PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Looking for Info on Pattaya

neo2012
September 26th, 2012, 19:52
Hi.

I will be in Pattaya towards the end of Novemeber. I'm from the UK, I'm not looking just for sex. Anyone got any tips where I should stay/ hang out etc?...Would appreciate it greatly.

September 26th, 2012, 20:35
Where to stay is no problems than you find a room easy but if you not coming only for sex...what do you looking for ...why you come to Pattaya? That way if i now why
you come here i can Help and advice you better. :party

neo2012
September 26th, 2012, 20:49
Hey jimmy

I'm kinda hoping for and looking for something a little more long-lasting and meaningful than just sex or a one nighter, if that's possible...I'm coming to Pattaya because a friend suggested it to me, I've done some research on the internet and my friend has given me some idea but they suggested it would be a good starting point for me at least and that I could move from there should I want to, in my own time. :angel11:

Neal
September 26th, 2012, 21:08
Neo, you may wish to type the word PATTAYA in the seaqrch box above right and begin reading all the posts and threads on Pattaya so as to give you that information.
Have a great time.

neo2012
September 26th, 2012, 21:34
On it now, thanks for the tip DaBoss... :notworthy:

Manforallseasons
September 27th, 2012, 02:02
If you are looking for "something meaningful" first thing to do is call you bank and ask them to raise the daily limit on you ATM card.

September 27th, 2012, 03:14
Most helpful advice so far is to raise the limit on your ATM. That's what Pattaya is all about. Am I being callous? Maybe, but I have not seen any evidence to the contrary during the past 14 years. Just the same, Good Luck to you and hope you'll find someone to your liking.

francois
September 27th, 2012, 03:45
Hey jimmy

I'm kinda hoping for and looking for something a little more long-lasting and meaningful than just sex or a one nighter, if that's possible...:

Yes, it is possible neo; I found a long lasting relationship the first time in Thailand/Pattaya in one of the first clubs I visited. Not knowing your specifications it is difficult to say where to go or what to do but keep trying.

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

September 27th, 2012, 05:02
Oh there's another one down on pattaya because there are a majority here that work in the go go and host bars and go for money. Really all you have to do is be aware that many of the boys here especially the ones in the bars and such are in need of funds to feed thier families and send home to momma or for themselves to want a better life. 1,000 baht or a little more for a short time is not going to require you to raise the limit on your ATM.

I guess if all you are looking for is a boy where an 800 - 1,000 baht shirt for all night or the desire to haggle them down for a price even lower than 800 well you are probably correct that you need a bit more money.

Quote from BobSaigon:
At least 500 short time, preferably 800-1000.

Should add a couple of hundred baht if you subject a boy to a mini-tutorial covering the financial crisis.

ANd as Francois said there are boys in the bars and elsewhere all around Pattaya inb regular types of jobs, on Gay Romeo and elsewhere you are just looking for a falang to have a relationship with and yes, to help them have a nicer life and to stay with. All this put down on pattaya really is just screwed up.

Dodger
September 27th, 2012, 06:01
Neo,

My two cents (for what they're worth) is to not set any concrete expectations during your first adventure in Gay Thailand, and just allow yourself the time to observe the cultural nuances, many of which baffle even the most seasoned veterans. Enjoy the boys...dabble with the internet...and don't hesitate venturing out to explore places away from the gay mecca's like Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, etc. if you have the time.

There are many boys who want nothing more than to land a nice farang for a long-term relationship...more than in any other country in the world, just be patient...learn first - expect second...and don't allow the naysayerrs to steer your boat.

Good luck...the first trip is always the best...get laid...and remember, life is an adventure - not a destination.

September 27th, 2012, 06:26
Hmmm I have to wonder if the cynics who have posted bring it on themselves?

If a boy senses that you see him as nothing more than a here-today-gone-tomorrow cheap trick, i'm afraid you'll probably be treated accordingly.

