PDA

View Full Version : Incidents on the Beach? LOL!

Neal
August 5th, 2012, 20:35
N Irish started this on another thread and I replied. I thought this might make a very interesting new3 thread. :laughing3:

NIrish Guy

Blog: View Blog (0)
Posted: Sun 5 Aug, 2012 6:49 pm

Now the only thing I did not like was the idiots that go down to the beach or elsewhere and leave a book, hat or towel on the pool chairs.

So, you haven't met many Germans then ???? As this is standard practice by them throughout the world and causes numerous rows in the Spanish beach resorts with German families being well known to get up at 4am to go down to the pool to "bag" their seats for the day, only for the English to eventually follow at about 10am, usually hungover, flinging the germans who went back to bed) towels to the ground and so the daily battle of the beach seats commences - with something close to world war three starting each and every day lol - ha ha glad to see (not) that the same practice has now made it's way to thailand :-(.

Although actually surely I thought that when you first select and sit down on your bed / seat for the day when booked from the beach seat owner / booking guy then I thought that that WAS then your seat for the duration of however long you decided you wanted it, no ?? Perhaps the poor Germans HAVE booked their seat and they wonder who the rude American guy is who keeps turning up at 12 noon and throwing their stuff to the ground every day ?!! lol

Neal
August 5th, 2012, 20:40
Posted: Sun 5 Aug, 2012 8:34 pm
Well actually you are correct my little princess but I would not confine it to one country of people as that regularly happens with Russians also. Maybe some Americans do it also. I am sorry for misspellings and crap as my 4 pm turned out to be a 6 pm and a 2 hour thing and I am just fucking exhausted!!
Back to the chairs, now that you mention it, it happens at the Shang also. But I guess we should start a new thread if we want to talk about rude people, their sun glasses and towels and chairs.

At the beach here, yes, the residents do have their favorite spots reserved by the people who run the places. "J" looks like a crab in 16 gave me hell one time maybe three years ago. I was talking to R and was going back to my spot in a minute and I heard behind me some old crabby bitch say " I don't believe this! You are sitting in MY chair!" Well bitch that I can be, I kept talking and in about 30 seconds I hear "I can't believe it! He's not going to move!" Well of course for aboout a week or two you could hear me in the back row shouting to him in the front Captain's position, "You're sitting in my chair!"

I am going to copy these two posts and start them as a duplicate on a n ew thread. I am sure that we can hear about some doozie incidents on the beach!
I'd like to hear them! No names now!

August 5th, 2012, 21:07
well now someone kindly PM'd me and pointed out that you were talking about the Avalon hotel pool area specifically at the start where it's common place for guests to "bag" their chair and then bugger off to the beach for a few hours and THAT'S why you were removing their possessions - which is all totally understandable of course and I was going to clarify that you weren't actually a beach bully HOWEVER YOU then continued to post and before I had a chance to uphold your good name there you go admitting to terrorising some poor man on the beach and stealing HIS chair and not only that but then hounding him for a week thereafter about it ! - so it seems the "Da Boss Beach Bully" tag stands !! Shame on you !! lol :-)

Neal
August 5th, 2012, 21:12
No, if you read it carefully my Erie-land friend, I said I stole it for only a few minutes so I could tell someone something. I guess my conversation was not short enough and a whiney old CRAB got stressed. :laughing3:

August 5th, 2012, 21:15
lol i did realise that but the thought of you marching up and down the beach throwing old men off their seats and lambasting them if they had the nerve to answer back was MUCH more amusing :-)

Dalewood
August 5th, 2012, 23:46
One of the major cruise lines, just started a crackdown on people hogging the choice deck chairs in the same manner.
As I recall, it is a cruise line in Florida/Caribbean so the misecreants would be overwhelmingly American....

Nabaat
August 6th, 2012, 01:33
Nirish referred to as my little princess...when I stop heavi.g I'll correct the speling

Marsilius
August 6th, 2012, 01:37
...German families being well known to get up at 4am to go down to the pool to "bag" their seats for the day, only for the English to eventually follow at about 10am, usually hungover, flinging the germans who went back to bed) towels to the ground and so the daily battle of the beach seats commences - with something close to world war three starting each and every day...

