PDA

View Full Version : Chiang mai report

a447
September 30th, 2012, 16:16
Armed with the map the hotel provided, I went for a walk looking for a couple of the gay clubs. Unfortunately, i wasted over an hour searching as the map is not very detailed. In the end, I found nothing. I then went off to an internet cafe and managed to find the Circle Pub and Freeguys club very easily. They are , in fact, just around the corner hidden away is small sois not mentioned on the map. The location of the Gemini massage place, however, remains a complete mystery.
I wandered into the soi in front of my hotel - the Lotus- looking for a place to eat before hitting the bars. I stumbled across a restaurant just a few doors down from ther hotel called the Spirit House. It's run by a very friendly American guy. The restaurant itself has a beautiful garden with an ancient stupa. IThere is also a shop attached which has an eclectic collection of Thai artifacts and antiques.
The owner sat with me and went through the menu. He recommended noodles with chicken in a hot curry soup. It was absolutely delicious. I have decided to make a permanent booking at the table out front!
After dinner, I walked a few metres to the Adams Apple Club. It was only 8:45 but the guy out the front said it was open, so I went in. There was one guy sitting at the bar. I ordered a beer - 240 baht! Shit, that's a bit expensive, I thought. Especially as it was dead - nothing happening and no boys in sight. I went down to the toilet and was about to walk out the door when a guy who worked there struck up a conversation with me. He assured me things would liven up around 9:30 and told me about the show. "Can see lots of big cocks," he said.
I decided to stay.
At 9:30 about 15 boys appeared on stage just like a normal gogo boy club. They were mostly quite nice looking and some had rather prominent bulges in their jocks. But they didn't appear very interested and did not make eye contact.
Within no time, the bar filled up with customers - mainly Thais in groups. One boy I had my eye on went and sat with one of the groups. So he's gone for the night, I thought.
The show was ok - as promised, lots of hard cocks on display. I noticed that the guy I had spoken to was in the big cock show. Mmm...maybe I should have paid him more attention. But after the show, it was back to watching disinterested boys shuffling on stage. I decided to leave and went up to the counter to pay. Suddenly, the boy I had my eye on earlier came up to me and put his arm around me.
"Two beers, please," I said. "I'm not going anywhere!"
He sat with me and we talked for quite a while. He then suddenly got up and went away somewhere. I was looking around and saw him chatting to a guy at the bar. He was hugging him. He came back and said, "Sorry. I go with him. He off me." I was stunned. I thought I had made it clear I wanted him to come back to the hotel with me, although I stupidly didn't say it clearly enough; we were just talking and it came out in our conversation that I was interested.
So off he went. It was closing time - 12:00 pm - and I was suddenly in a panic. I had found myself going home alone! Horrors of horrors! As I walked downstairs I met up with the guy with the big cock.
I immediately offed him.
Back in the hotel he had a shower then walked out into the room with this beautiful piece of manhood hanging down to his knees - ok, a bit exaggerated perhaps. He bottomed for me and was fantastic.
After the deed we went outside and started talking out on the balcony. Well, we spent 3 hours out there chatting. He is very well educated and could talk about Thai and world politics, economics, the Royal family (he loves the king!) and gay life in the bar. What a revelation. I know, I know. What's he doing in a gay bar? Well, he has a day job and the bar is a bit of extra money.
He told me that there are only 2 Thai gogo boys - the rest are Thai Yai (Shan).
Tonbight I'm off to a different bar, but will probably go back to Adams Apple for him.
Will report tomorrow.

gaymandenmark
September 30th, 2012, 16:42
Quote from post above removed. Unnecessary

I like this kind of stories, who knows, but maybe you have just met a new friend. :happy7:

September 30th, 2012, 18:41
"He told me that there are only 2 Thai gogo boys - the rest are Thai Yai (Shan)."

Sounds like you're having fun - against my suggested advice of a life of probity and celibacy i see, TUT TUT !!! :-) lol

Re your above please excuse my stupidity - but what is a Thai Yai ( Shan) bar please as I don't know and thought I would educate myself a bit more about that by asking ?

Neal
September 30th, 2012, 18:50
Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe those are bars that mostly mountain boys work at.
Gemini Massage there is a map on thier card but not in Englishwww.geminimassage.net 053 404146 and 089 7580512 open 10 - 2 I liked it.

About Gemini

48/1 Gemini Hatsadisawee Rd., Chiang Mai (See Chiangmai Map 6D.)

Tel : (053) 404 146
Mobile : (089) 758 0512

I loved Free Guy so many manly men!!!
I did not like My Way, show was far too long and at times stupid. Every other one was drag and one a guy with a big cock came out and banged his dick on a string to the rythym of the song. Wow! Boring!

adman5000
October 1st, 2012, 07:58
I have visited CM twice and both times, most of my time was spent exploring the city and surrounding sights using a car/driver. When I did head out to the bars on my own, I found the atmosphere very different with minimal interaction with the staff. I visited each bar and never offed anyone. I got the strong impression they were not used to talking to or seeing Farangs. I sat in one bar quite a while wondering when someone was going to take my drink order. Just very very different than PTY or BKK. But I really enjoyed sxploring the city, enjoying the night market when they close the street off, the museums, the restaurants and Beer Gardens, and the nightly massage in the square outside> I never made it to any of the male massage places. I found it an awkward city to find your way around.

Oliver
October 1st, 2012, 08:24
I agree with Adman. I'm in Chiang Mai at the moment and having a good time, visiting waterfalls and mountains, wandering the markets and watching my boyfriend pray at every temple we see (that's lots!). I find his devotion touching.

However, one thing that this fascinating city doesn't offer is a commercial gay sex scene that is aimed at falangs. Last night, I slunk away for an hour and had a drink at the Garden Bar opposite Adam's Apple. Memories! fourteen years ago, it was hard to find a seat there. Fifty plus go go dancers. A real buzz. But once it closed, the scene, for me at least ended. The other bars never appealed.

BonTong
October 1st, 2012, 12:09
To find Gemini go here then click the link for a pop up map.
http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/chiang-mai-gay-guide/gay-massage-parlours-and-spas-in-chiang-mai/#gemini The entrance is small so can be hard to spot. It's next to a big drink wholesaler - see Google streetview pic below Gemini is the purple coloured building with the wooden archway entrance. It's a 10-15 minute walk from Lotus Hotel and roughly across the street from the New My Way soi. BTW Hot tip - if you are in that part of town be sure to visit Akha Ama coffee http://www.akhaama.com/. It's in the same soi as New My Way (at the other end and other side). Great coffee and a popular hang out for gay ex-pats. The owner, Lee, is a delightful young Akha guy.

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?size=400x400&location=18.802552,%2098.981011&fov=90&heading=75&pitch=10&sensor=false

Both Free Guy and Circle Pub can be hard to find in the daytime as they are both hidden away. At night they both roll a big illuminated sign out into the main street which is easy to spot.