Personally I have always had a wonderful time in Thailand and if I find a boy I like on the 1st night then I tend to keep him for the 2 or 3 weeks I am there - even if I found him in say BKK or Phuket and I then go to Pattaya. I'm not saying that's unique - many others have probably done the same.

The very first time I visited Pattaya I found a beautiful boy in the Gentleman Club who I was very happy with and continued to see each holiday for the next four or five years. There was never any real talk of him coming to Scotland - because we both accepted that was probably impossible.

Over that time he moved from GC to Star Boys and then to Funny Boys - and of course I paid the off fees and the tips (and the inevitable presents) any time I was there (and he always bought a little gift in return) but do you know - although we kept in touch almost daily whenever I got home, he never asked me to send a single penny and he was always at the airport every time I flew in to Thailand. The last I heard (a few years ago now) a punter had whisked him off to Russia and although I regret losing touch, I still hope he found a better life there.

So, what I' m saying is that the vast, vast majority of the boys are not out to rip anybody off and on the odd occassion that one does I think it might often be a case of reaping what you've sown.

Of course there are bad apples (same with customers) but they are very few and far between.
Most ask only for (what is to us) a little bit of money for food, or rent, or for their family - and in return they give us everything they have to give - it saddens me to see some people being so cynical.

:hello2:

September 27th, 2012, 11:14
Have no recollection of this, but my memory these days is not worth much: "Quote from BobSaigon: At least 500 short time, preferably 800-1000. Should add a couple of hundred baht if you subject a boy to a mini-tutorial covering the financial crisis."

I have never paid a boy less than 1,500-2,000 for any kind of encounter.

Am I a cynic? Maybe now, but for 14 years I looked for a relationshiop that could at least partly be decribed as romantic. All I'm saying is that any realtrionship between a young Thai guy and older farang is bound to start off with money changing hands and after that it's impossible to tell if there is a "love" element or just gratitude for support.

I never suggested that they are all intent on ripping off the farang, just saying that western notions of emotional reciprocity might not ever come to pass.

Good Luck to the OP, hope he'll do better than all of us cynics.

neo2012
September 27th, 2012, 17:04
WOW!!!...Thank you so much guys, and I mean ALL of you. It's good to get conflicting tips like this, it shows me that I must be alert and aware of what I'm doing and what I'm getting myself into...I will take my time, I'm in no real hurry, I will watch and learn, the culture, the system and how the 'game' is played. I'm a decent guy and I treat people with respect but I'm not a fool nor am i desperate, I think i'll do ok... :newb:

thrillbill
September 27th, 2012, 22:41
Going to a bar in Pattaya is not like going to a Gay Bar that you would find in England; infact, there is just one "gay bar" that I know of in Pattaya (there is a couple in Jomtien complex), Panaroma. But it is full of commercial boys. It isn't like you sit there and meet someone that isn't ...but it depends on your age and looks. I am not a "young buck" but I can meet some gays, Asian and Western tourist, who I can shag with without paying. So the gay seen depends if you are in good shape and youthful looking (or the opposite). What is nice about Pattaya, is that the young Thai gays(called "boys" here) have a respectful attitude towards older men and treat them with respect and enjoy showing the newbie around. True, everything has a price but you won't feel like you are being ripped off or taken advantage of as long as you know what the "fees" are and don't fall for the "feel sorry for me" story where the Thai may need extra money to sent home; needs a new cell phone ; money to pay his rent; money for a motor bike and such. When these requests occure within the first week unfortunately he is looking at you as merely an ATM machine. True, when you get to know the guy for a long time and you can see you care for him and he cares for you , then you may want to help him out. Good luck but be "street smart" (and lock your things up.) :kermit:

September 27th, 2012, 22:53
Unbelievable!
There are many, well over a dozen in Jomtien Complex, more on Jomtien Beach, dozens in Boys Town sois one, two and three and let's not leave out the few dozen in Sunee Plaza. Now while many may have boys for hire, they also are bars that cater to the gay clientele so this thought of one bar is bizarre! When is the last time you were down here? Maybe you have such strict definitions of what your type of bar is a gay bar in England. Panorama and many of the bars have commercial boys so why you would only classify only that one as gay?! If what you are looking for are bars where the boys are all free from commercial boys then I wonder how many in Thailand classify to your standards?

