, I sometimes worry that this is another aspect of the Japanese Xenophobia that is fueled by the notion that they are direct decentents of the sun god and better then everyone else.

I don't think so. I believe it is due to a us against them view of the world. We are all Japanese (the often start a sentence with "Ware ware nihonjin wa...." which means "We Japanese.....") and you are all gaijin (which generally is understood to be American). This view is based on the concept of "shimaguni konjou" which refers the isolationist mentality brought about the fact that Japan is an island nation which was never invaded by foreigners.
Japanese see themselves as all belonging to a single family - of Japanese. When you think about it, they must all be related to each other.

I don't think it is Xenophobia,per se. That word has sinister connotations, whereas I don't see the way Japanese view themselves and their position in the world as being in any way sinister

billy2bs
October 16th, 2012, 06:35
It is a shame that the gay scene in Japan is so closed off it seemed to the interaction of the American and Japanese. I would love to visit there ant try out the venues . I find the Japanese to be even more stunning than the Thai, if that is possible. But then it is mostly from videos etc. I think the only way I could venture would be to connect with another like minded Farang and bounce around together in hopes of getting into those closed shops so to speak.

Khor tose
October 16th, 2012, 07:01
Thanks for the reply A447. I am like billy, I do find the Japanese stunning, but i am happy with Thai food. :love4:
I did look on Gay Romeo and did find some Japanese boys who seem willing to meet Westerners, and if we ever visited Japan that may be a good way to find a guide who might show us around the gay scene that he knows. Don't know, but put it on my might try list.
I would definitely like to visit the country, but I do worry that after doing tourist stuff during the day, we would not be able to find any interesting gay night life. I liked your explanation of the closeness of the Japanese society, but still a little bothered by the concept. I don't know, I may be be old, but I remember how under imperial japan everyone who was not Japanese (Asian or Westerner) was considered less then human. However, I repeat that may not be the truth today, and I guess the only way to really find out is to go there and see for my self, which brings up one more question. Would we have any trouble in japan traveling as a gay may/december couple?

a447
October 16th, 2012, 15:26
billy2bs wrote:
I think the only way I could venture would be to connect with another like minded Farang and bounce around together in hopes of getting into those closed shops so to speak.

No, I think the best way is not to go to venues with another farang - just 1 farang is 1 too many for them to cope with. The best way to try your luck is to befriend a Japanese guy on Gay Romeo and get him to go along with you.
I was only able to enter the Japanese-only gay venues was be being accompanied by my Japanese friends, who vouched for me. As soon as the mamasan heard me speak Japanese, I was able to enter the club/bar.
On one occasion I had to go for an "interview" with the mamasan during the day. My Japanese friends told me what was pretty obvious anyway - he wanted to sleep with me first. He was absolutely gorgeous, so although I played hard to get, I had a great afternoon with him. After that, I was able to go to the club whenever I wanted to. lol.

Khor tose wrote:
I do worry that after doing tourist stuff during the day, we would not be able to find any interesting gay night life.

Well, there are always the venues in Shinjuku ni chome (pronounced "chor-may"). most of which will have no problem letting you in. It's just the bars etc that have never seen a gaijin that you will have problems with. Unfortunately, these venues are the most interesting - it's where all the sex action takes place. But if you go and sit in a bar in Shinjuku, you may befriend a local, although he might be a moneyboy.
There is also a gay cinema in Ueno where there is usually a lot of action in the dark. You catch the train to Ueno and go out the Hirokouji exit. Turn right ands walk up to the main street, where you turn left. Then walk past the Keisei Train Station on the right until you come to the corner. Cross the street on the crosswalk in front of you and then look to the right and you will see a little alleyway leading down to the pond. The cinema is in that alley, on the second floor.

I repeat that may not be the truth today

You're right. It isn't.

Would we have any trouble in japan traveling as a gay may/december couple?

Nope. None whatsoever. The Japanese are quite tolerant in this area. Many t.v. personalities are openly gay and noone cares. A bit like Thailand.

October 17th, 2012, 13:00
Ive been told the reason theres a street in Bangkok full of girlie bars only Japanese go to is because they dont want to screw women they think have been touched by white guys because somehow the women have been polluted not that their racists of course.

a447
October 17th, 2012, 15:12
Brisbaneguy wrote:
Ive been told the reason theres a street in Bangkok full of girlie bars only Japanese go to is because they dont want to screw women they think have been touched by white guys because somehow the women have been polluted not that their racists of course.

You've been told wrong.

October 17th, 2012, 16:18
You've been told wrong.I agree that if someone tells me Japanese are not racist Ive been told wrong.

a447
October 17th, 2012, 18:30
Brisbaneguy wrote:
I agree that if someone tells me Japanese are not racist

I don't know who told you that. It certainly wasn't me.

