PDA

View Full Version : Good Italian food in Pattaya

kjun12
August 20th, 2012, 11:19
Since I've llived in Thailand I have not found a good pizza. Well, I finally found one in Jomtien at the Oasis. The spaghetti carbonara was very good also. The place is owned by a real Italian and he does a good job with the food. All of the patrons other than the two of us spoke Italian so it must get their approval also.

billy2bs
August 20th, 2012, 11:36
Try the Italian place down soi 17 in Sunni .Yensabai just before the 7-11 there at the end.Very good and reasonable too.Cant yet remember the name though. Oh ya Voltera. CIAO

paperboy
August 20th, 2012, 20:53
yes, ive been to the one near sunee plaza
its very very good, and the owner (chef) is from toscana i think
i always pop in when i go to pattaya

Neal
August 20th, 2012, 20:59
OK can someone tell me where the place is that the OP is referring to?

aot871
August 21st, 2012, 05:18
If you mean the one in jomtiem its about 100mts from pa pa davids, on the same side just befoe the statue roundabout oppersite the pig and whistle pub

Narakmak
August 21st, 2012, 07:29
Oasis is at Soi 5 and Beach Road. I've tried the Russian food there. It was OK. Not good enough to go back. Also, it's pricey.
The wood fired oven Italian place near the statue is a good Italian restaurant. When it is on special, the eggplant parm has got to be the best in town, no contest. They have a real Sicilian chef. Quite the macho hunk he is!
I like their calzones. Surprisingly, I didn't love their pizza, thin crust Italian style, not overly impressed with the toppings either, didn't have the char or crust flavor I was expecting. I think many people do love their pizza. You should try it. I would be surprised if Oasis has great pizza but I guess I should try it.

Manforallseasons
August 21st, 2012, 15:46
For my money the best Italian food to be had in Pattaya is the original Pan Pan in Jomtien, in all the years I've been going there I've yet to me dissapointed.

firecat69
August 22nd, 2012, 01:33
For my money the best Italian food to be had in Pattaya is the original Pan Pan in Jomtien, in all the years I've been going there I've yet to me dissapointed.

Interesting that they have kept up their quality at the original location when the Beach Rd and Mall Location are just disgraceful. Terrible food and Terrible service!!!

Manforallseasons
August 22nd, 2012, 02:19

Interesting that they have kept up their quality at the original location when the Beach Rd and Mall Location are just disgraceful. Terrible food and Terrible service!!!

The beach road location is closed but Jomtien is great!

firecat69
August 22nd, 2012, 03:12
Not surprised as bad as they were. Central Festival will probably be next?

Neal
August 22nd, 2012, 03:28
Well I never tried it but if was as bad as the Blue Parrot which has just announced that it will close in November....... I swear there were a lot better places than that and they always had soem that raved about it.