And sorry to be pedantic but it's Tai Yai not THAI Yai. Tai referring to the Tai ethnic group of people, and Tai meaning big, or greater Tai. Nearly all the working guys in Chiang Mai's Go-Gos are Tai Yai as I think a447 already discovered. Though New My Way has a few Lisu boys too.

a447
October 1st, 2012, 13:28
I went to the Circle Pub at 8:45. Went in and sat down in the semi darkness. Not a customer or a boy in sight. I ordered a beer (220 baht, I think) and suddenly a very handsome boy came out of nowhere and sat with me. His name is Aek. He flashed a beautiful smile. Instant hard-on. (Me, not him!) "I in shower show. Have number 1 big cock in bar," he proclaimed. Suddenly he became even more attractive. But sitting there with no other customers, no boys and, of course, too early for a show, I decided to leave and go to Free Guy.
I went inside and, surprise of surprises, I was the only customer. A few disinterested boys were sitting about but not many. I ordered a Heineken (240 baht, I think) and sat there for about 30 mins watching the big video screen. "Mmm..time to go to Adam's Apple," I began thinking. Then the manager came up to me with a book of photos of the non-existant boys. "They come later," he said. I spotted a handsome boy in the photo and commented on him. "He good boy. He do everything. Can fuck him. He come later."
Then an extremely handsome boy came and sat with me. He spoke very good English. But the manager told me later he was already taken.
He went to get something to eat and suddenly the boy I saw in the photo album came and sat with me, told to do so by the boss I imagine. What a disappointment - he was full-on fem. Not my type. But I didn't know how to tell him I was not interested. he sat and massaged my hands for a while then he got the hint and left.
The show started late, as there was only 1 other customer. By the end of the show - lots of hard cock, but uninspiring - the customers had swelled to 5. The guy who had gone to eat then introduced me to his brother. He was a bit of a cutie, so he sat with me and I offed him.
Back in the room we started drinking and chatting. He showered and got into bed. When I came out of the shower he was laying there with a beautiful long hard cock waiting for me. But when it came down to the serious business, I was a bit disappointed that he would not sa-moke me without a condom. Now from his point of view, I understand completely. I'd do the same in his position. But this is only the third time a boy has insisted on a condom.
I'm now off to try and find Gemini massage. Thanks, guys, for the help. I hope I can report on it later.

October 1st, 2012, 15:49
Me and my bf....had a week in Chiang mai last year...we stayed at Club one seven ...very nice place....some of the best staff service i've ever had anywhere....but only down side is its quiet far from the bars and had to take long tuk tuk ride's everywhere....The city is great and really liked the zoo...i found the bar scean a bit dissapointing..if you are used to bkk and pattaya..... i was lucky having a thai bf....it is much easier him talking to people for directions than i would
the bars are not together like other sceans so you have to keep going on little jouneys to find each one ,so some of the bars hard to find.
and we kept joking about how expensive the drinks are in some of the bars
it is good for massage places...i can recomend the one we tried...The Blue's Club ....very cute guys there
Over all Chaing mai is a very nice place to visit.....but my tip would be bring a boy with you and then if all else fail's you've got each other ha ha

Thai Dyed
October 1st, 2012, 16:18
BTW Hot tip - if you are in that part of town be sure to visit Akha Ama coffee http://www.akhaama.com/. It's in the same soi as New My Way (at the other end and other side). Great coffee and a popular hang out for gay ex-pats. The owner, Lee, is a delightful young Akha guy.

On the whole I have always found Chiang Mai to be too spread out for comfort. I like a city where I can walk almost everywhere I want to go. But Bon Tong, you have really turned my head by mentioning this Akha Ama Coffee place. I have just read your link to their site and am impressed beyond belief. Thank you very much for calling this fantastic shop to my attention. If I visit Chiang Mai again, it might be only to see this place. Is there some pleasant hotel or guesthouse nearby from which I could walk to Akha Ama Cafe?

P.S. Also just read about your own amazing cafe. Now there are two reasons to visit Chiang Mai again! OMG... that pizza!!!

a447
October 1st, 2012, 19:37
I finally found Gemini Massage - follow the map, stupid! It was actually easy to find.
I walked in and was greeted by a woman who then called a boy down from upstairs. He was kind of cute. We went upstairs where we showered (not together) and then I lay down waiting for the action. He seemed very shy. I asked him some questions in Thai - I've only got 3 so far; How are you? What's your name? and Where you from? (I'm working feverishly on trying to learn a fourth to keep the conversation buzzing along). He only gave one syllable answers.
His massage technique was...er...basic. Just squeezing my legs and arms. He took off his towel at my request.
He finally made it to my cock and again, his technique was basic. I asked him to sa-moke me but he wouldn't. So I sa-moked him. He had a very nice, thick cock. After he had serviced me I asked him to chuck-wow for me. He didn't seem very happy but he did it anyway.
All in all, not the best experience. Still, maybe if I had have gone later - in the evening, perhaps - they would have had a greater choice of boys and things may have been better.
And as mentioned above, I think the Chiang Mai guys just are not used to dealing with farangs, unlike BKK and Pattaya.
Oh, and while I'm at it, I will NEVER again complain about the cost of drinks in BKK and Pattaya. Even water here is 220~240 baht!
The guy I offed last night wants to go to the New My Way bar. Obviously, there is something in it for him - maybe his friend is working there. But having read a few negative reviews, I think I'll head back to Adams Apple and off the guy I met on the first night.

October 1st, 2012, 20:24
You're certainly right about the CM drinks prices, a447.

I remember a few years ago I went in to Adams Apple, (which I found pretty boring incidentally), and being handed a drinks price list which shocked my friend and myself - so we decided that their listed price for a bottle of Whisky seemed more like the price we were used to paying in Pattaya, and was a much better option than buying individual drinks.

Yeah, smart move - until they brought the "bottle" - it was a half bottle :sign5:

Halfhansum
October 2nd, 2012, 00:15
Seems very steep for drink prices .. Do Thai customers pay the same ?>

October 2nd, 2012, 01:56
Adam's Apple puts on a solid show with several very good-looking guys. Sunday is free of the ladyboy acts if you don't enjoy. Prices are about the same as at the other show bars. Free popcorn sometimes, while you would pay 60 baht at Free Guy for potato chips or peanuts. I am more attracted to the staff at Adam's Apple & Free Guy than at New My Way or Circle, but everyone has their own taste.

One ugly, obese expat who is a nightly fixture at Adam's Apple does remind me of the fact that the staff would do anyone for money. He waddles over from the Garden Bar, gropes every guy within reach during the show, and then waddles back to the Garden Bar for more action. Anyway, my point is "Safety First" people! The bar workers aren't virgins. They have been with many other creeps. I'm glad to hear one of them insisted on using protection!

The link in DaBoss's post for Gemini is missing a hyphen. This link takes you to Gemini's map: http://www.gemini-massage.net/geminimap.php (Bontong's map is also great for many other Chiang Mai attractions!). I would recommend outcall from Gemini as the facilities aren't maintained so well. The top floor can be quite hot if the air conditioning hasn't been on for awhile. Did you find that the smell of their towels suggests a lack of soap and/or bleach during laundry?

And sorry to be pedantic but it's Tai Yai not THAI Yai. Tai referring to the Tai ethnic group of people, and Tai meaning big, or greater Tai.

To be pedantic... there is a typo in the above quote for the fourth use of "Tai" (should be "Yai").

October 2nd, 2012, 06:02
...if the air conditioning hasn't been on for awhile...

To be pedantic, it should be "for a while".

"Awhile" is an adverb meaning "for a while" - the word "for" is already built-in.
Therefore, by writing "for awhile" you have actually used the word "for" twice - effectively "for for a while" - which is entirely, and quite obviously incorrect.

:bootyshake:

gaymandenmark
October 2nd, 2012, 09:56
Why not try something different http://yokkadok.webs.com/ it is friendly and funny, no host, no gogo, but funny crusing and chat, just a nice place with gay owners, I really enjoy this place, and the people going there. Not expensive at all.

October 2nd, 2012, 11:53
The board rules are clear on trolling: trolling-t21992.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/trolling-t21992.html)

"can generally be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the message board by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Forum trolls are users that repeatedly and deliberately...

From a "moderator" no less!

You're certainly right about the CM drinks prices, a447.

I remember a few years ago I went in to Adams Apple, (which I found pretty boring incidentally), and being handed a drinks price list which shocked my friend and myself - so we decided that their listed price for a bottle of Whisky seemed more like the price we were used to paying in Pattaya, and was a much better option than buying individual drinks.

Yeah, smart move - until they brought the "bottle" - it was a half bottle :sign5:

"drinks prices"

should be "drink prices"

The above is called a "run-on sentence" with a variety of punctuation and style errors. Some of the errors are:

- "in to" should be "into"
- "Adams" should be "Adam's"
- Perhaps using a set of commas and a set of parentheses for the same parenthetical expression is fashionable in the moderator's neck of the woods, but it is redundant, non-standard and awkward.
- Another example of awkwardness would be to write "drinks price list" instead of menu or drink menu.

