PDA

View Full Version : Good, Reliable barber in bangkok?

donald1
October 7th, 2012, 13:11
Does anyone have a referral for a reliable barber in Bangkok? I am NOT looking for a posh beauty salon for men;
I am looking for a good old fashioned barber shop that will..... besides cutting my hair and trimming my beard will look after
my eye brows, deep clean (scrape) the wax out of my ears (ouch) and end with a nice neck massage. Gay would be great
as I prefer to patronize the community, but not necessary.

I have a regular barber in Pattaya near Day/Night area that does the whole package, but I will be in Sukhumvit or Silom area in Bangkok before
heading to Pattaya on my next visit.

as always, Thanks in advance.

zinzone
October 7th, 2012, 14:51
Not really posh and despite the web site pretentions, u will get a barber; and the place is gay in the location u want:

http://cuteyandbeauty.com/

searcher
October 7th, 2012, 15:47
When in BKK my first way leads me to Cutey and Beauty. I have been a regular customer for years and I am always very happy with the service of khun PONG. He is a very polite and nice guy and a great and accurate barber. There is a very nice and relaxed athmosphere at this place. You get a cool towel, enjoy cof and some water and listen to classic music...Very polite guys and friendly smiles.

danny99
October 7th, 2012, 16:05
Same-Same!

I live in Bali but make regular visits to Bangkok and whenever possible I co-incide my visits with haircut needs to visit Pong at Cutey & Beauty. A 1st day in Bangok essential, every visit! They also offer excellent manicure and pedicure but I keep putting my hands under the cushion instead of on top of it...cannot help myself with those big smiling Isaan boys.

I did once try a local barber, always busy, upstairs opp. small internet cafe on Silom, between old Silom Complex and Dusit Thani.

The haircurt was atrocious, never again!

October 7th, 2012, 16:48
Go to Sala Deng BTS and walk out the exit at the Thaniya Plaza end straight into a multilevel shopping complex if you walk too far you will get to Cutey and Beauty so don't go that far before you leave that shopping complex there's a barber called Cheap Cuts or something like that on the right always populAar with farangs and only 100 baht.

pong
October 7th, 2012, 18:53
I am always very happy with the service of khun PONG.
thanks for this compliment-but its not me-just to state the obvious for most.
ANY Thai barbershop can deliver what U ask, but the lingo may stand a little in between-the msg is mostly free with any haircut.

cameroncat
October 21st, 2012, 08:41
You won't get any "Extra" service from Khun Pong. He's cute as a button but totally straight.

donald1
October 21st, 2012, 08:46
Thanks for the help guys.
Had my hair done there last week and I am very happy with the services offered by the place and Pong did a great job.
The "eye candy" is a bonus.
When I move to BKK later this year this will be my regular hair place.

searcher
October 21st, 2012, 16:32
You won't get any "Extra" service from Khun Pong. He's cute as a button but totally straight.
Don t want to go into details but how come you think he is "totally straight". I "dare" to disagree with you.....