PDA

View Full Version : Patong Accomodation

colmx
August 26th, 2012, 00:13
Hi All
Despite all the negative press BF and i have decided to head to Phuket for a few days next week

Last time we stayed there was around 6 years ago and we stayed in the Connect Guesthouse
This time around i am thinking of staying at C&N hotel just outside Paradise complex:
http://www.cnhotelpatong.com/index.php

Just wondering if any others have stayed there and have any comments as to their joiners policy etc

Ideally we would like a place where it is possible to bring 1 or 2 boys back without any hassles
And the location should be very close to the Paradise complex

So any suggestions would be appreciated!

atri1666
August 26th, 2012, 14:27
Stayed there once and i liked it. No problems with visitors and also gay staff in the massage shop.Recommend the long stay promotion from one week incl. breakfast and 30% discount for massage and return transfer to and from airport. You also get late check out till 3pm and one free massage for one hour. You can book up to 3 days before but when you booked you can not cancel. You need credit card for booking. I stayed in the VIP room and it was ok for that price. Only short walk to paradise complex.

colmx
August 26th, 2012, 17:56
Thanks for the infor Atri
We will only be staying 3 nights... but i notice they have a free 1 way airport transfer if we book 3 nights...

Do you (or others) have any accokmodation that you prefer in phuket?

Sundowners was another one i was considering...

BF wants to just fly there and look for something when we get there (low season)
But i don't want to get ripped off by walk in rates... especially given Patongs current reputation!

August 26th, 2012, 18:30
For the last 3 trips I have stayed at the Poppa Palace (5 mins from Paradise Centre) - and can recommend it.

No joiners fee, no hassle.

Last time I was there, they were extending it.

:occasion9:

colmx
August 26th, 2012, 19:23
Thanks for the tip SG - but my BF would castrate me for paying 2900B for a room for a night... and thats just for their basic room!
We generally only use our rooms for sleeping (and shagging) so the 2900B would be better spent on a boy and bottle of whiskey!

colmx
August 26th, 2012, 19:27
Actually it seems that Poppa palace has 2 sets of room rates

When you try to do an actual booking the rates are much less :1000-1500B per night...
Not sure why they have 2 sets of prices... as the original rates quoted were ridiculous

This makes the place much more interesting... So i will investigate it more!

atri1666
August 26th, 2012, 20:35
I have 2 other places to stay. Adonis guesthouse and Rendezvous hotel - both directly in the complex in the same soi but far away enough to have a good sleep. When you have utopiacard you will get 10% discount in Adonis.

colmx
August 26th, 2012, 21:07
Adonis guesthouse and Rendezvous hotel

Rendezvous is closed for August and september... So i have already ruled there out
But i will check out Adonis - thanks!

BTW does anyone know if superboys still open?
The first time i went there back in 2001 everybody was dancing naked with raging erections...

Those were the days!

August 26th, 2012, 21:24
I was last in Superboys in September 2010.

Only 4 or 5 boys but all very eager - and one was a real stunner!

Unfortunately I always feel uneasy in those "Golden Cock" situations where I'm the only customer and the centre of attention - didn't take anybody.

At that time an English farang had just opened up an open air beer bar maybe 50 yards before Superboys, with white leather sofas etc - don't know what he was thinking of as nobody ever goes there - if you get there, let me know on both counts.

:hello2:

newalaan
August 28th, 2012, 16:01
Sundowners was another one i was considering... Colmx, i stayed here in Feb, peak time and a decent size room with balcony was only Bt725, nice room with safe, tea/coffee facilities, and 2 huge extra towels for the beach/room massage in addition to usuual room comforts. Great staff, very attentive in their bar which has an open terrace to the soi. I kept a bottle of whiskey opened there and used the bar as a base while i hopped around the other venues, any time i returned the waiters where quick to produce fresh mixers/ice etc. Plenty of good food places in Paradise for breakfast etc.. the restaurant opposite did excellent farang breakfasts. I was there for 3 nights and had a great time.

