View Full Version : Meeting my Daily Quota

bruce_nyc
August 23rd, 2012, 18:16
How have you all been!? I feel like a neglectful mother who went out, on a Friday night, for an evening out on the town..... leaving her kids at home alone..... Then she had so much fun that she never went home again at all.... completely forgetting she even had any kids.... until the following Thursday.

So, I'm sorry I haven't even had time to read the forum at all since I arrived here in Pattaya on Friday the 17th.

Of course, I've been whoring around town like a trollop 24 hours a day..... so I've been quite busy.

If my estimates are correct... I took the number of boys in Pattaya, divided by the number of days I will be here... and I need to keep my quota up.... of 28.8 boys per day... to do them all, in time, while I'm here.

Well, I can tell you that in these past 6 days, I've learned so very much about the gay Pattaya, and gay Thailand, scene that I never knew. Most of it being things that either: are never going to be discussed openly in a public online forum --- instead, they are sort of whispered over coffee with someone you know and trust.... Or, are things that are very very hard to put into words --- things you just have to see and experience and live through.... to understand.

I can also more clearly see why there are such differing descriptions of "the way things work here", from so many different people.... whose descriptions all seem to be diametrically opposed.... as if 12 witnesses saw the same accident, and every one of the 12 saw a completely different set of events.

Anyway, even now, I am very short on time. I only have about 2 hours of time alone, from now till 6pm, to get some work done online... before my next appointment and my evening plans begin... ( and in that 2 hours I also need to shower and change ).... so I'll write fast. I'll also probably have to write more in dribs and drabs as little windows of opportunity for "online time" occur.

I normally live an extremely busy life in New York City. I work pretty much 7 days a week, long hours.... but I can tell you that my social calendar here has been many times more packed than back at home. And I am commensurably exhausted as a result. I've been getting very little sleep.... But don't feel sorry for me. It's all been by choice, and because of too much pleasure.

Enough of that blah blah blah. In a nutshell, here's what has happened so far.... with more detail to be filled in later. Forgive me that all the days are blending into one long day, so I might have many things out of chronological order.

I arrived. Nicky gave me a fine tour of Sunee Plaza. I met the very nice American co-owner of Yaya's. ( Can I say his name here? ) Went to Murphy's something-or-other, a go go bar in Sunee. Next day I went to Happy Place in Boyztown, and offed a brand new guy, who had only worked there one week, named (I'll call him J). ( yes, yes, I know, they all say that, but J had only met DaBoss for the first time that day, and DB also has said that that is true ). J is a very nice gay guy, 34, pretty muscular physique, and was great in bed ( experience has value! ).

Had that amazing dinner with DaBoss and GayButton at Cafe des Ami. Cafe des Ami can be summed up in two words: "world class". It's as good or better than almost any restaurant in Manhattan. ALL are over the top: food, presentation, service, intimate atmosphere.... The only thing that wasn't quite up to par, in fact, was something that the restaurant has no control over anyway... and thus it was not their fault..... the company. ( Remember, I went with DaBoss and GayButton. ) But if you do choose to go there for dinner, you can go with anyone you want to... you don't have to go with those two clowns. ( for those literal readers out there, I'm just kidding.... that was a joke ).

In all seriousness, I feel very honored that DB wanted to share one of his most favorite experiences / places with me, Cafe des Ami, as soon as I arrived. The fact that he picked up the bill just shows the type of guy he is. But to me, it meant far more that he wanted to spend some time with me and share one of his very favorite joys of living here... in my company.

For those who have not yet met DaBoss / Neal ( or "pom pom pooey" as he is known by everyone here ), I want to say that he is one of the most charming, kind, generous, sweetest, intelligent, people you'll ever meet. As one of my new Thai boys, whom I'll tell you about in a bit, described him.... "He is big heart. Good man."

After dinner with Neal and GB, I decided to try Funny Boys. I met a 23-year-old there. His name is ( on second thought, maybe to be discreet, I shouldn't use his name here... I'll call him A ). He's been with me pretty much 24/7 for 5 days now... so that should tell you something about him. It was his 2nd day on the job. Even till now, I am his very first and only customer. ( i know, i know, "they all lie". but again, this has been verified several ways... not that I really care at all ). Besides being a young cutie with a great body, his English is crazy good. He knows large words that I am continuously shocked that he knows. And... He's extremely intelligent --- I mean shockingly so --- which I also love.

To give you an example.... I was telling a new falong friend about him.... and some of his background stories, experiences, and things he has told me.... and I get the typical, "Yeah yeah... but they all lie", etc., etc. Then later, the next day... That same falong actually meets A, and we all have time to sit and socialize. Then later, the next day, that same falang tells me out of the blue, "You were right about A. He is exceptional..., and I'm very much inclined to believe him." It was as if he was saying, "Forget everything I said before. This one is the exception."

Ok... The second day ( or was it the third? ), I made it to Monty's. It was so simple to find I couldn't believe it. I just called him on the phone to let him know I was coming ( just in case, to make sure ), then I went to where I was told to go. I stood in the middle of the little street between Center Condo ( a huge landmark condo building which every motorbike taxi knows; although I just walked the 5 minute walk from boyztown ), and Cucumber Restaurant (another obvious landmark you can't miss). I stood in the middle of that street, just where the arriving cars would enter the entrance if going to Center Condo, and called Monty's telephone number ( which he has posted, 0852792230 ). He instantly stepped out into the street, and I could see him in the distance on his phone. Using this method, it was crazy easy to find. Monty was most grateful for the cheesecake and the visit, and A and I had a great breakfast and chat there. He offered a Thai breakfast (from next door) for A, and a huge falong breakfast for me, with a couple of excellent cappuccinos too.

Monday was a beach day. A and I went with DaBoss and we met TOQ who was already there when we arrived. Great fun just yacking about everything and nothing. What a pleasure to sit under the umbrellas, with the sea breeze, and I had a manicure, pedicure, an excellent 4-handed massage, snacks and drinks in between... I even bought out half of the inventory of the deaf mute guy who sells handmade paper-cut pop-up greeting cards. It was a very fun and relaxing day. Also met some of the hotties who flock around DaBoss constantly.... His normal entourage expands when he goes to the beach, of course.

Upcoming chapters I will still have to tell you about, as soon as I get time, include:

Having one boy (A) pick the other... Going to almost every go go club in town (both areas) to do it.... The result: The hottest boy in Pattaya: Meeting O at A Bomb.
[/*:m:2o88rx1w]
Walking around with these two, and everyone staring.
The Show at the Copa
Three days with O now. Five days with A. They really really like each other, and enjoy spending time with each other very much, too. We are like the 3 Musketeers now.
Second Beach Day. Beach boys still are there, and hotter than ever. Seeing M again, and meeting his friends he brought with him, L and B.
Police and helmets. M in bed.
Not seeing O for a day and a half, and what happened as a result.
Last night: Boy Bingo, then late night at Happy Place with O & A (where a VIP customer made a small mistake),
The Walking Street, Lucifer, and Mix, and going to sleep at 5:30am.
Bowling tonight.[/*:m:2o88rx1w]

I'll fill in the above stories later when and as I have time...

This has all happened so fast..... It's like The Twilight Zone. SO MUCH happens in one day, that it's hard to believe how time flies.

By the way, for the so-called "rainy season"... I'm pretty sure it has not rained one single time since I've been here. If it has, I didn't notice. The weather has been a balmy tropical weather, not much different than Key West. I have absolutely no complaints about the weather. And the ratio of ( far far less ) falong, to ( more than plenty ) boys..... is wonderful. Really wonderful. I mean, a thousand boys.....? How many can you really do at once anyway.....!? This might very well be my new favorite time of year to come to Thailand.... ( Although I am already booking my next two trips here... One for January, and one for later next spring/summer... only because I can't wait a whole year to come back. On my next three trips, I'll be bringing 3 different friends of mine who are dying to come with me... after hearing me talk about it so much. )

I can tell you... I have so many new --- updated in my mind --- perspectives on sex, love, money, relationships, falong tourists, falong expats, and thai boys.... now... I could fill a book. I'll expound on some of my views on it all later, when and as I have time.

Gotta run now to shower and get ready for taking O and A bowling this evening.... and who knows where the evening will take us... :ink: ( yes, DB, looks like we'll be doing bowling more than one or two evenings... the boys are crazy about bowling... and I really love making them happy )

anonone
August 23rd, 2012, 18:49
Hey Bruce. Thanks for checking in. I was beginning to wonder if you were still coherent enough to use a computer :sign5:

Your descriptions are spot on and make me recall my first couple trips to Thailand. What an adventure.

And similar to me, booking future tips just as soon as possible.

Have a blast and remember to stay hydrated. The Thai boys can wear you out. :love4:

Hopefully I will have a chance to say hello in person....I arrive in about 10 days.

:party

Oh, and I agree 100% about daBoss !

catawampuscat
August 23rd, 2012, 23:52
I met Bruce briefly while sitting with TOQ at All of Me in Sunee Plaza. I can verify his taste in boys as
both Thai guys with him were hot and sexy. Of course, just my opinion but it was obvious Bruce was
having a ball and very happy..

Neal
August 24th, 2012, 00:50
Yes, Bruce has excellent taste (pardon the pun) in boys. He has taken boys off from A Bomb, Funny Boys and mine and the ones he has been seen with are all stunners that I would have picked. He appears to be having a great time and I am very very pleased. So many people whine.

stkyricesf
August 24th, 2012, 01:03
Hey Bruce, great report. Its makes my day to see your enthusiasm, and it brings back my memories of the first time to the LOS. Looking forward to your continuous reports.
Thanks. :wav:

adman5000
August 24th, 2012, 19:33
I agree with Stkyricesf.

It is refereshing to see comments on this board which remind me of why I keep coming back to Thailand. Yes, there are things to complain about. BUt there are so many more things to love.

Impulse
August 25th, 2012, 03:13
This is the report I like to hear! Such enthusiasm!...Yes you can still have a great time in LOS. It's all about your attitude. i hope others will take a page from Bruce's book...it's what you make of it.
I can't wait to get there myself. :party

bucknaway
August 25th, 2012, 07:38
The people there respond well to visitors with a carefree "Don't sweat the small stuff" attitude.

It is also a place that never seems to lack fun. You can even make a new friend when you cross the street with a small crowd.

I love it there. Often you will experience things there that will be unbeleavable to others, just enjoy the moments, the people and the days as they come and go.

arsenal
August 25th, 2012, 09:39
A wonderful post Bruce. Not only descriptive but capturing the frantic time you are having. Cheers.

bruce_nyc
August 26th, 2012, 11:23
All so true...

Not sure when I'll have time to write more details. Every minute seems accounted for, and more. Getting sleep has become a slight problem, and a priority. The boy I describe below says to me upon us getting back to the room at 5:00am...... "Sleep 2 Hour Ok. Enough for me." ( as I'm smiling and knowing we've been sleeping 2 hours every night... and thinking it sure as hell isn't enough for me! ....oh, remember being 24 and invincible....? )

Not going to let myself get sick though! ....as you guys reminded me. Switched from coffee to water throughout the day too. Great advice. I'm planning to take a benedryl induced nap for at least 2-4 hours during the early daytime today.

Meanwhile...

I've fallen head over heals in love with the hottest young ( 24 year old ) stud in Thailand. :-)

Definitely having the full-on "boyfriend experience" joy ride now...

Of course, when I say fallen in love, I mean... "fallen in lust"... which is more accurate. ;-)

I told my friends.... Don't worry, I'm still coming back to New York...

It was about our second day together, he smiles and says, "I like you." I smile and say the same thing back. Later, but still early on, I made sure he knew the word "jelous". He did. I explained, "I will never never never be jelous. You are popular. You have many falong customers. It's ok. It's good. It's good money. And you like some customers sometimes. I never never never jelous." ( which is absolutely true about me, by the way ).

