PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok/Pattaya clubs late night venues

newalaan
September 24th, 2012, 17:44
Despite the information flow and posting traffic being at an all time low here, hoping some posters who have had recent club experiences are tuned-in (Martin...colmx where are you?) and have info on Bangkok and Pattaya clubs/late night venues just to find out what is the current 'in-favour' places for the fickle gay crowd nowadays. Have an upcoming visit shortly and it's handy to know in advance which places are busy or as is often the case...closed.

Thinking about the Rachada clubs in Bkk and Idol, NAB, TamNanChon, Dave Man, Triangel, Step Up etc.. for Pattaya. No doubt we'll visit Hollywood and/or Stardice as they're fairly consistantly busy, but which of the others are worth it?

martin911
September 25th, 2012, 03:28
Colmx should be able to ans the Bkk side as he spent a weekend there lately :bounce: :bounce:
One good news from Bkk is that Kar Dae is open again --but not in its old location -- dont have any more info on it as i write(not been yet ) and my little demon bf is not here to tell me any more -il update soonest

Nab / Dave i cant say have changed much in the last while since you were NewA still plenty of fun to be had in them ,mabye Colmx can give a fresh perspective on them from his last visit --
Step Up is still full every nite of the week until 6am

One new place in Pattaya is MC2-- havent the foggiest exactly where it is (first time we went the driver ended up asking us for directions !! )
Just search Facebook for Mc2 pattaya and the map is there !

But for all old T&T fans out there there is some solace -- this place is as close to T&T style as i have seen-- Its much bigger (say like the last Xray -long but narrow )-with two T&T style central small raised areas around pillars --
I must say i got a shock when i first went inside @ 6.30am -from the outside it looks like nothing -but it was full ,crammed full of people at that hour
Its a full on DJ /Laser/clubbing style place -!(some of the Step Djs do a set in Mc2 after they finish their set in Step up )
So no Thai style karakoe there !!

It is Not a Gay place like T&T but i would put a guesstimate @40% of the crowd is gay -and some very good looking young poochai lads all around as eyecandy -Its only open a month or so i believe --and it seems popular to the youngish Thai crowd by all accounts

Word is that it closes at 12 midday--my only comment on that is it was still going strong at 10.30 and 9.30 the mornings we left it :alc: (i can only hope that i dont test that particular threshold !! )-- :party on

anonone
September 25th, 2012, 09:49
Woo Hoo.

Martin, you have just made my day with talk of a T&T replacement possibility. I don't do the facebook thing, so if someone can post a map or provide any other details, I would appreciate it.
(I google searched MC2 Pattaya, but nothing relevant returned).

I can also confirm not much changed at Dave Man as of a couple weeks ago. Same as before, and had a good time.
Didn't make it to Idol that trip....

newalaan
September 25th, 2012, 14:24
Word is that it closes at 12 midday--my only comment on that is it was still going strong at 10.30 and 9.30 the mornings we left it (i can only hope that i dont test that particular threshold !! )-- Geez martin midday! My days of arriving directly from the karaokes/clubs for 8.30am breakfast at the Flamingo are well in the past, but even back then I don't think i could've made it to midday. Thanks for the updates. I'll take a look for Mc2 when I get to Pattaya, can't find it on Facebook.

I don't do the facebook thing, so if someone can post a map or provide any other details, I would appreciate it.(I google searched MC2 Pattaya, but nothing relevant returned). I don't do the facebook 'thing' either Anonone, as in participate and interact on it, but i did open a Facebook account under a false name etc.. and opened an email account especially for it so I could log into the facbook accounts of others as many bands now use facebook as their only place for gig info etc.. Previously finding advance notice of gigs/concerts in Thailand was (and in some cases still is) notoriously difficult as many artists simply do not advertise their itinerary nationally anywhere, it's just down to local advertising and word-of-mouth, but some do now use Facebook like Labanoon, Klear, even Carabao which makes planning trips easier. That is all i use it for and never any problems with it, i just ignore every push from them to 'update' and search/introduce 'friends' etc... but even with this I couldn't get Mc2 pattaya to come up either.But I'm sure the waiters at the first beerbar I visit will have that info!