Reminds me of the comment made by an Englishman after Germany had defeated England in a football match: "They may have beaten us at our national game this time, but remember that we have beaten them at their national game twice."

Apologies to any German members! (And to our resident Scots nationalist.)

August 6th, 2012, 02:03
Well I guess being called a little princess is better than being called an old queen so I'll take that with a smile :-) jealously my friend is a terrible thing !! Lol :-)

joe552
August 6th, 2012, 02:11
scottish-guy doesn't mind being called an old queen, so I don't see why you should, NIrish Guy :occasion9:

August 6th, 2012, 03:16
Most probably as I'm neither old nor a queen - allegedly -)

joe552
August 6th, 2012, 03:28
not what I've heard - but you hang on to your illusions, you'll need them as time goes on :occasion9:

christianpfc
August 6th, 2012, 04:00
Reminds me of the comment made by an Englishman after Germany had defeated England in a football match: "They may have beaten us at our national game this time, but remember that we have beaten them at their national game twice."

But your friend kept quiet that England had significant support from third parties. Otherwise, fair play man on man, the outcome would have been very different!

I wonder how long is the rent for the chairs on the gay beach? I usally go in the afternoon and stay just a few hours and don't leave my chair much, so I don't have the problem to mark a chair I have paid for as mine.

"J" looks like a crab in 16 gave me hell one time maybe three years ago.

:scratch: Can you say that in English please?

August 6th, 2012, 04:47

But your friend kept quiet that England had significant support from third parties. Otherwise, fair play man on man, the outcome would have been very different...

Point 1 @ Marsilius - Typical English arrogance displayed by whoever made that comment - borne out of the belief that England = Britain, and taking no account of the sacrifices made by the rest of Britain AND the Allies. That comment is nothing short of an insult to the millions killed in both Wars.

Point 2 @ Christian - You almost sound sorry that Germany lost?
If so, and leaving aside WW1, it's an interesting departure from the usual German apologist line of "We didn't really support Hitler anyway and we're all ashamed of what happened".
Now you seem to be suggesting that Germany deserved to win and would have done so if it had not been ganged-up on?
I think you need to clarify

:occasion9:

August 6th, 2012, 06:13
Ok joe, "whatever", I'm obviously deluding myself, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to believe all you hear perhaps, but whatever, up to you.

August 6th, 2012, 09:59
What a bitch fest LOL. If I put my towel on the beach does that mean the whole place is mine? Can I leave it there till next year?

Marsilius
August 6th, 2012, 10:28
Typical English arrogance displayed by whoever made that comment - borne out of the belief that England = Britain, and taking no account of the sacrifices made by the rest of Britain AND the Allies. That comment is nothing short of an insult to the millions killed in both Wars.

England - and Scotland - almost always (Olympic Team GB aside) play as separate soccer teams. The JOKE would not have worked if "British" had been used because the "British" team had not played in the football match.

And to think that I'd even taken the trouble to apologse to you in advance for the joke!

August 6th, 2012, 11:04
I don't see the basis for any joke - to conflate Germany beating England in a football match with England beating Germany in two wars, is flawed for the reasons I stated.

The idea that the person making the comment or joke, took into account that Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland play as separate football teams is funnier than the "joke".

:pottytrain2:

Neal
August 6th, 2012, 11:54
J is the first initial of someone, 16 is like section #16, and crab is another old worn out crab thin wrinkly old crabby looking falanmg who sits in the chair looking as though he is the captain of the section referred to above. Now do you get it?

That being said, I am curiously awaiting the answers to the questions SG posed above as I thought the same thing reading your post Christian.
Are you sorry your fearless leader lost? Do you consider that he was ganged up on? And that being said what about other countries that get support from outside in order to help get atrocities against the people fixed when they can't do it alone?

christianpfc
August 7th, 2012, 03:27
The comment by Marsilius' friend is mildly amusing.

I know the difference between England, Scotland (Wales, Northern Ireland), Great Britain and the United Kindom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland), but for simplicity often use "England" instead of UK.

It was not England who beat Germany in two world wars (let's just consider WWII for following explanations), it was the UK with help from the USA and Soviet Russia (to start with; in 1945 almost every country on earth declared war on Germany, cowards!) who won the war. And people often forget that England and France declared war on Germany. Let's say, I think the current portrayal/depiction of WWII is one-sided. He who wins the war writes the history books. "Double standards" comes to mind. (What have I gotten myself into?)

I think during WWII, Germany was the scientific, industrial, and military most advanced nation (only exception: the atom bomb) and would haven beaten every single other country, but not all of them together.

Considering this, the comment by Marsilius' friend is rather inappropriate.

August 7th, 2012, 03:59
I think during WWII, Germany ............. would haven beaten every single other country, but not all of them together.

Well, leaving your views aside all I can say is thank GOD they didn't as if so not one us would be here today to even have this conversation as we'd all have been taking off to the gas chambers long ago simply for being Gay - although as you have pointed out Christian the Germans were so technically advanced that I'm SURE they would have devised a MUCH quicker and more efficent way of killing us by now rather than having to use that pesky Zyklon B gas, eh Christian ??

RonanTheBarbarian
August 7th, 2012, 04:12
Christian, pretending you regret the loss of the war by Hitler isnt cool, even if the excitable gang on here are an irresistable target.

Some brief points:

1) France and Britain did declare war, but this was after Hitler invaded Poland, which he knew would (inevitably) result in war. Hitler started the war, who actually "declared war" is actually meaningless in this instance unless you are a lunatic and/or Nazi of the David Irving sort.

2) I agree that Germany would probably have beaten all of the Allies militarily if it had fought them individually (with the possible exception of the USA). Aren't we all lucky that Hitler was so insane that he provoked a war with more than one country at a time?

3) Declaring war on Germany in 1945 was somewhat pointless, but not "cowardly". No one was suggesting that Ecuador or Guatemala were going to fight, the Allies put pressure on the countries to declare war on Germany in 1944-45 to make the point that Germany was such a pariah that every other country in the World was so repulsed by the evils of Nazism that they were willing to declare war on them just to demonstrate that (incidentally, the leaders of my own country (Ireland) were too bloody stubborn to do so, with the result that the USA prevented us from joining the UN until 1955. Very few countries were bull-headed enough to make THIS a point of principal though..perhaps they could see the bigger picture?)

4) The whole point about "history is written by the victors " is very tasteless coming out of the mouth of a homosexual man ...do you really think that there would have been any history books in the gulag/concentration camp you would now be living in if your compatriots had been victorious six decades ago? That is if you survived to this age at all...

August 7th, 2012, 14:09
[attachment=0:1wg4ft0n]christian-checks-in.jpg[/attachment:1wg4ft0n]

Marsilius
August 7th, 2012, 16:10
Another joke (at the risk of offending our Scottish friend)...

Angela Merkel arrives at Athens airport and goes to the Immigration counter.

Immigration officer: Name?
AM: Angela Merkel.
Immigration officer: Nationality?
AM: German.
Immigration officer: Occupation?
AM: No, just a holiday this time...

August 7th, 2012, 16:12
now THATS funny!

:sign5:

martin911
August 7th, 2012, 19:02
now THATS funny!

:sign5:

55555555555 It sure is :laughing3: :laughing3:

a447
August 7th, 2012, 19:14
Don't take offense, Christian. I mean it really is funny!

Manforallseasons
August 7th, 2012, 20:01
I think Christianpfc should at least be given the same option that the Germans gave Rommel!

bruce_nyc
August 7th, 2012, 21:05
About the pool chairs...

Is it not a problem that the hotels cause to some extent?

I mean, I've often seen some pretty large hotels that have a pool.... and only 4 lounge chairs! What do they expect is going to happen!?

At the beach, the "chair operators" always provide enough chairs for everyone.... ( Even if it's not your favorite special chair, they always have one for you. )

The fine 5-star resorts actually have "chair operators" who act like a maitre d' ....who assigns you a lounge chair, with your consent, and even sets up your towel making it perfect for you, and gets the waiter to take your drink order... :glasses7:

But provide 4 lounge chairs at the pool of a 400 room hotel, and you're going to get about 100 people fighting over each char... :8(

IMHO, in Thailand, where labor is cheap, there is no excuse for not having a pool chair maitre d' who manages all the chairs and towels and guarantees enough for everyone.... even at the more moderately priced hotels. The pool staff usually work for tips anyway, so how much could it possibly cost the hotel?

francois
August 8th, 2012, 01:14
I think during WWII, Germany was the scientific, industrial, and military most advanced nation (only exception: the atom bomb) and would haven beaten every single other country, but not all of them together. .

