PDA

View Full Version : New airline opens flights Bangkok - Siem Reap Nov. 2012

Janus
September 25th, 2012, 22:21
I hope this means cheaper flights in the future?

From Phnom Pehn Post Sept. 21. 2012:
NEW FLIGHTS TO BANGKOK
Cambodia Angkor Air will start flights to Bangkok this November from Siem Reap. The service will operate four times weekly, and flights may increase to daily if thereтАЩs good response.
The only airline flying the Bangkok-Siem route is Bangkok Airways.
A service between Phnom Penh and Bangkok is being considered.
Next year, the airline plans to start services between Siem Reap and Hanoi, and Phnom Penh and Hanoi. Also scheduled sometime in the not-to-distant future are flights to cities in China and Japan from Siem Reap.

cottmann
September 26th, 2012, 14:50
I flew with this airline from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh in early February this year. The flight was on a twin-engined turboprop. Departure was on time, arrival was on time, the service was fine, but the one-way ticket was just under $100 for a 45 minute flight. That said, I opted to fly to avoid the hours-long journey by road, so the cost was well-worth the additional comfort and time saved. For the same reason, I'd opt for a flight to Siem Reap.

fedssocr
September 26th, 2012, 18:25
The airline is part operated by Vietnam Airlines. They also have A320s in their fleet. I would expect that they would use that aircraft on this route. If they offer competitive fares they will do well.

Janus
September 27th, 2012, 16:34
Bangkok Airways have just informed me that my next departure from BKK to Siem Reap have been changed slightly in time and now going on a A319.