After the first run-on sentence, the moderator then starts a new paragraph with another run-on sentence (even though the content of the new paragraph is still on the same topic as the previous paragraph).

a447
October 2nd, 2012, 12:11
I wandered down Sleaze Alley behind the night bazaar, full of trepidation. I first went into Secrets. There were about 10 or so guys, but they were all watching t.v., playing games on their mobiles or playing pool. Eventually a guy came and sat with me but he was not my type. Beer 70 baht. There was only 1 other customer. The boys looked a bit rough, as I expected. Kind of a cross between the guys at Natureboy and Goodboys, if you get my drift.
I then moved on to the CU bar next door. I ordered a beer (70 baht) and the waiter came and sat with me. He was a nice guy who spoke English quite well. He is also going to school to learn Korean. He was certainly not rough in any way. He was from Chiang Rai. Although he was not totally my type, I did consider offing him but didn't. There were 3 other customers but only 2 boys working.
I headed back to Adam's Apple. As before, there were around 15 customers and many had boys sitting with them. The show was basically the same as before. The guy who performs the Spiderman act - just hanging from the ceiling, dressed up with his cock on display, turns out to be a guy called Beer. I had my eye on him last time because he is very handsome and now I know he has an enormous cock. But he didn't make any eye contact and seemed a bit bored with it all. Always a warning sign. When my off from the other night appeared on stage, I immediately waved at him and decided to get in early and off him. Sorry, Northirishguy, but celibacy is not an option for me. :sign5:
This guy is truely unique, at least in my experience. He seems to know everything about everything and his English vocab is incredible. He has an excellent memory and was using words I taught him a couple of days ago.
Not only that, but the air conditioner in my room was iced up and not working. No problem. He fixed it and now it works perfectly! As he was fixing it, he was explaining the procedures in English, using lots of technical words! Turns out he works during the day as an air conditioning repairman!
He told me he did Muay Thai for 7 years (that explains his beautiful body) and explained it all to me. I told him I thought it was barbaric (or words to that effect), especially when kids fight, but he has a different view, of course, and we agreed to disagree. We come from different worlds and I will never understand that "sport."
BTW the Garden Bar at the Lotus was quite busy last night. As I stood talking to my guy on the balcony we saw a couple of Shan freelancers walk by below with customers. The lights were still on at 2am. Might give it a go tonight and report back later.
Shit! On second thoughts, maybe I won't, having just read masurui's comments! Oops...sorry. That should be a capital "M." :sign5:

searcher
October 2nd, 2012, 14:21
Masurui..........a retired primary school teacher with much time on his hand?

October 2nd, 2012, 15:23
Masurui, you have just demonstrated in spades, the reason I picked you up on your criticism of Bon Tong's spelling.

Instead of just admitting that you made your own mistake while pointing out a minor spelling error in Bon Tong's post, you go back to a previous post of my own and nitpick it.

"Pedantic" is too small a word to describe such behavious - "obsessive" ought to be included somewhere.

:occasion9:

a447
October 2nd, 2012, 19:39
Oh, and did I mention that the guy produced one of the biggest cumshots of all time? Let me tell you. getting cum out of someone's hair is no easy task!
And although off topic, run down to your local magazine shop and grab a copy of the latest DARK naked edition. The accompanying dvd is HOT!!

pong
October 2nd, 2012, 19:41
possible explanation to a447-thanks for your detailed reports anyway, its clearly superlow trough of low season- of the non-Thai by your ''masseur'' was that he was a genuine mountianboy/hilltribey or whatever you like to call him, for whom Thai may also very well be 2nd, 3d or 4th language.
I had a near same-same experience last week in Madrid in a well known sauna there with the endless variety of South-Americans ''working'' there.
BonTong also posts regularly on other of the well-known fora about his eternal love for the hilltribes, notably the Shan/Karen/TaiYai, etc. I do appreciate his never ending explanations, but I (also having had a few of those boys too many, am afraid, plus my usual scepticism) then tend to ''for the sake of honest facts'' tend to likemto show the negative that also is very prevalent.

a447
October 3rd, 2012, 14:27
One ugly, obese expat who is a nightly fixture at Adam's Apple does remind me of the fact that the staff would do anyone for money. He waddles over from the Garden Bar, gropes every guy within reach during the show, and then waddles back to the Garden Bar for more action.

He is a regular who is extremely generous with his tips. That's why the boys sit with him. He pay 500 to 1000 baht after he has had a good feel of the boy. He changes boys through the night. He is even more generous if he offs a boy. Watching him grope the boys and pull down their jocks when they are stage is a bit off. I didn't think Adam's Apple was that kind of bar. Having said that, I guy came and sat with me last night in a dark corner at the bar and put his hand on my cock. He then grabbed my hand and placed it in his jocks. But I still don't get the impression that it is a sleazy place at all. Not many customers last night so the boys are getting desperate maybe.

The first night I went there I was totally ignored for most of the evening- no smiles, no eye contact, no nothing. Now I must be considered a "regular" as last night lots of boys came up to say hello. I offed my usual guy. As I said, he is very informative. He told me he trained as a monk for 9 days. He said monks are allowed to have sex, but they are not allowed to cum....lol. He said that if a young monk has a wet dream, then he must go to the head monk and squat (not sit) in front of him and confess. The head monk then encourages his not to have wet dreams! WTF???

October 3rd, 2012, 14:57
Chiang Mai's "ugly, obese expat" tipping 500/600B sounds a delight - compared to the fat guy with the ill-fitting blond wig who goes round the Sunee gogo bars.

This character buys one drink, walks up to the stage, calls the boys forward one at a time, gropes the boy, pulls the boy's cock out, fondles it, sucks it 6 times, then tips him 20B before moving on to the next boy on the stage - all in public view.

Once he has been round all the boys on stage who are willing to indulge him (generally, the fem boys don't play his game), he moves on to the next bar and repeats the performance.

:occasion9:

a447
October 4th, 2012, 20:49
Today I went to 2Brothers massage. It's quite a classy place, apparently just renovated. You take off your shoes and step up into the entrancr/bar. I was not given a choice of boy_ I already had my eye on a couple lazing about out front. I was led upstairs and into the massage room. It was small but very clean and modern. After my shower Boy (his name) got down to business. He took his clothes off to reveal a beautiful body and nice, but not particularly big) cock. He sa-moked me and then chuck wowed over my stomach. Not a very strong cumshots (unlike my boy from Adams Apple who holds his hand in front of his exploding cock to prevent hitting his face)
Simple. massage 450 baht, tip 1000 baht. (they suggest 600baht, but he was kind of cute so I was a bit generous)
Located just around the corner from Le. M├йridien Hotel

joe552
October 5th, 2012, 00:44
After my shower Boy (his name) got down to business. He took his clothes off to reveal a beautiful body and nice, but not particularly big) cock. He sa-moked me and then chuck wowed over my stomach. Not a very strong cumshots (unlike my boy from Adams Apple who holds his hand in front of his exploding cock to prevent hitting his face)

That's all very well but how was the massage? :occasion9:

a447
October 6th, 2012, 17:04
Thursday was my last night in Chiang Mai, so I wandered across to Adams Apple as per usual. The guy I have been offing every night, a guy called Mai, came up to me and put his arms around me. I told him I would not be offing him, as I had to get up early to catch my plane. I usually offed him after the first show - around 11:30 - and we would stay up chatting till around 2:30am. He was ok with that and, luckily, got an off for the night by a Thai guy.
The clientele at the bar is totally unlike pattaya. Lots of Thai guys, who Mai said are very rich and so can afford the drink prices. Also quite a few young customers who come in pairs. Most customers seem to open a bottle of something or other.