arsenal
September 28th, 2012, 02:27
Go to Pattaya with no agenda and let it give you whatever comes along. I personally think it's the wrong place to look for a partner. But, you can have fun looking.

neo2012
September 28th, 2012, 02:49
I would say I am 'street smart' enough to know not to be stupid or gullible. I'm 48 years old, told I'm attractive (In the UK not Thailand), physically fit and muscular, I don't drink or smoke, my downside I guess would be that i'm a bit reserved and quiet.
Hey guys c'mon don't argue, as I said I appreciate all points of view, as they say "one mans meat is another mans poison"....Not my 'meat' though, mines always tender and juicy. :angel11:

FriendlyMe...I take on board what you are saying. I'm an aware guy, I know i must come across on here as the 'newbie' and more than a little naive but in reality i'm not, I am new to the pattaya or Thai way of things but I'm quick to see things as they are and I don't get pulled emotionally or mentally into anything I've not taken time to consider (physically that's another matter though).

gaymandenmark
September 28th, 2012, 03:20
I know you are looking for informations about Pattaya, but there are tons on the internet.
Where should we start and where should we stop?
Just be sure that the gay scene in Pattaya is almost 99% commercial, even if you like the "boy" and he likes you.
It is true what was written before, that for most of the bars it is their purpose. Nothing wrong with that.
That said you can of course use the bars as you want, but they are not like gay bars in the UK, Berlin or for that matter Copenhagen.
Make a search on "hostbar gogo-bars gay pattaya" and you will understand the difference.

You can have a great time and meet great people in Pattaya. Give it a try and have fun, don't think to much, why not be a butterfly for some days?

I would not look for a long-time or "meaningful" relationship, the first time in Thailand and Pattaya, but it can happen.
Sometimes a 20 year old thai guy, gets totally madly in love, in a farang who is properly at least double his age. :blackeye:

BTW not that is my matter, but how old are you, how do you look and how fit are you? some suggestions and informations could depend on that. Sometimes we forget that.

Have a nice and funny trip.

Edit to say sorry, I have just read your post about age, look and fitness. I am sure you will have no problems to attract the guys. They of course prefer a fitt guy as a customer :happy7:

joe552
September 28th, 2012, 03:34
I would only echo what Dodger and Scottish-guy have said. I fell in love on my first trip which led to great times in Pattaya and Isaan. Be open, honest and relaxed and you won't go far wrong. Have a great trip and do come back and tell us how it went.

September 28th, 2012, 03:46
I won't say you guys are totally wrong. Pattaya is almost 100% commercial. It is known as the Extreme City and there are quite a few boys that work in the gay venues to earn money to support thier mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers at home. To them iy=t is work. Many are bi sexual and gay, some are straight. There is no such thing as catagorizing them as they don't always look at thier sexuality as this or that. it is more about what they are enjoying in life. While we talk about the commercial side of sex, a poster before hit the \nail on the head, it is to help put food on the families table back in the village. There is no difference between working in a bar and landing a date for the night BUT I am sure that many would rather find a nice sweet falang to be with in a meaningful ongoing relationship rather than sleeping with another fat falang that has that old age smell, yet a different night.

Relationships are possible. I have seen the boys in the bar coo at the idea of going with and wanting to stay with certain falang they see pass the bar. As that other poster said, many will give you thier love and devotion which is all they have to give and in return they are looking for security and helping thier extended families. Yes, there are also thos cons out there. Either way, I have seen gas station attendants, nurses and many other trades that when they realize that a falang likes them, its all about if they can share some money with them for an easier life. It can happen in the villages, the cities , Chaing Mei, Koh Samui or even Pattaya.

francois
September 28th, 2012, 06:27
Friendlyme, find yourself an orphan boy.

fedssocr
September 28th, 2012, 06:34
Hi.