One day I said to him, "The day before yesterday I like you this much..." ( holding my thumb and index finger about half an inch apart ). He tilted his head slightly and looked at me with this this curious frown like a confused puppy, obviously wondering where I was going with this... I continued, "Yesterday I like you this much..." ( moving my fingers to about an inch apart). He smiles as he's catching on... "Today I like you this much." ( with my fingers about two inches apart now). He gave me a Big smile, understanding completely. I know he liked that I had said this, because later when his beautiful cousin ( whom he had introduced me to the day before) joined us for the show at Copa, he told her this whole story.... with a very big smile.

Ok, so, at dinner last night, he had this very serious look on his face. He put his hand on his heart and said, "I feel you in my heart." I smiled and said, "Me too." Still very serious, he said, "I no love you. Cannot. I bar boy. I like you. Only like you. Cannot love you." I said, "Ok. You like me very much. I like you very much. No love." ....hoping my warm smile would ease his conflicted feelings.

Ironically, several hours later, by the end of the night, he whispered to me, "I love you."

I'll call him "T". We're planning to take a quick 3-day side trip together to Koh Samui.... He wants me to meet his Mama and Papa. I'm still uncertain of exactly precisely what the significance of that is.... to him. He also really wants to tour me and show me how beautiful and scenic his home (village? island?) is there....

Oh yeah. One more thing. His Mama and Papa have no idea that he's gay. Everyone who meets him assumes he's straight because he's a masculine little stud. :-) Anyway, he says he thinks... "Mama really like you. She see your face. Very handsome. Beautiful smile." ( i'm thinking okaaaayyy... this should be interesting and slightly scary ) He continues, "Then I tell Mama and Papa I am gay." ( as i'm thinking, omg... what am i getting myself into ) Oh well, I guess I'm always up for an adventure. It's seems like this will make him very happy. So we plan to fly there tomorrow morning, and be there 3 days, Monday - Wednesday.

Thursday is the big day.

He asked for 5 days off from his day job, so we plan to then stay in Bangkok Thursday - Friday. Coincidentally, my ( real American ) boyfriend will have one day free in Bangkok between business travels, on this Thursday, so I'm thinking that that will be the day they meet each other.... and the three of us spend the day together. Since we'll have a hotel there, we'll probably have time to play together too. They both know about each other, and are anxious to meet each other. I really hope they hit it off together... I think they will. If so, when my bf joins me on September 10th for the last two weeks here, it'll be wonderful times with the three of us. :-)

Letting him control the money.

As a side story, I learned this very useful tip from a falong acquaintance... One night "T" and I went to Idol. He invited 2 friends, and ran into a 3rd friend there. Anyway, I'm sure you know how these "bottle table bars", as I would call them, work. Long story short, every time a check came I'd show it to him. He'd approve it, in effect, and I'd pay it.

Well, apparently, I screwed up once and paid one that he hadn't seen... and I bought some guy a 400 Baht drink who had sorta just "crashed" our table. Later, he somehow learned of this and asked me why I bought this guy a drink. "He not my friend! I don't even know him!" I was thinking, How do I know which are your friends? I'm meeting everyone for the first time. He was really upset that I was so easy tricked and cheated out of 400 Baht.

So when telling a farong this story the next day, he made this suggestion: "What you do is.... Decide in advance exactly how much your budget is going to be for the evening. Even discuss it and agree on it together with your boy in advance if you want to. Then give that amount to him before the start of the evening, and let him take care of paying everything. He carries the money, and anytime you're asked to buy or pay for anything just say, 'Not up to me. Up to him.'"

Well, the next evening I tried this strategy --- didn't matter what we planned to do that evening. We discuss how much we want to spend. I give it to him. He's in charge of the money. I tell him whatever is left, he can keep it. ( But, so far, he never has. He always insists on giving the remainder back to me at the end of the night. )

There are many great advantages to this. (1) It shows him that I trust him and respect him. (2) He gets huge brownie points ( or 'save face' / status symbol points ) since he's the big man ordering and paying every bill.... and everyone notices. (3) He is very frugal and protective of my money, making sure we're not cheated or tricked (4) He tips people appropriately, even when I wouldn't have realized I was supposed to tip, or not supposed to tip, certain people... I notice he tips generously, but not inappropriately too large or small an amount (5) I don't have to deal with those stupid check-bin things, nor look like an old fart getting out my reading glasses to read them! I look like I'm the boy and he's treating me. I like that. ;-)

My new falong buddies were absolutely horrified when I told them I was thinking of reviewing ALL of my trip budget and spending with him and including him in the decision making. But I figure, why not? It's worked very well so far with our evenings out... And besides it's not like he's blind or stupid. ( I'm also very attracted to intelligent people, and kind and honest people. He is all three. ) They know how much things cost. He sees how much I'm spending anyway. It's no big secret. And he's definitely alot better at coming up with ways to make the money go further... than I am. They're used to making one dollar stretch as far as ten dollars would ( for us ).

And while he's protective of my money, he's also sensitive about my comfort too... He realizes that I have might have minimum standards too.... saying things like, "I think you not like. No air conditioning."

So Koh Samui is tomorrow morning. Bangkok is Thursday & Friday. Saturday back in Pattaya. I'll let you know how it all goes....

adman5000
August 26th, 2012, 20:22
Glad you are enjoying Thailand as it should be enjoyed.

anonone
August 26th, 2012, 21:36
After hearing such raving comments about A and O in the first post, very interesting to hear about the new one....T. I am glad you are having such a good time and meeting some great Thai friends. :thumbup:

Have a fun time in Koh Samui and Bangkok.

One week now until I arrive back in Thailand.....Your reports are just the thing to whet the appetite...so to speak.

:party

August 31st, 2012, 06:35
Ok Bruce so it's been four whole days now since your last trip report, where in your last post you reported your starting to falling in love / lust with some lovely young Thai guy so due to your absence we're now getting concerned that he has stolen your heart and you've forgotten the reason for your trip - which is of course solely to provide us salacious reports of your nefarious activities and tickle us with your tales of debauchery ! :-) So, on that note how's it all going then, are you still alive or have those damned cute Thai boys literally fucked the life right out of you ? :-)

anonone
August 31st, 2012, 16:49
hmmmm....I seem to recall Mr NIrish taking a bit of a break from posting during his recent month long debauchery tour. May we presume that Bruce is up to the same activities that caused a similar intermission? :evil4:

I believe we are all guilty of this from time to time.....

:laughing3:

August 31st, 2012, 17:02
:-) you are of course quite correct, the difference however is that I said from the outset that I'd be much too busy getting at it than posting about it :-) whereas Bruce has assured ( well me personally anyway if not us all) of full blow by blow action packed posts and now I'm sitting here all deflated waiting on the next exciting instalment ! lol

On a serious note yes I'm sure you're quite right, we all start of with the best of intentions with regards to posting etc whilst away and then to paraphrase John Lennon life is what happens whilst your busy making plans ! Still posts or not I'm delighted Bruce is there "living it large" with his boyfriend and his boyfriend ( that's just plain greedy !! ) and I'm sure he'll let us all know how he / they are all getting on when he's good and ready :-)

Remember Bruce if you're reading this - keep drinking water otherwise those boys will have you on your back ( but from dehydration this time!) in no time ! :-)

Neal
August 31st, 2012, 18:34
Well since Bruce has not written anything but I speak to him hourly, I will give you a hint. He is near Koh Samui for a few days visiting the boy friends family. He is head over heels for him and vice versa. he said when I meet the b/f I will just go crazy over his handsome looks. We shall see.
His other b/f comes in from NY I think tomorrow and they will all be in Bangkok or they are now and I think they were all to be in Pattaya tomorrow.
I think he said he had some upcoming side trips planned.
Now I will let him tell you the whole scoop but he is keeping so busy it is pathetic and like a kid in a candy shop.
Go for another candy sucker Bruce!

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2012, 00:05
Thanks Bruce for your report, and looking forward to the updates. Great fun, and you're right on so many counts to let your guy look after the money.

bruce_nyc
September 1st, 2012, 11:32
wow wow wow....

Too much for words. I am sitting in the lobby restaurant at Tarntawan Place Hotel right now. It's 11:09am. This is the first time I've had 50 minutes to spare, plus internet and laptop.... while we're waiting for the car service to arrive. I scheduled it for 12noon. This is a very decent hotel. I really like it. It's not 5-star, but a very very good value for the money, I think. Great air conditioning in the rooms. Great breakfast. Great coffee. ( The only good coffee I've had since in Thailand. I'm pretty sure it's not instant. ) The service is impeccable and professional and personalized.

Anyway, so much has happened I don't know where to begin. "T" and I have had a fantastic ride together. I agreed to fly to meet his Mama and Papa at his "home". They live in Koh Samui. "Very beautiful look. I show you everything on motorbike." Sounded like a fun adventure. Why not. "You no stay at my home. No air conditioning. You no like. Stay at nice hotel together." Ok. Why not.

The first clue was when I was booking the flight ticket. "No, no Koh Samui. Too far. Taxi too far." He insisted it was easier to fly to "Nakhon Si Thammarat". "Taxi only two hours." Ok. Whatever you say.

I was envisioning picturesque island beaches on Koh Samui.... "Very good looking. I show you."

At the Nakhon Si Thammarat airport we were greeted by "Mama". She arrived via "taxi".... which turned out to be a "friend of Mama" who owned a circa early 1990s toyota pickup truck with no a/c and a standard transmission with apparently no working first gear. After the polite smiles and greetings, the driver loaded our luggage into the bed of the truck. Mama climbed into the bed of the truck also, to ride with the luggage. "More room for you inside." It was about a two hour trek, I think. My legs cramped from sitting sideways.... so my knees would fit. Also, wearing the new black jeans and new leather dress shoes he made me wear ( obviously to impress ), was almost the least comfortable attire I can think of. But I am a trooper. :)

In case you haven't figured it out by now, we were nowhere near the Island of Koh Samui. Apparently, the word "near" got dropped in the translation. We were in the very center of the mainland SW of Koh Samui. No beaches for many many miles. And we were heading even more inland...

We arrived at the family home, and I was suddenly immersed into a world of abject poverty. An assortment of wooden shacks, to concrete structures. Most with no doors, or if they had doors, they were never closed. No windows -- at least no glass, no screens -- just shutters. Roaming everywhere were skinny chickens, mangy dogs, little lizards, and one noisy rooster, and many other various animals.

Of course, everyone was very happy to meet me. He said "They never see Falang before." ....and I believe him. They were very wide-eyed at the sight of me. Everyone was. But full of smiles and very gracious. Constantly concerned for my comfort. Every time they offered me a taste of something, they watched my face like they were feeding a baby, to see if I'd like it or not. I'm pretty sure I tasted several things I would never have tasted if I had had any idea what I was eating. But, life is an adventure.

Mama's brother caught a big fish that day. Mama cooked up the fish, along with shrimp and chicken.... about 8 different dishes in all.... in my honor. We ate lots of food.

( still writing this, battery getting low )

anonone
September 1st, 2012, 14:29
Oh My God ! I am laughing so hard now....

While I wait for the rest of the story, I can just imagine your sense of bewilderment. Not exactly the romantic beach getaway I believe you envisioned at the beginning of this little adventure....

But I guarantee you will remember this for the rest of your life.

I do hope all this has a happy ending....in the more traditional sense.

Thanks for the update Bruce....

September 1st, 2012, 14:38
Sounds like my visit's to my bf's village...next dec will be my 3rd time i've stayed there..had my birthday party last time with his family and friends and i'm going back for his birthday..so we can do the same again.
yes every where we go in his area people stop and stare at me....i stay 2 or 3 weeks near his village and have got to know his family and friends really well.
and some of his friends have since added to my facebook friends

bruce_nyc
September 1st, 2012, 16:08
We just arrived back at Cafe Royale in Pattaya about 2:22pm. It was a long ride, but a nice car service ( one recommended by DaBoss ). 1000 Baht.