Wesley
October 19th, 2012, 07:04
In body language it seems that some are racist, but then others in a less open situation seem more likely to talk to you if they speak English. Many speak Tagalog but for business reasons only. I would say they are like any one some are racists some are not, I realize racist is a strong word but it seems to apply.

Neal
October 19th, 2012, 07:17
I have no idea but is it possible that what you might tink of and percieve as racism is possibly thier not knowing the English language and failure to be able to communicate? I really don' t know and taking a stab in the dark. :dontknow:

Magnum
October 19th, 2012, 11:27
I think the Japanese have very good reasons to feel superior to other populations (irrespective if they do or not). Go there maybe you'll see.

a447
October 19th, 2012, 15:05
I think you are spot on, Daboss. I think the Japanese feel hugely inferior inasmuch as they can not speak English (not through the lack of trying, I might add)

magnum wrote:
I think the Japanese have very good reasons to feel superior to other populations (irrespective if they do or not). Go there maybe you'll see.

I couldn't agree more. But it is probably a feeling of self=satisfaction and pride at their technological achievements, low crime rate, peaceful society, exquisite cuisine, etc. etc.
But I do believe that they look down upon lesser Asian nations, although you hardly ever hear a Japanese make what we would call a racist remark. We have words like "chink'", "wog," "ni**er'" etc. but these words do not exist in Japanese. Anyone who isn't Japanese is simply lumped into the category of "gaijin."

October 19th, 2012, 16:26
I think the Japanese have very good reasons to feel superior to other populations (irrespective if they do or not). Go there maybe you'll see.I agree completely the Japanese education systems approach to teaching their kids about the Second World War the Greater East Asia CoPrpsprty Sphear the Burma Railway Changi and the Nanjing Massacre are second to none and if you search Google you will soon find that gaijin means trash why would they need any other words to describe non Japanese

a447
October 19th, 2012, 17:37
Brisbaneguy wrote:
... the Japanese education systems...

Where the hell did that come from?? Were we discussing the Japanese education system somewhere in this thread??
I must have missed that.

you search Google you will soon find that gaijin means trash

Wrong! (Again)

To understand the meaning of "gaijin" you must be able to read Chinese characters. You most certainly do not, as so should have refrained from commenting on something you know nothing about.

For the record:

хдЦуААуААя╝ИGAI) = outside

ф║║ (JIN) = person

No mention of "trash" anywhere, Brisbaneguy. A little knowledge (or lack thereof) can be a dangerous thing.

Khor tose
October 19th, 2012, 18:59
Actually it means that and a little more according to Wiki, and its present use may be impolite or politically incorrect in today's Japanese society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaijin

a447
October 20th, 2012, 08:45
Yes, that's right. It's all about nuance and the way the word is said.
I was never referred to as a "gaijin" - always as gaijin-san or, more frequently, "gaikoku no kata", which is very polite. You would never call a foreigner "gaijin" when speaking to him; it's a generic term, not one of address.

October 20th, 2012, 10:56
blah blah blah.If you want to control what people say why dont you buy the Forum mate unless Bossie has sold it already.

a447
October 20th, 2012, 14:29
I'm certainly not interested in trying to
control what people say

You just need to get your facts right before you post.

A little research and basically sticking to the topic.

Is that too much to ask?

October 20th, 2012, 16:10
You just need to get your facts right before you post.

A little research and basically sticking to the topic.

Is that too much to ask?would it be ok if I PM you before each post I make to get you to check my facts?

a447
October 20th, 2012, 17:08
No. Check your facts yourself. I don't think it's all that hard.

And please tell us where on Google is "gaijin" equated with "trash." Care to share the website??

I mean, you didn't just make that up, did you??

You're not posting blatantly false info on this board, are you??

they dont want to screw women they think have been touched by white guys

I agree that if someone tells me Japanese are not racist Ive been told wrong.

And you are accusing the Japanese of being racist?? :sign5:

October 21st, 2012, 03:21
One of many - http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gaijin and Wikipedia on Japanese racism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_issues_in_Japan

You do know how to use Google dont you? And your an Aussie arent ya mate?

[attachment=0:qyuptg1l]photo.JPG[/attachment:qyuptg1l]

a447
October 21st, 2012, 10:28
Brisbaneguy, look closely at the first the URL. Surely the prefix 'UN" in "uncyclopedia" should suggest something to you about the website.

And again, where on those pages does it state that 'gaijin" means "trash?" I ask again - Are you posting false info on the board??

