PDA

View Full Version : Wild West Boys Doing Lady Boy Shows?

Neal
August 13th, 2012, 00:50
Well I went past Wild West Boys tonight and saw a group of some of the most :pukeright: lady boys all in costumes outside like they were ready to put on or after a show. Since when has WWB changed from hot boy numbers to a ladyboy show? Are they trying to compete with Copa and BBB? :dontknow:

I have not walked around in ages and I just was shocked! Anyone have any comments on the show?

anonone
August 13th, 2012, 01:32
In my experience, WWB has a mix of numbers. They alternate around the LB lip sync (with some very good male dancers....very good in looks and dancing...and other activity :love4: ) and what you would typically think of as "hot boy numbers" - Some limited nudity, not much contact, more "erotic" or teasing than parade / action stuff.

WWB also tend to do more "Thai" or "Isaan" type numbers than any other place, which is one of the reasons I like it.

I think it is rather smart to have the mix. I cannot explain why, but most Thai in the audience seem to really enjoy the LB lip sync stuff. BF loves it and watches them intently when on stage. I just admire the dancers then. The locals also get into the Thai / Isaan numbers, which would be expected. I think most Thai are pretty bored with the hot boy show stuff. WWB is where BF and I usually end up as there is something there for each of us.

If picking just for me, I would choose X Boys, at least occasionally. If picking just for him, BF would probably end up at Boyz Boyz Boyz (which I cannot stand).

NickysGayPattaya
August 13th, 2012, 08:48
We did a review of WWB show on our blog on the 17th July - I've copied the bulk of what we said here. Sorry it's a bit long, but you asked ...

тАЬWell тАж tonight was the night to complete the Pattaya Shows. I decided to go to Wild West Boys.

Man how that place has changed since I was last in there! OK ostensibly itтАЩs still the same. There is the d├йcor which really is wonderfully indescribable. The feel of the place тАУ itтАЩs black ceiling with added ironwork, itтАЩs silver and red sequins, itтАЩs leopard skin seats тАУ is a cross between a 70тА▓s trendy disco and a marvellous set from the Rocky Horror Show. (Hold that thought in your head). The Volkswagen Beetle is still diving out of the ceiling as you go in. One day it will land! The photos of Asian hunks in Stetsons (getting more yellowed) are still backlit on the beams and the plaster angels still up in the ceiling. TheyтАЩve cut the seating area in half from when I went before. There are now only seats on the right as you go in and either side of a тАЬtongueтАЭ that sticks out from the stage. All the seating behind the stage has gone, as have a lot of the seats near the stage. I suppose full, it could hold around 60 people, instead of more than double that of a past era. Last night we counted around a dozen тАУ augmented by a small group of drunken latecomers who thought it was a lady bar (youтАЩll understand why later).

When we went in there were five boys on the stage. A good mix. They were shirtless in jeans (and 3 out of 5 in boots). Good look for a Wild West themed bar. Drinks were 180B each for soft drinks or alcohol. And so, on with the show. The red sparkly curtains were pulled back revealing the full depth of the stage. Unfortunately this creates a тАЬbox likeтАЭ stage for the performers to work in, and they use the full depth, making the whole thing hard to see if youтАЩre at the side (as we were). The show started well. 4 cute boys dancing accompanying a ladyboy to the music from тАЬBurlesqueтАЭ. As the first track finished the boys went off and were replaced with 5 additional ladyboys. For the third track they all were on the stage. Ten people dancing had plenty of room to manoeuvre. This shows the size of the stage.

After this there was a very short pause and 5 new ladyboys performed a Samba type number. The costumes had once been very flamboyant, as (I am sure) had been the dancers. Several of them could easily star in British pantomimes. A solo ladyboy in a beautiful red costume started the next number. It was a lovely Thai number. Then there was a (huge) burst of smoke and the tempo stepped up. The same group of boys (plus one who wasnтАЩt sure if he was boy or ladyboy, appearing in both types of costume) joined the dance. This was followed by the pantomime performers in a Bosanova number. I wonтАЩt go through the rest of the show тАУ you get the idea. IтАЩll just mention one number. For the second time in 7 days I saw тАЬDonтАЩt you think your girlfriend is hot like meтАЭ. I swear the performers have a sense of humour. The cast at this point were all in basques and fishnet tights. Did I mention the Rocky Horror Show in the preamble?

