View Full Version : The Corner Bar

arsenal
August 24th, 2012, 15:16
Is the corner bar or not?

August 24th, 2012, 15:54
It is closed

frequentflier
August 24th, 2012, 22:19
It used to be a good place,not the cleanest, but nice crowd.

arsenal
August 25th, 2012, 09:26
Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks anyway Butterfly.

August 25th, 2012, 09:34
Sorry it was not better news. I enjoyed the bar from time to time myself and really hated to see it sold.

arsenal
August 25th, 2012, 11:49
I have so many happy memories of CB, if it's closed on my next visit then I shall be disappointed. However it won't stay closed forever, the lights will shine aain. It was Gary who built it and opened up the whole of the Soi with light and vistas.

catawampuscat
August 25th, 2012, 17:06
I have so many happy memories of CB, if it's closed on my next visit then I shall be disappointed. However it won't stay closed forever, the lights will shine aain. It was Gary who built it and opened up the whole of the Soi with light and vistas.

I was a regular at CB when Gary owned it and had numerous good times. It was the original home of the barmy
army and served as headquarters for a long time before All of Me took over. It has a great location in the center of Sunee Plaza..
One thing for sure it that things keep changing and as previous poster stated, CB will reopen one day
and help brighten the whole area which is somewhat depressing with such a large central bar shuttered..

frequentflier
August 26th, 2012, 01:06
It was the best location in the plaza,hopefully someone will reopen it.

August 27th, 2012, 03:20
Well I don't know if that's true or not it that case - but it's financial suicide to have a bar and not be there, as many absentee owners have found out over the years.

Dodger
August 27th, 2012, 04:51
Yes it was the home of the barmy army and all sorts of groups and individuals but it's now
CLOSED because libelous For some reason this forum denies the truth in this instance but I can tell you all that the reason the bar is now closed is because of the libelous.

No, actually Corner Bar is closed now because the guy that the two well-meaning USA guys sold it to didn't have the foggiest clue as to how to run a bar business in LOS.

The reason why the two USA guys sold the bar as presented here is pure speculation...based on "human perception" (which is almost always wrong) and the blossoming of rumors which seems to invigorate those suffering from boredom.

I was informed directly by the two USA guys two months before they put out the "For Sale" sign that their reason for selling related to a serious health concern one of the USA guys was (and is) facing. It had absolutely nothing to do with having money stolen from them by anyone as you suggest

pennyboy
August 27th, 2012, 19:51
Well then!
If you were informed directly by the two former owners ,it must be true.
:sign5:

Dodger
August 28th, 2012, 05:24
pennyboy wrote:

Well then!
If you were informed directly by the two former owners ,it must be true.

Yep...Unless you can provide a more reliable source than the owners themselves..

Manforallseasons
August 28th, 2012, 12:58
I miss them both, they will be a hard act to follow.

kittyboy
August 28th, 2012, 14:42
The corner bar is in a great location so why is it closed.

Is it soley that fuckwhits have bought it and fucked up operating it?

blazer
August 30th, 2012, 08:32
The corner bar is in a great location so why is it closed.

Is it soley that fuckwhits have bought it and fucked up operating it?

No, not really.

Michael and Thomas are exceptional people.

Michael is a great host, and knows how to take care of his customers. He was always there to meet and greet and say hello.

He is a top salesman in the USA, and we were very fortunate to have him in the Corner Bar for as long as we did.

kittyboy
August 30th, 2012, 09:38
Michael and Thomas are both great guys.

On my many trips to Pattaya I hung out there and had many a good night.

Take my comments as post Michael and Thomas.