PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo hotel

llondonboy
September 28th, 2012, 04:32
I've stayed at mozaik a number of times but rooms aren't available for my next trip. Does anyone know if the flamingo hotel is still operating and any recent experiences?

Any other thoughts on something similar to the mozaik that I could try?

Thanks

gaymandenmark
September 28th, 2012, 05:55
Yes Flamingo is running again
http://www.flamingo-pattaya.com/

I stayed there two times and had no problem, but is was long time ago before they closed down.

Would be nise with some trip reports after they opened again.

I had never booked in advance, so got the room cheaper when I turned up in the reception.

Dboy
October 2nd, 2012, 15:15
I'm not staying in Flamingo, but I did go by there yesterday to have a look at 4 or 5 of their rooms. They've turned some of the single rooms into suites, and have flat screen tv's in all rooms. Other than that it's pretty much the same Flamingo as always. It's nice, clean, good location. No need to make a reservation if you are coming here within the next few weeks, plenty of rooms at Flamingo and elsewhere.

Dboy

October 2nd, 2012, 15:33
Did you get rates by any chance ?

anonone
October 2nd, 2012, 17:41
http://www.flamingo-pattaya.com/index.html

From their website....

Our rates

All our rooms are newly refurbished and refitted.

All rooms have airconditioning
Flat screen TV
Modern furniture
Bed with new mattresses
Western style bathroom

Wi Fi Internet

STANDARD ROOM (back without balcony) 790B per night

STANDARD ROOM (front with balcony) 890B per night

SUPERIOR ROOM (front with balcony, lounge area, 2 TVs and 2 bathrooms) 1200B per night

SUITE (front with balcony, large lounge area, 2 TVs and 2 bathrooms) 1500B per night

October 2nd, 2012, 17:55
anonone, thanks for that

stevehadders
October 2nd, 2012, 19:17
The rooms look a good size but a little dated....having said that if its clean, and with the good location and nice price.....worth a look at

travelerjim
October 3rd, 2012, 07:49
The Flamingo Hotel for many, many years - before retirement...of visits was my favorite...
look at the standard room...South end ...last room on each floor...
no balcony, not on street facing front...
but are larger due to angled South wall of hotel.

Give them a try...location, location, location!
Great value too...

The front facing, balcony two room ..so called...suites are nice and super value...
they were just offering them when I retired...but they sure looked nice.
For the little price difference...I probably would try them out first .

tj

jolyjacktar
October 3rd, 2012, 16:04
Oh the Flamingo was always my hotel of choice when Jaap was the General manager there. Real nice Dutch guy thou not gay himself he was so gay friendly.

Shuee
October 10th, 2012, 03:29
what are you saying the type of room you like or all the rooms for the whole place are 100% booked in mosaik for your dates?

lonelywombat
October 10th, 2012, 05:36
All the studios and one bedroom condos at Mosaik are rebooked by the same tenants, for the same dates from the time about mid November to almost end of January

You can fluke a suite sometimes a two bedroom for some odd days.

This is not new