I told "T" that I need to "work" on computer --- which really means, to catch you all up on this saga.... He took all my laundry to his room to wash and fold it for me again. I must say, he spoils me that way. But.... to continue where I left off....
____

I almost left this part out: Before we went, I asked about beaches there. He said, "Yes! Beach at my home! I show you!"

So, here we are..... at his "home". I said, "How far is the beach from here?" He said, "Beach here. You no see?" .....as he pointed to the little canal that passed under a bridge on the roadway and on alongside his family's property. Again, apparently the word beach was lost in translation. ( In hindsight, it probably wouldn't have mattered. So far, almost every Thai I've met hates the beach anyway. )

Later, after eating, Papa offered me a glass of cold Leo beer. I graciously accepted... and drank half a glass.

We sat for hours. We watched nothing happening. The occasional bird. The occasional motorbike or sidecar-motorbike rig pass by down the road. They talked here and there. Smiles, jokes, laughter. Extremely poor rural country life to be sure. I was very surprised I enjoyed myself.... at least for the limited time I was there. I think it's the first time I've been without any modern conveniences for so long. No phone. No a/c. No restaurant nor hotel. No English. Only barefoot poverty and smiles. I suddenly realized I was "in the moment". Enjoying the pleasure of life itself and nothing more.... unaided by technology or luxury. I honestly can't remember the last time that happened for me. Maybe as a child visiting family on a farm in the Midwest. But we always had way more than these people do.

I had already been warned by my new falang pals, before leaving on this side trip, that I might get cornered and hit up for money. Like "house need new roof". Or "mama sick". Or some such. So in advance, I asked him. Will family ask for money? He said, "No! They meet you first time. Why they ask money? No!" Ok. Fair warning. I considered it discussed and resolved. True to his word, they never asked for anything.

End of the first day, the same "taxi" ( the friend with the pickup) came to drive us to the hotel for the first time. It was about a 50 minute ride. The hotel is supposed to be the best hotel in the region. It was big. And old. I was the only falong even there. The a/c in the room barely worked at all. The internet only worked once in a while, and even then was so extremely slow that even email wouldn't load. They had only twin beds, so sleeping together was like sleeping on a cot. For about $75 a night.

That night, in bed, I couldn't sleep. I had terrible stomach pains ... and a slight fever. I was a little worried. No no no. I can't get sick now. "T" blamed it on the beer. He was certain that half a glass of beer is what had upset my stomach and made me sick. "Why you drink beer!?" I said, Because Papa give to me. I polite. ( It couldn't have been the dozens of other unidentifiable things I ate there that day. :) )

The morning of the second day, he suggested we buy some fresh fruit for Mama's Mama. She's been sick. She's 80+ years old. Her and her husband were among the 20 or so family members I had spent the day with..... ranging from 1 to 80+ years old. We bought some fruit. A token gift really.

Mama likes duck. So we bought a duck for Mama too. Then it was my idea to buy some Leo beer for Papa too.

He explained to me that he has a Papa number 2. "Papa number 2, and Mama, make me". But "Mama & Papa separate 17 years. Papa number 1 is very good Papa. We go see Papa number 2 today too. He like coffee." So we bought coffee too

The second day was very similar to the first day. The children who had been a bit shy the first day, warmed up to me much more the second day. So did everyone. They were all very warm the first day, it's just that they were just as warm.... but less shy... the second day.

We took the family motorbike to visit his Papa number two. It had been so long, he couldn't remember exactly how to get there. We got only a tiny bit lost on the maze of country tiny dirt trails that seemed to wind and turn and branch in every random direction. After asking about 5 or so passing strangers, we got directions. Met Papa number 2 and his wife. Delivered coffee. Gratuitous hospitality all around.

Later, back at the family compound of shacks, I got more tours. More laughing and smiles and joking. So many family members and little toddlers and dogs. I used a 20 foot pole to pop down a few fresh coconuts..... which were then served to me. I tried lots of fruits I'd never seen before, and something sweet and chewy apparently grilled inside some sort of leaf.

Mama has a concrete slab single garage-door unit.... with a concrete porch area on the front. Actually, half of a duplex of two of these units. She has the one on the left. It's on the main road. There, she runs a little general store, I would call it. Very very little. She has nearly a dozen or two items for sale --- mostly food and snack items. She keeps an inventory of 3 or 4 of each item on makeshift shelves. She has a very small sized refrigerator, which gets plugged in only when needed.... and an electric fan.... which was plugged in, and always positioned, for my comfort. That's where I learned about toilets which have no flush.... only a bowl to pour your own flush water. There is a tiled concrete table with tiled concrete benches on all four sides, on the front porch of it.... in the shade of the extended overhang roof. This place becomes the centerpiece of socializing. All the family, and all the friends, pass by.... and as they do, they stop in for a moment, or for the whole afternoon or evening. It's the neighborhood hang out. In the daytime, the ladies sit and chat while eating fruit and whatnot. In the evening, after Papa and the other men get off work doing construction work, they file in around the concrete table and drink beer and eat "pork" ( which I quickly discovered is really liver ). They unceremoniously toss each of their empty beer bottles off the porch into a pile in the side yard of the place. Of course, it's more like a small mountain of beer bottles there now.... which the chickens and lizards and dogs love to explore the nooks and crannies of.

Toward the end of the second day hanging out there, "T" asked me to move over to the table in front of the duplex neighbor's place. Another friend with a pickup showed up. All the men pitched in and began loading everything from the shop onto the pickup. I asked "T" what was happening. He explained that Mama had been paying 1000 Baht per month for this place, plus electricity. She decided to just move the store in to her own house.... ( which was way in.... down the long dirt driveway... and not on the main road ). They moved the shelving, the refrigerator, the inventory, the cooking pots and pans, everything. They made about three or four trips in all, down that dirt road driveway and back, to move the entire store into their home... where all the brothers and sisters have gone and left empty ( they're all in bangkok and pattaya working now ).... and where they don't have to pay any rent. I asked him how the customers will know that the store is hidden way way down that driveway. He says, they know. Besides, the family and the friends of the family make up most of the customers anyway. Hmmm. Ok. Seemed like a sound business decision then... I guess.

The third and last day there in Thamarat, he decided to have Mama and Papa come in from Phipun to Thamarat instead of us going to the country again. They rode about an hour on their little motorbike to come in and meet us. We had spotted an MK restaurant inside a tesco store the other day. We took Mama & Papa to dinner there. Apparently the whole family -- in Phipun, and brothers and sisters in Bangkok, and Pattaya -- is still talking about it. They'd never experienced anything like it before. After dinner, they roamed the tesco store ( a thai Walmart ) like it was country people's first trip to Fifth Avenue in New York. I bought his mama three or four $4 dresses, and his papa and family one light bulb and a battery powered hanging wall clock plus batteries. They were thrilled and very appreciative.

He had explained to me why they had waited far down by the street when they arrived earlier that day. They had never been to a hotel like that before and were too shy to enter. So to end our last day there, I insisted they come in and relax in the lounge for one drink together -- just the four of us. They seemed to enjoy it very much, yet seemed to be hiding a bit of discomfort of being out of their element. Kinda how I would feel if suddenly, unexpectedly, invited to Buckingham Palace for tea.

( and there's more.... )

joe552
September 1st, 2012, 16:36
What a great report, Bruce. Brought back many happy memories of my only trip to Si Saket some years ago. It is indeed a different world. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

bruce_nyc
September 1st, 2012, 17:37
His Mama and Papa are both about 5 years younger than me. That's a weird feeling. ( and of course, I am 29, as you all know ;) )

The next morning we woke up very early, 5:30am, to get the transport from the hotel to the Nakhon Si Thammarat airport. We flew to Bangkok, as we had planned... 3 days in Koh Samui ( aka Thammarat ), and 2 days in Bangkok. He wanted very much for me to meet his sister who lives in Bangkok too...

Our first day there, I went and met my American bf at his hotel, the Intercontinental. He didn't want to meet "T" yet. He will join us on September 10th, and we'll be together until the 23rd.... But he didn't feel like meeting any of the boys yet.... not until he can really stay, and "dive in" to the fun of his vacation. He's working now, and just happened to have one day free in Bangkok. So I met him and "T" wanted to just wait in the room for me. He slept, and watch movies, and facebook, and I have no idea what else. I think he was afraid to leave the room... I'm not sure why...

Anyway, my bf and I went to lunch at Dick's Cafe... strolled around... Then decided to go explore that place we'd both heard about from different sources, the Hero Club. I picked up the gay magazine called "Out" outside the Men's Room at Dick's Cafe. Here was listed there.... so we set out to find it. We took a taxi... who seemed to drop us off in the general neighborhood, but we still had no idea where this place was. I stopped in at hotel after hotel, asking directions... showing it to them from the map in the Out book... Every time we got different directions. One place even googled it and definitely found it on the internet.... then gave us more bad directions, sending us the opposite way... after he even marked it on a map for us ( incorrectly ). Of course, it was about that time that a monsoon of rain began and we had no umbrellas with us. We were more determined than ever to find this freaking Hero place. I even called Tarntawan Place Hotel. They couldn't tell me. Finally, out of desperation, I called Dick's Cafe. The boy who answered the phone knew where it was, but said it was very hard to describe. He suggested I ask a motorbike taxi. That was the first good advice we had received. I asked a passing Tuk Tuk driver. He pointed to it. We had been so so close by then...

We entered Hero and it looked kinda cool. A restaurant. Interesting. I accused my bf of being mistaken when he told me it was a restaurant earlier. I was wrong. It is also a restaurant. The boys behind the glass thing is kinda novel... but weird at the same time. Especially since it's not one-way glass. They can see you too. They might as well be on a stage, or in the same room with you. When we walked in to that glass room area and were seated, all the boys seemed to come out of the woodwork, and stand, and flock to see us... ( because they took one look at my bf and had never seen such a handsome falong before, probably. ) It was obvious that every one of them wanted to be selected by him. Their faces said, "Pick me! Pick me! Please pick me!"

But my bf, being as fickle and moody as the diva he is.... decided... Nah... He didn't really want a sexual massage. And he's really rather go to a massage-only place. Okay... So we agreed to go back there when we're in the mood for sex.

So, by that time, he had to get back to his hotel and pack and get ready to leave.... so we parted ways.

I had a hard time getting a taxi that wasn't going to rip me off. I got out of 3 taxi's before I found one willing to actually use the meter. But it was pouring rain still, and traffic was horrendous! What was a 20-30 minute trip earlier that day... became a parking lot not moving two hour trip. I got back to Tartawan Place by about 7:10pm. Two hours later than the estimate I had originally told "T".

I showered, changed, and we went to dinner at Dick's Cafe. After that, we popped in at X-Boys. On the stage, "T" was surprised to see one of his friends who used to work at the same bar as he, in Pattaya. He's 22 and adorable. I immediately had him come sit with us.... which made "T" happy. ( and me too :) )

After that, we went to the show at Dream Boys. I had heard their show was supposed to be the best. I must say, they have a huge number of boys... and a very well done show. Drag, silly comedy, and the grand finale, the acrobatic sex show.

Next day, yesterday, we went to meet his sister who lives in Bangkok. Word had spread quickly of this outing Mama and Papa had to MK Restaurant, and he wanted to take sister too. He said it's not far. Only 30 minutes. When taxi after taxi refused to take us there, I insisted we ask at the Tarntawan hotel desk for help. They quickly got us a taxi who would take us there. ( But even he, refused to come back to get us for the return trip later. )

I met sister. Sister's boyfriend. Their 9-year-old "baby" boy. Then the other sister from Pattaya arrived, with her baby. And then the brother arrived. I think there were 8 in all.... Then it began raining. Pouring. Once again, no umbrellas. Damn. We waited seemingly forever for the rain to let up. Finally, it was like 6pm when we all went to MK. They were all like kids at Christmas. I took lots of photos -- before, during, and after. I'll email them to him and they'll all treasure that memory. It's a very rare thing that all four siblings are in the same place at the same time. Very rare. Because they all work 7 days a week.

