PDA

View Full Version : Low-budget hotels (or guest houses) allow to take friend

bombombom
October 9th, 2012, 09:39
Dear friends,

I have searched information realted to my question but still find nothingтАж So may you guys help me?

I was falling in luve with BKK so bad after my first trip to Thai. And I am preparing to plan my next trip to BKK. May you guys show me some low-budget hotels (or guest houses) near Silom or Lumphini areas which allow to take friend to spend nightsтАж. I have a very cute friend there, and would wanna be with him тАж, just hold him tightly, spend sound sleeps, all night longтАж

With deeply thanks to you, buddies!

joe552
October 9th, 2012, 18:19
It would help if you said what you think is a low budget - 500Bt? 1,000Bt? We all have different ideas what that phrase means.

stevehadders
October 9th, 2012, 18:26
If you try Ibis or All Seasons (both accor group) - http://www.accorhotels.com they are both in the economy segment and same group as Novotel/Sofitel/Pullman. They have some good deals, especially in low season/in advance. They both have properties in Sathorn and near river also.

Otherwise there is Malaysia and Suriwongse Hotel (never stayed so cannot comment but I know they both accept joiners).....some stay at the BBB Inn but others say its more of a short time room (I once went there short time but a long time ago and I had consumed approx half of Singha's stock at the time).

Why not log into agoda via this website put in your area as Silom and see what comes up - a lot of mid scale really discount during distressed periods

Good Hunting!

colmx
October 10th, 2012, 02:45
Honey House is on soi ngam duphli around half way between babylon and malaysia/Ibis Hotels

It is located at the head of the T junction where the road turns left

Very gay friendly and rate 5-600B per night.... functional accomodation with air, how water etc
However certainly not luxurious!

bombombom
October 10th, 2012, 09:44
Joe552: :тАЭ> I mean the price is around 500B. I will make my questions to be more clearer then. Thank Joe!

Stevehadders: Since I still not own an international debit card, so I can not pay the services on Agoda site. I perfer paying by cash, Steve! Thank you so much!

Colmx: I do appreciate your information, Colmx. While searching Honey House - Soi Ngam Duphli infos., I have found lots of similar hotels and guesthouses in this area with the suitable budget for an AsiaтАЩ backpacker like me! And of course, Honey House might be my first choice.

Anyway, тАШgay-friendlyтАЩ means they allow me to take my friend to spend nights? Sorry Colmx, I just wanna know for sure! Thank Colmx, you make my trip more worthy! :love4: ^^

Dboy
October 10th, 2012, 21:17
I stayed at OmYim Lodge (in Silom area) for about a week, just checked out a few days ago....liked it a lot. Very handy to skytrain (one stop away from Sala Daeng.

http://www.omyimgroup.com/omyim/

Dboy

colmx
October 11th, 2012, 01:44
Anyway, тАШgay-friendlyтАЩ means they allow me to take my friend to spend nights? Sorry Colmx, I just wanna know for sure! Thank Colmx, you make my trip more worthy! :love4: ^^

Gay friendly means that the reception staff do not mind that you are bringing another guy back to your room
And seeing as a lot of the other residents are already... you might even pick up someone already staying there!

xiluzer
October 11th, 2012, 07:03
NANTRA SILOM @SILOM

Cheap and accept guests...

and it's just a short walk to Tawan!!

bombombom
October 12th, 2012, 10:14
Colmx: :)) Now I am clear about the term тАШgay-friendlyтАЩ. I feel a little bit of exciting happy currently! I am a very discreet guy living in a тАШnot-openтАЩ country, never wanna be show-off. But I am thinking about one day I will roam on BKK streets with my chubby friend, sometime hand in hand if we wannaтАж The nice and good-nature Thai people make the place become friendly, and hand-in-hand walking freely with him give me a dream moment in life.

I do thank you, Colmx. Best wishes for a nice weekend!

Dboy, Xiluzer: Thank Dboy! Thank Xiluzer! I still seach the most suitable ones. Low-budget for backpackers ever!^^

Krazy4thai
October 13th, 2012, 14:26
In Bangkok I stay at Sathorn Inn, it's budget 950B/night, Nice hotel, 10 minswalk from Soi Twilight. never had any problems bringing friends back. Virtually next door to Chong Nonsi skytrain station, 1 min walk.

gaymandenmark
October 13th, 2012, 15:58
bombombom: "But I am thinking about one day I will roam on BKK streets with my chubby friend, sometime hand in hand if we wannaтАж The nice and good-nature Thai people make the place become friendly, and hand-in-hand walking freely with him give me a dream moment in life."

