PDA

View Full Version : The ol' jetski scam

arsenal
September 30th, 2012, 18:44
Pattaya One news has a story about how the city is making tremendous efforts to clean up the jetski scam. From what I understand this folows considerable pressure from the Indian, Russian and Chinese governments who got fed up with their citizens being ripped off. If that is true then all credit to them and shame on the British, US, Australia etc for doing nothing for years on end.

However, a thought here. Does the jetski scam actually affect anyone on this board? Probably not. Myself and my falang friends are far more likely to be sitting on the beach with some tea and biscuits than renting jetskis. Now this scam involves the BIB. If this scam is coming to an end then so is their lucrative sideline. They will not accept this. They will find another way to collect the income, and the replacement might involve you or me. Just a thought.

Marsilius
September 30th, 2012, 18:58
Attempting to levy a charge on you for chipping that tea cup?

arsenal
September 30th, 2012, 19:01
Marsillus: Ha ha. Yes, and for leaving biscuit crumbs on the beach.

Neal
September 30th, 2012, 19:02
Over the last week or two the one that always was the biggest bandit, the one closest to the police station and the guy probably as big as me or more has been sitting playing cards at the section 17 so hopefully he is out of business. Took a friend of mine maybe 6 -8 years ago for about 30,000 baht. I hope he has a great retirement if he is out of business. :evil4: