PDA

View Full Version : ChristianPFC takes a break

christianpfc
August 11th, 2012, 04:36
ChristianPFC takes a break

I have been reading these gay Thailand forums and blogs on an almost daily basis for about two years. Notable exceptions beeing when I was on holiday in Thailand, that clearly beats reading other peopleтАЩs tales!

Lately, following all online activities has been encroaching on my life, I currently spend about 2 houres per day in the internet on gay Thailand forums and blogs, and even after that time it occupies my mind.

So I will take a family visit as an occasion to take a break and get all this stuff out of mind for at last a week, possibly for 10 days.

Why do I share this? No, it is not my vanity that anybody would notice, leave alone care and be concerned. I just wonder if others have similar thoughts. Judging by otherтАЩs posting histories, there might be further addicts/victims. I would like to hear their thoughts.

See you later!

Neal
August 11th, 2012, 04:45
After reading yor post above and sitting back and thinking about it, I have decided maybe I need a shrink also because come to think about it, I seem to be an addict also, spending several hours a day on this forum. I need a break also.

Oh wait, I can't I have to watch all this stuff so nobody insults the royals or throws spit balls at each other! :sign5:

PS Taking a 7 - 10 day break I don't believe requires an announcement but I do appreciate knowing it so I don't think you have been captured and taken into custody. :sign5:

lexusgs
August 12th, 2012, 18:08
Crikey

You are such a polite guy Christian. Take a break man, sounds like you need it. I do enjoy reading the forums here and I can understand how exhausting it must be to keep the forum going.
I myself wonder how some guys on here actually have a normal life day to day. I am lucky enough to have taken a 2 yr career break in mid life here in Thailand so don't really have to worry about work/careerright now. Quite how some other more prolific posters hold down a full time job and post here and on other sites is quite beyond me. I too believe some must have an addiction issue :hello2:

ps Enjoy your time off

joe552
August 14th, 2012, 03:39
in keeping with the new forum etiquette of posting our holiday plans, I shall be away in Greece from the 16th to the 26th of August. hope I'm not missed too much. :party

bruce_nyc
August 15th, 2012, 07:19
It certainly CAN be addicting.

Well, ONE MORE DAY.... and I will be in Pattaya for 5 weeks. ( I actually arrive on Friday morning. )

It will be interesting to see if I find any time at all to go online.... or if I'll be so busy having fun, I'll forget the internet even exists.... hmmmmm. :8( We'll see...

Meanwhile, you guessed it..... I SHOULD be packing right now.... But, no, I am online.... like a fool. :umn:

christianpfc
August 18th, 2012, 16:59
Success!

With days filled with interesting activities (holiday-ing in and around Paris with my parents) and no time left for internet in the evenings, I rarely spent a thought on gay Thailand forums.

Neal
August 18th, 2012, 18:19
Actually while you made the announcement that you were leaving for 10 whole days and now coming back after such a long hiatus (barley realized you were on holiday) I wanted to ask everyone if they would approve a 3 day weekend for me next weekend? :ura1:

Beachlover
August 19th, 2012, 22:29
Well, ChristianPFC... It seems I took a break too. I haven't visited this site for months, haven't read a word. Only I didnтАЩt announce it so people must think I died or something.

I guess I lost interest for a few reasons. LifeтАЩs been hectic тАУ stimulating but hectic. I had a pretty hectic life before but the last few months has been crazy. IтАЩve been traveling non-stop, having to get on a plane 2-3 times a week. Opened several new businesses with an ex-BF and my current BF.

At the same time as all this, I was trying to foster a relationship with first one BF and now another BF, which is a real challenge when youтАЩre constantly flying off with an unpredictable schedule. IтАЩm really making an effort with this BF because we're a perfect match. IтАЩm pretty certain heтАЩs the one, he feels the same about me, we're dizzily in love and weтАЩre both at that stage in life where we want to settle down.

So yeah, with all that, I havenтАЩt had much alone time for the last few months, except when IтАЩm on the plane. Now IтАЩve been back in Sydney for a week and a half, which is the longest IтАЩve stayed in one place for quite a while. I feel eerily calmтАж so I thought IтАЩd drop by SGF and see how itтАЩs going for old timesтАЩ sake!

christianpfc
August 21st, 2012, 01:56
It seems I took a break too. I haven't visited this site for months, haven't read a word. Only I didnтАЩt announce it so people must think I died or something.

I think I am not the only only one who was concerned about your whereabouts. (You can even interprete "missing your valuable contributions to this and other bords" into that.) Welcome back, Beachlover! (You should print out and frame this, who knows how long this feeling will last.)

Beachlover
August 21st, 2012, 23:03
ThatтАЩs very sweet of you ChristianтАж WeтАЩve made you human after all.

I literally havenтАЩt visited or read a word of these boards for these few months. It has inevitably popped up in my head a few times, usually when my mind is idleтАж getting a massage, running, sitting in pool or on a plane about to take off or landтАж those sort of moments, with no laptop on hand.

The time away from it has given me some perspectiveтАж IтАЩm not going to get heavily involved with the personalities within these boards anymore.

DonтАЩt get me wrong. All that stuff in the past was a LOT of fun and I still laugh my head off about some of the stuff that eventuated тАУ a uniquely entertaining snippet of life. Some of it was utterly hilarious. Good memories.

IтАЩve just got to a stage in life where IтАЩve rationalised a lot things. Constant travel has become routine (though now hopefully not as hectic as it has been). At the same time, IтАЩm settling down with my life partner.

So I will continue to post helpful information, voice opinions, joke and participate in discussion as long as I can be bothered. But deep slagfests and articulating/defending the more brutal elements of reality, I wonтАЩt bother with any more... on this board.

You rekindled a lengthy one yesterday from 3 plus months ago and it was deleted. You're correct. There will be NO slagfests on this board by my choice. That was the old SGT we will not tolerate it here. Slagfests are directed to Baht-Stop and or this new Bitch Board. DaBoss :8(