I will be in Pattaya towards the end of Novemeber. I'm from the UK, I'm not looking just for sex. Anyone got any tips where I should stay/ hang out etc?...Would appreciate it greatly.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this. But if this is your first trip to Thailand, don't spend the whole time in Pattaya. I can take it for 4 or 5 days but that is usually enough for me. I would spend some time in Bangkok too. See the sights. Not just the inside of a gogo bar. There is plenty of interesting culture and stuff to see all over the country.

With respect to the boys, I have never been interested in "finding love" in Thailand. Frankly the fact that I barely speak a tiny bit of Thai means to me that meaningful communication is virtually impossible with 99% of the bar boys. So finding love doesn't seem especially possible to me. So my advice would echo that above, which is to not go with a lot of expectations. Go and have fun. Know that you're going to be spending some money. Enjoy the scene. You sound like a nice guy. That will go a long way. But don't be a pushover.

Neal
September 28th, 2012, 07:07
Friendlyme, I can only say that reading your post I apologize and feel very very sorry for you and others that are in that kind of a boat, Really I do.

homeseeker
September 28th, 2012, 08:10
I believe that FriendlyMe makes some valid and correct assertions in his last post. But unfortunately he has bitterness. To tell the truth he is one of the many farangs (gays and straights) who comes to live in Pattaya long term who simply have insufficient money to properly enjoy Pattaya on a permenant basis, so they have to lash out at other who can afford Pattaya.

Neal
September 28th, 2012, 08:27
I believe that FriendlyMe makes some valid and correct assertions in his last post. But unfortunately he has bitterness. To tell the truth he is one of the many farangs (gays and straights) who comes to live in Pattaya long term who simply have insufficient money to properly enjoy Pattaya on a permenant basis, so they have to lash out at other who can afford Pattaya.
Yes, you may very well be correct and unfortuantely there is nothing, I think, I or anyone else can do about it to help them out except to realize that these individuals do exist. Maybe we should start a new thread and talk about this because surely this is not the fault of Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand.

Dodger
September 28th, 2012, 15:55
Much of what FriendlyMe states is correct, especially the observation that "money" and "family" rank the highest in a Thai boys list of obligations. A tough pill for many farang to swallow, but a reality nonetheless.

The majority of the working boys come from impoverished families in Isaan who rely on their young sons and daughters to help put food on the table. The pressure that can be applied by these familes can be relentless, and at times can appear merciless. Most Thai boys (and girls) bow to this obligation, which consequently puts their own personal needs in FriendlyMe's low ranking of 20-30 as well. It's not only the farang who's entwined in the realtionahip who gets placed on a lower scale - it's the boy as well. The boy in this context is willing to sacrifice his own personal wants and needs in life in exchange for the merit he receives from his family. This only goes to solidify FriendlyMe's observation that without enough money to provide at least some financial support to the family the farang's chances are slim.

This is one of the cultural nuances that I referred to in my first response to Neo which needs to be understood.

When I was married to an American girl back in another epoch I took on the obligations for her monthly car payments and yoga classes. When I married a Thai boy I acknowledged the obligation to help support his family. Ironically, I spent more money on the car payments and yoga classes than the amount that my bf and I contributed to his family each month, but it sufficed. In both relationships I had to evaluate these things before making the leap. If I were retired in Thailand and living on a tight budget the same factors (realities) would have to be considered.

Exceptions to this would include farang who find Thai boyfriends closer to their own age who are financially secure, or orphans.

neo2012
September 28th, 2012, 23:23
OK well thanks again guys for all the input...I guess I'm just going to have to "suck it and see" (pun intended). I'll let you guys know how things are going, as I said, I'm not due to go out until late to end of Nov... And to be honest, i was never hoping to find 'the love of my life' and in my original post it doesn't say i was, just that I'm not looking for just a one nighter however, thanks to you guys and the broad sprectrum of opinions you've put in, I'll now be going 'eyes wide open'...Thanks again.