Interspersed in this was a shower show (?), with two boys, they were wearing flimsy briefs, which left nothing to the imagination. One of the boys was big in all places. The show finished with the indomitable B-Boys. They did a double length (10 minute) number and for once, they had a stage big enough to put on a great show. The total length of the show was an hour. It had a huge cast тАУ around 10 ladyboys and 4 or 5 boys, (plus the B-Boys and the shower boys) and provided an interesting cabaret style entertainment. I do, however, remember the Wild West shows from before and mourn their passing."

There were no Thai/Isaan numbers as was the case before. There was also (apart from the shower show) no erotic, boy, or sexy numbers. it was just a straight ladyboy show (bad choice of phrase I guess). If you've not been there for a while, it has changed out of all recognition.

Nicky

Neal
August 13th, 2012, 09:19
well at least for me, that's really too bad. I too remember the shows of a few years ago with all the hot boys. I cann't stand pantomiming ladyboys. I would rather kill myself! :duel:

August 13th, 2012, 11:43
You think that's bad? I've just watched a show featuring Tukky, a well known Thai female comedien and singer. Her backup dancers were 70% katoey, and most of them probably couldn't get through a standard sized door and could easily crack a mirror. Talk about jelly... then there was the incredibly ugly katoey presenter who formerly appeared at DJ station in Bangkok.

Neal
August 13th, 2012, 11:57
I know some will say that I have a vested interest by making this post but the fact of the matter really is that there were 3 bars in my immediate area of Boyztown that I enjoyed visiting. Coming up at #3 was Wild West Boys because I never liked the 2 fat mamasans. They were lethal thieves!
In 2nd Place for me was Cupidol and I have not been there in so long as I have this bar and I think it only correct to take your own boys off than to always take from other bars. It sends your boys a signal that you think badly of them and they are not up to u=your standards. I like ti take off my boys that are not getting too many customers. anyway and in #1 place isn't hard to figure out but I was always enjoying Funny Boys. That is what I based most of Happy Place on. I had some free time a few months ago and that's where I went to relax. Tim and Mr Lute (spelling) have always run a fine place and I enjoy it there. mama Rose is a bit pushy for me but if she wasn't she would not be as good as she is and not make any money. Yes, Funny Boys #1.
Anyway getting back to the discussion at hand, I di always love to see the studly hot boys in their loincloths and the show was fabulous. There were some gay boys and that's ok but there wasn't all this katoy and lip sync. They were good manly numbers.
Sorry I know it is appealing to some but what I saw last night drove me away rather than in.

lukylok
August 13th, 2012, 14:48
I went to WWB four weeks ago, and found the show good, not erotic but nice to watch, well executed and nice costumes.

There was in particular one very sexy dancer who drew my attention .... :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Oliver
August 13th, 2012, 18:14
About three years ago, WWB had a troup of astonishingly-cute guys who did traditional Thai dances in costume.
When I last visited a year or so ago, there were still a couple of items that were Thai rather than Las Vegas.
The show ended with a bewildering folkloric dance scene which the go-go boys crowded in to see.
They found it hilarious; I was totally bemused. And more importantly , so was my bf who prides himself (quite rightly) on being "very Thai." Nevertheless,
I awarded WWB brownie points for paying some sort of respect to Thai culture and doing something different.

I liked the early days of Throb, when the show was 100% male. If my memory serves me correct, khatoeys didn't appear until Khun Oh came on the scene...and , to begin with, he was very much a junior partner. It may have been Oh's popularity that led Kevin, when he took over, to change the show. I suspect that the tour-groups preferred the glitz that the khatoeys brought. But they were straight!

I also recall a period when there was often an item presented by the Throb go-go boys which featured Isaan dancing. I found it very touching.

lonelywombat
August 15th, 2012, 12:39
I have always enjoyed WWB and I think their male dancers are better that Copa . I sometimes try and slip into the late show if I have been out to dinner.

I have been into WWB twice this trip, both late shows, and was the only person other than staff, to see the show.

I am not sure why they get treated this way. Compared to Copa I rate it all round a better show.

Alex303
September 29th, 2012, 12:22
I used to be a big fan of the WWB show (2-3 years ago) and tbh it always used to be great one to take your company for the evening to see with the Issan themed dancers etc....but now...what a shame really!

Popped in the other evening to have a chat with the owner & a couple of friends who still work there and i think there was only myself & two other punters there for the entire show....waste of a great venue