PDA

View Full Version : Happy Place Bar Goes Bonkers for Beer!

Neal
August 24th, 2012, 18:34
That's right! Now you can get your favorite International name beer right here at Happy Place Bar.
(We are sorry but only beers approved for import are available)

As of tomorrow, (they are chillin now, ask for your favorite beer and know it should be available for you right then!

Carlsberg Premium bottle or can
Magners Original Irish Cider
Beerlao Import or Imported Dark Lager
Hoegaarden Original Belgian Wheat Beer
Phuket Lager Beer
Three Oaks Crushed Apple Cider
Singha Light
Asahi Super Dry
Federbrau
San Miguel Pale Pilsen
Budweiser
Blackthorn
Stella Artois bottle and can
Old English Medium Dry Cider
Original Nach Cider dry
John Keplers Original Irish Cider
Cheers or Cheer X-tra
Export Malt by Chang

These fine beers on hand at Happy Place!

:alc:

SoiVC Slut-old
August 24th, 2012, 18:43
Bonkers is right. Do you know the price point yet?

Neal
August 24th, 2012, 19:30
The beers above will be served at 200 baht per can or bottle. The important aspect is not the profit amount but that when a customer comes to the bar, they get what they want. That's wky Coke as well as Pepsi are both available and light as well as Pepsi Max, Ginger Ale to go with your drink as well as many other "call" items. We want you to ejoy our boys as well as your drinks!

frequentflier
August 24th, 2012, 22:17
I dont see Heineken there,its a fav.of mine..

Neal
August 25th, 2012, 01:28
Of course Heineken, Singha and the others regularly sought after beers are available. These re the uncommon call brands that are special order and available at non-case prices.

frequentflier
August 25th, 2012, 03:15
200 bht for a bottle of Bud.is expensive..

August 25th, 2012, 03:43
You know I was thinking the very same thing generally whenI first read Da Boss's post in that ┬г4.00 STG for a bottle of beer was on the expensive side ( go go bar or not) BUT being a bit anal and having nothing else more important to do I actually texted a mate who I knew to be standing in a bar in my local city here having a beer and asked him to check the approximate price while he was there and much to my own surprise and disgust the cost here for a typical bottle of something was about ┬г3.50 or so ! And that was just in a standard bar, so I guess what with it being a go go bar and it being shipped in ( although surely ALL beer is shipped in from somewhere ? :) then the extra .50p isn't to bad and it appears that I'm maybe suffering from that rose tinted glasses thing where as you get older you start to "think" things used be cheaper than they actually were !! :-(

I should add that I dont think Neal was trying to stiff anyone here re costs etc as I'm sure he just threw a figure at it to cover his costs and a wee bit more and the whole point was to get a nice range of beers in for his customers ( and yes make a profit of course) - and it turns out his figure was just about spot on it seems ( or maybe he knew that all along anyway ! :-) This lack of knowing what a thing costs these days could now explain why I always seem to have much less money left over at the end of each month than I think I should !! I really will have to start getting out more - or at least start paying attention when I'm being given my change back after buying a beer ! to what change I'm being given back after buying a beer ! :-)

Neal
August 25th, 2012, 05:04
I have to get going this morning but to answer your question first off the list of beers on the previous page is NOT available in CASE lots (ok 1 or 2 bad sellers are but and a bar would not usually want to stock a case as a bad seller) to us or anyone else. So add something from the 150 baht for the extra price we have to pay as we have no buy these at RETAIL. Second off a special trip has to be made to pick these up as they are sold because they are not available through our beer distributors. We keep 2 on hand of each name so every time a customer buys one or two, well it's off to the market to replace them and get them cold quickly in case you come back or we have a customer who wants the same name the next night. So now you see the little 50 baht extra is a lot you get for having us stock a different call brand beer. Its YOU the customer we are trying to please and a lot of extra work rather than saying, MEI ME and giving you a Heineken or a Singha.

Remember that your regular popular beers are still all available here at only 150 baht.

catawampuscat
August 25th, 2012, 16:59
I tried buying Beer Lao, dark at the big beverage stores just off Soi Daynight and they didn't have any.
I haven't been to Happy Place Bar in a while and the new beer offer is just what I need to stop by.
I have noticed the hot doormen and like it best when they are shirtless..

TOQ
August 25th, 2012, 17:11
I tried buying Beer Lao, dark at the big beverage stores just off Soi Daynight and they didn't have any.
I haven't been to Happy Place Bar in a while and the new beer offer is just what I need to stop by.
I have noticed the hot doormen and like it best when they are shirtless..

I somehow don't believe it is the beer you are looking for, unless that is his name

apoppin
August 26th, 2012, 06:04
You have two of my favorites on your list, cider and Lao dark. Just a couple more reasons to stop by next wander.

Neal
August 26th, 2012, 06:28
Free samples of Cider Thailand will be given away all week! New product!
Available Monday night August 27th.

Dodger
August 26th, 2012, 19:55
Hoegaarden...now you've got my interest.

There's only one bar I know of in Chicago that sells Hoegaarden served it in a frosted mug which sells for $5.00 (150 bt). I don't think 200 bt ($6.60 US) a bottle is unreasonable at all when served in a gogo bar.

I'll have to visit Happy Place when I arrive in October...just don't know exactly where it is.

DaBoss: Please put a six pack of Hoegaarden on ice for Oct 2nd - and if you have a slim fem type boy on staff who could serve these to me - evan better.

Neal
August 26th, 2012, 20:03
OK but we stock 2 of each so if you are sure, I will have 8 on hand a frost a mug for you. Seems we also missed a few we can get and will add to that current list next week!

anonone
August 26th, 2012, 20:13
This is a cool idea daBoss....

Hoegaarden is actually pretty widely available in the US...but I am not fond of Wheat beers, so I leave those for Dodger.

But there are several others on the list that I will try....

I might even actually drink a Budweiser, just for the novelty of drinking one in Thailand. :tongue3:

Neal
August 26th, 2012, 20:27
Anonone I was actually thinking of asking you to bring a sizx pack or two over of Coors for me! Well for the bar!

Dodger
August 26th, 2012, 20:47
Daboss wrote:

OK but we stock 2 of each so if you are sure, I will have 8 on hand a frost a mug for you. Seems we also missed a few we can get and will add to that current list next week![/

4 would probably work OK for my first night in town...I don't want to get too sloshed and lose the stamina for dessert.

August 27th, 2012, 12:14
Okie Dokie! We only have a few on hand to see how they go and for conveinience and to satisfy a customer. They can be restocked within a few hours.