Sister's place was in an area I would describe as a "clothing sewing sweat shops slum". Seemingly endless rows and rows of little stalls filled with people -- men and women -- running sewing machines... 7 days a week.... all hours of the day and night. Apparently, all doing everything as piece work -- getting paid only for how much they do..... correctly.

After dinner, we took 2 tuk tuks and a motorbike to get us all back to Sister's place. They wanted us to come in and "sit down for 5 minutes" again. After having spent all day there, that was the last thing I wanted to do. But I did anyway. Then, we left. We walked out with his sister from Pattaya, and apparently, they insisted we go visit the other sister's Chinese boyfriends' family's place too. Oh no... Since it was on our way. We were already there before I heard anything about this part. We entered a gate.... through an empty lot... then walked in the dark through a super narrow walkway between buildings in pitch black darkness. I stepped on something and it gave way.... and my entire foot was in water up to my ankle. We had been walking on concrete tiles covering some sort of drainage ditch. "Oh! Sorry! Sorry!" He found a hose and sprayed off my foot and sandal... as I was praying that that was not a sewage ditch filled with disease. We got to "Chinese boyfriend's family's house". It was a room literally 6 feet by 6 feet -- the size of your bathroom at home. It was filled to overflowing with a double bed on the floor, a tv, shelving, two little kids jumping and playing on the bed. "Sit. Sit" as they motioned for me to sit on the bed. ( This is about when I thought to myself, Ok. Enough is enough. No more trips to see anyone ever again. :) )

We had a similar problem getting back. Taxi after taxi after taxi refusing to take us that far. Finally he talked a tuk tuk into taking us back.... for about twice as much as it cost to get there the first time. His Sisters and Brother had asked him why we had stayed so far away from them. ( One can only wonder what they must be thinking.... They must have assumed that we would rather stay with them, than in a nice hotel in the gay area. )

Back at the Tarntawan, I was exhausted from all these long days of roughing it with the family.... mostly to entertain and impress.... the family. I'm getting slightly irritable and feeling like I'm over being strutted around like a status symbol for a 24-year-old anxious to show that he's made it big.... and being sort of treated like I'm a santa-genie just popped out of their boy's new-found magic lantern.

I am aware that I felt a little differently with his Mama and Papa. I felt like they deserve more respect from me. Since, after all, I am doing their baby boy. But when it comes to brothers and sisters and their boyfriends etc.... I've lost interest in entertaining them... and I never had any interest in trying to impress anyone. No thanks.

So last night we do manage to make it out. We go to see what I'm told is the 2nd best show, the one at Jupiter 2002. Jupiter does seem to still specialize in the natural muscled jock look guys..... which I do like too. Interestingly, I find one of the boys there to be irresistibly handsome. Only one. Zero interest in any of the others. ( By the way, same thing the night before at X-Boys in Bangkok. T's 22 year old friend was just adorable. But I had zero interest in any of the others. I might have to make a trip back to Bangkok soon just to meet that one at X-Boys and that one a Jupiter. )

Anyway, the show was ok / good. Nothing to rave about, but not bad. The audience seemed large --- same as it was in 2006. We both think Dream Boys has the market cornered on shows, and they have so many many boys too.... They claim over 100 boys. You'd be hard pressed to not find one there. ( Although, having said that, I didn't see any I want. )

So this brings us up to the present.... and a dilemma.... Maybe you guys can advise me on.

( more )

September 1st, 2012, 18:32
Hey Bruce, great reports, I'm really enjoying reading them - and happy now to read your last report especially where the novelty of being the " look I have a rich farang BF aren't I doing well" thing is wearing off, I have to admit at being shocked at my own cynicism in some of your earlier posts when you'd mentioned the family and would they be asking for money and the answer you got back was No why would they - and the first three words I thought of was "no, not yet" ! :-)

And re the being pulled around the place being shown off I think we've all been there and I know speaking personally I just say no now unless it's something "I" want to do otherwise you find your entire holiday taken up keeping boy wonder happy seeing his friends and extended family only to realise at the end of the week or whatever that you've done nothing that you wanted to do and your time was spent sitting in dingy rooms drinking whiskey you perhaps didn't even want and eating food you could see far enough. So it seems you've reached that same point now ( which is a good thing) and you'll felt more able to put your foot down and say no occassionally ( which you'll actually get more respect for in the end anyway)

Re the "present" again speaking personally - and I'm no cheap Charlie I assure you) but you don't HAVE to buy any big fancy gift, it's not "the law" lol - and all this I need a new phone or gold Jewellry or whatever ( which will all probably be sold on the minute you depart anyway) doesn't mean you automatically have to play that game, I would suggest if YOU really want to buy the guy something then do so but to be honest he'd probably much prefer the money ( and a gift too I'm sure if he can wangle both :-) but don't feel obliged to splash out crazy amounts of money on a special gift, it's really not necessary ( others may disagree but that's my view anyway)

Apart from that keep up the reports, they make great reading :-) have to say I'm busting to find out how the dynamic between BF 1 and BF 2 is going to work out !! :-). Time will tell eh :-) all part of life's rich adventure eh :-)

firecat69
September 1st, 2012, 19:57
Bruce, I have to chime in with how much I have enjoyed your reports. Certainly the reason I spend time reading these boards is to read posts like yours.

I have to admit I missed that you were only 29 years old until your last post which I also find very interesting since most of the time these kind of posts are by old guys like me. I look forward to your next post!!

stkyricesf
September 2nd, 2012, 00:48
Sawatdee krap Bruce. Once again thank you for another great report. You are certainly experiencing all the things many of us had when we first arrived in the Land of Smiles. It's up's and down's, but never boring. I normally go to LOS in April and November, so have not really exerienced the monsoon rain's. Hopefully it will be mostly over with by the time I arrive in October. Keep up the great reporting, as I really enjoy your reports. :ura1:

Halfhansum
September 2nd, 2012, 01:10
Firecat 69..... I think the 29 bit was in jest.
If the parents were 5 years younger, they would be only 24, wich would put the BF age at about 8 .. 5555

francois
September 2nd, 2012, 01:16
Of course, everyone was very happy to meet me. He said "They never see Falang before." ....and I believe him. They were very wide-eyed at the sight of me. Everyone was.

My bf explained the reason for their curiosity; "people not see white man covered in hair same-same monkey".

Hope that was not the case with you or bluechris?

September 2nd, 2012, 02:18
Ha Ha

firecat69
September 2nd, 2012, 17:12
Firecat 69..... I think the 29 bit was in jest.
If the parents were 5 years younger, they would be only 24, wich would put the BF age at about 8 .. 5555

Oh well. Shows what happens when you don't read every word carefully. LOL

Jellybean
September 2nd, 2012, 21:30
A very interesting series of posts Bruce-nyc. They were a joy to read and brought back memories of the first time I went up to the province of I-saan to see my then boyfriendтАЩs family in October 2007. And the time I flew down to Nakhon Si Thammarat to meet a 24 year old guy I had met on the Internet and had subsequently been chatting to on the тАШphone for several weeks before agreeing to go and see him.

First trip up to I-saan

I had delayed going to visit my boyfriendтАЩs family for some time as I could readily imagine what sort of accommodation they lived in based on what I had seen elsewhere in Thailand. I also figured that it was likely to be an expensive trip. Their house was therefore no disappointment; it was every bit as bad as I had feared. It was made up of breeze block and corrugated iron. The toilet and тАШshowerтАЩ to the side of the house was horrible, dirty, dark and, as I later found out, dangerous. My boyfriendтАЩs Thai friend was stung on the foot by a scorpion (m├б-l╔Щ╔Щng-bpong in Thai) whilst showering and was in agony for about 24 hours despite taking pain killers.

I had great difficulty using the Thai squat toilet and was constipated for several days before going off to the farm, just outside the village, and using the toilet there far away from the rest of the family. My problems with using the toilet led, during later visits, to me agreeing to the building of a new toilet block which comprised a Thai toilet, a separate Thai shower and a western toilet and shower for my use.

It was said the family didnтАЩt want me to have any excuses for not visiting more frequently and that they wanted me to feel comfortable and at ease when I did visit. I was very pleased with the end result, which was the talk of the village at the time. More improvements were to follow over the next 2 years.

One part of your report surprised me a little, if I have understood you properly, and that is that no money was asked for or given. During my first visit I did spend a little bit of money on food and drink, we seemed to have many parties at which most of the village was invited. I had learned that despite the father being a farmer, he didnтАЩt actually make any money out of farming and the familyтАЩs sole source of income was my boyfriend, through me. So on my last day, as we were about to leave, I felt I could not leave, in all conscience, without giving papa a sum of money and decided 10,000 Baht was about right. But I dare say our circumstances were completely different and not comparable.

Flight down to Nakhon Si Thammarat

Like you I had originally hoped to fly to Koh Samui, it was going to be my first visit, but at the last moment the young lad, who I shall call Tom, whom I had met on the Internet had persuaded me to fly to Nakhon Si Thammarat instead, saying the island was nearby and easily accessible.

I would add that I was new to Internet dating and had only seen one photo of the 24 year old, whose occupation when he lived in Bangkok was a dancer. As I emerged from the luggage carousal area to be greeted by Tom I was shocked to find that the young slim boy dancer I had expected was in fact a great fat pudding of a boy. IтАЩd never seen such a fat Thai boy before. Crikey, what should I do? A part of me wanted to turn around and get on the next flight back to Bangkok but I didnтАЩt have the heart to do so. I pretended to be pleased to see him and went out to the taxi he had booked for me. I think there was some problem over the price and the driverтАЩs availability to drive us around. I didnтАЩt realise at the time but his family lived about 90 minutes from the airport and the motel he had chosen for us, the Thai equivalent of the Bates Motel, was a further 30 minutes away.

I therefore judged it would be better to hire a car, which would give us greater flexibility.

The motel was in the middle of nowhere. We werenтАЩt close to any beaches, any villages or any markets. And we were the only customers at the motel. Our single room was sparse and the toilet and shower had no roof and therefore allowed every horrible creepy-crawly to come and go as they pleased! I thought to myself, тАЬWhat the hell are we going to do for the next 4 days?тАЭ

That afternoon I met TomтАЩs grandparents, aunts and uncles, but not his mother. They cooked us a really nice meal as I recall, but I wasnтАЩt feeling particularly hungry and Tom ate what I left on my plate. Now I realised how he had become so fat.

All the time I was trying to work out how to get myself out of this awkward situation. Had I been savvier I should have stuck to my original plan of a hotel on Koh Samui тАУ which would have allowed me the exit route I was so desperately trying to find.

Once back at the motel we had a long chat and I tried my hardest to explain that we were not right for each other, without making any comment about his weight. I said it wouldnтАЩt be right to have sex together and that I would find out if I could return to Bangkok the next day. I couldnтАЩt face using the shower that night тАУ it was full of every flying and crawling insect imaginable! We spent an awkward night together on the bed тАУ we didnтАЩt even remove any of our clothes.

The next morning, after showering in the relatively bug free bathroom, I called the airline and explained I wanted to change my ticket. They advised me to turn up at the airport as there were usually spare seats available. The motel would not allow a refund for the unused 3 days, but the car rental company gave me a refund and I paid the airline a small fee to change my ticket. There were of course tears and I did feel sad that things hadnтАЩt worked out. If I remember correctly I also gave Tom some money тАУ it definitely made me feel better. All in all an expensive lesson was learned about the pitfalls of Internet dating.

So not a very fond memory of my visit to Nakhon Si Thammarat and, despite the passage of 3 or more years, I have not, as yet, visited Koh Samui.

I look forward to reading further accounts of your time in Thailand.

adman5000
September 4th, 2012, 04:40
Thanks for the reports thus far Bruce. I enjoy reading them very much.
As others mentioned, it reminds us of what reaction many of us initially had as we went through similar experiences when seeing typical life in Thailand.
I must admit, my attitude has changed over the years and I have become much more ME-centric in planning my activities. But I still try to respect what is important to my Thai friends which can be very different than my perspective. I place a much higher priority on comfort!!! - I don't do squat toilets, long cramped truck rides, eating fried grasshoppers, sleeping on thin mats, sitting on the ground to meet others outside in the heat and humidity, etc.

martin911
September 4th, 2012, 05:57
Bruce

You are taking part in something special that many don't get to encounter when visiting Thailand (i cert didnt in my first 8 years visiting because i was such a committed barhopping butterfly :drunken:) ,and im sure the memories will last much much longer than any quick encounter with a guy we meet in a gogo bar/ online

The encounter of meeting Mama is similar to what i experienced when i first went to visit his family in Sukothai -even down to the dilapated pick up truck(filled with small monkey brown children ) that met us at the airport (driven by sister mama )
I rem so well the scene of where his family lived -in what was basically a 2 room shack with corrugated sheeting at sides and roof,bare concrete floors, unplastered walls,loose wiring cables all over the place -- groups of men sitting outside drinking their own brew (i got brownie points when i went and shared their drink,and was able to down the shots without having to drink water after it --that impressed them !! )-although i nearly fell off the motorbike on the way back to our hotel later - :laughing3:
It was the kids that i loved most -their reactions -how it changed over the 3/4 days on my first trip -
It went from ( 1st day) the little shy looks,heads down,not speaking to me to(2nd day) they started saying my name and started to put their hand in mine as we walked and watching them fight amongst themselves about who would go on the back of the my cyclebike ( i rem i had 3 on it at one stage ,totally dangerous but hey its Thailand ) we had rented to explore the ancient historical park (stunning) to (3rd day )-- having them launch themselves at me from the side of a pool, 1 or 2 at a time,screaming in delight when i caught them and spun them around !!

And apart from a few bottles of leo and pipers i wasnt asked for a penny -so cynical old me went home feeling very happy this new experience ,but slightly guilty that some people still live in these conditions and i rem feeling how honored i was that i had been taken into his home - and i rem how good it made HIM feel in front of his family and peers -- Sex was awesome back in the hotel :laughing3:

They say New York is the city that never sleeps --seems that the New Yorkers dont either !!! -- sounds like you are having a ball --good stuff !!--

bruce_nyc
September 4th, 2012, 10:24
You guys' parallel experiences have added so much depth that I couldn't have said better in my own words. Thank you. I know I'm going to read this thread again years from now and treasure the memories.

I just woke up. For the first time, "T" and I went to bed early. We both needed sleep and haven't been getting nearly enough. We usually stay out pretty late bar hopping and seeing the show at Copa every night. Then, he gets up and slips out at 6am to be at work at 7am. I usually sleep 2 more hours.... then at 8am can't go back to sleep. (The wooden shutters leaking daylight in, where room-blackening drapes should be, at Cafe Royale, doesn't allow for daytime sleeping. But overall, Cafe Royale is a tremendous value for the money.)

He works from 7am to 2pm. Then he goes home, does laundry and cleaning, then he sleeps till about 5pm. Then he's here at 6pm. That's our routine.

So during the daytime I catch up on email, work online, chat with farang buddies on the Cafe terrace for endless hours, and go for new massage experiences often ( if I'm not at the beach with Neal, that is ). I've had the best massage+sex experiences so far, with the so-called legitimate no-sex 200 Baht massage places just across the main road, and the end of the street (where funny boys & toy boys are, but across the main road), at Smart Relaxation? (purple robes) and the other one to the right a bit, called Sea Massage (the two places with boys sitting out front instead of ladies). Yesterday I even had a 21 year old from there come to my room for a couple hours. (He had been recommended by his 20 year old friend I had the day before.) While I was face down, he used oil. Later, face up, he used only his tongue. Woah. It was a memorable experience.

Those massage boys might be getting more action than the full on gay sex massage boys on soi 3... And for 200 Baht!? Plus tip of course! Wait a minute... when I arranged for him to come to my room, it was for 11am... before work... so it wasn't even 200 Baht --- only a tip. I'm often tempted to do it twice a day.... before "T" arrives at 6pm ready for our evening together. If only the days had more hours!

For today I've arranged for the cutest massage boy from across the street at Ambiance massage to come over at 11am. It'll cost a bit more, but I'm anxious to compare that experience. I'll let you know how it goes later.

So, I'm paying "T" every day that I'm with him ( plus the off fee). I noticed in Bangkok, that when calculating how much I owed him for the past 6 days, 12000 Baht.... He wanted me to subtract 7500 Baht I had spent on taking the extended family out to dinner. I didn't object. I just went along with it... to see if he meant it. I paid him 4500 instead of 12000. He was happy. And has been ever since. So, apparently, I didn't treat his whole extended family of brothers and sisters to MK in Bangkok. HE did.

I am the "customer" in this commercial transaction, so I would have to be absolutely dilutional to think that I'm not going to be expected to pay once in a while --- whether we call each other "boyfriends", or "blood sisters", or "commercial sex worker and customer" --- a rose by any other name....

Meanwhile, I have absolutely not found any of the boys to be greedy or money grubbing or about intentional deceit or trickery. Just as sweet as sugar.

They need money. Of course! (1) It's their BUSINESS. Don't we expect our business customers to pay.... back at home? And (2) They're poorer than sh*t, and they take care of their families like 23-year-olds do NOT back at home. And (3) Sometimes they blow their money partying with their friends, and on iPhones and clothes. Why? Because they are 23!! American kids of 23 do the same thing, last time I looked. If you expect a 23 year old anywhere in the world to have the maturity of a 43 year old, you're forgetting what it's like to be 23 and at the hottest in your life, in the big city for the first time away from home, raised poorer than sh*t, and finally have a wad of money in your pocket for the first time in life.

Meanwhile, "T" probably drinks less than I do, and I don't really drink. Rarely, socially, sometimes a little when on vacation. He doesn't smoke. He doesn't drug. He went to school for hotel management and graduated that. He's doing an internship working 7am-2pm seven days a week for a work experience certificate. Then he can get a job at any big hotel. He wants to work as reservations manager at the Hilton or similar.

Of the 4500 Baht I gave him last, I saw him immediately send 2000 to his Mama (and step father, who raised him from 7 years old), and 2000 to his Papa Numb 2 (his biological father, who he rarely met) and his wife. He still has 500 Baht. He pays a payment on his motorbike of about $80 a month, and pays something to his sister for the room he rents from her & her husband's house, maybe $160 a month? I forget. He had extra money last month so he bought himself a gold bracelet he likes alot. He's a little fashionista. But he explains that it's really a sensible investment -- almost like a savings account -- because if he ever needs money he can sell it back for the same amount he paid for it....meanwhile he enjoys wearing it very much. ( Not completely without logic. ) So I think he's pretty responsible for a 23 year old. He doesn't squander money. He has a career plan. He's a good son, brother, cousin, etc. He's a good young man, and pretty smart. Being very hot doesn't hurt either. He's only had 3 days in the past 3 months that he hasn't been off'd at least once that day. And 2000 is his minimum tip, and he can't stay more than 6pm to 6am, because of his other job.

So, he never never asked for anything. But I've slyly figured out something he'd really really like.... an "Acer" laptop. ( He seems to not care whatsoever about the specs, just likes "Acer". )

I was planning to buy him one when I get back home and ship it to him. Back in the US, they're half the price for twice the speed/specs. But I have no idea about the cost and practicality of shipping it to him. Also I have no idea about getting warranty service on it here, etc.

So I'm thinking of going to Tukcom and buying him one today and surprising him with it tonight. The one I know he wants is the cheapest one, 12900. Any advice for me? Maybe I should bring a smart Thai boy with me to make sure I'm not cheated or overcharged as a farang?

By the way, the other evening we went in to Funny Boys and had "O" sit with us for a drink.... to chat and catch up. During the conversation he mentioned "the new boy", just 20 and "man". It was Obvious that "O" had the hots for this new boy. He said, "When he comes to work, my heart goes..." patting his heart quickly.

So I had him sit with us too. Not long after, I had negotiated to off both "O" and "new boy".... with "new boy" to f*ck "O".... just as a gift to "O".

"T" and I let them in to my room... let them get started... while we watched.... Then we slipped out, as they continued.

The next day, "O" told me how happy it had made him and how grateful he was. :)

Beachlover
September 4th, 2012, 13:00
Interesting stories Jellybean...

First trip up to I-saan
Interesting. I've yet to visit Isaan but have been very near, visiting my ex-BF's family in central Thailand. Fairly basic conditions but they had most modern conveniences like fridge and running water. We only spent two nights there and I actually found it to be fairly comfortable... though I did have a feeling they cleaned and tidied up and prepared quite a bit for our visit.

The weirdest thing was seeing this little guy walking around meeting his extended family and neighbours and how much respect and fondness they had for him. It was almost like he was this little god to them. And despite this he did the nice Thai thing, remaining very humble and warm to everyone.

I got the picture that most of them grow up and continue to be farmers or low/no skilled workers. Few of them ever make it out of the village permanently as he has.

Fairly humbling experience but also changed the perspective I have about the poorer rural people in Thailand. It's moved me towards believing that many or most of the poorer Thais actually remain poor by choice.

Flight down to Nakhon Si Thammarat
Heh... Yep, a disaster. You definitely over committed to arrange all that with someone you'd never met!

Jellybean
September 4th, 2012, 18:50
Hey Beachlover, I couldnтАЩt agree more, it was indeed an unmitigated disaster, but as I said, at that time I was new to Internet dating. What I forgot to mention, in my haste to write the post, was that тАШTomтАЩ was also very camp, almost lady like тАУ a complete turn off for me. And he looked so completely different from his Internet photo. We did however talk on the тАШphone a couple of times after I got back to Bangkok, so I don't think any harm was done.

I did however continue to meet other boys from Internet dating sites in places such as Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Nong-Bua-Lampuu, Mae Sot and many other places. And whilst I never quite repeated the disaster of Nakhon Si Thammarat the other encounters werenтАЩt exactly without incident or cost. Some I invited back to Bangkok and others I have kept in regular contact with by email, but quite a few others, rather surprisingly, still contact me from time to time and ask to see me again. But after a string of these hapless and expensive meetings I decided to change tack and now I meet boys who are only living in Bangkok.

From time to time I do look back on my rendezvous in Nakhon Si Thammarat and it does make me laugh. It is almost a textbook case on what not to do when Internet dating as it went so badly wrong on so many levels.

-o-

And Bruce-nyc, IтАЩve not used a hotel in Bangkok for a number of years and after reading your, and other members, favourable comments about the Tarntawan Place Hotel I have booked 5 days there in December. It is a relatively short distance from my apartment in Sathorn, which for rather complicated reasons I have decided to rent out for 12 months starting in November.

I forgot to ask you if there is car parking space at the hotel. IтАЩm sure I must have walked past the hotel (if IтАЩm thinking of the same hotel) 100s of times, but I canтАЩt remember if they have space for car parking. Your help (or any other member with experience of staying at the hotel) on this question would be appreciated.

ceejay
September 4th, 2012, 19:57
I forgot to ask you if there is car parking space at the hotel. IтАЩm sure I must have walked past the hotel (if IтАЩm thinking of the same hotel) 100s of times, but I canтАЩt remember if they have space for car parking. Your help (or any other member with experience of staying at the hotel) on this question would be appreciated.
I'd call them and ask if I were you. The Tarntawan is set back from Surawong in a small private courtyard. There's no "official" parking as such, but there is space enough for a car or two and they might let you park there.

mark86
September 6th, 2012, 15:08
I am currently staying at Tarntawan. There is free parking in the front courtyard, but it is a small area. I have been here for almost a week and the parking area has never been filled. I met Bruce and T the first day I arrived. Very nice couple.
I booked my room through booking.com. Cost of room was about $60.00 per night including breakfast. There is no joiners fee. ID of guest is checked and taken before guest goes to room. No hassles at all. Other online booking agents wanted 70 - 80 per night.
Hey Bruce, I hope you and T come back before I leave on the 12th.

