PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Coupons III Promotion!!

American Teacher-old
May 25th, 2006, 22:19
For Immediate Release (Offer Starts June 1st):
-- see the below link for our promotional flyer with coupons --
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/C ... omoIII.jpg (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/CTPManatee/CrazyCouponsPromoIII.jpg)

Niddy's Nook is excited to continue its Low Season Crazy Coupon Campaign! This will be the last of the 3 month promotions for various savings on food and drinks!

This month, we are proud to offer a "30% off Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger" coupon and a "One Half Price Specialty Cocktail" coupon. These coupons may be used multiple times, but only one per customer, once a day. Please note that the expiration date of this month's coupons is June 30, 2006!

Up and coming events at your favorite neighborhood cafe include "Chris & Niddy's Wedding Anniversary Bash," a party to launch the new "Gay Pattayan" specialty cocktail (named after Allen of the Pattaya Gay Weekly Report) which will include a special fundraising event for the "Thais For Life" charity, and of course the 1 year anniversary celebration of Niddy's Nook!

Also, please visit our website at niddysnook.com and take advantage of our all-in-one recreation center including an online store, Free Wireless Internet, Daily Set Bargain Menus at 199 baht, 5-7 PM Happy Hour, Beautiful Boys and Fantastic Designer Cocktails!

There's never been a better time to visit the Nook! See you there!

Respectfully Submitted,
Chris Parsons
Niddy's Nook Promotions

May 25th, 2006, 22:27
"For immediate release" might be an apt description of your food, based on accounts I've heard.

May 25th, 2006, 22:31
SPAM ALERT posing as a "press release."
Be sure to vote in the CHEESEBURGER SPAM Poll.

May 25th, 2006, 23:01
That was entirely uncalled for. How rude!

May 25th, 2006, 23:02
Chris Dear

When is your wedding anniversary bash? Would you like me to arrange a Buddhist blessing ceremony for you?

Go with love, grow with love and after Niddy's Nook, you just have to go!

Yimsuai
The Enlightened Pussy

American Teacher-old
May 25th, 2006, 23:40
Would you like me to arrange a Buddhist blessing ceremony for you?

No thanks. Been there, done that.

But thanks for thinking of us.

Fondly,
Chris

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** Catch Our Crazy Coupon Promotions! **

American Teacher-old
May 29th, 2006, 11:31
Go with love, grow with love
Yimsuai

Thanks! You too!

Fondly,
Chris

PS - People as so friendly on this board, I love it!

Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger! **

wowpow
May 29th, 2006, 12:44
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/GoodGone3_animation.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/GoodGone3_animation.gif[img]

May 29th, 2006, 13:20
Ok, I finally got around to visiting Niddy's Nook last night for dinner with my num friend. Having read many negative posts about the Nook, I was determined to go with an open mind. However, I found myself already planning my critique before arriving, perhaps due to the suspicions of one or two members of the board that having spoken up against the constant haranguing of Chris (American Teacher) I would be unable to provide an unbiased view.

I still had preconceptions:

1. The Nook may lack atmosphere - When we arrived (a quiet Sunday night after 9.30pm) there were three waiters and no customers. My num friend looked a little worried as empty places are not always a good sign for food quality. However, at my prompting we went in. I found the waiters welcoming and friendly and the appeal of the Nook warm and inviting. Some places can be intimidating, not so with the Nook, both my Thai friend and I were relaxed in the cosy environment with waiters unobtrusive but always responsive. We chatted whilst easy listening music played in the background.

2. The menu - I had thought that similar to other smallish ventures, the menu would be limited. The oppositte is true. I found a good and varied selection of Farang and Thai food and a variety of drinks. It is not the size of menu that you find in (say) Amor Restaurant in Boyztown, but then again the Nook doesn't have the foot traffic that passes through there. Further, I have been to Amor and asked for a dish on one or two occassions only to find it is not available.

3. The Food - Proof is always in the eating. I was ready to write in advance that the food was of a quality no better or worse than most other places you come accross, I was pleasantly proved wrong. My num friend had ordered fried rice with pork and, despite an aversion to tomato's (which he carefully picked out the little cubes and placed on the side of his plate) he scoffed the entire dish, muttering 'A'rory' (delicious) every now and again. I was going to check out the cheeseburger mentioned in previous posts but when push came to shove I fancied a little Thai (see my num friend) so opted for the asparagus with pork and garlic and steamed rice. I found my dish to be nicely presented, beautifully seasoned, aromatic and a delight for the taste buds. On both dishes there was no scrimping, there were ample portions to be wolfed down by both of us. Oh, and the food was prepaired fresh as we waited, no precooking which can affect the quality and served within 10 minutes or so.

