PDA

View Full Version : Rains Come to Pattaya

bucknaway
October 6th, 2012, 03:44
Is the rain that bad? I think I will pack some rain-gear for myself and a friend.

October 6th, 2012, 07:46
yes seen some photos from Pattaya last night a friend sent me.....the streets are flooded......it looks like bkk last dec

netrix
October 6th, 2012, 10:26
rain's not that bad. last night was a big storm but that's rare. it's 10:25 am here now and everything's dry and sunny. one more month of "rainy season." buy a plastic raincoat at 7-11 and enjoy.

homeseeker
October 6th, 2012, 11:01
To say the rain is not bad is quite an opitimistic view. Overnight South Pattaya Road(tuk com) and other major areas had ankle deep conditions. It cleared fairly quickly , but maybe someone could post pictures of what it was like last night.
People caught or flooded by the rain will not appreciate the expression 'not bad'!

NickysGayPattaya
October 6th, 2012, 11:16
A friend of mine was caught at Soi Khor Phai and tried to come home on his motorbike when the rain finished. His motorbike conked out and he had to get off and walk it home. He said the water was over his knees (I don't think he was exaggerating). However as people have already said, this is rare, and clears quickly.

Having said all that, the forecast for this weekend is bad. With the tropical storm approaching and fronts heading this way, it could get VERY wet again. Add to that the fact the ground is already saturated and we may well see more flooding.

N

Alex303
October 6th, 2012, 14:00
The water in the main part of Boyztown was pretty deep last night as both myself & my 'date' for the night after leaving Funny Boys ended up trapped on the Terrace outside BBB...eventually when the rains eased up we rolled our jeans up & waded bare-foot back up the Soi to the main road & chanced it on a couple of taxi bikes back to Sansuk but the water was about half way up my calves & the taxi bikes were an 'interesting' ride home to say the least.

I'd agree with Firecat69's comments re: those 3 bars as they all have some very nice guys...find the main Mamasan in X-Boys a bit pushy though at times (a reminder of the days when both her & Mama Noi worked at Wild West!!).