Jellybean
September 6th, 2012, 20:29
Thank you Ceejay and Mark86 for your replies, the information is much appreciated.

I look forward to staying at the Tarntawan Place Hotel, itтАЩs had several good reviews, itтАЩs in a central location and not far from my apartment where I'll have to pick up a heap of personal stuff before leaving Bangkok.

bruce_nyc
September 8th, 2012, 19:01
So here it is... Night 22 of 37 total.

37 nights total
22 nights spent so far
15 nights to go

Since meeting "T", he and I have been pretty much attached at the hip ( as well as elsewhere ).... Several of you have already met him. Even more have surely seen us walking around.

As some boy on Grindr.... who knew exactly who I was and where I was from, in spite of me not using my photo or name.... told me, "Pattaya not big."

Every boy knows everything. They all talk at the speed of Facebook + SMS.

I might feel a bit tied down..... except I really haven't seen any other boys who interest me enough to hook up with in a major way.

I have had a few massages, some very complete service.... but not enough of a connection to want to spend more time with any of them.

There are also a few I've had my eye on during the day.... one waiter at Ambiance.... one massage guy there... and one Falong ( but I can't tell you who ).... :love4:

Too much to tell you all....

We've gone to the show at the Copa every single night without fail ( well, actually, there was one night we didn't go ).

Tonight we're going to the show at the Venue. I've heard mixed reviews, but most have said it's good. A few have said it's better than the one at the Copa. So, I wanna see for myself.

Monday morning at 5am I am going to have a car take me to Bangkok to meet my bf who is arriving, and bring him back here.

I'm very interested to see how "T" and he warm to each other. They've chatted briefly on the phone and seen pictures of each other. For never having met, they both seem very anxious to meet each other.... and open to the 3 of us spending the next 2 weeks together.... and travelling together.

We still plan a few side trips to Chiang Mai, Koh Phi Phi, and Bangkok again. ( This time we'll stay at Le Meridian in Bangkok. "T" and I toured it when we were there. Nice! )

egel
September 14th, 2012, 07:30
Never knew those guys were available... must try them... how did it go Bruce?

anonone
September 14th, 2012, 11:16
Well, Bruce. I have to assume I am the falang in question, though you will have to clear any activities with my BF. :sign5:

It was great seeing you and "T" again, this time for the venue show. And I am glad I at least met your American BF before I had to head home. Hopefully you three are getting along fabulously as you travel across the country.

I really don't expect to hear much from you as you wind up your trip. The lazy days on the terrace in Pattaya being replaced with whirlwind travel with 2 sexy guys. :notworthy:

When the time is right, I am looking forward to hearing about your travels and whatnot.

anonone
September 22nd, 2012, 17:26
If I did the calendar calculations correctly, Bruce should be partying in Bangkok this weekend as a last gasp of Thailand before heading back home.

Hope you had an excellent time with your side trips....enough so that you and your BF are eager to come back and do it all over again. I am looking forward to hearing all about the adventures.

Safe travels home, and don't forget about all of us here now that you have half of Thailand's boys after you....

October 4th, 2012, 07:50
So Bruce - if you're still with us are you now suffering the back home blues - or glad perhaps to get back home for a well earned rest by the sounds of it ! :-)

So, was your trip everything you hoped for and did the arrangement between you and your BF and your thai friend all work out as you had hoped in the end and you'll all keep in touch or will it remain just one of lifes lovely memories perhaps?

Looking forward to your trip report if and when you feel the desire to share.

bruce_nyc
October 12th, 2012, 07:15
Woah... the suspense... :mob:

Sorry to keep this story hanging like that... I am back at home in NYC now, of course. In fact, after I got home, I suffered bad jet lag for just a couple of days, then had to fly to London for 8 days with a celeb friend of mine... but that's another crazy story for another time. Now I am back home... and mostly adjusted to sleeping at night... and haven't even put a dent into my 7 weeks of backlogged work, email, etc...

So where did I leave off?

"T" and I proceeded to fall in love. Yep. I said it. We fell in love.

I had heard horror story after horror story from almost every falong I met.... about how the boys will trick you, and play you, and they are brilliant actors who can cry on a dime... That they will invite you home to meet Mama and Papa... just to evoke sympathy... so that later they can tell you about the new roof the house needs, or grandma is sick, or whatever... to evoke more cash out of you. But, Thank God, I heard all those stories and took them with a grain of salt.... And I went in to it fully aware, prepared, slightly skeptical, but fully with the "right" attitude.... one of love and respect for fellow human beings. And what happened? We fell in love with each other.

To this day, he has never asked for any money or gifts.... Not since the day we met and he told me his rate for a long time stay. In fact, did I tell you about that time I took his entire extended family out to MK restaurant in Bangkok? That bill was about 7500 baht. I paid it, no problem. BUT... a few days later... About once a week I was settling up with him for what I owed him for the last 7 days we had been together. At breakfast one morning, I was settling up with him. When I showed him the dates I was paying for, and the figure ( just to be sure we were in agreement ), he said yes. But he asked me to subtract 7500 baht for the dinner at MK. I tried to hide my surprise.... and just repeated back to him what he was saying... along with the figures on my calculator.... just to be sure I understood what he was saying. I said, "So I owe you 14000 baht for the past 7 days. And you want me to subtract 7500 for the dinner at MK. And you want me to pay you 6500 baht?" He looked carefully and said, "Yes." So I just went along with it... and I paid him 6500 baht. ( I figured I would see how sincere he really was about that..... and I would easily be able to get that 7500 baht back into his pocket one way or another anyway... :ink: )

My conclusions from that were several: He was happy enough for his family to think that I treated them all to dinner. He wanted them to love and accept me. Yet, he was happy to pay for it himself, secretly, later. He felt he could afford it. And he felt no need for any recognition that he was the one who paid. I also saw that.... He was not "one of these money grubbing bar boys". He was quite the opposite. He is extremely giving, generous, and humble.

Still to this day, he has never asked me for money or gifts.

A week or so later, though, I decided that he needed a laptop. He had never owned a computer, and I had been able to question him enough to know that he would really like one. So I bought him one. It cost something like 15000 baht out the door. He never asked me for one... But he was, and still is, very grateful and happy.

A couple of times he took me shopping. But the only thing he ever wanted me to buy was..... new clothes for ME. ( He wanted me to look good enough to be seen with him, I believe. :redfaced: ) He had me buy a few new black t-shirts with nice designs, a couple pair of new black jeans, and a pair of leather dress shoes. Nothing was expensive. All from the middle-priced mall -- not a Central Festival department store. He picked everything out.... and everything he wanted me to buy..... was for ME to wear. ( Later, when I was in London, I got lots of compliments on those leather shoes, by the way. He has excellent taste and fashion sense. )

On the 9th of September, I said a prayer that my American boyfriend and "T" would really love each other. I didn't tell anyone about that prayer... but I did email it to myself.

On the 10th of September, my American boyfriend arrived. We'll call him "D". The two of them instantly took to each other. In fact, I took a car service from Pattaya to Bangkok to meet and pick up "D". When we got back to Pattaya, I let him relax and unwind in the hotel room at Cafe Royale for a little while.... then I decided to tour him around Boyztown a tiny bit... and the plan was that "T" would come meet us at about 6pm. Well, the tour took longer... and then we decided to go for massages... and then he wanted to see the dentist office I planned for us to go to... and so were walking up that street in front of Or-A-Harn restaurant ( before you get to Tekcom ), and "D" said, "There he is!" I said, "What?" He said, "That's 'T'. Isn't it?" I'll be damned.... "D" spotted "T" on his motorbike and caught his eye... and "T" recognized "D" too, and saw him with me! They recognized each other from the photos.... as we walked up the street, and "T" was riding by on his motorbike. Turns out, "T" had gone to the hotel and been told that we had left. His phone battery was dead, so he went home to charge... had called me on skype seeing me "online" ( even though we weren't in the room ).... Then he was riding back to the hotel again to look for us.... when "D" spotted him... and he saw us on the street. I was amazed. It was as if they already knew each other.

:love4: Well, he parked the motorbike, and we had dinner at Or-A-Harn. They took to each other like fish to water. None of us can remember exactly when, but they basically instantly "fell in love" too. I mean, initially, it was attraction. But over only the next few days, "T" kept doing the most wonderful thoughtful little things for "D".... and completely won over his heart. And he never stopped doing things like that since.

So..... The three of us became inseparable for the next two weeks. If you were in Pattaya, you likely saw the three of us around.

We took "D" to several of the go go bars.... practically against his will.... because I felt that he should not go to Pattaya and not see them. But neither of them were thrilled about going to go go bars, and "D" said, in no uncertain terms, that he did not find them the least bit interesting or entertaining. And.... We would sit at Panorama and have a drink and people watch.... And we continued going to the show at the Copa every single night ( we only missed maybe one or two nights ) because we all three agreed that it's the best ( for the price of a drink ) cabaret show in town. The cast and choreographer do such a great job there.... ( in addition to being very sexy ). I told Park and [what's his falang partner's name again?] that the show there is brilliant.... and everyone there knew us well, since we were there every single night. ( The show at Venue was good too, but we all think Copa was the best. )

Knowing how much "D" loves dance clubs, I took them both to Lucifer on Walking Street one night. Just as I predicted, "D" loved it. But "T" did not. He felt very uncomfortable and would not dance with us... because it's not a gay venue. "D" and I are used to dancing absolutely anywhere and we couldn't care less what anyone things. However, "T" is more of a conformist. He's very uncomfortable doing anything that others around him are not also doing. So, "D" and I danced for a few songs... while "T" stood nearby... then we left. We never went to idol or Nam.... because "D" is not interested in any place that forces you to buy a bottle and doesn't even have a proper dance floor.

Every morning without fail, we 3 would have breakfast on the terrace at the Ambiance. ( Oh yeah, when the room rate was unexpectedly raised on us at Cafe Royale due to there being 3 in a room, we shopped around and considered every hotel.... We even went and looked at rooms at the other hotels in Boyztown, the Hilton, Baan Suay, and some other discount deal "4-star" hotel "D" found on TripAdvisor or someplace.... We finally concluded that the Ambiance was the best on offer, for the price and the location, by far. If we ever want to bask in crazy luxury though, the Grand Ocean Suite at the Hilton is a 5-star fantasy wet dream. We might stay there next time. But, we moved to the Ambiance the next day after "D" arrived. We love the little extra things they do for you. The two falang managers are there on premises all day and evening, and they really know the meaning of hospitality. Not only did they not charge extra for us having 3 in the room, they gave us a nice discount and put lots of extra pillows, blankets, and towels in the room for us.... and gave us a suite! We love Michael and Marcus! If only every hotel in the world had a Michael and Marcus on site all the time... the world would be a better place for travelers. )

Anyway, the three of us had such a lovely time there in Pattaya together. "T" and I showing "D" the best of everything... and "T" constantly trying figure out what would make "D" happy.... and succeeding. We went to the Tiffany show one night. That was great fun. Highly recommended, if you like showy productions and amazingly realistic female impersonation shows.

We hung out with "anonone" and his boyfriend a few times.... ( You are a very handsome sexy man, anonone, but there was one falang that I had the hots for even more... And I told him so.... And he is the only falang that I told that to. More than once... I told him that I wanted to "off him", so if he's reading this... he knows exactly who he is. No, I'm not very shy. :ink: )

We went to the beach a few times with Neal... and John... and Neal's boy-entourage, of course... We have some great photos from those days... Those two are such a hoot! So many great times we had....