4. The Price - Ok, you may find you can get cheaper food from the roadside Thai food stalls, but do you want to sit around there and chat after your meal. Do you have a fan blowing cool air in your direction, are you calmed by the sounds of Barry Manilow. Ok, Barry ain't to everyones taste but hey, neither is the exhaust fumes of cars and motorcycles that you find at the roadside food stops. In all, for two meals, two waters and a soda water, we paid Bt250. The Nook may not have made a fortune from us, but we felt very well served and sated for the price.

As our meal ended, we met Chris for the first time. I am not sure why there have been so many attacks in the past on the Nook and on Chris. I found him charming and friendly and keen to make a go of the business for his partner Niddy.

I'll say no more, other than you must make up your own mind, although when a Thai guy like my friend says something is delicious (totallly unprompted) I think you prick up your ears and pay attention. I was truly impressed and highly recommend a visit. I'll definitely be back and next time i'll check out that cheeseburger.

May 29th, 2006, 13:33
Sounds pretty good.
Chris should post PICTURES of his best dishes on the website as I suggested like a year ago, still no pictures.
All my promotion and the place is still empty, someone needs to get on the ball.

May 29th, 2006, 13:57
take advantage of our all-in-one recreation center I didn't see the Horizontal Jogging area mentioned specifically but I'm assuming it's on offer?

May 29th, 2006, 18:06
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/GoodGone3_animation.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/GoodGone3_animation.gif[img]

That Spam burger looks so delicious...it could be the signature dish!

(When, I wonder, does (constant) carping about spam...become spam? Aren't we there yet?)

May 29th, 2006, 18:21
so that was you Fatman who I saw there when I walked passed around that time..the place looks pleasant enough to me. I reckon if you even have passer-bys in this season your'e doing OK.

an advert on here ! heaven forbid we'd all be guilty if that weren't allowed.

Edith..I know you were brought up on spam in that Gypsy camp but there's no need to tell the world about it.

May 29th, 2006, 19:00
Edith..I know you were brought up on spam in that Gypsy camp but there's no need to tell the world about it.

Life was not all Spam and Roses. I Was lucky to get it.
Normal fare was bat: Bat Goulas, Bat Fricassee, Bat Ala Mode, Bat Paprikas, Mousseline de Bat Blanche Neige, Terrine de Bat, Bat en Croute--And, on Sunday, we got Spam, glorious Spam!
Dessert was often Bavarois Pralin├й made with bat milk.
Do you know how to milk a bat? Remind me to show you at our next meeting. I can easily demonstrate on your old-bat-self.

American Teacher-old
May 30th, 2006, 00:27
Sounds pretty good.
Chris should post PICTURES of his best dishes on the website as I suggested like a year ago, still no pictures.
All my promotion and the place is still empty, someone needs to get on the ball.

OH YES THAIQUILA. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INSPIRATIONAL, KIND PROMOTIONS ON BEHALF OF THE NOOK. You are truly a selfless act.

Thanks Fatman for the review, it was a pleasure having you at the Nook!

Fondly,
Chris

** If you haven't tried yet - DO IT. See the place that inspires all the talk! **
(Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger!)

lonelywombat
May 30th, 2006, 07:30
Sluts ! You really are a prostitute arent you Chris.Your a real flamin slut,ready to sell yourself.

Jealousy is a such a curse. Nice to see you recognise your peers.

May 30th, 2006, 22:55
Sounds pretty good.

OH YES THAIQUILA. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INSPIRATIONAL, KIND PROMOTIONS ON BEHALF OF THE NOOK. You are truly a selfless act.

Thanks Fatman for the review, it was a pleasure having you at the Nook!

Fondly,
Chris

** If you haven't tried yet - DO IT. See the place that inspires all the talk! **
(Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger!)
So why no pictures of the food on your website?
You know I love the Nook and Niddy is like my long lost barboy cousin; and now and want to do all I can to make the Nook and food in Pattaya one and the same thing, but why no pictures? I suggested it a long time ago, and no response, no action, and here again, no response but a deflection.
Like I said, get your act together.