The development of the A bomb is fascinating. In Germany two physicists Otto Hahn and Lisa Meitner were doing research on nuclear fission which ultimately led to the development of the bomb. Meitner realized the potential of the research, and being Jewish, fled Germany. Based on her work, and at the encouragement of other physicists, Albert Einstein wrote to President Roosevelt, USA, to persuade him to develop an A-bomb. This A bomb was developed to be used on Germany and not Japan. Once engaged in the war, Germany did not have the resources, as did the USA, to come close to producing a nuclear weapon.

August 8th, 2012, 01:21
... Once engaged in the war, Germany did not have the resources, as did the USA, to come close to producing a nuclear weapon.

Christian is working on it now.

bruce_nyc
August 8th, 2012, 02:22
:kap: Are you suggesting that the Germans might use nuclear weapons to protect their pool chairs if a full confrontation were to break out?

August 8th, 2012, 04:03
Only if all the other nationalities gang-up on them in this battle of the pool-chairs.

anonone
August 8th, 2012, 09:18
Only here could a thread contain drama about pool chairs, nuclear weapons, and Hitler.

I love it !!!

To be somewhat on topic, the only Incidents I have seen at the beach involved smokers sitting next to non-smokers.
Have not witnessed any controversial chair claiming....

August 8th, 2012, 14:34
Only here could a thread contain drama about pool chairs, nuclear weapons, and Hitler.

I love it !!!...

Yes, you see this is why I despair when the SGF "on-topic police" - aka moaning old farts, complain when topics are broadened out.

To give DB his due, he does allow topics to "develop" without jumping in with both feet.

:party

Manforallseasons
August 8th, 2012, 16:25
I think during WWII, Germany was the scientific, industrial, and military most advanced nation (only exception: the atom bomb) and would haven beaten every single other country, but not all of them together.(quote) Christainpfc

I'm surprised you didn't mention what they considered a success with there innovative use of Zyclon B. I cant find an appropriate smiley for this one.

August 8th, 2012, 16:54
Maybe the German education authorities have given up teaching this period in German history?

I believe that when the Allies liberated (and discovered the horrific contents of) Dachau concentration camp, they forced the local German population to march through it to see what they had been complicit in.

Who knows whether those German people were truly sorry or ashamed - maybe they were acting for the benefit of the newsreels of the day - but to witness an well-educated GAY person on this forum seemingly regretting that Germany lost WW2, and suggesting that the Third Reich was "advanced" suggests that lessons have not been learned and that there is still an innate German desire to "Rule the World".

:occasion9:

Neal
August 8th, 2012, 18:28
Sometimes people forget that in the real world and in real conversations that people go off topic for a while but eventually come back. It should be noted that while you only see a few people who scream about why a thread is going off topic or in the wrong forum, you do not see all the PMs! They don't even give us a chance to look at the threads and read them before we get these PMs. Like we have missed them and they are there for days. They aren't even there for a couple of hours! :sign5:
What is this thread about anyway? Gold metals in Great Britain? No that's Chri's job, plastic cards for rainbow or Cristian and our trains? Gee oh yes, beach chairs and beating the shit outta those who steal our chairs. That's it!

Manforallseasons
August 8th, 2012, 19:47
I thought it was about "The boys from Brazil".

bruce_nyc
August 9th, 2012, 00:40
So how about those Yankees!?

How do you think they're going to do this season?

kjun12
August 9th, 2012, 12:17
Now you seem to be suggesting that Germany deserved to win and would have done so if it had not been ganged-up on?
I think you need to clarify

While I certainly don't accept that Germany should have won, It probably would have turned out differently if the US had not entered this awful event.

aot871
August 9th, 2012, 14:41
Who cares where u sit on the beach , i was there in late april/early may and the gay section was hardly full, with most sections only having about 10 guys, or less at around 3pm, so plenty of chairs, What i will add is that i agree about the lack of boys on the beach, but i think thats because of the lack of punters