Lots of boys came up and chatted. One put his hand on his cock and - horrors!- he had a mook. Wait! I could feel another one. He was putting pressure on me to off him but I kept saying no. He followed me downstairs to the toilet and took out his cock and showed me how the 2 mooks move around under the skin. Yuk!

All in all, I would not recommend Chiang Mai as a gay destination, especially if you have been to Pattaya. The scene is totally different and the choice is very limited. But if you do decide to go, visit Adams Apple and off Mai. He's worth it just to experience the most powerful and explosive cumshot you'll every see. Guaranteed! And, as I mentioned above, he was awesome in bed. BTW the most handsome guy in the bar is Beer - but he is so popular that you virtually have to book ahead. He plays Spiderman in the show (a show of mainly just big cocks on display and guys hanging from the ceiling) and exhibits a massive hard-on.
The old sleaze bucket, one of the boys told me, gets cheap drinks (100 baht) because he spends so much money there. And he is the only customer who is allowed to take guys to the toilet and chuck-wow them. God only knows what he pays them, but one cute guy went to the toilet with him 3 times in 1 hour, I was told!
I am now in pattaya, but this time I will not have much to report as I will probably not be bar hopping. I've met up with the guy i offed every night in July and I will just stick with him. He's everything a gay guy could wish for - and more. Masculine-looking, great body, kind, shy, polite, affectionate, etc etc. Oh, and did I mention his HUGE cock and his sa-moking technique?? And best of all, he just LOVES bottoming.

Last night I got caught in the flooding. I've never experienced anything like it in my life, and had to walk back barefoot to the hotel, wading through knee deep water. I guess a lot of farangs were left stranded in the bars - not a bad option - but I took the chance of wading barefoot, hoping I would not step on glass. Tonight I'll be wearing rubber thongs and carrying my plastic poncho I bought from 7/11. We actually got back to the hotel without getting our clothes wet.

homeseeker
October 6th, 2012, 17:51
"I would not recommend Chiang Mai as a gay destination"

-Agree with that. The place suits the likes of retired primary school teachers.

:laughing3:

searcher
October 6th, 2012, 18:47
a447: Thanks for your very interesting report. .....but please tell me what is a "MOOK"? I ain t an English native speaker and my dictionary "refuses "to give me an answer.....!

[I understand it's a bead or series of beads inserted (surgically, but not professionally!) under the skin of the cock. OUCH!]

Jellybean
October 6th, 2012, 22:01
IтАЩve enjoyed reading your reports on your trip up to Chiang Mai a447.

I think IтАЩve been to Chiang Mai three times, the first being for 6 weeks as I attended my first Thai language school тАУ AUA near the famous Thapae Gate.

During my first visit I too stayed at the Lotus, which was going to be quite expensive for 6 weeks. When I told my fellow classmates how much I would be paying they thought I was mad and two of them recommended the guesthouse they were lodging at, a small and newly refurbished guest house nearer the school, which attracted many students and back-packers. Happily the Lotus did not hold me to my booking and after 5-7 days I moved out. If I remember correctly I was troubled by mosquitoes at the Lotus and, despite asking them to spray my room, I was still badly bitten, so yet another reason for moving on. The guesthouse was a fraction of the price; it had a TV, fridge, toilet & shower and, unfortunately, a single bed, so not exactly suitable for the short time gay tourist.

Over six weeks I visited the bars frequently and met many boys, several of whom I would say were quite stunning. My favourite bar (not that there was much of a choice) was Free Guy Bar. AdamтАЩs Apple was closed at the time. I got to know it on my second and third visits. I did get the impression that the bars were geared more towards the locals rather than visiting farang. There were a couple of times where I thought IтАЩd offтАЩd a boy only to find he was called away and went off with a Thai (presumably, regular) customer. But as I had time on my hands I was usually able to off the boy on a later date.

My second and third visits were to see s┼Пng-graan (water festival) and to meet up with a boy whom IтАЩd met on the Internet and chatted to over a period of weeks. So when I arrived I was expecting to see this cute little soldier, (IтАЩd only seen one photo of him in uniform with his cap on) but what I actually saw was this great, bald Shrek look-a-like who was far taller and broader than IтАЩd been led to believe from his profile. I wonтАЩt go into what happened next, itтАЩs too long a story and makes me shiver to think about it even now!

Anyway, I would agree that I would not necessarily recommend Chiang Mai as a gay destination, certainly if you havenтАЩt yet experienced Pattaya or Bangkok. But, if youтАЩve never been or you simply fancy a change then I would say at least give it a try and form your own opinion.

Khor tose
October 7th, 2012, 13:23
This Chiang Mai expat wishes to compliment you both on your very astute observations. No Chiang Mai is not like Pattaya or Bangkok and it is not the scene for expats looking to fuck or to get fucked by every boy in Thailand straight or not. However, if you are actually into making connection with gay Thais and forming relationships, this is the place for you. There are literally hundreds of great gay boys in Chiang Mai who are not into selling themselves and eager to meet and settle down with a nice expat. I am truly sorry you did not meet any of them, but of course you have to be looking for these guys outside of a go-go bar or massage parlor.

Don't get me wrong, we welcome you visitors to our city and appreciate you keeping the shan boys happy, While, I in no way mean this to be a personal comment, we also welcome you leaving.

October 7th, 2012, 13:36
we also welcome you leaving.
Well I never!! Please come, give our Shang boys some spending money, and then get the fuck out! Unbelievable! :nunu:

Brad the Impala
October 7th, 2012, 15:10
You also have to be wary in Chiang Mai of gay expats who act so superior to self acknowledged sex tourists, that they are unable to recognise that they are behaving just the same themselves!

However, if you are actually into making connection with gay Thais and forming relationships, this is the place for you. There are literally hundreds of great gay boys in Chiang Mai who are not into selling themselves and eager to meet and settle down with a nice expat. I am truly sorry you did not meet any of them, but of course you have to be looking for these guys outside of a go-go bar or massage parlor.

I firmly believe that all of us, who are not cheap charlies and appreciate what these boys bring to our lives, need to step up more often and show our appreciation for their ministrations. I don't know about you, but I find they are keeping me young and still looking to the future. No medicine I know of can do that> So what price can you put upon what they do for us.

Seaman Pub is a great addition to Chiang Mai nightlife being a thai gay disco, with show, coyote boys, guys of all type and description and class. Good from 11pm till about 3am

a447
October 7th, 2012, 20:12
Khor tose, you're hilarious!
Oh, and a hypocrite, too.
We'll spotted, Brad.

October 7th, 2012, 20:35
Not a fan of CM - but the Semen Pub sounds like the place to be.

There used to be a similar bar in Sunee Plaza.

:party

Rene
October 7th, 2012, 21:40
...it is not the scene for expats looking to fuck or to get fucked by every boy in Thailand straight or not.

Who are you to tell people what they can and can't do in Chiang Mai? What a pompous fool you are. Tuck your tail feathers between your legs and waddle back to your convent Mother Superior.

gaymandenmark
October 7th, 2012, 22:08
I would maybe have chosen some other words than Khor tose, but when we look at the bottom line, he is right.
The gay scene in Chiang Mai is in general, just so different from Pattaya and some parts of Bangkok and also more spread out.
So if your dream of a gay holiday is the kind like in Pattaya, you will probably be disappointed, and should maybe skip it,
but it is a great gay destination for me.
Each to his own.

October 7th, 2012, 23:59
Oh my my I have to disagree!
I enjoy the fun and excitement as well as the calm of Chaing Mei as well as Pattaya. I went to a few of the bars where there were many boys as well as a massage parlor.
While I enjoy Pattaya, I also enjoyed Chaing Mei bars/massage parlor and boys very much!