I got Sundowners to arrange taxi from airport to guesthouse and return, all went smoothly. As I was just hanging around Patong and not going further afield on a short break I didn't need to use the tuktuks except when we went to the disco/clubs at the other end of Patong, the local waiters arranged a tuktuk guy they knew for a no-hassle Bt100 trip for 4 of us.

But be prepared for a stern warning and severe 'telling off' from 'Kjun12' for taking an enormous risk to life and limb by visiting such a dangerous and violent place. I (yet again on this visit as on previous visits) saw or experienced no basis for his hysterical claims. Just a trouble-free, fun short break in a gay area with laid back, nice staff at all the bars and venues i visited in Patong.

Beachlover
September 4th, 2012, 13:10
For the last 3 trips I have stayed at the Poppa Palace (5 mins from Paradise Centre) - and can recommend it.

No joiners fee, no hassle.

Last time I was there, they were extending it.
Yep... I agree. Though, it's been a few years since I stayed there.

It's also 5 mins' walk from the beach, if you take the little walking track through the bars.

Actually it seems that Poppa palace has 2 sets of room rates

When you try to do an actual booking the rates are much less :1000-1500B per night...
Not sure why they have 2 sets of prices... as the original rates quoted were ridiculous

This makes the place much more interesting... So i will investigate it more!
Are you talking about the rack rates displayed on the website?

Just ignore the rack rates - they're not an indicator of what's typically charged. Sometimes the rack rate will be 4,500 baht but the actual rate you pay might only be 2,000 baht.

Most of these low to mid-market hotels in Thailand do that from my experience. They have "rack rates" which they display as static content on their website. Then there are the actual rates, which you can only access if you input dates in their booking system or go through a booking engine like Agoda.

I guess the rack rates are the ceiling (which they never change) and the actual rates are the rates they adjust according to the level of demand and season (e.g. if demand very low this year, they'll adjust the rates lower to attract more customers).

Brad the Impala
September 5th, 2012, 15:05
Superboy is sadly no more.

Having not visited Phuket for three years now, I am saddened to hear several times on my first night that friends that I knew before are now "sick" or dead.

They lived fast.......and helped other's enjoyment of life, but their own has been shortened.

Tangmo has the usual assortment of sissy boys, but also has a sex show involving ex performers from Dream Boys Bangkok. I remember the main stud, previously offed in Bangkok, watching the infamous Nong Net video in order to keep hard while having sex. Net was the female movie star filmed by her boyfriend while having sex, which was later released on the net.

Last night Kiss bar seemed quite busy, although the better show was at Boat bar, which was sadly deserted. Generally Paradise seemed quiet, although younger gay tourists come here from increasingly various origins. Met two young guys from Kazakhstan last night, who had been to Pattaya last year, but found the sex too commercial, and they were having more sex with non commercial hook in Patong.

September 5th, 2012, 16:10
Well that's too bad about Superboy - although I have to say it's been on its last legs for a years with few boys and even fewer customers - always sad to see a venue close though because it dilutes the offering.
Too far out of the "gay area" and isolated where it is/was, I think being their main problem.
Was gobsmacked to read somewhere recently that Superboy was Phuket's oldest gay bar! I think it was in Nicky's guide.

Sorry to hear your news about the demise of some former friends.
I'm not being disrespectful but it reminds me that any time I went into Mama San club, I seemed to hear the same news that within the last week someone had killed himself or was dead - quickly followed by an outstretched hand and the immortal words "We collect money for funeral... what you want to give?"

I'm not a beach person nor a sightseer really, so I've always found a week in Phuket to be quite enough - but always had a good time. I've noticed though that you rarely see the same boys 2 or 3 years later, they seem to be more transient. And of course, BKK "tip" prices are expected in Phuket.

I don't know when I'll be back in Phuket - I never thought I could "do" 2 weeks in Pattaya, but I tried it last time and I was perfectly happy. Have a hankering to revisit BKK for a few days next time as I haven't been there for a few years - and since my days of taking off 8 boys are now well behind me, it would be affordable now :sign5:

:hello2:

September 5th, 2012, 17:57
This week i booked a few days for me and my bf to stay at CC Blooms just before christmas..i got the last ocean view room before it sold out