Then we decided not to go to Chiang Mai this trip..... And, instead of going to Koh Phi Phi, we would go to a closer island with beautiful beaches.... Koh Samet ( http://goo.gl/jHXSE ). We took a car service ( Mr T ) for the 90 minute ride... then a boat to the island. We stayed at a place called, Samed Pavilion Resort ( on Koh Samet, Thailand ) ( http://goo.gl/zhAHp but use DaBoss's banner link to book it on Agoda! ). We think it was the nicest place on that side of the island, by far. And it was not very expensive. It was lots of fun ( in spite of lots of rain ). The rain forced us to stay in bed in the room, but that was some of the best times anyway. :ow:

We've heard that the other side of the island has only a few hotels, but they are all 5-star exclusive resorts.... So, it depends on the type of get-away you want. If you want luxury, take a speedboat directly to the beach of the resort you're staying at... and book a room at a 5-star resort on the Ao Phrai ( West ) side of the island. If you want nice and fun, but not 5-star exclusive is not necessary, book at the Samed Pavilion Resort on the Ao Phai ( East ) side of the island.

In either case, I might think seriously about taking a speedboat directly to the beach of the hotel... because the road is not actually a road. It is dirt. And when we were there, monsoon rains came. In fact, "D" insisted we rent motorbikes instead of taking a taxi... so we did that. And as soon as you get past all the motorbike rental places.... the paved road ends. It's all dirt.... with enormous craters and three-foot deep trenches all running through it. Anyway, making it to the hotel --- which was quite and adventure on motorbikes --- and after checking in at the hotel.... "D" wanted to go exploring the island on the motorbikes. The rental place had warned us that it's not safe to go down the island past Ao Wai ( or some such area ) because the road is so treacherous. Well, that's exactly where "D" wanted to go, of course. ( If you ever tell him he can't do something.... He will do it or die trying. ) So off we went.... We got about 75% of the way there.... and monsoon rains suddenly hit. The so-called "road" became absolutely a mud slide.... and a river... all at once. It was insane. I just kept repeating to myself over and over and over again, what "D" has said to me.... "Where is your sense of adventure?"

Well, we did survive. That night it never stopped raining. So the 3 of us just stayed in...... and we showered..... and got cozy... and then, suddenly, we didn't care about anything going on anywhere else in the world. :love7:

The next morning, it was as if Noah's great flood was finally over. Miracle of all miracles... The sun was out again! So, while those 2 slept like the angels of my fantasies.... I quietly got dressed and snuck out to find the beach. Well, it only took a few seconds. You just walk out this white boardwalk walkway and it takes you directly to the beach. And it looked gorgeous! I knew "D" would be happy. So, I explored just a little, and then went back to report back to my 2 lovers. They were just waking up and frisky as usual.... Then we went to breakfast. The hotel has a decent breakfast buffet that's included ( for 2 per room; we had to pay for 1 ). Then, we went to the beach....

That's when "T" found out how much "D" loves the sun and the beach.... And.... when "D" found out how much "T" does NOT like the sun and the beach. It was tricky, actually, because the beach chairs did not have the all-encompassing umbrellas like they do at Jomtien. "T" was exposed to the sun. And it was a learning experience for "D" to discover that Thai boys usually do NOT like the sun. The sun is their worst enemy. As "T" put it, "It took one year for me to get this white, and in 30 minutes I am black." Meanwhile, "D" was out in the water so long... just loving the sun and the ocean..... And he could not even begin to comprehend why anyone would not love the sun and beach. I had to be the one to smooth out the situation. I asked "T" if he would like to go back and rest in the room, and we would meet him there after. He was very happy to say yes. "D" felt hurt that "T" did not want to join us. So I had to try to explain racism and skin-color-ism in Thai culture. People who are too dark will not get the job. They are not considered attractive.

Anyway, that's all part of getting to know each other..... and understand each other.

That night, we went back out to the beach..... and walked the beach.... we discovered a cool open air disco... and we found a great seafood restaurant with tables on the sand.... and watched young boys do cool fire baton twirling shows..... and chinese candle-powered paper sky lanterns lifting off into the black heavens. We had an awesome dinner and drinks... And after dinner, "T" had us buy a sky lantern, and the three of us made a wish to Buddha for the future of our relationship together. That night was magical. We took some great photos of each other on the beach at night, and a great series of photos of ourselves... holding the camera at arm's length.... like a series from a photo booth. Fun fun. :tongue3:

We only spent 2 days at Koh Samet.... Then we were back at the Ambiance in Pattaya. Though we had fun and adventure and romance in Koh Samet.... it was very nice to be back at our suite at the Ambiance. In fact, we didn't even check out of our Ambiance room while we were gone.

We had massages every day.... "D" loved drinking ice cold coconut water out of the coconut.... and he loved the fresh fruit.... and the seafood. "T" loved finding more and more varieties of fresh fruit for "D" to try.... and peeling it for him, and feeding it to him...

The last weekend was such a grand finale. The last three nights we 3 were in Bangkok. Before our trip, a friend in New York had gifted us some Starwood points... So we were able to reserve a room at Le M├йridien in Bangkok on the very cheap. And not only that.... They upgraded us to a suite. Well, "T" has seen the inside of all the fanciest hotels in Pattaya... but he had never seen a room quite like this one. It is ultra modern. I have videos of "T" exploring the room like a little kid with a new toy..... him trying to open things.... and figure things out. In this room, if was very hard to tell what was a wall, or a door, or a closet, or a sliding/opening wall, etc. The whole thing opened up like a giant puzzle, exposing a big bathtub in the bedroom. Both the bedroom and the living room were huge, and very luxurious. I think we 3 could just about be happy living in that room permanently. Ironically, the best times we had that last weekend were all in that hotel. They had a complimentary cocktail happy hour --- all you could drink --- in the luxurious lounge. They also had some special promotion on the ultra elaborate, amazing, dinner buffet.... At only 500 baht per person, it was the bargain of the century... for the amazing meal you get. We ate there two evenings. And the spa was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen more modern and luxurious massage treatment rooms. They look like something out of Star Wars.

For breakfast, we found a place the the falang of us ( "D" and I ) really liked, called "Bug & Bee". But "T" did not like their Thai food.... so we only went there once. ( Have to make everyone happy. ) For lunch we always went to Dick's Cafe ( http://www.dickscafe.com ), where we loved the food, and the prices, and the super helpful staff, and the great people-watching.

One day we did venture out to the "Bangkok Weekend Market". It was interesting. It's a crazy massive bazaar of vendors of almost anything you can imagine. It's fun and interesting..... and gets tiring fast. I begged and pleaded with "T" to tell me whenever he saw something he liked or wanted. He wouldn't do it..... But finally he did. He had me buy a $5 set of picture frames... so he could frame some photos of his family and hang them on the wall... And he bough 2 or 3 little $3 toys for his two baby nephews. That's it. He just never asks for anything for himself. He has a real hard time being selfish. ( I guess we're going to have to teach him how to.... since we are experts at being selfish. :jok: )

Another day, I wanted "D" to experience the best gay massage place. I had heard that Prince was the upscale place... so I wanted "D" to experience it. But since we 3 were together.... we all had to. It's wasn't as cheap as the other alternatives.... And "T" had no interest in a sex massage whatsoever. I was cool with trying it out, of course. And "D" conceded that it was something he should try. When we got there, the place was nice looking. "D" said, "These are the best guys Bangkok has to offer?" ( He is so damn picky. ) We each picked out stud... Getting "T" to pick one was like pulling teeth. He insisted, no sex. We all got a 90 minute massage (separately). But, in the end, "D" said he had "a great massage, and great sex too". So I was pleased. My massage was barely ok.... and the sex was better than ok. "T" said he had an ok massage... but he was slightly annoyed that he had to keep telling the masseur, "No. No sex please. Only massage." ha ha

So, our last night there was approaching fast.... and all three of us had a growing sick feeling in our stomachs.... at the thought of having to say goodbye. Our flight was at 1:40am or some such. So the plan was that "T" would go with us in the car to the airport..... and after we left, he would go back to Le Meridian and sleep there.... and get up in the morning, have breakfast, and then head back home to Pattaya.

Saying goodbye was very hard. As he was wagging his finger at us, telling us, "No cry...." .... making a fist to say, "Be strong". I saw clearly water welling up in his eyes. It wasn't until his taxi drove away... and his face disappeared in the distance.... that I completely broke down and lost it. The floodgates burst, and "D" had to console me. In fact, just writing this I'm getting all emotional again, as I relive it. The only thing that consoled me was remembering all the plans that we now have for each other... and the goals we now have to work toward.

anonone
October 12th, 2012, 11:09
Thanks for the update Bruce. I am very happy for you and glad that things worked out so well.

And welcome to the "fallen in love with a Thai" club. :glasses7:

The long distance thing can suck, no sugarcoating it. But sounds like you have the right outlook with skype and plans for a return soon.

I wish all of you nothing but the best...and look forward to once again meeting up when our paths should happen to cross.

colmx
October 13th, 2012, 09:33
Saying goodbye was very hard. As he was wagging his finger at us, telling us, "No cry...." .... making a fist to say, "Be strong". I saw clearly water welling up in his eyes. It wasn't until his taxi drove away... and his face disappeared in the distance.... that I completely broke down and lost it. The floodgates burst, and "D" had to console me. In fact, just writing this I'm getting all emotional again, as I relive it. The only thing that consoled me was remembering all the plans that we now have for each other... and the goals we now have to work toward.

Thanks for the update Bruce!
Great to hear that you D and T got on so well

B-D-T - a new sandwich for burger king! :evil4:

Seems like we were in Pattaya at the same time but BF and I rarely visit PattayaLand soi 3 and arev ery much into the Buy-a-whiskey-bottle places so our paths never crossed!

One thing i like about the new layout in Subanabhumi is the new upstairs security control area...
instead of saying a permanent farewell to your friend at the taxi rank, check in gate or boarding pass check...

It is now possible to go upstairs to security control...and then see your friend again (albeit behind a see through screen) before going to immigration control...
That last waved goodbye through the perspex screen is always the most precious memory for me :love4:

Hope that you and D can meet and be as happy with T again soon!

Brad the Impala
October 13th, 2012, 15:10
Thanks Bruce for concluding the story of the trip and your experiences. Of course it is to be continued, and very happy for all of you!

anonone
October 14th, 2012, 07:14
I know everyone is different, but I don't think I could take the "goodbye at the airport" scene. Being in the taxi for 90 minutes going to the airport, knowing that I am leaving and the goodbye is coming....wow, just a bit too emotionally hard for me.

We have always said our goodbye at the hotel. Nothing sucks quite so much as being in the taxi to the airport, having said goodbye, and knowing it will be months until we are together again....

adman5000
October 14th, 2012, 11:17
Thanks for the detailed story and letting us share the happy experiences.

I always decline my Thai friends offers to see me off at the airport. I find it too difficult. I prefer a clean goodbye and then switch to my other life.

October 14th, 2012, 16:18
Personally i like to say good bye at the airport ..it just means more to me and its nice he's the most important person i see before i go to the plane and when i come back he is the first person i see ..its such a buzz to meet him at the airport and he gives me a big hug

bruce_nyc
October 24th, 2012, 04:24
Hi, All. :notworthy:

We've finally nailed down the dates for our next trip. We will be there from January 7th through February 9th.

This trip will be a bit different though....

We 3 are now in a relationship......

We're still in a 100% open, and 100% honest, relationship.... It's just that there are now three of us.... so it's a polyamorous relationship. There are only two things that we all agree are not allowed - jealousy and dishonesty. So, we have absolutely zero jealousy.... And we all tell each other everything. No secrets.... the whole truth and nothing but the truth. We love each other unconditionally..... and non-judgmentally.

"D" and I talk with "T" once, twice, sometimes three times a day... on the phone or skype. It is very difficult for all of us... that the two of us are so far away from him right now.

He quit his job at the go go bar. In fact, we were his last customers. He starts a new job tomorrow, where he's working full-time in the field he studied at university. ( He graduated from one of the best universities in Thailand. )

By the way, him choosing to quit the go go bar was totally his choice. We made it very clear to him that we're fine with him working there..... But he chose the more "normal" (traditional) job for two reasons.... One, business is apparently very bad in the go go bars this month with all the rain that Thailand has been getting.... almost no new customers. And two, I think he's a bit tired of doing that kind of work. But, as I said, we made it very clear to him that we're totally ok with him working in the bar if he wants to. He said that he might go back and work there for a month or two during the high season.... Or not. We all agree, it's totally up to him. Personally, I think he might also be feeling a little weird, or uneasy, about working at a go go bar... now that he is in a relationship ( with two American lovers, no less ). BUT.... as I said, we have been very adamant about saying nothing to encourage, nor discourage, him from quitting that type of work. We see absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is 100% "up to him".... literally.

