PDA

View Full Version : dress code on the beach

August 13th, 2012, 13:11
Hi Guys,

Noobs here. I am planning my first trip to Thailand and would like to know if unlined speedo is accepted locally. Is it offensive to wear a pair of unlined swimsuit (a lil bit c thru) on the public beach? Or I'd better find a gay or nude beach?

Thanks.

Neal
August 13th, 2012, 13:41
Hello and welcome to the forum.
While some falang have no regard fro Thailand laws and or culture, the proper thing to do is where at least a speedo. that being said, there are falang that wear g string bikinis and thongs. I have even seen falang take off their shorts with absolutely nothing on underneath and change into a bathing suit. Some women oe sex changes walk around with their boobies out. While I have never heard of anyone being arrested or fined, it is definitely against Thai culture and I feel it is an insult to disregard their culture just like these big motorbikes that are for sale and rent. They are against the norm of Thai culture.

Marsilius
August 13th, 2012, 14:00
And please remember to avoid, at all costs, the falang solecism of wearing socks with your sandals.

Neal
August 13th, 2012, 14:07
And what about wearing your gold chains, bracelets etc to the beach so that you can show everyone that you are stupid and wear your money rather than save it like intelligent folk? Oh look at me, I have money....until you are on a baht bus and a motorcycle swiftly passes you along with your never to be found savings! :nud:

Oh this thread could get interesting. Actually I will open a new thread!

Oliver
August 13th, 2012, 14:48
Falangs should also remember that shirts should be worn once they have left the beach.

Neal
August 13th, 2012, 15:13
Very true! Thanks Oliver!
Also they should remember that thongs and g strings are a no no for two very important reasons.
First, everyone laughs at you with your wrinkly sagging 70 year old ass in a thing that really was made for a lady. Although I dislike that also BUT and at 70 or even at 40 you ass does not belong in a revealing bathing suit. There is nothing sexy about looking at a 70 year old man in a g string. YOU ASS AIN'T SEXY and if they tell you it is, its falang fishing!!

Second try to remember that T shirts with the sleeves cut off are MUSCLE T shirts. 99% of you don't belong in them!! You don'y have muscles! you have plump or sagging flesh!! Don't thinmk anyone wants to look at your armpits at your age! :tongue3:

Up2U
August 13th, 2012, 17:27
.....and please no outfits like this. This was spotted on the beach last week. He's (or she) is a real nutter. Most people were mildly amused to be polite, but some Thai's were genuinely upset. "Why do falang come to Thailand and act stupid like this? one masseur asked me.

http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-bl ... idiculous/ (http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog/from-the-sublime-to-the-ridiculous/)

Oliver
August 13th, 2012, 17:42
You can buy shirts at Soi Buakheo for 60bht; it isn't difficult to look decent in Pattaya. I've even seen falangs wandering around Central without shirts. The poorest Thais manage to take a pride in their appearance (my boyfriend spends half the day examining himself in the mirror) and so falangs who can't be bothered are being extremely rude to their hosts.

gaymandenmark
August 13th, 2012, 17:59
What is on my no understand list is this kind of gay farang wearing swimwear that does not reflects his age or in no way fits his body, when he is in Thailand.
In his homecountry he would never do it because he know it is looking foolish and stupied and not sexy at all.

Maybe it was not my business, but I told him he looked just the same in Thailand, and that he in fact showed no respect to the thai, even if he was on a gay beach.

If eyes could kill.

Ps to explain he was to say it nice, hmmm, very big, and had nothing more on than a g-string. Hi was so sexy when he walked up and down the beach. When he bent forward to pick something up from the beach just in-front of me, it was just to much. :pukeright: :pukeleft:

arsenal
August 13th, 2012, 18:15
While I do agree he looks absurd I don't approve of whoever it was sitting there secretly taking photos of people and posting them on a public forum without the persons consent. It's a bit creepy, slimy even.
He's not doing anyone any harm.