Hmm, just remember that even if the Thai people does not say anything to you, it is not the style of this nice and good-nature Thai people to show affection in public. Young thais may have changed a littlebit.
But many people is confused and think that polite silence is the same as accept.

October 13th, 2012, 20:12
well I guess this opens up the bigger topic of whether you should care or not as to whether people like or accept a gay person holding hands with their lover / boyfriend or whatever, Of course it's always nice to be nice and respect local customs etc in any city you travel to but forever "not" holding your BF's hand in a city just because the locals may not like it is not I'm sure a solid enough reason NOT to do it - personal safety issues aside obviously - as to not hold hands should you feel the need implies then there is something wrong with showing affection to your BF - just like str8 couples do every day - so, gay people shouldn't feel any different and most certainly shouldn't wait or feel the need for the permission or acceptance or the straight community. Equality is here and is now and it's up to us to keep on moving that forward and not back away from that.

And before any starts I've already said it's important to be respectful of other peoples views etc whilst in their country ( not just Thailand) but it's a fine line and to hide your love for your natural partner just in case your hosts don't like it is to be a bad thing - and also perhaps a sign that you're visiting the wrong country !!!

gaymandenmark
October 13th, 2012, 22:26
NIrish Guy, in some way I agree much with you, but I was not talking about gay couples versus str8 couples, and infact I don't think it has anything to do with that.
I don't see many straight thai couples holding hands, or showing other kinds of affection, while walking in the streets of Bangkok, am I just wrong and blind?

Captain Swing
October 14th, 2012, 05:05
Times have certainly changed , and quickly. When I first came to Thailand, two guys holding hands was perfectly acceptable, with no sexual connotation at all. Schoolboys on the street would do it. It meant they were friends, nothing more. After I met my BF, he would take my hand to safely usher me across me street, without a second thought. Nobody seeing us would have given it a second thought either. Kind of sad if that's no longer true.

October 14th, 2012, 06:23
When ever we cross the road my Thai bf allways holds my hand to take care of me
no body ever did that for me anywhere else in the world and i think its really nice

gaymandenmark
October 14th, 2012, 12:58
Captain and Blue, yes it is nice if your friends take your hand, when your are crossing Silom, even if I can cross the street of myself.
It is like helping a friend crossing the street, so nice and cute.
I would just like to say, that being in Silom Soi 2 and 4 and around is not the same as being in Bangkok, it is just a small part of this nice and wonderful city.

October 14th, 2012, 17:52
The whole "helping" you cross the street thing does my head in actually as whilst it's nice that your Thai friend takes the time to care etc it sometimes boarders on paranoid obsession with them, they either take your hand or shoo you across the road or repeatedly tell you to "be careful be CAREFUL' that I feel that I'm a six year old again being shepherded across the road by my mother as "apparently" walking across a plainly empty road or between huge gaps between cars is dangerous sometimes in their eyes - I mean how dare they, do they not know I've got the advancer street crosser badge in the tufty club !! lol

bombombom
October 14th, 2012, 21:36
Topic seems to be turned to another one, huh NIrish Guy? : )

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys. But I hope to be allowed to say something versus the тАШtender warningтАЩ from Gaymandenmark.

Dear Gaymandenmark, actually I just wanna hold my chubby friend hand sometime, not always or usually. I mean when walking through any deserted streets, perhaps I could not stop my feeling and grasp his hand tightly in a moment. Just to show him my affection about him.

I have never held any тАШpartnerтАЩ in my country streets. Never. The fact that I seem to be тАШboundтАЩ by my thought; act like a men, not showing your affection anywhere, except in bed ;)) But, the first time in Thai, and the first time in my life, my ThaiтАЩs chubby friend grasp my hand tightly when we were sitting in a taxi (We both look discreetly with the тАШmenlyтАЩ appearance : ) ). That is a very weird feeling, differently. The feeling I have never encountered before. I did not know the taxi driver recognized the situation or not. However, this feeling allow me to think another way, it тАШopensтАЩ me. And when he took me to the Silom MRT where I continue going to the airport, I did wanted to hold him in my arms, and kiss his chubby cheeks badly! Oh mine!!! And of course, for this moment, I had dreamt about someday I will walk with him in BKK streets, hand in hand sometimeтАж

Your explanation makes me get a little more understanding about Thai people. Nice outside behavior do not mean тАШno judgementтАЩ inside. I should act discreetly. Thank babe!