And why have you turned this thread into a discussion on Japanese racism? Was that the main thrust of Wesley's original question? I don't think so.

If you want to talk about that, you should open a new thread.

Magnum
October 21st, 2012, 12:34
BrisbaneGuy, I don't refer to those issues. I've just realized that we are kind of barbarian compared to the Japanese. I am still thankful how welcome I was in their country, they are so respectful, polite and likeable. I was eager to learn some words in Japanese, just out of respect. I was there for tourist stuff, but for the OP: Oedo Onsen Obaida Tokyo, I saw japanese guys there which are interested to meet gaijins. Unfortunately they were not my age/type, but in Japan there are hot guys everywhere (just google Ryuhei Matsuda, not from this world)

a447: Many thanks for all you interesting insider information!

a447
October 21st, 2012, 14:53
Magnum wrote:
I am still thankful how welcome I was in their country, they are so respectful, polite and likeable

Your comments reflect those of everyone I have ever met who has visited Japan. As I wrote earlier, the Japanese are indeed the nicest, most welcoming people on the planet.

Who knows, Brisbaneguy might just put his prejudices aside for a moment and visit Japan. It would certainly open his eyes.

As for the hot guys, yep, they are everywhere. We used to drive out to Kujuukuri Beach or catch the train to Zushi (not far from Kamakura) every weekend to admire the guys in their speedos.
There wasn't any action on the beach, so to speak, just guys with barely concealable hard-ons kissing and cuddling. Awesome!

October 22nd, 2012, 16:48
FYI I spent a month in Japan as part of a government delegation the funniest part of it was after the open q&a sessions when the members of our group who could speak Japanese briefed us about the discussions the Japanese had had among themselves about how to answer our embarrassing questions without losing face it was a laugh a minute especially schoolboys bowing to me in the w.c. But I left the place full of contempt for their focus on "face" so dont excell at what is obviously your speciality jumping t conclusions no response I notice to the Wikipedia article that quotes the UN High Commissioner comments about Japan's racism and zenaphobia.

a447
October 22nd, 2012, 19:44
Brisbaneguy wrote:
no response I notice to the Wikipedia article that quotes the UN High Commissioner comments about Japan's racism and zenaphobia.

No response?? Yes, there was. It was this:

If you want to talk about that, you should open a new thread.

You need to read my posts more carefully.

Look, why not just go back and read the original post? Wesley's post was not about "Japan's racism and zenaphobia (sic")

It is interesting that you visited Japan and seemed to take great pleasure in watching your hosts "lose face." And is embarrassing to read that you laughed at a Japanese schoolboy who was just being courteous and showing you respect, both as someone older and as a visitor to his country.

What a great ambassador for Australia you must have been! You would have come across as being unsophisticated, uneducated, unworldly, boorish and disingenuous. A bit of a country hick.

I've met millions of those types in Japan over the years - the gaijin heading off to Japan to show them how things should be done. They've tended to leave with their tails between their legs.

But I left the place full of contempt for their focus on "face"

Maybe it is best for you not to comment on concepts and cultural nuances that are beyond your understanding. In doing so, you are displaying some of the attributes I mentioned above.

Oh, and before I forget. "No response I notice" to my question about where "gaijin" was equated with "trash" on those 2 websites. Still looking, are we? Don't want to answer that because you are scared of........

losing face?? :sign5:

October 23rd, 2012, 09:13
Yeah your right there a447 I need to respect other cultures proper whats this about karaokay why do they do that is it to stop them actually having a conversation because it might show that people have different opinions and lose social cohesion thats what face is all about isnt it?

a447
October 23rd, 2012, 15:18
whats this about karaokay (sic)

What's what about karaoke?? You tell me, as I have no idea what this question has to do with Wesley's original post. None whatsoever.

thats what face is all about isnt it?

No, it isn't.

Brisbaneguy, let's leave it at this. You've had your fun. Time to move on.

bing
October 26th, 2012, 21:11
HI Guys,
I have a bit of dated observation,, Several years ago when I was under 65 but not by much, I went to Japan for a few weeks. Wow, not knowing the language is a real concern, but I will say a smile a even weak gaydar is all you need. I looked on Shinjuku as ground zero for action. I wandered in this area in the afternoon so not as to see it at night with bright lights. I saw man go by on a bike, he smiled at me an I returned it, he promptly pulled over and tied his bike up to to a light pole, and came over and said, 'Hello". He owned a local bar and invited me to see it. We were drinking a beer in his bar a few minutes later, although the bar did not open for several hours. ( He paid for the beer) He mentioned he liked older sort of chubby western guys,,, mmmm I fit that bill. He invited me back in the evening an told me he would introduce me to several guys who would not be good for sex but would like to practice their english.
The next day he took me to a small garden and we did a traditional tea ceremony. (Again he insisted on paying for the tea ceremony) Finally before leaving a day or two later he gave me a small sake glass i had admired as we were window shopping. He told me he had to go back and reserve an item.. Being a clod I did not have anything to pass onto him but my Timex watch. All these years later and I still value that sake cup. ----- Advice don't worry about language or age, it can happen and be fun, no matter who you are.

a447
October 27th, 2012, 15:13
Bing wrote:
Finally before leaving a day or two later he gave me a small sake glass i had admired as we were window shopping.