So this trip.... We'll be spending some time with family ( his family is now our family ) in Pattaya, and with our good friends in Pattaya, and some time with family in Bangkok, and some time with family down in Nakhon Si Thammarat. We also plan to actually make it to a nice beach resort in Ko Samui this time. Yes, "T" agreed to the beach too..... But we will have to research carefully to make sure that they have a cabana situation, or a "solid sea of umbrellas", or something similarly protected from the sun... like Jomtien beach has.... so that "T" and I can avoid the direct sun.... and "D" can worship the sun and sand and swimming at the same time.... and everyone's happy. :glasses7:

I doubt that we'll visit any go go bars this time... unless it's to pop in and say hello to a few friends. ( We seem to have made friends at several of the bars, now that I think about it. :nknw: )

:3some: But this time, it will mostly be about the 3 of us spending the entire time..... entwined in love ....we all miss each other so much. We'll see how well we three continue to get along.... over such an extended period of time. Personally, I expect that we will just fall in love that much more.

I can tell you this.... When we first started planning our trip to Thailand for 2012..... We never --- in our wildest dreams --- expected that anything like this would happen. But we three are now talking about spending the rest of our lives together.... and everything that goes along with that. It has been an overwhelming and life-changing experience..... to say the least.

I figure I must have done something really spectacularly good, in a past life.... to have deserved to find, and be with, ---- not one, but TWO ---- men of my dreams..... together. The joy we all share is exponential. :love4:

Oh.... I almost forgot to mention....

Just before I went with him to his home in South Thailand, he came out.... on the telephone .... to his Mama. Before he told her he was bringing home a falang .... and that this falang is a MAN, not a lady ..... nobody knew he was gay. However, everyone was extremely loving and open and accepting.

Then......

Later, when "D" had joined up with us.... "T"'s Mama happened to be up in Pattaya visiting his sister in Pattaya, and his brothers and other sister in Bangkok. So... They all got to meet "D" too.... and they all really could see his heart too. ( However, they all just assumed that he was straight, and that we were just friends. )

Then..... Since we left and went back to New York, "T" has now come out to his entire family, that he has not One...... but Two Boyfriends!

But they all knew me and "D" already..... and they've all been 100% accepting and happy for us all.

It's a brave new world, I guess

Neal
October 24th, 2012, 05:58
Well the best of luck and happiness to all of you and keep us all informed, ok?
Hope you will see us all sitting on the beach right where ya left us when you return and fill us all in. :hello2:

bruce_nyc
October 24th, 2012, 07:36
HA Ha Ha ha! :sign5:

DaBoss just PM'd me to tell me..... that he wanted to comment about my sluttiness... in not being satisfied with only one cock, and one ass..... "But I was being nice."

I replied,

No need to be nice....!

You are ABBBBSSSOOOOO lutely correct about that!

Imagine waking up to TWO cocks.....

And TWO assess.....

And One doing the Other....

And two working on one at the same time....

And.... oh you can just let your imagination go wild..... and think of new positions for hours.....

One morning, I woke up to those two making love.... And I decided.... instead of joining in this time, and instead of just watching.... I decided to video the whole thing....

I'm so glad I did.

It's my own, "for my eyes only", best porn I've ever seen....

This morning, we were talking with "T" on the telephone. I heard "D" telling him that..... "Just hearing your voice is making me strong!" ( meaning hard ) And who doesn't know that especially here in Thailand? Yawn. DaBoss

When he handed the phone back to me, I confirmed that.... and I told "T" that "D" really was as hard as a rock.... just from hearing his voice on the phone... and talking about general topics... :tongue1:

We three have fallen so deeply in love too..... But trust me..... None of us forgets about the phenomenal sex. :ura1:

Neal
October 24th, 2012, 07:42
:sign5: I should remind your sluttiness that the reprinting of PMs or parts of them are grounds for banning but as you were just rambling, I will allow it this time BUT that will cost you TWO cheescakes this time and make sure they are different flavors and not plain, cheap whore. :sign5: :snorting:

bruce_nyc
October 24th, 2012, 07:47
Who's the Cheap Ho!???

I bet I could get ANYTHING from you...... for the price of a little bit of yummy creamy melts in your mouth cheesecake.... :ink:

UncleTom
October 24th, 2012, 11:22
http://www.empowernetwork.com/smashmarketing/files/2012/08/throw_up2.jpg

SoiVC Slut-old
October 24th, 2012, 13:16
I guess cheese cake does not agree with Uncle Tom :laughing3:

Neal
October 24th, 2012, 14:02
I have always had the impression that few things do. :evil4:

Halfhansum
October 24th, 2012, 20:27
I had a lump in my throat ... :happy7:

bruce_nyc
October 26th, 2012, 06:08
Well, today was "T"'s first day at his new job. We're both very proud of him. Before he left for work, I had told him exactly that... by text message....

Being a man of very few, but well-chosen, words.... He replied simply, "yes baby" Then later, " р╕Хр╕╖р╣Ир╕Щр╣Ар╕Хр╣Й р╕Щ." (Exited)

Of course, we didn't bother him while he was at work... But 5 minutes after his quitting time, I texted him. "Are you finished at work now?"

He replied, "hi baby i go home now sleep sleep"

( It was late Thailand time. Being the new guy with the least seniority, they have him working the late shift for now. )

We both miss him so much. :-(

The only consolation we have.... besides talking with him every day on the phone and/or skype.... is the joy of planning all the details of our next trip.... which is coming up January 7.

We were reading about that new airline that flies from Pattaya to Siem Reep ... and we were thinking it'd be fun for the 3 of us to take a few days and go stay in a gay hotel in Siem Reep.

We also plan to go spend at least a few days with Mama and Papa and the whole family back at home in Nahkan Si Thamarrat. ( This time we 3 are staying AT their home... no hour drive to an expensive crappy hotel this time... and since he's now 'out' as being in a 3-way relationship... he says the 3 of us will even sleep together there! :-)

From there, we'll take a car service up to a boat.... and go spend some real quality time at a gorgeous resort in Ko Samui. That should be magical. :-)

At some point in there, we'll probably spend two or three days in Bangkok too.... if just to spend a little time with his family there too ( two brothers, one sister, and the babies/kids, his nephews and nieces ).

The rest of the time we'll make Pattaya our home base... because, of course, he lives and works there. He shares the rent on a place with his sister and her husband and their 2-year-old. We would be welcome to stay there, I'm certain, but I'm sure we 3 will want lots of private alone time.... so our suite at The Ambiance will probably be a more comfortable ( and private and intimate ) choice. We all enjoyed it there.

It was smart thinking on his part, that before he started this new job, his employer had to agree that he will Not be able to work from January 7 through February 9.... because he will be with us 24/7. :-)

We're all soooo looking forward to this.... 10 weeks and counting down.

Who of you will be in Pattaya during that time?

bruce_nyc
October 30th, 2012, 03:25
Just a pointer to another thread... for anyone interested ....

I'm posting real time updates from Hurricane Sandy in NYC, here: hurricane-sandy-hits-east-coast-usa-huge-t27420.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/hurricane-sandy-hits-east-coast-usa-huge-t27420.html)

:occasion9:

christianpfc
October 31st, 2012, 00:11
Did it ever occur to you that your buggery/fornication with two (!) boyfriends is the reason for Hurricane Sandy? (Joke)

Hurricane Sandy Blamed On Gays, Obama And Romney By Preacher John McTernan

The Eastern seaboard may have yet to experience the full wrath of Hurricane Sandy, but one right-wing Christian preacher is already pointing the finger at the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/2 ... gay-voices (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/29/hurricane-sandy-gays-same-sex-marriage-obama-romney_n_2038781.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices)

October 31st, 2012, 01:27
Ha ha EXCELLENT Christian - you've just won me five pounds !!! I had a bet on with a "good living" Co worker in my office here about just how long it would take before Hurricane Sandy would be blamed on the gays by the Crazies - I'd said within 24 hours and she said "not at all" and that I was just being anti Christian ( towards the religion not you :-) - ha ha so, this is one bet I FULLY intend to collect my winnings on as truth be told SHE probably thinks he's right anyway and it IS all our fault anyway !! :-)

christianpfc
November 1st, 2012, 01:06
Congratulations! But to be fair, I read about this article on gaythailand.com and just checked it and qouted it here because it fits so well.

a447
November 1st, 2012, 17:58
Hi Bruce
I'll catch you on the verandah of the Ambiance in January!

bruce_nyc
November 1st, 2012, 20:11
Sounds great! :-)

Keep in touch with me directly ( voice phone, email, sms, or pm ) as the date gets closer. Now that go go bars aren't my number ONE interest in Pattaya, I'm not yet sure where I'll be staying.

Don't get me wrong.... I love it there, and I'll love visiting often. I still highly recommend the Ambiance and I very much look forward to visiting all the go go bars, etc. I'm just not sure yet if I'll be staying at Ambiance or elsewhere ( some non-gay area ) in Pattaya this time. And now I have 2 others to consult with and get a consensus from. :-) I'm perfectly happy staying at Ambiance.... unless T isn't as comfortable staying there... where everyone knows him and where he no longer works. ( I've been told by other falang of their ex-bar-boy boyfriends feeling very uncomfortable going back and staying in boyztown... constantly running into former customers, etc... I have no idea if T will feel that way or not. It wouldn't surprise me either way. I'll let you know... )

But no matter what, I'll be happy to meet you ( and anyone else from here ) on the terrace of the Ambiance, with a little advance notice. :-)

All three of us are counting down the days.... :-(

We talk on the phone at least once a day now, and skype video every couple of days. He's very busy working long hours... 9 hours a day, 6 days a week... at his new job. I believe it's going very well there. Everyone there seems to love him. But it seems like all he does is work, shower, eat, sleep, shower, eat, work, repeat. I know. That's the work-a-day life... :-)

Thank God he's arranged to take the 5 weeks we'll be there in Jan-Feb Off from his job.... so we'll be able to be together again 24/7.

My trip reports might not be nearly as interesting though, now that I won't be trying to off every boy in town. Sorry for that. ;-)

November 2nd, 2012, 01:59
Don't worry Bruce as I've a sneaking feeling that no matter what you may think now your trip reports are going to be ANYTHING but boring over the coming months - and if anything they may well be more a case of us all "wait for the next breath holding instalment" :-)

Impulse
November 2nd, 2012, 05:36
( I've been told by other falang of their ex-bar-boy boyfriends feeling very uncomfortable going back and staying in boyztown... constantly running into former customers, etc... I have no idea if T will feel that way or not. It wouldn't surprise me either way. I'll let you know... )

I would take this into consideration. I offed for a few days a boi from Happy Boys and he hated hanging out in Sunee. I wanted to have a few drinks and hang out with an American friend for a while. As we were in his condo(my friends), the boi I was with looked so miserable so I told him to go back to where we were staying and wait for me to come back. He looked like he won the lottery he was so happy,lol. I've seen this with other guys and I can understand why they feel so uncomfortable. In your case since you're only 28, he might be very proud to show you off.

See how he reacts but remember he might not tell you how he really feels if he thinks he is ruining your plans.

I'm so glad to hear of your trip and how well it went....and being a butterfly myself am slightly jealous that you have found a longterm on only your second trip. That is awesome! And your trip reports are right up there with a477 as most interesting reads. Oh and dodgers,Christians and a few others too...sorry to leave out some others as there are many good trip reports.

Neal
November 2nd, 2012, 05:58
Take into consideration that if he has worked the bar or area for at least a few months that he is concerned about running into his other customers or boyfriends.