Up2U
August 13th, 2012, 18:30
While I do agree he looks absurd I don't approve of whoever it was sitting there secretly taking photos of people and posting them on a public forum without the persons consent. It's a bit creepy, slimy even.
He's not doing anyone any harm.

Normally I would agree with you but you had to see this girl. He wanted to be seen and be controversial. He was prancing up and down the beach, looking at people, seeking attention and had no problem being photographed.

Neal
August 13th, 2012, 19:57
This "person" has been coming to Thailand now for several years. He is by far an attention seeker walking in a very prancy way that is to attract as much attention as possible. You cannot actually tell me that you have not seen him/her/it. Comes about two times a year at least, stays in the Cafe Royale mostly. Walks out and then starts strutting around seeking attention and loving it.
Actually came to my bar one night with two other friends (sorry would not get caught even walking with it) sat down to watch the show. I went in and saw a bottle of water and that was it. I inquired to the waiter why there were 3 and only 1 bottle of water to which the waiter responded that they did not want anything. I said to the waiter that this was not hte way it works. 3 people in is 3 drinks. He told them this and they got up and left highly insulted! Yes the waiter was charged the 2 extra drinks. Sorry policy is policy and he very well knew it. Seemed like the waiter was either friends with them or trying to get a bigger tip.

August 13th, 2012, 21:56
Thanks so much for your prompt responses. I am not a thong or G-string type of guy. I'll wear bikini. Is it tolerated to wear an unlined bikini? Maybe a bit transparent when wet? I am also thinking to buy a pair of Aussiebum. Although some are lined, still they can get see thru.
Thank you guys.

anonone
August 14th, 2012, 00:05
On a regular, public beach...no an unlined speedo would not be appropriate. Thai people are conservative in dress and public nudity is offensive. "a little see through" would not be the right thing to wear.

There are no nude beaches in Thailand, for the same reason. As indicated above, you may stumble across a topless female or two, but this is more a function of a visitor not respecting local customs than a designated clothing-optional area.

Thai people are mostly non-confrontational, so I doubt you would be publicly admonished, but if you are at all sensitive to offending others, a lined speedo would be much more appropriate.

gaymandenmark
August 14th, 2012, 00:15
@anonone, so true so true, and if anyone tells you something different, they are wrong.

joe552
August 14th, 2012, 00:20
perhaps we could see a photo of the OP in his speedos - just so we can make an informed comment? :dontknow:

gaymandenmark
August 14th, 2012, 00:25
joe I was thinking the same, not only how old is he, but also how fit is he.
Something can be cute on a 20ish years old guy, but look terrible on anyone else. :glasses7:

Neal
August 14th, 2012, 00:56
Well there you have it. How old are you and how fit are you? Can we see a picture of you in it?

August 14th, 2012, 01:13
Thanks guys. That helped a lot! I am not fat, kinda skinny and exhibitionist, but no interest in thong/g-string swimsuit.

August 14th, 2012, 08:35
Personally l think there should be a law requiring fat old farangs on the beach to cover up with those outfits the poor old Saudi women have to wear. I only want to see the cute guys in gstrings, not the elephants.

arsenal
August 14th, 2012, 11:56
The boys in WWB used to wear leopard skin thongs and they looked just fine.

TravellerDave
August 14th, 2012, 12:31
Good topic.
Prior to discovering Pattaya I used to holiday at gay resorts in Europe such as Playa del Ingles and Ibiza. There I enjoyed going naked on the beach and also wearing outrageous thongs (luminous colours and black leather). I have taken them to Pattaya but not worn them on the Dongtan beach although occasionally you see males in them there, as I would feel self-conscious doing so. On Dongtan some of the young Thai boys wear tiny speedos but not thongs. On the Pattaya beaches you see females, particularly Russian girls, in thong bikinis but not topless.
If you insist on wearing a thong for swimming or just sitting around I would suggest the gay Samsuk Sauna around the pool where there would be no problem or issues.
There is no doubt that the Thais are modest about their appearance. During my last trip I decided to invite a boy I had offed from a Gogo to accompany me to Dongtan beach. He readily agreed but needed swimwear so we stopped off at Vinegar in the JomTien complex where I bought him a small sexy speedo type pair. He sat with me most of the time with a towel covering his lower half apart from when we went into the sea when he was covered by water. When I commented to him about why he was shy and yet danced in the Gogo I didn't get a reply.

August 14th, 2012, 13:41
Hi Guys,

Noobs here. I am planning my first trip to Thailand and would like to know if unlined speedo is accepted locally. Is it offensive to wear a pair of unlined swimsuit (a lil bit c thru) on the public beach? Or I'd better find a gay or nude beach?

Thanks.

To me, wearing any type of see through swimwear, regardless of the location, strikes me as being a tad inappropriate (youngsters, families etc.)

August 14th, 2012, 15:10
He readily agreed but needed swimwear so we stopped off at Vinegar in the JomTien complex where I bought him a small sexy speedo type pair. He sat with me most of the time with a towel covering his lower half apart from when we went into the sea when he was covered by water. When I commented to him about why he was shy and yet danced in the Gogo I didn't get a reply.

Thais (even those for hire) are naturally modest. When it comes to work, the requirements over ride that.

anonone
August 14th, 2012, 17:45
Yes, very much so.

I especially like how some boys wrap a towel around them when coming out of the shower, dive into bed, and only then remove the towel. "Oh, I am shy boy...."

Of course, 5 seconds later the covers are off and modesty is not evident at all......

August 14th, 2012, 18:11
Yes, very much so.

I especially like how some boys wrap a towel around them when coming out of the shower, dive into bed, and only then remove the towel. "Oh, I am shy boy...."

Of course, 5 seconds later the covers are off and modesty is not evident at all......

Work requirements over ride modesty....... so does a hard one.

Neal
August 14th, 2012, 20:42
I had a boy of several years. His body was flawless so I went to a tailor and had made for him a pair of see through very light net black pants for the beach, I never thought anything wrong because I also bought him a regular brief which was also black. I thought it very sexy. To say the least it never got worn.

Oliver
August 14th, 2012, 21:16
I read somewhere-maybe even here- that Thai modesty is the result of mixed sexes sharing living accommodation and beds.

I always find it both irritating and amusing in Babylon that the only people whom you see wandering around naked in the dark areas are unlovely falangs. Being among younger guys are who are cute always makes me more shy; some falangs, evidently, feel differently.

gaymandenmark
August 14th, 2012, 21:35
OT why is that so many wants to turn of the light, dont they like to look at my body? :sign5: :laughing3:

anonone
August 14th, 2012, 23:50
There may be some personal differences here among the Thais as well. You know, some stereotypes but not everyone falls into those buckets....

BF likes to walk up and down Dong Tan beach with me, and he wears some pretty skimpy briefs...But he only does that with me. If walking by himself, he throws on some shorts.
I think there is an element of "this is my man" type of thing going on....but I will not pretend to know exactly.

Of course, he also has mentioned several times that I should get a speedo for the beach.....not gong to happen. While I am not terribly out of shape (especially compared to some of the speedo wearing falang roaming around) I know that only some body types look good in a speedo....and my type is not one of them. :sign5:

billy2bs
August 15th, 2012, 01:18
Well I don't think I will be wearing a dress to the beach any time soon. I think we should leave that to the ladies. As for see throughs...well most Thai will not do that.. How about some cute white ones that show the outlines very nicely,especially when wet and clingy when you exit the water.
Now let me check my calendar to see when I get to return to the LOS. :party

christianpfc
August 18th, 2012, 21:49
What is the difference between a lined and an unlined speedo/underwear/swimsuit?

francois
August 18th, 2012, 22:58
Unlined Speedos make it easier to determine if the wearer is circumcised or not.