View Full Version : Beach in an Hour

Nabaat
August 29th, 2012, 03:38
I have 4 days free this coming week and need some beach time. Any good suggestions of said beach say within and hour of Pats?

Up2U
August 29th, 2012, 07:41
You looking for something different than the gay beach at DongTan in Jomtien?

Nabaat
August 29th, 2012, 08:29
Most defo...soemthing away from there is a must.

adman5000
August 29th, 2012, 11:03
I suggest catching an express bus (blue/white) from PTY) to Rayong-main bus station-about 130 baht. Then catch a dark blue baht bus (in front of 7-11) to Hat Mae Rampung Beach. The beach has a good quality sidewalk, many local beachside chairs for rent with food, and cover under trees. You will see many guest house/resorts immediately across from the beach, the beachside seafood restaurants are fresh and fun to pick out the fresh seafood. It is somewhat quiet on the weekday but more crowded on the weekend and there may be tourbuses. You can go into town TESCO LOTUS and movie theater a short baht bus away, nice coffee house near the old town center., the Outdoor market and Aquarium near Ban Phe or visit Koh Samet if you want to be a tourist.

It is much more subdued, not much of a gay presence, just typical Thai atmosphere.

It is about 1 hr to 1 hr 30 minutes.

Patexpat
August 29th, 2012, 11:28
Try Baan Saray about 15km south of Pattaya (near Noong Nooch).

Close yet a world away from Pattaya!

francois
August 29th, 2012, 23:18
Baan Saray is a good choice; mostly Thai people as I recall at the beach.

christianpfc
August 30th, 2012, 01:28
I mentioned (with pictures) the beach in Bang Saen in my report about the Saen Suk Hell Garden. (For details see the report.)

Brad the Impala
August 30th, 2012, 02:54
Thirty years ago Bangsaen used to be the first choice beach getaway for people from Bangkok, but the water wasn't always very clean, I remember getting out of the sea itching, so some more adventurous weekenders started going a bit further for a beach, to the pristine waters of Pattaya!

gregvc
August 30th, 2012, 19:13
shhhhh, don't tell but Bang Saen is not the place I remember. Now thriving with dozens of cafes along the beach (going past Bangsaen Hotel "no, that's potato soup, not tomato soup"). Many university types. Not sure about gay scene, and it certainly is not like Pattaya and the Pattaya gay scene.