BonTong
October 8th, 2012, 16:39
I would not recommend Chiang Mai as a gay destination
This statement is like saying I canтАЩt recommend eating any fruit whatsoever because I tried Durian and didnтАЩt like the smell :idea1:

You proffer your opinion of Chiang Mai as a тАЬGay DestinationтАЭ after going into great details of the houses of prostitution you visited and the prostitutes you hired. Yet you never once mention going to any of the places where real gay Thais meet or of having met any gay people not involved in prostitution. If youтАЩd said itтАЩs not a destination you would recommend for gay sex tourists IтАЩd happily agree with you, but as a тАЬgay destinationтАЭ Chiang Mai has a lot going for it, you just wonтАЩt find it in go-go bars or massage parlours.

My observations are not meant to be judgemental; commercial sex venues provide a service that has a role to play, including in Chiang Mai, and tourists are very welcome to come and enjoy (as we who live here do occasionally too :8( ). But, mainstream gay they certainly arenтАЩt. Especially when you consider the dream of most of the straight Tai Yai guys working in Chiang MaiтАЩs sex industry is to be befriended by a rich Thai lady, you can understand how non-gay the business actually is.

A further thought on this thread is that people living in glass houses shouldnтАЩt throw stones. It seems hypocritical in the extreme to describe oneтАЩs own encounters with prostitutes in graphic details, yet denigrate other farangs for engaging in the same. The descriptions of waddling Mr тАЬugly obeseтАЭ and the тАЬold sleaze bucketтАЭ from the toilets accurately describe two well know local residents, that many people here will knowтАжтАжтАж.

The scene is totally different and the choice is very limited.

My advice to anyone visiting Chiang Mai would be find some gay friends to show you round and take you to the places gay ThaiтАЩs go to. Seeman Pub has been mentioned already and itтАЩs a great venue, but there are plenty of others. There is no gay ghetto here (except maybe in the minds of some Farangs), gay people happily enjoy mixed and straight venues too and there is an abundance of great choices for restaurants, bars and live music venues.

a447
October 8th, 2012, 19:27
Hi Bongy,

You proffer your opinion of Chiang Mai as a тАЬGay DestinationтАЭ after going into great details of the houses of prostitution you visited and the prostitutes you hired.

Yes, exactly, as that is what i do. I hire prostitutes because, as I have mentioned often on this forum, I am a sex tourist. So I see things and describe my activities as a sex tourist, not as someone who has come to Thailand looking for love or a partner outside the "scene." That is why I do not see CM as a gay destination for sex tourists such as myself.

But, mainstream gay they certainly arenтАЩt.

Although i have not been involved outside the scene, I have no reason to doubt that.

It seems hypocritical in the extreme to describe oneтАЩs own encounters with prostitutes in graphic details, yet denigrate other farangs for engaging in the same.

I certainly did not do that. My "own encounters" happened in the bedroom in private, which is totally different to what happens in a bar in front of all the boys and customers. Hardly "the same." As I said above, Adam's Apple is not that kind of sleazy bar. If Mr sleaze wants to do that, he should pop down to Nature Boy in Bangkok or Goodboys in Pattaya. I'm sure there are others. It was patently obvious that some of boys didn't like it and were either pushing his had away (with a smile, of course) or covering up their genitals. Others on the catwalk were facing the other way so he couldn't get at them.

The descriptions of waddling Mr тАЬugly obeseтАЭ and the тАЬold sleaze bucketтАЭ from the toilets accurately describe two well know local residents, that many people here will knowтАжтАжтАж.

Well, seeing how he behaves in public without even trying to disguise or hide his activities, he'd hardly be offended at being referred to here. He obviously doesn't care if people see him. Anyone who behaves like that deserves to be criticised in public. Afterall his activities occur in public.
And as you say, he's already well known, so I haven't blown anyone's cover. Also, I only referred to Mr Sleaze.

there is an abundance of great choices for restaurants, bars and live music venues.
Yes, I agree with you on that.

gaymandenmark
October 8th, 2012, 19:40
Oh my my I have to disagree!
I enjoy the fun and excitement as well as the calm of Chaing Mei as well as Pattaya. I went to a few of the bars where there were many boys as well as a massage parlor.
While I enjoy Pattaya, I also enjoyed Chaing Mei bars/massage parlor and boys very much!

On what do you dissagree?
That the gay scene in Chiang Mai is different than in Pattaya in general?
I did not wrote that there are no commercial gayscene like go-go bars and massage parlors, in-fact there are quite a few massage parlors, even with a connected bar, where you are not expected to necessarily have massage or happy endings or off anyone.
Or do you dissagree with me, that the gaysbars, commercial and non-commercial, are more spread out?

Thank you btw BonTong for your post, I agree 100% with you, and I think it is a shame, if people only go to the commercial bars when visiting Chiang Mai.

October 8th, 2012, 19:47
I never said that visiting the sex bars and massage parlours was the only thing I ever did so dont put words in my mouth. I mentioned the zoo, elephant trekking, visiting the palace and the gardens of the Queen and many other things to do and see in Chaing Mei, so f... off.

gaymandenmark
October 8th, 2012, 19:52
Yes, exactly, as that is what i do. I hire prostitutes because, as I have mentioned often on this forum, I am a sex tourist. So I see things and describe my activities as a sex tourist, not as someone who has come to Thailand looking for love or a partner outside the "scene." That is why I do not see CM as a gay destination for sex tourists such as myself.

Sorry but I really don't get it.
You admit that you are a sextourist, and hire males prostitutes, peace with that, I have nothing against it, been there done it.
Did you not do that every night in CM?
At the same time you say that CM is not at gay destination for people like you.
Did you not get what you wanted up there?

a447
October 8th, 2012, 20:29
gaydenmark wrote:
Did you not do that every night in CM?

Yes.

Did you not get what you wanted up there?

Well, obviously not. That's exactly why I said it wasn't a gay destination (for sex tourists). There just isn't the same number and variety of bars you find in Pattaya and Bangkok. Mind you, I was warned beforehand so I wasn't really all that surprised. Bong's blog came in very handy in this regard.
Also, 4 of the 5 bars i visited had guys dressed in jeans and shirts. I don't go to bars for that. I can see that on the street any time.
But Adam's Apple across the street from my hotel was great - just would have like to be able to go somehwere different.

I think it is a shame, if people only go to the commercial bars when visiting Chiang Mai.

How people spend their holidays is no one else's business. If tourists only go to commercial bars, then they don't think it's a shame. It is their holiday, afterall. Having said that, however, CM was very interesting during the day, with lots of tours on offer. But I'd already been to CM quite a while ago and did all that stuff. I revisited Doi Sutep and enjoyed wandering into the wats in the old city. I also went to a Hmong village, but it turned out to be just one big shopping mall. I wanted to go on a river cruise but they wouldn't do it for only one person. Well, they would if I was willing to pay 900 baht. I decided to return the next day but, being low season, I was the only one yet again. You walk through an amazing temple to get to the pier, so all was not lost.
I also had the best ever panaeng curry in a restaurant/bar in a soi just off the main drag, across fronm the Meridien hotel.
And massage, whilst hit and miss, is also available during the day.
Don't get me wrong; I am not rubbishing CM as a tourist destination. I'm rubbishing it as a sex tourist destination, that's all.
I'd love to go back again, but this time I would take some advice given here previously - take a boy with you.

BonTong
October 8th, 2012, 21:05
Adam's Apple is not that kind of sleazy bar. :sign5: Are you serious? Are we talking the same Adam's Apple here? The one I know is famed for it's boy scouts show, and a lot worse. Admittedly, not so frequently now but, on a good night with the right crowd....

As I stated before, I'm not being judgmental and have no problem whatsoever with the sex tourist thing (plenty of my friends here have businesses that depend on it!) I hope you do come back again and try out some of the cities other entertainment attractions. There is a lot of fun to be had here, but most of the good places you need to go with Thai friends to really enjoy. You may also be surprised how many gay Thai bottoms here are happy just to get a good seeing to and aren't looking for money at all. :8(

I only referred to Mr SleazeOr so you think, but in this thread (not just from you) the behaviour of more than one person has been identifiably described. As I'm ever conscious that defamation is a criminal offence in Thailand I'll refrain from elaborating.

jolyjacktar
October 8th, 2012, 21:32
Dont care about what anyone says, i love ChaingMai as a Gay destination. I find enough boys there to enjoy a holiday. Also for me its more layed back and chilled to the other gay destinations in Thailand. Never been the one for sea and sand too much its lovely to hire a car and go up to the mountains in the cooler air. I still visit other Gay places such as Pattaya but always have prefered Chaing mai

Brad the Impala
October 8th, 2012, 22:40
I only referred to Mr SleazeOr so you think, but in this thread (not just from you) the behaviour of more than one person has been identifiably described. As I'm ever conscious that defamation is a criminal offence in Thailand I'll refrain from elaborating.

Why would you want to elaborate anyway?

October 9th, 2012, 04:46
The bring your own boy comment astounds me but as I have said before I took some boys to different restuarants, elephant trekking, 4 wheel off road riding and raft riding as well as the Queen and Kings Palace and saw the gardens. the zoo as well as a host of other things. Dare say that I also had plenty of fun visiting different bars such as Free Guy and others. Saw shows that started off fully clothed and then went to without shirt and naked ones. I took plenty of boys upstairs for fun and also vsited Gemini Massage where again we used the facilities upstairs. zi don't consider myself a sex tourist but then I am not a celibate one person man and enjoy home life with one person.

I found the city lay back and spread out but I found a host of things to do and a wealth of boys to have a great time with. Again, the bring your own boy comment absolutely astounds me but then again so does this attitude of that this town is so prim and proper. Maybe its that some people want to keep this city a treasure trove to themselves and hide it from others. Who knows why, ask them as there were a wealth of places to have fun and a wealth of people up there having fun.

October 9th, 2012, 05:17
Thanks for your detailed reports, a447! I am already missing a couple of the places you wrote about (e.g., I've had two great massages at 2Brothers with "Boy").

Although it seems like you found plenty of action in Chiang Mai, I agree with your opinion on Chiang Mai for a sex tourist. Plenty of tourist activities there; however, if sex is at the top of someone's list, go to Pattaya or Bangkok instead!

gaymandenmark
October 9th, 2012, 06:31
why masurui, I have had just as much and easy sex in Chiang Mai as in Pattaya or Bangkok, if that was on my agenda, some years ago, I behaved as one of the biggest butterflies up there, and it was not unmentioned :glasses7:

I think many on this thread are talking past each other because we have different views of what a vacation should include.
For me Chiang Mai include the best of two worlds.

I also have to admit, that I now has known some of the guys for long as friends, and therefore almost normally is invited into a group of thai gayguys, sisters and other familymembers in CM, that in private, invites me to coffee, drinks, parties and dinners in their own rooms, apartments and even in their small houses.

One time I was even invited to a graduating class celebration in one of their Universities, but I am sorry I did not make it, because of to much hangover.

Of course I love Thailand for the handsome boys, but I also love the country because of the experiences I have had in CM.
I have never experiensed that in Pattaya, and that is also why I say that the gayscenes are different.

BonTong
October 9th, 2012, 08:41
I found the city lay back and spread out but I found a host of things to do and a wealth of boys to have a great time with. Again, the bring your own boy comment absolutely astounds me but then again so does this attitude of that this town is so prim and proper. Anyone who's visited the Thai Red Light district in Santitham, Chang Puek's late night Karaoke bars, some of the Kamtieng bars, Suan Luang, or Chiang Mai Land late at night could never form the impression this town is prim and proper. :8(

The key to having fun in Chiang Mai is having friends to enjoy it with. Nearly all the fun Thai bars I would only go to with Thai friends, most would be no fun otherwise. Yet rarely do I see other Farangs in these places; being a lone wall flower is not fun. Whilst the "bring your own boy" idea is a partial solution, my recommendation to potential visitors is make friends with some locals (even on the internet before arriving) and let them take you around to places they know. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Maybe its that some people want to keep this city a treasure trove to themselves and hide it from others. Who knows why, ask them as there were a wealth of places to have fun and a wealth of people up there having fun.As I see it, it's not a case of hiding anything, rather that many people come here with pre-conceived ideas about what they want and miss the point of what this wonderful city is about. Chiang Mai has an abundance of fun, but don't expect to find it by sitting in a Go-Go bar every night and waiting for it to come to you.

a447
October 9th, 2012, 13:42
The key to having fun in Chiang Mai is having friends to enjoy it with.

Yep.

being a lone wall flower is not fun.

Yep. I always find being the only customer in a bar, or the only farang, a bit disconcerting. I get uncomfortable seeing the boys constantly looking at me in the hope of an off.

Chiang Mai has an abundance of fun, but don't expect to find it by sitting in a Go-Go bar every night and waiting for it to come to you.

Well said.

Are we talking the same Adam's Apple here? The one I know is famed for it's boy scouts show, and a lot worse.

I didn't see anything like that. But again, although the bar wasn't empty, it was hardly standing room only. And when I went to Freeguys they delayed the show because, again, I was the only customer. Finally another guy walked in and they put the show on but it was about 1 hour late. I'm sure it would be quite different in the high season and a lot more fun.

I am glad I went to CM as I got the opportunity to meet Mai from Adam's Apple. His English was excellent and so he was able to teach me many things about Thai culture that I otherwise would not have known. He gave me lots of insights into Buddhism and the life of the monks, amongst other things. Meeting such an educated guy is a rare experience for me and a lot better than reading books about Thailand.

This thread has now had over 2000 views, which is great to see. It shows that people are interested in visiting places other than BKK and Pattaya and, as posters have pointed out, if they end up going to CM, they will find there are lots of non-gay related activities to enjoy. It is also interesting to read how we all have different experiences in these cities and that one glove does not fit all.

Bongtong, thanks for your very informative and well-written blog on CM. It's a must-read for anyone contemplating a visit there.

October 9th, 2012, 13:50
Yes and as Bong Tong has a business in Chaing Mei he is very well versed on the area. I was not referring to anything you said Bong tong I was referring to some of the other comments I read such as "and then please leave" and more. That is a very stuck up comment abnd so were a few others that seem to claim that all the residents of Chaing Mei were prim and proper when I know for a fact it is not. Its a fun city with lots and lots to do and places and boys to have a great time with and I love the fact that this has come out rather than for a little few that have a different perspective for some unknown reason.

Meanwhile I was talking to a447 just this afternoon as I spotted him and the urges to go back to Chaing Mei have been creeping up with every thought so I do believe that the boys and I will be headed back that way within 2 or 3 weeks. :alc:

Khor tose
October 9th, 2012, 15:59
Yes and as Bong Tong has a business in Chaing Mei he is very well versed on the area. I was not referring to anything you said Bong tong I was referring to some of the other comments I read such as "and then please leave" and more. That is a very stuck up comment abnd so were a few others that seem to claim that all the residents of Chaing Mei were prim and proper when I know for a fact it is not. Its a fun city with lots and lots to do and places and boys to have a great time with and I love the fact that this has come out rather than for a little few that have a different perspective for some unknown reason.

Now wait one damn minute Justme. No one said and please leave, nor did I imply that that all Chiang Mai residents were prim and proper, nor did I say they is anything wrong with being a sex tourist. I can understand Brads inability to understand English let alone reality, but not yours. Yes, most expats in Chiang Mai are in a monogamous relationship including me. We do have have nearly the girly bars or boys bars we should have based on expat population for this reason. However, we do have our resident single expats and I have friends that "do the scene" both straight and gay. I was reacting to the Op's disdain for Chiang Mai as a gay destination. He did not say it was a bad destination for sex tourist, he said it was not really a gay scene and this was bullshit. If he feels that way, then yes he can stay away. I have at least 10 friends that only come here part of the year that qualify as a sex tourist who have no problem finding boys, and I hate to tell the OP but many of the boys they find are not money boys. If he is not equiped to look outside of the bar then he damn well belongs in Pattaya where he can spend a fortune in places like yours.

By the way, I think it is very telling that you think someone who says they are monogamous is taking the higher moral ground. Being monogamous makes you no more moral or a better person then someone who plays the field. That shit is only in your head. You must really think you are some king of jerk if you truly believe that.

October 9th, 2012, 17:51
This Chiang Mai expat wishes to compliment you both on your very astute observations. No Chiang Mai is not like Pattaya or Bangkok and it is not the scene for expats looking to fuck or to get fucked by every boy in Thailand straight or not. However, if you are actually into making connection with gay Thais and forming relationships, this is the place for you. There are literally hundreds of great gay boys in Chiang Mai who are not into selling themselves and eager to meet and settle down with a nice expat. I am truly sorry you did not meet any of them, but of course you have to be looking for these guys outside of a go-go bar or massage parlor.

Don't get me wrong, we welcome you visitors to our city and appreciate you keeping the shan boys happy, While, I in no way mean this to be a personal comment, we also welcome you leaving.

Have you been reading lately? The place like mine was made "not mine" a few weeks ago and there are plenty of bars like the one I had right there in Chaing Mei.
You did not say "please leave?" Please accept my apologies as I can swear that the above last comment says "we also welcome you to our city....and we also welcome you leaving". That's what set my ass on fire. First of all who is this we and who are we to welcome my or anyone else's leaving?
This sounds to me like you are the mayor of Chaing Mei or someone who thinks they are or speaks for the entire gay community of Chaing Mei. That's what also set my ass on fire.
Have you polled all expats in Chaing Mei to see if they are in a manogamous relationship? Your comment that most expats are. How did you come to that conclusion?
If they were I would think there would be NO commercial venues.

I just think one should speak for themselves not for the gay community and not for themselves and thier 10 friends. Sorry but my opinion. Otherwise I had a marvelous time in Chaing Mei and I do the commercial scene.

a447
October 9th, 2012, 18:09
I was reacting to the Op's disdain for Chiang Mai as a gay destination. He did not say it was a bad destination for sex tourist, he said it was not really a gay scene and this was bullshit.

My bad. I should have reiterated that I was posting from the point of view of a sex tourist.
I have never made it a secret that I'm here for the gogo bar boys. All my posts over the years have clearly indicated that I am here for the commercial scene and not looking for "friendship." I don't have time for that. Unlike your friends, I don't come here for "part of the year". It's got nothing whatsoever to do with not being "equiped to look outside of the bar," what ever that means.

If he feels that way, then yes he can stay away.

No need to state the bleeding obvious. Of course I can choose to stay away. I can choose to do anything I like, as it is my holiday and I'm paying for it. And guess what! I can also choose when I want to leave. I don't need you "welcoming" my departure. Sorry, but I just don't.

Who are you to tell people what they can and can't do in Chiang Mai? What a pompous fool you are

who is this we and who are we to welcome my or anyone else's leaving?

My thoughts, exactly.

we welcome you visitors to our city

It's not "your" city in any shape or form. You are a farang. The city belongs to the locals, not some upstart expat who chooses to rent a room there. No matter how long you stay there, you will always be seen as just another farang and the city will never be "yours."

I can understand Brads inability to understand English

So, what did Brad get wrong?? If those 2 conflicting posts he cited do not expose you as being a total hypocrite, why don't you explain, rather than shooting the messenger??

he said it was not really a gay scene

Really? Where did I say that? I said it was not a gay destination, but there is definitely a gay scene there. I know 'cos I visited some of the bars.
So who is the one demonstrating an "inability to understand English let alone reality?"

Khor tose, guess what! I think it's you. :sign5:

gaymandenmark
October 9th, 2012, 18:53
a477 I understand now, what for you is the definition of a gay destination.
It is a place where you only pay for sex, but that would in my term exclude places like Mykonos and Playa des Ingles as gaydestinations. Destinations that in my eyes are big gaydestinations.

I have not read all of your post and followed all of your postings, so how should I know that your only purpose to travel to Thailand was as a sextourist.

As I wrote before CM gives me the best of two worlds, and you can buy all the sex you want or have it for free, so for me CM is in my definition still a gaydestination, so is infact all of Thailand.

Brad the Impala
October 9th, 2012, 19:39
I can understand Brads inability to understand English let alone reality, but not yours. Yes, most expats in Chiang Mai are in a monogamous relationship including me. We do have have nearly the girly bars or boys bars we should have based on expat population for this reason.

Now why would anyone have difficulty understanding your English! Was there a "not" missing that reverses the meaning of this last sentence? Has the sauce been flowing a little early today or is it just a runaway typewriter?

October 9th, 2012, 20:08
We do have have nearly the girly bars or boys bars we should have based on expat population for this reason.

Please, can you tell us how many expats in Chaing Mei live there full time and how many are visitors? Can you also tell me how many girly bars there are and how many boy bars there are and finally once again, as SG once said, Who is this Royal "we"? :sign5:

Khor tose
October 9th, 2012, 20:23
I was reacting to the Op's disdain for Chiang Mai as a gay destination. He did not say it was a bad destination for sex tourist, he said it was not really a gay scene and this was bullshit.

My bad. I should have reiterated that I was posting from the point of view of a sex tourist.
I have never made it a secret that I'm here for the gogo bar boys. All my posts over the years have clearly indicated that I am here for the commercial scene and not looking for "friendship." I don't have time for that. Unlike your friends, I don't come here for "part of the year". It's got nothing whatsoever to do with not being "equiped to look outside of the bar," what ever that means.

Thanks for the my bad, and yes you did say gay destination which I took to mean the same as Gay scene. Not a lot of difference, and I do understand about the time constraints, and still object to the not a gay destination. It is a gay destination if you are willing, and now I will add, and if you have the time to look. Truthfully, you are missing out and I really would take the time if you ever come here again

If he feels that way, then yes he can stay away.

No need to state the bleeding obvious. Of course I can choose to stay away. I can choose to do anything I like, as it is my holiday and I'm paying for it. And guess what! I can also choose when I want to leave. I don't need you "welcoming" my departure..
I was just explaining my last sentence in the original statement. Remember, I tell my friends this is a gay destination.

Who are you to tell people what they can and can't do in Chiang Mai? What a pompous fool you are

who is this we and who are we to welcome my or anyone else's leaving?

My thoughts, exactly.

I never told you or anyone what you could or could not do. I suggested you should try to meet boys outside of the bar, That is not in any way me telling people what to do. It is the same thing as saying you should go to the elephant camp or the reptile farm or visit Doi Saket.

I can understand Brads inability to understand English

So, what did Brad get wrong?? If those 2 conflicting posts he cited do not expose you as being a total hypocrite, why don't you explain, rather than shooting the messenger??[/quote]

I know Brad from years ago when he fought with his crazy twin brother "Gone Fishing" for literally months on end. You don't argue with the irrational or bother to explain yourself to a nut. My opinion and it does not matter if you share it or not. However, for your benefit.

Really, we should appreciate the Thai boys who keep us young. That is true whether or not we are talking about one like me, or many like you. No contradiction at all.

Khor tose
October 9th, 2012, 20:44

Have you been reading lately? The place like mine was made "not mine" a few weeks ago and there are plenty of bars like the one I had right there in Chaing Mei.
You did not say "please leave?" Please accept my apologies as I can swear that the above last comment says "we also welcome you to our city....and we also welcome you leaving". That's what set my ass on fire. First of all who is this we and who are we to welcome my or anyone else's leaving?
This sounds to me like you are the mayor of Chaing Mei or someone who thinks they are or speaks for the entire gay community of Chaing Mei. That's what also set my ass on fire.
Have you polled all expats in Chaing Mei to see if they are in a manogamous relationship? Your comment that most expats are. How did you come to that conclusion?
If they were I would think there would be NO commercial venues.

