September 19th, 2012, 03:52
I think that warrants an "oops" :occasion9:

frequentflier
September 19th, 2012, 05:20
I think that warrants an "oops" :occasion9:
Yes my mistake.

Neal
September 19th, 2012, 09:07
Well there were about 25 boys and 1 falang! Crazy.
Well we all had a splendid day. It rained part of the day but there was lots to drink and eat. The boys played soccar and went swimming and the one falang was well cared for. The turnout of falang was very disappointing for bothe the water park and the boat trip and sorry to say that with this type of turn out, I doubut further trips will be planned as they run about 20,000 baht each!

There were many pics taken by the boys and they had a great time. I do hope that they and others will post the pics because I sure had a good time!

Gaybutton
September 19th, 2012, 14:31
Well there were about 25 boys and 1 falang! Crazy.
Please don't let that deter you. I know several farang, including me, who probably would have gone. The reason we didn't was the weather. That day the forecast called for 100% chance of rain. 100%. How often do you see that? Considering the deluges that have been pouring down lately, it just did not seem like a good day for a boat trip. I don't know if your trip got much of a soaking, but we sure did in Pattaya that day.

Please think about scheduling a trip when the weather is much more likely to be cooperative - in the dry season. I'll bet if you do, especially if you post the trip photos from this trip, the boat you hire won't be big enough to accommodate everyone.

September 19th, 2012, 15:20
The weather?

No doubt DaBoss will correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understood it, this wasn't meant to be a "turn up on the day" event.

To my recollection, bookings had to be made, and tickets bought in advance etc. - therefore I'm struggling to see how the weather that day came into the equation :dontknow:

Unless the suggestion is that many farangs bought tickets in advance then didn't turn up on the day because it rained - but somehow I seriously doubt that.

Kudos to the 1 farang who braved the rain though - either he's a daredevil thrillseeker compared to the other nancys who couldn't take the risk of getting wet - or he'd heard of a wet-weather accessory called the umbrella

:evil4:

Tomas1576
September 19th, 2012, 17:06
I thank you for the initiative, and please do it again during dry season. I would be the first to sign up!

Neal
September 19th, 2012, 17:12
I will try again after I get over these two.

Gaybutton
September 19th, 2012, 17:34
as I understood it, this wasn't meant to be a "turn up on the day" event.

To my recollection, bookings had to be made, and tickets bought in advance etc. - therefore I'm struggling to see how the weather that day came into the equation

This is how:

Tickets available at the bar or morning of the trip.
boat-trip-island-t27209.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/boat-trip-island-t27209.html)

I, for one, know this is the rainy season and have seen what the weather has been doing lately. So has anyone else present in Pattaya over the past couple of weeks. If the weather was suitable for it, several more of us would have gone. If that makes me a "nancy" in your eyes, too bad. I don't go on boat trips when a torrential rain is in the forecast for that day and the weather will be gloomy at best, even if it doesn't rain - umbrella or not.

I wonder how many more put down posts you're going to submit until you finally figure out you're no good at it and never were.

Neal
September 19th, 2012, 17:53
OK OK I think the only thing that was meant was that there were absolutely no tickets purchased for either the water park or the boat trip whether. The point was that tickets were available prior to the day and none were purchased by anyone until the day of the event and was a falang who was with one of our young men.

We recvd a few inquiries and some promises to get tickets and nothing happened. Same like here on the internet. Several showed interest in posts and PMs but ticket sales remained at zero. 600 baht for food, drink and boat was not an expensive sale and surely 50 people were not saving off buying thier tickets til the morning of the trip was what he was allouding to. It is disappointing to someone to try to do things and they go nowhere. Same as with the new sepecial import beers that everyonhe said was great and would be stopping down and only one can sold so far, BUT tha's life isn't it? Pick myself up and try try again! :tongue3:

stevehadders
September 19th, 2012, 18:18
It would be great to have such a trip near Christmas - myself and many other board members will be in Pattaya and would be a good opportunity to all meet (probably be a huge punch up :) ). I am sure it would be a real scream......I would have been along to last one if I had been on hols...

Neal
September 19th, 2012, 18:25
Well if many people write in for a particular date I will set another up but we do need some people to go. The boys are always rarring to go so I don't have to worry about them.

dab69
September 19th, 2012, 21:24
Just happy here you had a nice safe trip.
No road accidents, boat sinking, or anyone drowning

markie1
September 19th, 2012, 21:26
Well if many people write in for a particular date I will set another up but we do need some people to go. The boys are always rarring to go so I don't have to worry about them.
well what about sunday 21 oct 27/28 oct , i would sure buy two tickets for any of those dates

September 19th, 2012, 21:26
Don't tell me I annoyed GB? :sign5:

Thanks for the selective quote, but (since you've doubtless searched every relevant post) you'll be well aware that I could post another quote saying the tickets had to be bought in advance - so not exactly a knock-out blow, is it - 50/50 I'd say.

Anyway, I accept it was because you were anxious not to get your hair-do wet, that you didn't buy any tickets either in advance or on the day. Purely to be helpful, may I suggest that for any future outdoor trips where the organiser has been remiss enough not to guarantee the weather - you could always dress appropriately, dear - I'm sure you'd look very fetching in a little number like this:

[attachment=0:2qn4nt1u]GBfrolicsIntheSand.jpg[/attachment:2qn4nt1u]

Gaybutton
September 19th, 2012, 21:40
Don't tell me I annoyed GB?
You don't have the capability of even coming close to doing that. That's because you couldn't post a good put down if your life depended on it. Your latest post proves it. Quit while you're behind.

francois
September 19th, 2012, 21:49
Purely to be helpful, may I suggest that for any future outdoor trips where the organiser has been remiss enough not to guarantee the weather - you could always dress appropriately, ......

Scottish-guy, GB always does dress appropriately, in his usual attire, a bathing suit and flip flops..

SoiVC Slut-old
September 19th, 2012, 21:57
Purely to be helpful, may I suggest that for any future outdoor trips where the organiser has been remiss enough not to guarantee the weather - you could always dress appropriately, ......

Scottish-guy, GB always does dress appropriately, in his usual attire, a bathing suit and flip flops..

Those are not flip flops, they are those tacky blue clog croc what evers. Just lovely

adman5000
September 20th, 2012, 08:06
Neal = great idea. Keep trying.