PDA

View Full Version : Bus Pattaya to Khon Kaen

davidwilsoon
September 26th, 2012, 17:41
I have a friend that accepts everything his Thai boy friend says as the absolute truth, with out any questions asked.

On Tues Sept 25 they went to get a ticket for the boy friend for a bus from Pattaya to Khon Kaen and the only ticket available was Sunday Sept 30 at 8:30pm. My friend wanted his boy friend to return on Thu or Fri so that he could have a few days along before returning to the US.

Just checking here to see if the buses to Khon Kaen are really that busy?

Thanks

September 26th, 2012, 18:01
Yes there are Busz than Khon Kaen has a lot of Visitor and also many Thais Traveling , but every Hour a Bus leafs the Bus terminal therefore is always a Place Avaible.
I have been traveling every 3 Month with the same Route to Khon kKaen the Bust terminal in Khon Kaen is very big. On the Internet you can check yourself about the avaible sitz and Times when the Buses Leaves. http://www.khonkaen.com/english/transportation.asp :happy7:

pong
September 29th, 2012, 18:53
you do not give enough details to say yes or no_ I have done a Isan-PTY trip a fair nr of times and always just bought on the day. BUT: there are 3 different types of buses and the best (which is even for many posting gays too budget-like and too far, too nasty, etc.) may indeed sell out a few days before. Downgrade for more choice.
OR: go via BKK-MOchit, you do NOT need to travel across BKK on your own-the big blue bus from PTY goes to either of BKK's 3 big busstations-from there luxury buses to KhKn every 30 mins, in total not even taking that much longer, as the direct PTY bus makes a lot of stops and a long one in Khorat-where you also often need to change anyway.
There are 2 diff. compnaies doing the PTy-KhKn run: one on central rd, starting from PTY and one coming from Rayong, stopping underway along Sukhumvit.