PDA

View Full Version : Three days in Bangkok

lukylok
August 10th, 2012, 04:07
To finish my nearly two month stay in LOS, I spent three days in Bkk.
I know prices are high in Bkk, but 250 for a drink in Heart Break where there is no show, no ambiance, and maximum 6 boys half asleep on the stage, seem to me excessive. And an off fee of 500 ! which I flatly refused.
Same same in the bar under the old Super A, they also asked for 500 off fee, but seeing my dismay :crybaby: , reduced that to 300.
I usually don't count very much when going out but I keep a sense of rationality.

In X boys the show is good, the boys masculine and muscular, and unavailable, they leave as soon as their number is finished. And all the gogos are of a super slim/effem type !
You dream and cannot realise : frustrating.

The best bet after all is still "Ze best gogobar in the vorld ". Drinks are expensive, offs also, but at least the show is well orchestrated, there are over 100 boys to choose from, the captains/waiter professionnals.... At least I am sure to have good time and find a partner.

gaymandenmark
August 10th, 2012, 08:26
Why you dont just go to DJ or GOD and pay 100 bht for at thunder dring? I think you will meet some of the same guys, looking for a hook up.

corky
August 10th, 2012, 14:50
A few points .....

If you go to places like Heart Throb or Super A what do you expect? Stick to Soi Twilight and although the prices may be higher you will see bars with plenty of boys and lots of customers.

My experience of XBoys is not the same as yours. The show boys may be unavailable when you watch them because they go on to do a show in another bar but ask the mamasan to book you a meeting for closing time. The other gogo boys are a range of styles and most certainly are not just "super slim/effem types". Those types come on for one set and are then followed by the beefier group in the following set.

As for "Ze best gogobar in the vorld " (Dreamboys/Boys Bangkok for the uninitiated) I agree with you that this is the best all round gogo bar in Bangkok (and Thailand). There are usually over 100 boys of all styles and the prices can be justified because it is usually full of customers. Compared to my last trip to Pattaya, I think that there are more boys and more customers in this one bar than there were in all the gogo bars in Pattayaland 1,2 and 3 combined! AND ... compared to the Pattayaland bars the gogo's in Dream Boys/Boys Bangkok are at least attractive. Why do Pattaya gogo bars only employ the scrawny, tattooed and ugly dregs of Thai youth?

I also agree with gaymandenmark that DJ Station is the best boy hunting ground in Bangkok and at 100 Baht for all drinks is also the best deal in town. If you are not the disco type then meet those boys in the pubs of Silom Soi 4 between 10pm and midnight and the drinks are even cheaper. Meet those boys on GayRomeo, invite them for a drink at Balcony or Telephone and then let nature take its course. If you are the ingrained gogo bar goer then you have to pay for the convenience and ease of getting your prize but a little conversation and interaction in the pubs and discos can save you a lot and be very rewarding.

August 10th, 2012, 15:33
.. Why do Pattaya gogo bars only employ the scrawny, tattooed and ugly dregs...

It's the owners indulging in what is known as "recruiting in your own image" :sign5:

But seriously, you are being very harsh - there are some beautiful gogo boys in Pattaya, just as there are some in BKK which are (to me) somewhat less than attractive.

:hello2:

christianpfc
August 11th, 2012, 04:33
There are usually over 100 boys of all styles and the prices can be justified because it is usually full of customers. Compared to my last trip to Pattaya, I think that there are more boys and more customers in this one bar than there were in all the gogo bars in Pattayaland 1,2 and 3 combined!

I wonder when and how all these boys enter and leave the bar. When I was there around opening times (between 7 and 9 pm sitting outside with a drink so see who enters Soi Twilight) or at closing time (from around 1 am until they switch off the lights), I never saw such numbers of boys entering or leaving Dreamboys / Boys Bangkok.

Neal
August 11th, 2012, 04:40
Your requirements are much too harsh Christian. I don't know that your "perfect angel" exists. maybe he does but the perfect angel, untattooed and in the correct bikini, not smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of water may be difficult to find. :thk:

August 11th, 2012, 05:12
I wonder when and how all these boys enter and leave the bar. When I was there around opening times (between 7 and 9 pm sitting outside with a drink so see who enters Soi Twilight) or at closing time (from around 1 am until they switch off the lights), I never saw such numbers of boys entering or leaving Dreamboys / Boys Bangkok.

There are of course TWO entrances and exits to Soi Twilight so perhaps that might explain that Christian, I too was there a few weeks ago and whilst I didn't count them I would say there were certainly well over 50-60+ boys on stage at any one time throughout the two or three hours I was there - and that was after quite a lot of them had already been offed as it was about midnight by this point.

cameroncat
August 11th, 2012, 07:25
500 baht off fee plus another 1000 - 1500 baht tip? Crazy, that's like 6 trips to the Babylon. Much better return on your investment LOL