I just think one should speak for themselves not for the gay community and not for themselves and thier 10 friends. Sorry but my opinion. Otherwise I had a marvelous time in Chaing Mei and I do the commercial scene.

Chiang Mai is not that big, we all know each other. Yes, the formal we again. I could try it your way. Chiang mai is not that big I all know each other......hmmm does not sound the same for some reason. Using we in that way to describe things in a generalization about people is not incorrect, rather or not you see it that way. I think you are reading DaBo9ss/Justme, but you are definitely not reading me. No, no formal poll has ever been done, this is truly my observations from living here. You are more then welcome to come up here and prove me wrong. By the way, the gay and straight community are not that separate here. We (oh god there I go again) have numerous events all during the year and both communities often participate and know each other and my obsevation is the expat straight community is nearly all monogamous, and the majority of the gay community is too. Now I am talking about permanent residents not visitors.
Glad you got rid of the bar, you just might have added years to your life. Damn there I go again telling people what is good for them. How dare I.

Manforallseasons
October 9th, 2012, 21:46
This sounds to me like you are the mayor of Chaing Mei or someone who thinks they are or speaks for the entire gay community of Chaing Mei.(quote) justme

Actually it sounds like something the owner of another Pattaya based gay forum would say. :occasion9:

BonTong
October 9th, 2012, 23:40
This thread has now had over 2000 views, which is great to see. It shows that people are interested in visiting places other than BKK and Pattaya and, as posters have pointed out, if they end up going to CM, they will find there are lots of non-gay related activities to enjoy. It is also interesting to read how we all have different experiences in these cities and that one glove does not fit all.
Also, things change with time, those who haven't visited CM for a while may be surprised.

The "Farang" scene has basically become dominated by prostitution, I think to its detriment. Whilst I'm not against that per se, the social side of the farang scene has suffered as a result. I find increasingly more gay ex-pats are socialising in straight places, or mixed restaurants, than so called gay bars. Non trade Thai guys are now almost completely absent from the farang scene. Seven or eight years ago there were several fun bars (e.g. at the Peak) where Thai customers genuinely were happy to socialise with Farangs. Of course some of the bar staff were hard core money boys, but many of the Thai customers weren't.

Now if you want to meet genuine Thai gays you have to go to Thai bars, few will visit the Farang bars now for fear of being labelled a prostitute. Of course, there is also a greater choice of Thai bars for Thai gays now too..

Bongtong, thanks for your very informative and well-written blog on CM. It's a must-read for anyone contemplating a visit there.
Thanks very much for the compliment! It's a labour of love and it's always nice to be appreciated.

There hasn't been much in the way of updates recently as we've been concentrating on some technical updates to the site and re-organising it. Hopefully we can concentrate more on content updates in the coming weeks. I hope you will like the changes.

BonTong
October 10th, 2012, 00:05
I think it's wise to stay out of Thai politics so I won't join the Chiang Mai Mayoral debate. :bounce:

But, I don't agree with a couple of Khor Tose's points. Firstly we (as in the CM gay community ;) ) should welcome sex tourists, without them the bars here couldn't survive and we'd all be worse off. That said, I don't want to see CM become a big brothel either. What we have here works OK as it is. It's reasonably stable with the Go-Go bars basically having remained the same old (boring) same for quite a few years, unlike the constant openings and closings I read about in Pattaya. Secondly, I don't recognise the monogamy he describes with ex-pat relationships. Probably the majority of the ex-pats I know are either single, have a gik or two or are in open relationships.

And it wouldn't be the first time I'd seen a monogomous Farang alone in a go-go bar either :idea1:

a447
October 10th, 2012, 02:39
Gaydenmark wrote:
I have not read all of your post and followed all of your postings, so how should I know that your only purpose to travel to Thailand was as a sextourist.

You should not know the purpose of my travel. To you and Khor Tose, I apologize for not stating the sex tourist thing clearly in my post.

gaymandenmark
October 10th, 2012, 03:00
You don't have to apologize, I just think it created some misunderstandings.
Have a nice stay in Pattaya. :party

joe552
October 10th, 2012, 03:37
I thought it was obvious from all his recent posts that a447 considered himself a sex tourist and was reporting accordingly.

October 10th, 2012, 04:17
Exactly joe - it's completely superfluous for a447 to have to state explicity that he's a sex tourist.

His previous graphic accounts of shagging everything in sight be it morning, noon, or night (hey, I'm a poet) - told us all we needed to know.

:ura1: :occasion5:

joe552
October 10th, 2012, 04:28
A poet? don't give up the day job, scotty :occasion9:

Khor tose
October 10th, 2012, 06:57

Thanks very much for the compliment! It's a labour of love and it's always nice to be appreciated.

There hasn't been much in the way of updates recently as we've been concentrating on some technical updates to the site and re-organising it. Hopefully we can concentrate more on content updates in the coming weeks. I hope you will like the changes.

No matter what else you can say about Chiang Mai, you must admit that we have one of the best city guides for gays in Thailand thanks to the efforts onf Bon Tong. As some of you may know, whenever anyone talks about going to Chiang Mai this is the first URL I give them. All I can say to Bon is keep up the good work and thanks.

Jellybean
October 10th, 2012, 15:58
Well said Joe тАУ my sentiments exactly.

I find it hard to believe that any regular poster here would not understand the nature of a447тАЩs visits to Thailand.

I also donтАЩt think a447 had anything to apologise for. I find his topics/posts informative and entertaining. And judging by the large number of hits his topics generate they also create a great deal of interest on this forum.

And lastly, to a447, I pass on a piece of advice given to me by one of the best bosses I ever had, and that is - donтАЩt let the bas*ards grind you down!

a447
October 10th, 2012, 18:18
Scottish-guy wrote:
His previous graphic accounts of shagging everything in sight be it morning, noon, or night

Haha...you flatter me. You must have confused me with that cockstar, NorthIrishguy. I only shag noon and night. :happy7:

Jellybean wrote:
donтАЩt let the bas*ards grind you down!

Thanks, Jelly. But don't worry....I report without fear or favour and will continue to do so. hehe

BonTong
October 11th, 2012, 10:50
No matter what else you can say about Chiang Mai, you must admit that we have one of the best city guides for gays in Thailand thanks to the efforts onf Bon Tong. As some of you may know, whenever anyone talks about going to Chiang Mai this is the first URL I give them. All I can say to Bon is keep up the good work and thanks.
Thanks again for the compliments!

If anyone is visiting Chiang Mai soon you may like the latest version of Radchada's quick guide. A single page you can print out with names of all the venues in Thai for Tuk-Tuk drivers. Should help you get around town. Read more here (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2012/radchada-quick-reference-guide-to-gay-chiang-mai/) or Download it here (http://www.radchada.com/Downloads.html)

http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Radchada_Quick_Ref_guide_V2.jpg

I hope someone finds it useful.

October 11th, 2012, 11:04
Very useful to show drivers, Bontong! Thanks. I enjoy your website a lot to stay up-to-date with Chiang Mai news between trips there.

I noticed "Chiang Mai 19"/Coffee Boy didn't make the cut. Not worth revisiting next trip?

Brad the Impala
October 11th, 2012, 18:11
Agree that Bon Tong does an excellent job of keeping us updated on Chiang Mai, both on forums and on his website. Most helpful on a recent trip, to the extent that I felt I owed it to him to visit the Rachada Cafe, which is in a charming old house.

christianpfc
October 18th, 2012, 00:30
Thank you, a447, for sharing your experience and all other who gave information about gay live in Chiang Mai.

My visit last year was partially spoiled by too much rain, but I will go again and read this thread for preparation.

a447
October 19th, 2012, 17:44
Glad I could be of some help, Christian. As you have read, not all of us see eye to eye on the value of CM as a gay destination, and I hope you have a better time than I did. (I mean, it wasn't all bad, but....)

And whatever you do, please drop into Adam's Apple and off Mai. Even if he is not completely your type (he wasn't mine) you just have to see a cumshot like his - at least once in your life.