In my early days in Japan, I would visit friends' places and often saw things I'd admired.
On leaving, the mothers would often present me with a gift. When I got home and opened it, it would invariably be the object I had admired!!
If I'd played my cards right, I could have opened a shop!
I think I still have the antique camera I once received.

Wesley
October 30th, 2012, 07:53
Wow, this has really been one of the best sections ever on the Japanese culture and gay life. It was good to see it expand into other area's since it became educational in more than one area. Although sex is nice, knowledge is often as good in some respects. It opens doors into a curious new world you never knew. Hats off to the guys that made this such a rich and informative section on a race of people of which I really know little about. I own a real sword from the war I picked up in the Philippines. it is part of my family now and is loved as a part of history that has become real to them. It began an interesting fact when my nephew was allowed to take it to school for one of the days where they look at historical artifacts. Naturally it has to be cleared first. But, it was good. You guys are very adept at keeping in check the original idea but allowing the thread to spread its wings a little.

I think for me now, it is better to try and find some of the Japanese guys in the Philippines. one reason is that they are more are likely able to speak English since the Filipino's almost all speak to some degree. It may actually be easier to meet one there than in Japan.

Thanks Guys and please continue to add to a very interesting thread for me. it is a subject I have always wanted to understand and its nice we have some that have personal knowledge of the facts.

Thank You My friends. You have extended a kind hand of fellowship of which I will not turn down again.

May i say in turn,

a447
October 30th, 2012, 15:22
And to think Wesley....we've only just scratched the surface!

Impulse
November 4th, 2012, 08:16
Damn a447, you are my hero! What a fun life you lead. You say you were in japan when you were 12......did the boys there like to experiment at about that age? They must have been very curious/interested in you. Some of my most memorable sex experiences were around 13 or 14 with my best friend at the time. He initiated everything but unfortunatly finished it after a hot two year affair...because he said he felt guilty,ha ha.

a447
November 5th, 2012, 14:16
rocket wrote:
did the boys there like to experiment at about that age?

No, unfortunately, they didn't as far as I can recall. Not that I would have understood, as I was very naive at 12.
At around 13/14 they discovered wanking and then all hell broke loose. What can I say - they didn't have any inhibitions at all in that regard, and quite a few wanking contests happened in the toilets during the breaks between lessons. Naturally, I was extremely happy to join in! If only they knew! Had they known I was gay, I would have been crucified.

And yes, they certainly were curious about me. It was as though I had arrived from the moon. And they showed a lot of interest in my cock, something that I experienced for most of my life in Japan. How big is it? How often do you jack off? Is it true that gaijin's have big cocks, but their hard-ons are on the soft side?? etc.

I found the boys to be very vulgar (suits me fine) but especially in front of the girls. When getting changed for physical education in the classroom, some of the boys would shove their crotches into the girls' faces and the bolder ones would pull out their cocks and push them into their faces. The girls screamed in mock horror but often just laughed it off. I guess they thought that that's the way boys behave.

November 5th, 2012, 15:52
I was very naive at 12.You are to modest your still naive.

Beachlover
December 27th, 2012, 21:05
Don't know about Japanese boys and Americans but gay Japanese guys I know LOVE Thai guys and the Thai guys love Japanese guys... it's a match made in heaven LOL.

Actually there is more to it... I live in a melting pot of Asian nationalities. In Sydney we have so many Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Thais, Vietnamese, Filipinos, Indonesians and all the other Asian nationalities, all with different cultural norms and values.

What the Japanese and Thais have in common is both cultures place a lot of emphasis on social harmony and being courteous and respectful to others. It plays out in the way they eat, speak, behave, live etc. Look at a table full of mainland Chinese eating and compare that to the table manners of a group of Japanese or Thais and you'll see they are complete opposites.

December 29th, 2012, 08:04
Yeah we'll the Thais just lay down and let themselves get raped and pillaged in World War 2 and now the Japanese are doing it to them all over again economically so obviously the Thais enjoy it

World War 2 thats the one that never gets a mention in Japanese history books isnt it?