View Full Version : Koh Samed

Nabaat
September 9th, 2012, 09:07
Spent 3 days on KS with a couple of friends...thought this might help.

Drove down to KS from Pattaya, used the A36...quieter and took just over an hour from Jomtien. We parked at the Police Station at the end of the pier...totally free. Many Touts will pull up to you at the lights in the town offering boats etc, we used D-One company for a Speedboat rtn of 500 per person direct to our hotel's beach. When you want to return just give them a call and they will collect at anytime between 10.00 and 17.00 each day.

Stayed at Jep's Bungalows....basic and quiet, and about a 15 min walk along the beach for the nearest 7/11 and shops. Near the bungalows are a couple of fun bars, Oxygen bar and a Reggae bar....both good fun till the wee hours. Hired bikes and RTV to visit the rest of the island, the roads are not for the faint hearted....but some stunning views on the southern tip of the island. At the opposite end of the beach is the Thai Naval School Accom.....!!!!!!! :party

Dinner on the beach....Seafood Platters at about 350 baht, kebabs at 70, beer from 110 - 130 for a large heineken....somtam and everyday Thai essentials i.e. sticky rice etc much the same as in Pattaya. Forget the Fireshows....just my view....overrated and amateurish.

Pics to tell the rest of the story:

Nabaat
September 9th, 2012, 09:19
Drinks: We took over a couple of bottles of Pipers n Barcardi for afternoon sundowners etc...sometimes even pre-lunch!!!! Collected soda etc from the 7/11 and partied the early evenings away. Jep's have no charge for taking your own bottles onto the beach...just buy their ice etc

Nabaat
September 9th, 2012, 09:41
...and the boys at play etc.

Nabaat
September 9th, 2012, 10:03
Roads etc

joe552
September 9th, 2012, 15:54
Thanks for posting the report and pictures. Might make me consider leaving Pattaya for a couple of days on my next trip.

paperboy
September 9th, 2012, 17:35
HI

thanks for that, it looks really good there, i was going last year but never made it :crybaby:
Did you book through a agent or just turn up? on agoda they have the big room for 4 people for 40 euros
very very good price i think , or did you get it cheaper??
also i seen on the map an other place right on ther beach Pudsa bungalos, do you know of them????

thanks

paperboy

Nabaat
September 10th, 2012, 07:22
We booked via Agoda at 950 baht per night :happy7: Never heard or saw the other place, but go for one on the beach, those behind can be a bitch when it rains...bad roads, rubbish, sewers etc.

Janus
September 10th, 2012, 21:40
Thank you for posting these nice pictures.

:thumbup: